Author Topic: [Minecraft] MotK Minecraft Server - Server closed  (Read 291061 times)

Re: [Minecraft] MotK Minecraft Server - Adventure World!
« Reply #630 on: December 07, 2012, 10:01:50 PM »
Excellent. I shall conduct my own SCIENCE when I return from work tonight.

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #631 on: December 08, 2012, 02:15:28 AM »
Looks like everything is ready to go! We are now running server version 1.4.5.

Notes:
- Everyone can now /fly in Main World and Flat World! Flying is automatically turned off whenever you go to another world.
- PearlXP is broken again, same bug as before. It's been disabled and will be re-enabled when it's confirmed to be working normally, so hang onto your pearls. (So glad I checked)
- We're running a new plugin called NoWither. You can only summon the Wither in Adventure World (or the Nether or the End, if you're feeling gutsy); if you try to build it in Main World or Flat World, it harmlessly blows up and visually glitches out a bit; just quit and rejoin to see the items properly and reclaim them if you build one for some reason. Please don't build the Wither anywhere near Gap Shrines or Nether Portals, as any place you fight it in is going to get fucking obliterated.

As promised, we have a new adventure world!

Hmm, what's this? A bit hilly, but looks pretty normal, except for...oh my! Looks like there are a bunch of hovering glass orbs filled with lava all over the place. Looks like ol' Stuffman went easy on you and provided a friendly light source for you! Of course, if some hooligan decided to run around breaking them, it'd become a scorching hellhole in no time flat. But I'm sure nobody here would do something like that, right? :]

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
« Reply #632 on: December 08, 2012, 03:38:53 AM »
- Everyone can now /fly in Main World and Flat World! Flying is automatically turned off whenever you go to another world.
Whoooo-

- PearlXP is broken again, same bug as before. It's been disabled and will be re-enabled when it's confirmed to be working normally, so hang onto your pearls. (So glad I checked)
I'm glad ya checked too. :V

- We're running a new plugin called NoWither. You can only summon the Wither in Adventure World (or the Nether or the End, if you're feeling gutsy)....
Ah, nicely done. That addresses the major concern we players had.

Oh this is unexpected. :V

inb4 some player turns all the orbs to obsidian >:D

EDIT: Cadmas got in potatoes and carrots at the spawn farm so if you want those, feel free to grab some there.

Also it seems that the world border in Adv World is a bit oddly shaped - the northeast edge seems to be X 1518, Z-670. Guess we're experimenting with non-square map shapes or something? :V
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 07:20:25 AM by Max⁇ Hyperkinetic Lagomorph »
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

Re: [Minecraft] MotK Minecraft Server - Running 1.4.5
« Reply #633 on: December 08, 2012, 09:46:43 AM »
Welp. Now there's no need for me to build that shrine at Spawn like I had been planning. I'm both relieved and disappointed, really. :V Having /fly accessible in this fashion does make more sense, as well as it is easier on the players.

Also it seems that the world border in Adv World is a bit oddly shaped - the northeast edge seems to be X 1518, Z-670. Guess we're experimenting with non-square map shapes or something? :V
I believe that the border is still a square, but the center point in which the border is based off of is not at 0,0. Same reason why our Main Spawnpoint is not at 0,0.

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #634 on: December 08, 2012, 01:53:17 PM »
Correct. 0,0 is in the water, so I moved the Gap Shrine and set the border there.

puremrz

• Can't stop playing Minecraft!
« Reply #635 on: December 08, 2012, 10:36:27 PM »
Wither 1 - MotK 0
 :V
Full Danmakufu game "Juuni Jumon - Summer Interlude" is done!
By the same person who made Koishi Hell 1,2 (except this game is serious)
Topic: http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,9647.0.html

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #636 on: December 08, 2012, 11:27:09 PM »
That was a hell of a lot of fun. :V

Recorded the footage of this first attempt and will upload later.

