Author Topic: Ephemeral Entertainment HQ - EUB Steam Release August 16th 2019!!!  (Read 73873 times)

ExPorygon

• Veteran Danmakufu Scripter
  • Currently working on a full Touhou fangame!
    • Ephemeral Entertainment
(Yes Helepolis, I realize that I already have a Danmakufu project thread. However since that one is so old I thought it would be best to start a new one and use the old one only for future Kingdom of Mushrooms updates)

GREETINGS and welcome to Ephemeral Entertainment (formerly Porygon Productions), my new Danmakufu project thread. I am ExPorygon, also known as Ozzy here in RaNGE. I have been scripting for over 6 years and have produced a number of scripts, including an incomplete Touhou full fangame crossover, Kingdom of Mushrooms.

My current project is

For more detailed info on the game, check out the Games page on the Ephemeral Entertainment website: https://ephemeralentertainment.net/games/
Basically, it's a full-fledged Touhou shmup in Danmakufu Ph3 featuring 6 stages, an extra stage, and a cast consisting of only canon Touhou characters.

Screenshots

Videos
EUB Release Trailer

Downloads
EUB Demo v0.80

If you want to follow future productions involving Ephemeral Unnatural Balance, you can follow me on Tumblr and Twitter and check out the Official Ephemeral Entertainment Website.

Please refer to the official site for instructions on how to play. I highly encourage everyone who plays or simply watches the game to leave their feedback in this thread, or somewhere else I can see it. As of August 16th, 2019, Ephemeral Unnatural Balance's full game is available on Steam.

Regarding Kingdom of Mushrooms
Many of you have probably realized that the project is not being updated. While I have no intention of abandoning KoM, I am not actively working on it at this time. I want to eventually finish it, even if I have to port it to ph3.

Other Scripts
RaNGE #10 Contest Entry
RaNGE Artifact Contest Entry (The Plundered Pagoda)
Check HERE for a more complete list.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2019, 08:18:57 AM by ExPorygon »

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
Re: Porygon Productions HQ
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2013, 06:48:37 AM »
A lovely news post to read in the morning when waking up. Always is a pleasure to see full games being produced. Curious about some play throughs once released.

(It is not dramatic to open new threads if the old one is really oldish old. just don't bump it up.

Kaze_Senshi

• Ehhhhh...
  • Pale Apple
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2013, 09:56:26 PM »
I don't know why but I think that the GUI background should look better if you make that purple a bit darker.
My youtube channel with my creations: https://www.youtube.com/user/KazeSenshi2929
( ゆっくりしていってね)>

ExPorygon

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2013, 11:32:42 PM »
Hmm, I'll give that a try I guess. Thanks for the suggestion.

ExPorygon

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2014, 06:30:48 PM »
Alright, just bumping my thread to announce that Porygon Productions livestreams will be happening every Saturday at 3PM EST for approximately 2 hours, give or take. I will be streaming the creation process of my Danmakufu projects, chiefly Ephemeral Unnatural Balance. The stream is mainly meant as a motivator for me to keep working on it as well as a great way to get feedback on the game in real time and generate excitement for the project. I'll also mix it up and play some games in between scripting.

I hope to see some of you next Saturday: http://www.twitch.tv/exporygon

As an example, here's what I accomplished last Saturday:

Production Progress:
Created Stage 2 boss Nonspell 1
Created Stage 2 boss Spell 1
Fixed animation bugs

Non-Production Activities:
Danmakufu scripts
Subterranean Animism
Perfect Cherry Blossom

Kaze_Senshi

• Ehhhhh...
  • Pale Apple
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2014, 08:16:44 PM »
Alright, just bumping my thread to announce that Porygon Productions livestreams will be happening every Saturday at 3PM EST for approximately 2 hours, give or take. I will be streaming the creation process of my Danmakufu projects, chiefly Ephemeral Unnatural Balance. The stream is mainly meant as a motivator for me to keep working on it as well as a great way to get feedback on the game in real time and generate excitement for the project. I'll also mix it up and play some games in between scripting.

I hope to see some of you next Saturday: http://www.twitch.tv/exporygon

As an example, here's what I accomplished last Saturday:

Production Progress:
Created Stage 2 boss Nonspell 1
Created Stage 2 boss Spell 1
Fixed animation bugs

Danmakufu scripts
Subterranean Animism
Perfect Cherry Blossom

I had seen a bunch of guys interested in learning how to use or to know what is the Danmakufuu, can I divulgate your twitch link there?
My youtube channel with my creations: https://www.youtube.com/user/KazeSenshi2929
( ゆっくりしていってね)>

ExPorygon

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2014, 08:54:17 PM »
I had seen a bunch of guys interested in learning how to use or to know what is the Danmakufuu, can I divulgate your twitch link there?
You bet! My code might look a little imposing cause I have a lot of function libraries that I made myself. However, the basic logic of coding patterns is what I'm mostly doing anyway. I'll try to explain what I'm doing when I make the patterns.

