Author Topic: Mima Love?  (Read 11487 times)

iK

• Triple Teasing Charicature
Re: Mima Love?
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2012, 11:55:33 PM »
Yay we have a mima cycle that's awesome.  Kind of want to read over another mima thread now.   :V

http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,12034.0.html

Here's a recent thread that turned into Mima-matic shenanigans quickly. Just do a CTRL+F for Mima and behold.
[☰] [☴] [☵] [☶] [☷] [☳] [☲] [☱]

Moerin

• What's punk? It's an explosion of suppressed dissatisfaction.
  • It's the roar of the soul!
« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2012, 12:00:13 AM »
Yay we have a mima cycle that's awesome.
Is it bad that the first thing I thought of when I saw this was Mima riding a motorcycle?

...Mind you, that would be awesome, so.
The solution to all of life's problems!

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥
"For hearts long lost and full of fright, for those alone in blackest night, accept our ring and join our fight... Love Conquers All -  with violet light!"

« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2012, 01:08:01 AM »
Is it bad that the first thing I thought of when I saw this was Mima riding a motorcycle?

Considering she has no feet, does that mean she'd be almost horizontal, just holding on to the handlebars?
She races towards the cliff at 200kmph, her enemy hovering over Gensokyo unaware of her presence. Nearing the cliff, she slams down the breaks and releases her hold, arrowing towards the unwary fool, slamming into her at great velocity mere moments later.
As Mima somersaults onto her bike straight from the assault, a quiet sound can be heard from the unfortunate victim, almost lost in the roar of the engine, itself drowned out by the sound of sheer style; "Dude. So awesome," she breathes.

Google images gives me no images of biker mima. I am disappoint.

iK

« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2012, 01:32:19 AM »
No results for Mima+Motorcycle on Danbooru either.

Quite Disappointing- TAKE THIS; IRON FIST.

game2011

• magneiptVE
    • Unsurpassed ??asual Dating - Real Women
« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2012, 04:24:05 AM »
Considering she has no feet
Mystic Square, 'nuff said.

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2012, 04:33:26 AM »
> how many Mimas can fit into a game
i read this the same way one would read "how many people would fit in a car"

anyway minecraft has
Spoiler:
not
4815162342 lines of code so replace every line with a "draw mima" function

teets mi hao 2 2hu teets mi teets mi hao 2 2hu

« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2012, 04:15:01 PM »
So I wonder how you all found out about Mima and came to like her?

For me it was that Twilight Spark video and I liked the bgm, so I found out it was Reincarnation, then I found out she was linked to Marisa as her possible Teacher.

DeltaSierra4

• Behind each smile
  • is ten thousand sorrows
« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2012, 08:41:42 PM »
So I wonder how you all found out about Mima and came to like her?

For me it was that Twilight Spark video and I liked the bgm, so I found out it was Reincarnation, then I found out she was linked to Marisa as her possible Teacher.

As a Touhou fan who got into Touhou after playing all the danmaku games, I grew fond of her after playing PC-98 games. I'm not exactly fond of Reimu (or the PC-98 Marisa), so if I had to choose a character I like from the PC-98 cast, Mima had to be one choice.
"Times will bring that up over and over again. It's like I'm dying from my mental hemophilia... Forgetting the past is easier said than done. You know it dies hard, and when it dies, it dies with you."

« Reply #38 on: May 06, 2012, 09:42:06 PM »
I've never played the PC-98 games (I want to, but I don't know where to get them or how to set them up) but I like Mima because I tend to like prankster-ish characters. She also seems rather sinister, and I like that too.

I knew she existed, but I wasn't that interested in her at first, until I heard Reincarnation. I liked it, so I looked up more information about her. I went through a stage of really really liking her and now I just think she's cool :V

« Reply #39 on: May 07, 2012, 12:28:10 AM »

is it bad that I'm now imagining Mima riding a motorcycle while Judas Priest's Painkiller is playing?

Yeah I still don't get Mima?  She's not part of the window series yet I see she's very popular for some reason.   Yeah I would really love to know because random people in English and Japan love Mima a lot.  Anybody care to explain why everybody loves her?

I don't understand how Mima's fandom goes in the west or Japan, I guess I can't help you about how others view her, at least not without speculation, sorry. The fanworks (games, 4koma, doujinshi, fanarts, mods, not sure if there's more) featuring her seem to be difficult to analyze, regarding the topic's subject, either, because it seems difficult to me to try to find out
1) if Mima is a necessary character in a story/game/drawing, what made the author choose her;
2) if she's optional (not necessary for a game's plot, even if she may be an unskippable boss, for example), what made the author choose her as well.

Maybe (maybe) she gives enough room for people's creativity, maybe people have their own reasons for liking her (being, despite the boastful attitude, someone seemingly even more determined than Marisa, for example
Spoiler:
unless PC-98 Marisa wasn't as determinator-ess as her Windows self
, also being the closest thing Touhou has to a wizard, also being the only akuryou-type *character* featured in the games, the astrology theme, and the possibility that she gets to fight Reimu again, or Marisa, or liking her personality).

IdiotsOpposite: Oh, don't get me wrong, remaking old threads once in a while is probably good if anything. Like telling an old joke to a new crowd, you'll probably get at least a few people who haven't heard it before, and everyone who has can just turn their attention elsewhere. Besides, it's kind of ridiculous to expect someone to go through an entire subforum to see if the topic was already made.

also, threads that are unused for 14 days in TARC are locked.

Personally, I'd like to know more about her past (*if* possible), before she stopped being an evil "evil spirit". What (besides her *coughagecough*) made her become an evil spirit, and what made her change her "evil" personality. Also, more info on her concept (and later, Marisa's in SoEW) would be welcome. *If* possible.
neku: now for something important.
Translations.
How much time do you guys think it will take for HM to be translated? Besides everyone's story modes and the whole menus, there's also the fact that the way HM's programmed is different from all other games. I bet it'll take two months.

lusvik: I don't mind about playing HM in japanese. The language of punching other people is international.

Drake

« Reply #40 on: May 07, 2012, 12:51:57 AM »
I think Mima in SoEW turning into the Mima in PoDD and on is heavily influenced by ZUN's desire to make Touhou into a relatively carefree, whimsical and silly series. Reimu was quite carefree already, and Mima turning from an "evil direct antagonist" into "I can't even remember why I'm evil anymore, also I'm not actually dead jeez!" and the like for basically every character in PoDD sort of suggests that.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

iK

« Reply #41 on: May 07, 2012, 01:42:03 AM »
So Mima's basically Team Rocket.

Glad we got that figured out.

« Reply #42 on: May 07, 2012, 03:06:31 AM »
I have no clue who Mima is or what role she played in the old games, but after watching this Walfas, I began to like her anyway.

Drake

« Reply #43 on: May 07, 2012, 03:12:44 AM »
but that's probably one of the most terrible representations of mima ever ;;
(and basically every character that showed up)

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

« Reply #44 on: May 07, 2012, 08:26:14 AM »
those faded (watercolour?) drawn pictures.

Looks like pastel, or maybe just plain colored pencils.

iK

« Reply #45 on: May 07, 2012, 12:41:03 PM »
Looks like pastel, or maybe just plain colored pencils.

Aoshi must have some awfully soft coloured pencils to get solid looking colours.

Also yes, that grossly 1-dimensional depiction of the characters was...uh

grossly 1-dimensional.

Huh, my diction was nice, but then I ran out of lexicon.