Author Topic: Sanae Quest (Part 5)  (Read 50842 times)

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
Sanae Quest (Part 5)
« on: May 27, 2011, 11:21:05 PM »
> You are Kochiya Sanae, and there are dreams that have been had!
> You had had a lot of free time now, so you and Tatara Kogasa decided to go sight-seeing in the Underground for a week.  However, it had only been two days and there are ghosts underground.  They're everywhere.  As an incident solver, there was no way you could leave this alone!  Now you've gotten caught up in all sorts of things.
> You have discovered Konpaku Youmu, and in the process discovered the ghost girl Madotsuki, who had traveled underground with her friend "Mary" for some reason.  You've taken it upon yourself to find someone to hook Reimu up with.  You've discovered a greenhouse at the Scarlet Devil Mansion and Kikuri at the Myouren Temple.  You've discovered the existence of dream worlds.  You've managed to return Madotsuki to the Netherworld.  You've vowed to do something about the food issues in Gensokyo after the Day of Kikuri.  During a dream, you created a new world for Poniko and the other inhabitants of Madotsuki's dream world to live in, and for some reason have gotten a huge power-up.  You've  promised Parsee you'd punch Gengetsu, and sort of fulfilled this promise.  You've decided to ask Kazami Yuuka and Aki Minoriko about building a greenhouse, as well as the SDM as Patchouli seems to have some spells available.  You've traveled to the Tengu Village and picked up copies of the Bunbunmaru and Kakashi Spirit News.  From that, you've learned that the yamabiko at the Myouren Temple is named Kasodani Kyouko.  You've let Hina take your misfortune, and have convinced Nitori to help the faeries man the radio tower.  You want to ask Kanako-sama about your parents.  You've had a conversation with Pyonta-kun, who gave you some sort of insight on your current situation concerning the creation of the dream world.  You've let Madotsuki spend the night at your shrine.  During your entire time asleep, you and Kogasa have started to explore your dream world, and in the process discovered child versions of Patchouli, Ichirin, and Konngara.  You tried subconsciously manipulating Konngara, but you're feeling conflicted about it.  Oh, and you've also discovered that everyone from Madotsuki's dream world has made it over safely.
> Right now, you and Kogasa have just woken up.  It is currently 9am.

> Inventory:

> Shrine maiden clothes (currently equipped)
> Frog hairpin (currently equipped)
  > A hairpin with the blessings of Moriya Suwako.
> Snake charm (currently equipped)
  > A charm with the blessings of Yasaka Kanako.
> Gohei
  > Youkai-beating miko stick that looks like a spatula.
> ?4840
> Photo of you and Nue
  > You keep this in your shirt as a keepsake of the UFO incident.
> x1 drawing (ghost girl)
  > A drawing of Madotsuki.  Given to you by Yuyuko for future reference.
> x1 drawing (kogasana)
  > A drawing of you and Kogasa, drawn by Yuyuko as a request.
> x1 Bunbunmaru
  > A copy of Aya's newspaper
> x1 Kakashi Spirit News
  > A copy of Hatate's newspaper
> x2 coupons to Mystia'
  > Buy one, get one free!  For the lamprey stand.

> Quests:

> Go Go Miko Rangers!
  > You have decided to ask Suwako-sama about the giant robot.
  > You've found out from Kanako-sama that the giant robot is in some mountains near Youkai Mountain, directly underneath Bhava-Agra's main island.

> Who You Gonna Call?
  > A huge number of ghosts from the surface are swarming the Underground! Are you a bad enough miko to solve this incident?
  > The huge number of ghosts have come from the Netherworld, led by two girls: Madotsuki, and another who looks like "Yukari".
  > You have vowed to find Madotsuki and find out how to stop the dream world she created from crumbling.
  > You have found Madotsuki and returned her to the Netherworld.  Now all that's left is to find her friend "Mary" and stop Madotsuki's dream world from crumbling.
  > You have managed to create a dream world for the remaining denizens of Madotsuki's dream world to escape to.

> Red Shrine Maiden Needs Date Badly!
  > Keep a look out for potential girlfriends for Reimu. Konngara's a bust, but there might be hope with Satori...

> Yomigaeru, Iron Chef!
  > Continue levelling up our cooking skill!

> In 20XX Gensokyoan Diety Minoriko Aki Recorded: Rock Me Amadeus
  > Inquire with Minoriko about possible solutions to food issues.
  > Ask the SDM about using their greenhouse to grow food.
  > You've decided to seek Kazami Yuuka's and Aki Minoriko's aid in building a greenhouse.

> Whose Child Is This?
  > Ask Kanako-sama about our parents.

> This is Radio Free Gensokyo!
  > Find a kappa to help repair the faeries' "shrine" and get cell phones working.  In addition, attempt to get the faeries trained on how to maintain the radio tower.
  > Nitori was able to turn on the radio tower, and has agreed to help the faeries learn how to work it.