Moogs Parfait

• SPRING
  • Plz Send Naps
    • Danmaku!! Official Site
Re: Porygon Productions HQ (Livestreaming every Saturday!)
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2014, 12:22:47 AM »
I don't know any of the technical details behind Danmakufu, but I watched your old Patchy video and your spell cards look great!  I totally had flashbacks to Megaman 2 with the Sawblades of Dismemberment.

PhantomSong

• The Ghost Living through Everyday Life.
  • Eh, it doesn't matter.
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2014, 11:24:06 PM »
hehe, maybe if I'm on this Saturday I'll have a certain script for you ready~

ExPorygon

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2014, 06:14:22 PM »
I totally forgot that I already made plans for this afternoon so Porygon Productions Live Stream will be postponed until tomorrow at 3 PM EST

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Edit: The stream may not start precisely on time, I'll make a new post here and on Tumblr when it does start. (I wonder if I should get a Twitter for this stuff)
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 07:05:04 PM by ExPorygon »

ExPorygon

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2014, 09:57:53 PM »
LIVE STREAM STARTS NOW!!

ExPorygon

« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2014, 08:00:09 PM »
And after a hiatus due to Anime Boston and school, Porygon Productions weekly streams have now resumed. In fact, one's going on RIGHT NOW

Stream has concluded, though I got lots of things accomplished:

Production Progress:
Difficulty levels for Stage 1 midboss
Difficulty levels for most of Stage 1 boss

Played an atrocious and hilarious Danmakufu script that had the audacity to rip off numerous other Danmakufu scripts, including Luminous Dream.
Can still be viewed on my stream archive here (skip to around 3:07:00). Edited version coming soon to youtube.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 12:45:20 AM by ExPorygon »

ExPorygon

Re: Porygon Productions HQ (Livestreaming every Saturday!) *STREAM ON*
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2014, 07:29:26 PM »
Porygon Productions is live right now thanks to an unexpected rescheduling from yesterday's normal time

Come on and join in: www.twitch.tv/exporygon

ExPorygon

Re: Porygon Productions HQ (Livestreaming every Saturday!) *STREAM OFF*
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2014, 04:13:04 PM »
A special afternoon long edition of Porygon Productions is starting right now:

www.twitch.tv/exporygon

It'll be going for most of this afternoon so I'll notify this thread when it's done.

ExPorygon

« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2014, 11:15:43 PM »
Ephemeral Unnatural Balance's first release is HERE!!

Link:
http://www.bulletforge.org/u/ozzy/p/ephemeral-unnatural-balance/v/010
There's only one stage but this will hopefully give you a taste of what's to come.

Also, Porygon Productions live stream will be happening tonight at 8PM EST.

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
  • Git ready, git set, PUUSH!
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2014, 07:26:18 PM »
EUB v0.10 BUG AND ISSUE LIST

-SYSTEM-PACKAGE: When returning from Replay Select Scene to Main Menu, the sound effect is cut off.
-SYSTEM-PACKAGE: Difficulty Select issue - When scrolling more than one difficulty at any given time, the entire thing spazzes. More specifically, the animation for the next difficulty transition runs and the transition as a whole is not smooth.
-GAME-STAGE: Upon starting Stage 1, there is an immediate drop to about 30 FPS and then a rise back to a stable FPS.
-GAME-PLAYER: Bomb text is very hard to read on the effects spawned by Rin.
-GAME-STAGE: Some post-Midboss fairies spawn blue bullets that are very hard to see.
-GAME-STAGE: Easy Mode Bossattacks are... much harder than Easy Mode. Notably, Tojiko's yellow light wave spell and Futo's mid boss spell. Tojiko's non spells are also a little difficult for Stage 1 Easy Mode. I say this because I'm still technically an Easy Mode player and this required an unusually large amount of concentration for Easy Mode Stage 1. It's harder than DEC Stage 1 for sure. Tojiko's last normal spell is fine.

I will try to clear a higher difficulty and make a video, and I will also update this list if I see anything else that may require fixes.