But for now have a screenshot:
[attach=1]
Bad command or file name

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
« Reply #637 on: December 09, 2012, 01:39:39 AM »
The sand duper is now not operable. The mechanism works in vanilla minecraft, but bukkit has further fixed it and it's now impossible to duplicate sand with any known mechanism at this time. Sand duper will remain down until further notice, so get your sand fix in the adventure world. :V
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>

Amraphenson

• The problem is, you're a friend that likes to talk!
  • ...well, I am too!
« Reply #638 on: December 09, 2012, 02:13:18 AM »
The lava orbs just make the entire adventure world so surreal.
Sugoiiii~
[23:02] <~Iced> You have sown the seeds of your own destruction Amra.
[23:20] <Stuffman> enjoy your personally crafted hell Amra

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #639 on: December 09, 2012, 02:37:41 AM »
Looks like everything is ready to go! We are now running server version 1.4.5.

:teaspit:

Quote from: Stuffman

Quote from: Stuffman

Hmm, what's this? A bit hilly, but looks pretty normal, except for...oh my! Looks like there are a bunch of hovering glass orbs filled with lava all over the place. Looks like ol' Stuffman went easy on you and provided a friendly light source for you! Of course, if some hooligan decided to run around breaking them, it'd become a scorching hellhole in no time flat. But I'm sure nobody here would do something like that, right? :]

And to answer your question, only if it's legal

In lieu of teaspit spam for this portion of the post, YAY. I no longer have to shuffle through versions of Minecraft. :V
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 02:41:08 AM by Ace »
My profile picture is whimsy until I feel like adding something else.

Enjoy.

Agent of the BSoD

• Never forget
« Reply #640 on: December 09, 2012, 03:03:50 AM »
Not sure if you know already stuffman, but the afk manager seems to be somewhat borked. It doesn't auto-afk anyone anymore, only manual use works. Not sure if that's a new bug or it was configured wrong. (not like this is that big of a deal anyway :V)
TF2 Backpack

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #641 on: December 09, 2012, 04:07:12 AM »
That's odd. It's still turned on, so I guess it's just broken.

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #642 on: December 09, 2012, 04:46:30 AM »

Patch your Minecraft, kids...
My profile picture is whimsy until I feel like adding something else.

Enjoy.

puremrz

« Reply #643 on: December 09, 2012, 10:58:19 AM »
Wither 1 / MotK 2 / Landscape -4

That thing is overpowered.

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #644 on: December 09, 2012, 03:28:30 PM »
Oh, you guys managed to beat it? What was your strategy?

« Reply #645 on: December 09, 2012, 04:09:39 PM »
Two victories so far. The second fight was much quicker.

The fights went much better once the Wither was lured underground though a deep ravine. From what I noticed, they had a good hit & hide tactic scheme going on from various vantage points. Mostly fully charged bow shots. That way, its attention was being pulled away from the fighters that needed to recover from the Wither status and such. Once its health was down to half, it put up that anti-projectile shield. Then, Bsod (fight 1) and Puremrz (fight 2) both went ballistic with melee and it was defeated very quickly. They could better tell you what equipment and/or potions they used to finish it off.

Of course, everyone involved died. Many many many times. :V I was merely an objective observer running my own various tests during the fight. ;) The Wither got stuck in the ceiling a few times, and it created a visual glitch that made it seem like it was just hovering above the floor, but the shots would still rain down from the ceiling above. You couldn't hurt the "decoy", which sucked as it slowly regained life. Also, the shield is only active when its life is below half.. The shield deactivates if its health recovers over half, etc.

In short, reduce its mobility and use the terrain to your advantage. Try to keep it pinned as much as you can when you do the melee blitz at the end.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 04:12:54 PM by Dr.Strafe »

puremrz

« Reply #646 on: December 09, 2012, 05:19:20 PM »
I managed to lure the first With into a ravine, the battle lasted another half an hour after that, but at least we were getting somewhere.
When I went on my rampage to finish off the 2nd Wither I had Diamond Armor and a Smite 4, Fire Aspect 2 sword. No healing potions or anything else, so I barely survived. The Wither gets hurt by those potions though, so in close encounters they're pretty good.
Trying to lure the Wither out as a rodeo clown wasn't a very good strategy, the Wither regains health when you do that. I think I died over a 100 times ;V
Spawning it in a mine shaft may be one of the best plans. I need some new skulls to check that out...

Also, I think main world may be in Hard now, poison stays so long now and I nearly got killed by Endermen one time ( :o )

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
  • I suddenly feel like I ate a crowbar.
« Reply #647 on: December 09, 2012, 06:23:36 PM »
Oi, I want flying in the Nether :(
[20:45:19] Ciryano: come and behold why they call it the Panzerfaust
[20:45:39] Hakurei Reimu: ... because it shoots once and then you throw it out?
                                                                                   .