> Skills: Miracles

> Light as a Feather
  > You are abnormally light.  The slightest gust of wind can send you flying.
> Miracle Fruit
  > You can make miracle fruit grow instantly on any plant or tree, dead or alive.
> From the Aether
  > Grass, small plants, and miracle fruit will appear around you when you walk around barefoot.
> Purifying Bomb
  > You can build up a charge, and release it as purifying energy.

> Spellcards:

> Estorica "Gray Thaumaturgy"
> Wonder "Daytime Guest Stars"
> Sea Opening "Moses's Miracle"
> Great Miracle "Yasaka's Divine Wind"
> Miracle "Miracle Fruit"

> _

☆ Check my profile for links to my sites! ☆
[21:12] <OneLoveOnePurvis> *Black as hell and bitter as love. That is coffee.*
[17:42] <Amra> Himiko's one of the people that's really cute but sometimes art shifts into like hard jojo-style
[17:42] <Amra> as she does something out of character

Re: Sanae Quest (Part 5)
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2011, 11:28:31 PM »
> Stick our tongue out at Kogasa for being a silly sleepy head, and head to our room to change clothes.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2011, 11:31:05 PM »
> Stick our tongue out at Kogasa for being a silly sleepy head, and head to our room to change clothes.

> Kogasa sticks her tongue out right back, although it's more playful than anything.
> You head over to your room to change clothes.  Only after you've changed completely do you realize that Madotsuki is still asleep in here.  She isn't awake, so she didn't see you change, fortunately.

> _

[17:42] <Amra> Himiko's one of the people that's really cute but sometimes art shifts into like hard jojo-style

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2011, 12:06:52 AM »
> Sneak quietly out of the room, and head for the kitchen.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2011, 12:08:44 AM »
> Sneak quietly out of the room, and head for the kitchen.

> You sneak out of the room so as not to wake up Madotsuki, and head to the kitchen.
> When you get there, you see Kanako-sama making toast.  It smells really good.
> She glances over at you and smiles.  "Good morning."

> _

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2011, 12:14:16 AM »
> "Morning, Kanako-sama! Have any interesting dreams?"
> Dig through the cupboard to find a light breakfast for us, Kogasa, and Madotsuki.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2011, 12:22:35 AM »
> "Morning, Kanako-sama! Have any interesting dreams?"
> Dig through the cupboard to find a light breakfast for us, Kogasa, and Madotsuki.

> "No, not really."  She puts some toast on a plate.  "Want some?"
> You dig through the cupboard in search of breakfast.  There's bread, rice, those peaches, still...That's what comes to mind for breakfast, at least.

> _

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2011, 12:25:56 AM »
> Aw... guess Kanako-sama didn't really remember the dream... though, she was doing pretty much the same stuff she does here.
> "Yeah, I guess toast will do. Do we have jam?"

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2011, 12:29:18 AM »
> Aw... guess Kanako-sama didn't really remember the dream... though, she was doing pretty much the same stuff she does here.
> "Yeah, I guess toast will do. Do we have jam?"

> She wasn't lucid after all, huh...Not like it'd make much of a difference.
> Toast is nice, though.
> "Yes, I found apple butter earlier," she says, handing over a jar.  "It hasn't reached its expiration date yet, so it should be good."

> _

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2011, 12:31:08 AM »
OMG applebutter  :*

> "Thanks!"
> Get six pieces of bread toasting, then hustle on back to our room to wake up Madotsuki.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2011, 12:44:21 AM »
> "Thanks!"
> Get six pieces of bread toasting, then hustle on back to our room to wake up Madotsuki.

> You get some bread toasting, and then hurry back to your room, passing Kogasa along the way.  Madotsuki is still asleep when you reach your room, but at the sound of your footsteps she stirs a little.

> _

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2011, 12:46:57 AM »
> Shake Madotsuki awake. "Hey, good morning, sleepy head! Breakfast is cooking!"

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2011, 12:50:34 AM »
> Shake Madotsuki awake. "Hey, good morning, sleepy head! Breakfast is cooking!"

> You shake Madotsuki awake.  She bolts up, nearly bumping her forehead against yours, but her eyes stay closed.
> "Morning..."  She yawns and stands up.  "That must be the nice smell."

> _

« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2011, 12:57:22 AM »
> "It's just toast, but we have applebutter, too. Go ahead and wash your face, and come back to where we had snacks last night. The washroom's just down the hall."
> Leave, and go back to the kitchen. When the toast is ready, just pile it on a plate and take it and the applebutter to the dining room.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2011, 01:03:36 AM »
> "It's just toast, but we have applebutter, too. Go ahead and wash your face, and come back to where we had snacks last night. The washroom's just down the hall."
> Leave, and go back to the kitchen. When the toast is ready, just pile it on a plate and take it and the applebutter to the dining room.