EDITS:
-Played Hard Difficulty, almost exactly the same as Easy in terms of spells. Maybe I read incorrectly or something, because the bosses, for all practical purposes, are the same regardless of difficulty. Maybe it's a problem on my side.
EDIT: I read the code. There is only one playable difficulty set for the demo bosses, and it defaults to Hard. The difficulty selection menu seems to have absolutely no effect on the stage, which uses a different difficulty common data. Maybe there's a file I forgot to read or something.
EDIT: I recorded it, but... the replay apparently played both the stage bgm and the package bgm at the same time. I have no clue what happened. Also, Tojiko's ADD Laser=>Bullet attack dropped a bit in FPS, although that's just my recorder consuming excessive RAM.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 12:14:45 AM by Sparen »

PhantomSong

• Eh, it doesn't matter.
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2014, 08:34:16 PM »
EUB v0.10 BUG AND ISSUE LIST

-SYSTEM-PACKAGE: Difficulty Select issue - When scrolling more than one difficulty at any given time, the entire thing spazzes. More specifically, the animation for the next difficulty transition runs and the transition as a whole is not smooth.
-GAME-STAGE: Upon starting Stage 1, there is an immediate drop to about 30 FPS and then a rise back to a stable FPS.
-GAME-STAGE: Easy Mode Bossattacks are... much harder than Easy Mode. Notably, Tojiko's yellow light wave spell and Futo's mid boss spell. Tojiko's non spells are also a little difficult for Stage 1 Easy Mode. I say this because I'm still technically an Easy Mode player and this required an unusually large amount of concentration for Easy Mode Stage 1. It's harder than DEC Stage 1 for sure. Tojiko's last normal spell is fine.

I will try to clear a higher difficulty and make a video, and I will also update this list if I see anything else that may require fixes.
(Replies are done is respective order):
-Really? Works/looks fine for me
-No...? There's lag when the games loading, like when you start from player screen, and retrying, but that's the only time. I don't think there's much he can do about that, though, but does it affect gameplay? Probably not.
-Text is fine the way it is...
-Difficulty is just fine.

Most these issues just sound like computer issues.

ExPorygon

« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2014, 06:20:47 PM »
-SYSTEM-PACKAGE: When returning from Replay Select Scene to Main Menu, the sound effect is cut off.
Noted.
You'd be surprised how difficult it is to get that to be smooth. It really is a minor issue so MAYBE I'll fix it eventually. If it really bugs you then I suppose I could just disable holding down the button to scroll.
This is because the game has just finished loading a large number of images and sounds. It's inevitably going to happen. The lowered fps you see displayed is merely a remnant from that.
I can read it just fine, but noted nonetheless.
-GAME-STAGE: Some post-Midboss fairies spawn blue bullets that are very hard to see.
This is something that I am currently aware of. The reason it has not been changed is because the current background for stage 1 is actually a placeholder. I'm waiting on the final background to make sure all the bullets properly display over the background.
v0.11 has fixed this issue. The difficulty of bosses was being locked to Hard due to a careless error on my part. Thank you for bringing it to my attention.
I recorded it, but... the replay apparently played both the stage bgm and the package bgm at the same time. I have no clue what happened.
I'll look into it. If I manage to fix it then I MAY release another bugfix update.

As I stated before, v0.11 of Ephemeral Unnatural Balance has just been released, fixing the aforementioned difficulty issue and a bug with the dialogue. Unless more major bugs come to my attention, there will likely be no further updates until the 3 stage demo is ready (please read the changelog for a list of known bugs). As always, tune in to my Porygon Productions live stream to see the progress on that. Feel free to leave any further feedback for the game here.

ExPorygon

« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2014, 04:05:58 AM »
Hello yello, as you may have noticed livstreaming production has been in hiatus for a while. However, I managed to squeeze out a beta build of stage 2. If you don't mind some mild spoilers and wouldnt prefer to wait until the 3-stage demo, then you can watch it right here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=famhC5tibU4

Please turn on annotations when watching and tell me what you think!
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 04:08:07 AM by ExPorygon »

ExPorygon

« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2015, 04:27:13 AM »
So I was convinced that I should do Devlogs more often and put my blog and this thread to better use. So here you go, a massive post outlining all the progress on EUB and my plans for its future. I'll hopefully be putting up a new Devlog entry each day I actually make progress. Enjoy, and leave a post here or send an ask to my blog if you have any questions or comments.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2015, 08:26:13 AM »
Glad to see more people picking back up their games after so long being procrastinating. I see that you're also in the same boat currently, steaming towards a full product and struggling with the replacement of ZUN's data. Though based on your blog I can already conclude you've taken away a lot of the issues. Your artist, now I remember on Danbooru also several Art. Looking good, though not sure what the average theme/feeling is of your game.

Speaking of the sounds. I've noticed that ZUN didn't use Cubase for his SFX but if you actually open the files in Audacity you'll notice metadata being put from SoundForge.

