Author Topic: Ask A Staffer Final Round - The Askening: Tengukami  (Read 64512 times)

Mimachiro

• Master of the Swimsuit
  • Making being an evil spirit look good
    • Tondemonai
Re: Ask A Staffer Final Round - The Askening: Tengukami
« Reply #90 on: August 25, 2011, 09:42:08 AM »
Why does a chicken cross the road in Iceland?

Fork or spoon?

Did you smoke a big ol' cigar the day your daughter was born?

"I don't have anything against you, but I hope you're ready to die a dog's death!
Oh, don't worry, that cat will carry off your body, so you'll be able to live in our place!"

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #91 on: August 25, 2011, 09:43:23 PM »
What, to you, are the qualities that make a good person? The qualities that make a good man, that make a good woman?

What things have you learned about the other staffers in their respective question threads that you particularly appreciated learning?

What last words would you pass down to humans in the upcoming generations? How about to this fandom and this forum?

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
« Reply #92 on: August 27, 2011, 09:28:11 AM »
Hmm, following a set of questions like that makes me feel a little silly for deciding to ask this, but eh.

Do you have any hats? If so, which ones are your favorites? What compelled you to buy hats if you have them? If you don't, why not?
Should hats be a form of currency?

By our powers combined, you are...?

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #93 on: August 28, 2011, 12:55:25 AM »
PROTIP: his real name is Tengu "The Kami" Amaterasu

You told! >:(

Why does a chicken cross the road in Iceland?

With great caution. These people can't drive. I doubt they're even aware that the funny stick coming out of the steering column is for making a turn signal.

Fork or spoon?

SPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!

Did you smoke a big ol' cigar the day your daughter was born?

No, but I did cut her umbilical cord. WITH MY TEETH.

OK, not with my teeth but with surgical scissors. Still, that's something I can lord over her for a lifetime. "I cut your cord, you know! Don't tell me you have to listen to your music loud!"

What, to you, are the qualities that make a good person? The qualities that make a good man, that make a good woman?

A good person is able to put themselves in the place of others and treat them with respect and compassion. This can take so many forms, like giving someone your last cigarette, donating to charity, or diving in front of a bullet to save someone else's life. It's just a way of living, and I don't see much difference between what makes a good man or a good woman in that regard.

What things have you learned about the other staffers in their respective question threads that you particularly appreciated learning?

What I think has been great about this experiment is that every staffer has been very sincere and forthcoming. It's been a real pleasure to see even very guarded staffers shrouded in mystery and intrigue speak so frankly about themselves. I hope it's made everyone feel closer to them.

What last words would you pass down to humans in the upcoming generations? How about to this fandom and this forum?

"Friends don't let friends listen to James Taylor."

Barring that, "Above all else, love one another. Life is incredibly short, and in this brief time you have here, live as you truly want to live, but try to leave this planet a little better than you found it."

Fandom:  "Keep creating!"

Forum: "A forum is only as good as the posts in it. Don't wait for good content; make it."

Do you have any hats? If so, which ones are your favorites? What compelled you to buy hats if you have them? If you don't, why not?
Should hats be a form of currency?

I have two hats: a straw fedora-type thing and a wool cap. I really need to get an ushanka in time for winter. That would be my favorite, because it keeps me so damn warm in the winter that I hardly need a coat at all.

Hats should indeed be a form of currency: the bigger they are, the more valuable they become. That guards of Buckingham Palace would be able to retire in style.

By our powers combined, you are...?

COLONEL Planet. I outrank that blue-skinned freak.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Mimachiro

• Master of the Swimsuit
    • Tondemonai
« Reply #94 on: August 28, 2011, 11:13:29 AM »
Are trees falling?

What do you do when you lose power in your household?

How prepared are you at a moment's notice for any kind of emergency?

"I don't have anything against you, but I hope you're ready to die a dog's death!
Oh, don't worry, that cat will carry off your body, so you'll be able to live in our place!"

Tengukami

« Reply #95 on: September 01, 2011, 05:20:49 PM »
Guess I should answer these before the thread gets archived.

Are trees falling?

Probably!

What do you do when you lose power in your household?

This hasn't happened to me in years. But I do have plenty of candles, just in case.

How prepared are you at a moment's notice for any kind of emergency?

In my home and at my job, I know where to immediately go in the event of a big earthquake. Pharmacies sell simple respirators in the event that a volcanic eruption sends ash our way. I'm also on the third floor, in case there's a flood. Still not ready enough for an asteroid striking the Earth though.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
  • Cat R?lyeh wgah?nagl fhtagn.
« Reply #96 on: September 01, 2011, 06:34:12 PM »
In my home and at my job, I know where to immediately go in the event of a big earthquake. Pharmacies sell simple respirators in the event that a volcanic eruption sends ash our way. I'm also on the third floor, in case there's a flood. Still not ready enough for an asteroid striking the Earth though.
What about a zombie apocalypse, an alien invasion, or telemarketers?
Old Danmakufu stuff can be found here!

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

Tengukami

« Reply #97 on: September 01, 2011, 06:35:11 PM »
What about a zombie apocalypse, an alien invasion, or telemarketers?

I am prepared for all three of these in the same way - chainsaw-mounted flamethrower.

Mimachiro

• Master of the Swimsuit
    • Tondemonai
« Reply #98 on: September 01, 2011, 10:17:12 PM »
How old does your daughter have to be before you teach her the art of using the chainsaw-mounted flamethrower?