> "Okaay."  Madotsuki heads out of the room and down the hall.
> You head back to the kitchen and finish preparing the toast.  Once it's ready, you pile it all on a plate and take it, along with the applebutter, into the dining room.  Kanako-sama is already eating in there; it looks like she made herself some toast on the side.

> _

« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2011, 01:08:06 AM »
> Take a slice of toast and spread the applebutter over it.
> "Kanako-sama, could I talk to you after breakfast? It's something kind of personal..."
> Beat.
> "It's not about relationship problems!"

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2011, 01:18:40 AM »
> Take a slice of toast and spread the applebutter over it.
> "Kanako-sama, could I talk to you after breakfast? It's something kind of personal..."
> Beat.
> "It's not about relationship problems!"

> You take a slice of toast.
> You ask if you could talk to Kanako-sama after breakfast...but it's not about relationship problems this time.
> Kanako-sama chuckles a little.  "All right."

> _

« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2011, 01:20:50 AM »
> Giggle, and nibble on the toast.
> "So, would you be mad if I told you that I became a shrine maiden for a new shrine~?"

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2011, 01:27:43 AM »
> Giggle, and nibble on the toast.
> "So, would you be mad if I told you that I became a shrine maiden for a new shrine~?"

> "Oh, really?  Are you spreading faith, or is there some new goddess?"  Kanako-sama grins.

> _

« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2011, 01:31:28 AM »
> "Oh! Hold on, before I forget!"
> Run back to our room, and grab our cellphone. Come back to the table with it.
> "Sorry. Anyways, I went to that radio tower, the one in the newspaper? All of these fairies were hanging out there, and they said it was a fairy shrine. Well, I told them that a proper shrine needed a shrine maiden, so they sort of elected me to become the new shrine maiden."

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2011, 01:42:50 AM »
> "Oh! Hold on, before I forget!"
> Run back to our room, and grab our cellphone. Come back to the table with it.
> "Sorry. Anyways, I went to that radio tower, the one in the newspaper? All of these fairies were hanging out there, and they said it was a fairy shrine. Well, I told them that a proper shrine needed a shrine maiden, so they sort of elected me to become the new shrine maiden."

> Oh, that's right!  Your cell phone!  You run back to your room and pick it up before heading back to the table.
> Obtained: x1 cell phone
> You explain to Kanako-sama about the faerie shrine, and how you were chosen as their shrine maiden.
> "That was rather nice of you.  Most people don't take faeries seriously."

> _

« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2011, 01:45:32 AM »
> "There's more! So, it wasn't running, so I got Nitori to help get it running again! Also, she said that she'll teach the fairies how to keep it going."
> Turn on the cellphone.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2011, 01:50:21 AM »
> "There's more! So, it wasn't running, so I got Nitori to help get it running again! Also, she said that she'll teach the fairies how to keep it going."
> Turn on the cellphone.

> "Really?  I haven't seen that girl in a while."
> You turn on the cellphone.
> ...It works!  The reception isn't very good, but it works!

> _

« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2011, 01:51:57 AM »
> "Yeah. I had to get the curse goddess's help to find her: she's been hiding for some reason, but wouldn't tell me why. Let's see if I can reach Hatate..."
> Dial Hatate's number.
> What's taking Kogasa and Madotsuki so long...?

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2011, 01:55:36 AM »
> "Yeah. I had to get the curse goddess's help to find her: she's been hiding for some reason, but wouldn't tell me why. Let's see if I can reach Hatate..."
> Dial Hatate's number.
> What's taking Kogasa and Madotsuki so long...?

> "Huh."
> You dial Hatate's number.  Where are Kogasa and Madotsuki?
> "Sanaeee..."  You hear Kogasa calling from the hallway.  "Madotsuki collapsed in the hallway!"
> Kanako-sama stands up from the table.  "What?"

> _

« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2011, 01:57:28 AM »
> Drop the cellphone and rush to the hallway!

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2011, 02:03:40 AM »
> Drop the cellphone and rush to the hallway!

> You and Kanako-sama rush to the hallway!
> Kogasa is kneeling next to Madotsuki, who is laying crumpled on the floor.
> "She just kind of keeled over, like she's sleeping or something..."  Kogasa shakes her head.

> _

« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2011, 02:09:06 AM »
> Check her forehead, to see if she has a fever.
> "Should we put her back in the futon?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2011, 02:12:15 AM »
>"Does this happen to ghosts much?"

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2011, 02:15:58 AM »
> Check her forehead, to see if she has a fever.
> "Should we put her back in the futon?"

>"Does this happen to ghosts much?"

> You touch her forehead.  Hot!
> You suggest putting Madotsuki back into the futon.  Kogasa nods.  "Probably..."
> Do ghosts even get fevers?
> "Suddenly collapsing like this?  I'm honestly not sure.  I'm getting the thermometer," Kanako-sama says, and heads back into the other room.

> _