Author Topic: Comic Market 80 Reportage (Image Heavy)  (Read 3201 times)

Talka

• Forever Newbie
  • all your food are belong to us
    • ddiction
Comic Market 80 Reportage (Image Heavy)
« on: September 08, 2011, 07:02:55 AM »
Hello!

It’s been a while since I’ve written one of these, and I don’t think anyone remembers anyway. It’s just a belated report on C80. Ever since I started a circle, I haven’t had as much freedom to move around and see things as before, though. (This is kind of blog-ish, so I looked in the LJ area, but didn't have access. Well, I guess it is Touhou related.)

I unfortunately do not have any pictures of the Comiket line this time, but some guy took a video on day 2. Horribly instable but, you get the idea. He’s walking from the symbolic reverse pyramids, through the Yagurabashi (an overpass that leads towards the station) towards the open area in front of the station where there are more people.

This was taken at 6:30, so around 40 minutes before I arrived. Circle attendees have a circle ticket that gets you in at 7:30-9:00 (10:00 is the regular entrance time), but it’s usually open before 7:30 so we meet up at 7:00. But there’s always someone coming late so we end up at our space inside the hall at around 7:30.

Here’s Renko setting up the booth. I tried to get most of the stuff done before leaving to change, so I end up going to change (for cosplay) around 9:00. The halls get locked down on 9:30, and I take just over an hour to change and do makeup so, I was bound to get locked out. But I got stuff pretty much setup this time, so I left stuff to N-Forza and Renko and went to change.

I was planning to go straight to the Shanghai Alice line after Comiket started, but I kept forgetting my iPhone at the booth, and I end up getting there pretty late, and the line was crazy. It was really hot too, and I only had a warm bottle of green tea and a folding fan and a hat to keep cool. (Cosplay wigs really trap heat ;P) The length of one hall is 90m, so I think the line was over 630 m (2,100 ft) long and 2 persons wide. I guess it’s not that bad, considering how the corporate booths (like TYPE-MOON) get even longer at times, but pretty long.

Anyway, I got Ten Desires a few minutes before it sold out, and went to visit a few people. I met Miluda while I was wandering about.

The laptop (or tablet) is a nice idea, because the inkjet map I had printed was smeared from sweat and illegible after a while. Paper tends to get lost/ripped and all sort of  things tend to happen to it, too.

The booth, with Wriggle Renko, after everything pretty much sold out.

Galleria between the East Halls in the afternoon.

People looking at the Cosplay Area from the overpass near the end of the event.

Me, as Yuuka! ;)  (I unfortunately do not have any images of me stepping on Wriggle Renko.)

Anyway, the day after Comiket, I left Japan, and I'm currently in the middle of nowhere in Missouri, so if anyone's near by, come say hi! (I need a ride ;P)

Stuff I got at Comiket. (I left most of it in Japan :/  The copy of Ten Desires is with N-Forza Renko.)

« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 02:07:04 PM by Talka »

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
Re: Comic Market 80 Reportage (Image Heavy)
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2011, 10:26:44 AM »
You went through all that to get Ten Desires just to give it to us? If we had known, I would've at least made Renko pay for it, haha.

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2011, 04:12:34 PM »
I should have told someone to say Hi to Renko for me. It's been a while.

Looks like you guys had fun~ What's your next event?

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2011, 04:59:24 PM »
Huh, neat! How big is the cosplay area?

Talka

• Forever Newbie
  • all your food are belong to us
    • ddiction
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2011, 01:37:38 AM »
You went through all that to get Ten Desires just to give it to us? If we had known, I would've at least made Renko pay for it, haha.
I wanted it, but then, if I kept it, I'll probably never open it, so I decided to give it away.

I should have told someone to say Hi to Renko for me. It's been a while.

Looks like you guys had fun~ What's your next event?
Renko will be at Koromu 7 in Osaka on Oct 16, but I don't think anyone else from our group is going. N-Forza and Renko will be at Reitaisai SP2 this weekend. We don't have a booth, but Renko's supposed to be helping someone out.

Huh, neat! How big is the cosplay area?
There are 2 cosplay areas. The one I was at is area 1. It's located under the path between the two halls.
http://livedoor.2.blogimg.jp/closeup_nettube/imgs/2/f/2f686dc5.jpg
You don't see the pond and the fountain in the image, I think it's hidden by the stairs.
http://blogimg.goo.ne.jp/user_image/3f/e5/4435f3ac7d87b1a51a01a0a2d9805688.jpg
(When it's Empty)

The second area is located in the parking lot on the first two days, placed after the initial entrance waiting line clears. On the third day, it moves to the deck on top of the West Hall building.
http://cdn-ak.f.st-hatena.com/images/fotolife/k/kamadossc/20091229/20091229144327.jpg
Parking Lot Area
http://rastyelnard.txt-nifty.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/12/07/081207135028.jpg
(When It Really Is a Parking Lot)

http://rastyelnard.txt-nifty.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/12/07/081207134939.jpg
West Hall Deck (When It's Empty)
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 01:49:53 AM by Talka »