How is it btw with your bullet replacement?

« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2015, 07:14:27 PM »
Sound Forge is like Audacity, it's mostly for handling existing audio files. You use it for batch sample rate and bit depth conversion, surgical editing and mastering. Cubase is what you use for actual creation and mixing of sounds.

ExPorygon

« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2015, 04:11:08 AM »
How is it btw with your bullet replacement?
I intend to compile one out of other people's shotsheets (if I get permission) combined with my own shots.  I haven't actually begun doing this yet though, though it's something I should probably start early on.

Sound Forge is like Audacity, it's mostly for handling existing audio files. You use it for batch sample rate and bit depth conversion, surgical editing and mastering. Cubase is what you use for actual creation and mixing of sounds.
You're right about that, but I was also under the impression SoundForge came with a number of preset sounds to work with. I can't remember who precisely said it first, but a prevailing theory among some people I know is that ZUN got at least a few of his sound effects by manipulating some of those preset sounds. I believe someone noticed that one of his laser sounds was being VERY close to a SoundForge preset. I'm not 100% sure though, and don't have the ability to corroborate these claims as SoundForge is not something easily acquired.

That said, I really wish I knew what ZUN used in Cubase to make some of his sounds, if that is indeed how he did some of them.

Sixten

• Legendary Creature - Frog
  • 6/10
    • House of Sixten
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2015, 04:07:58 AM »
Hello, this is Sixten, the illustrator for Ephemeral Unnatural Balance.

Although ExPorygon hasn't posted in this thread for a while, I have been watching his stream and I assure you he is still working on his game.

Here are the low-resolution versions of the character illustrations for the first three stages of the game.

Playable Characters
Rin Satsuki
Kasen Ibaraki
Tokiko

Bosses
Mononobe-no-Futo
Soga-no-Tojiko
Minoriko Aki
Shizuha Aki
Aya Shameimaru
Momiji Inubashiri

PhantomSong

• Eh, it doesn't matter.
« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2015, 06:11:48 AM »
Hello, this is Sixten, the illustrator for Ephemeral Unnatural Balance.

Although ExPorygon hasn't posted in this thread for a while, I have been watching his stream and I assure you he is still working on his game.

Here are the low-resolution versions of the character illustrations for the first three stages of the game.

Playable Characters
Rin Satsuki
Kasen Ibaraki
Tokiko

Bosses
Mononobe-no-Futo
Soga-no-Tojiko
Minoriko Aki
Shizuha Aki
Aya Shameimaru
Momiji Inubashiri

Oh my god, these are amazing. I love the cartoon-ish look and not Loli-like art. V:

However, Kasen has no arm under her bandage, you may want to fix that.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 06:17:59 AM by PhantomSong »

Shadow

• Forever waiting for tomorrow
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2015, 07:03:16 AM »
I concur; the style is really good. Futo looks unexpectedly cute and similarly, Momiji looks really fierce and badass :V

I'll of course be awaiting further updates to this game.

Python

• Plains of Chi-u have no end.
  • They are boundless and last forever.
« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2015, 09:07:29 AM »
Indeed, the art style is really good. Some of the character's expressions look a bit funky, but apart from that, it looks amazing.

Although I'm a bit disappointed by Tojiko having legs instead of her spirit tails.
Have a look at my truly scrumptious scripts!.

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
  • Git ready, git set, PUUSH!
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2015, 02:42:57 PM »
Oh my god Momiji looks absolutely amazing. ^_^

Savory

• I am a save frog
  • *wink*
« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2015, 03:27:28 AM »
Sixten's art is very adorable as always, but there's a bit of a discrepancy regarding the boss characters in accordance to the plot.

So the synopsis (according to what Sixten presents on his site) is:

The balance of power in Gensokyo has suddenly turned upside down. Servants have become masters, and the apocryphal Rin Satsuki has become the resolver of incidents. Who is behind all this? The answer will surprise you.

Servants have become masters. This bit creates the conundrum, as the only master/servant pair in the boss roster are Futo and Tojiko. Shizuha and Minoriko are sisters. And Aya isn't anyone's boss. She and Momiji are tengu of differing species. I hope I'm not being too nitpicky with this, but it's just something I couldn't help but notice.

PhantomSong

• Eh, it doesn't matter.
« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2015, 05:53:16 AM »

The balance of power in Gensokyo has suddenly turned upside down. Servants have become masters, and the apocryphal Rin Satsuki has become the resolver of incidents. Who is behind all this? The answer will surprise you.

I bolded the part you should be focusing on. The master servant is an example.