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #648 on: December 09, 2012, 07:44:13 PM »
Well, I was expecting one victory, but two? :o

You guys certainly had a blast. :V

Oi, I want flying in the Nether :(
That would make glowstone collection too easy. >:D
Bad command or file name

Agent of the BSoD

• Never forget
« Reply #649 on: December 09, 2012, 07:49:57 PM »
My tatic with the wither is, when it's health is above half, take out a bow, shoot it, retreat and charge back up. Rinse and repeat. This way, there's less of a chance that it will inflict the wither II status, and it won't be able to eat through the ceiling above you because it's busy tracking you. (it still does eat it sometimes though) After it's under half, blitz it with whatever sword you've got, and ignore that wither status, just slash it. We had it stuck in a stop where it was locked to me but couldn't reach me, so I had a lot of room to hack it while it tried to kill me. I was using a Potion of Strength (8:00) along with a Power 1 bow, which dealt considerable damage against it, and then the sword battle at the end of the first one, it lost half it's health in like 15 seconds. Potion of Regeneration would be very useful to bring along to counter the wither effect, along with a full hunger meter, and some Potion of Instant Healings too in case your health gets that low. Also, don't use any Potions of Invisibility, it sees right through it. Diamond armor with some projectile protection enchants will also be a huge help, but really only useful for the initial blast of the wither skulls, not the wither effect itself. And have a good base to retreat to if it gets too rough, somewhere you can hide for a few moments before it finds you.

Also, I never died once to any of the 3 withers. :V
TF2 Backpack

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
« Reply #650 on: December 09, 2012, 08:04:16 PM »
That would make glowstone collection too easy. >:D
Or like, bearable.
                                                                                   .

puremrz

« Reply #651 on: December 09, 2012, 09:00:01 PM »
I got lucky with Wither Skulls, so I fought another Wither. This time alone, in a non-massacre kind of way underground with 3 Iron Golems to soak up the damage for me. Took less than 30 seconds.

,,,Who wants to buy a Beacon?

« Reply #652 on: December 09, 2012, 11:03:35 PM »
Also, I think main world may be in Hard now, poison stays so long now and I nearly got killed by Endermen one time ( :o )
I took a look at the server files and it didn't look like the difficulty was changed or anything. I went ahead and did a quick restart on the server just to be safe.

The main world has been on Normal for a few months now, so you can still get poisoned.

« Reply #653 on: December 10, 2012, 10:58:55 AM »
What time is it? IT'S DOUBLE POST TIME!

Good to have some of the old regulars (and our new players, of course) back on the server now that we're on 1.4. And with that, we're back to our usual random hilarity and various goofing off like in the days of old...

..but that doesn't come without bugs and/or random crashes. It seems like there is some conflict going on behind the scenes that is causing some seemingly random disconnects and even refusal of connections. Well, if it happens to you, you will instantly get "End of Stream" once you connect to the server. The first time I noticed this was when Bsod, Exuro, Shady, and I were in Flatworld and I had erased Kinzo's tower (after saving it, of course). We were all instantly kicked and the server wouldn't let any of us back in. One quick server reset later, and we're back in business. The second occurrence only happened to me. A SkeleSteve shot me in AdventureWorld and it completely crashed my game back to the desktop. Again, my connection was refused (and MC kept crashing on me) until I had to reset the server.

So it seems that we have a small wrinkle in the stability of our current Bukkit setup. While poking around in the server log, I got a message "TerrainControl: player joined without TerrainControl", which was odd since none of the crashes had anything to do with that plugin at the time. Further sleuthing showed me that that message pops up every time a player switches worlds, so that rules TC out as being the culprit. No other leads other than us running a "test" version of Bukkit. I'm sure this will be fixed once they release their Recommended Build.

So, if you get stuck in this random connect/disconnect loop, don't fret. Please PM us or post on this thread so that Stuffman or myself can reset the server and you can join again. We'll take care of it as quickly as we can..

And for the record, here's a picture of a SkeleSteve:
[attach=1]
The new mob masks are fun :V

EDIT(s): Shrunk down the picture.. Further Edits prove that Strafe fails at forum code.. :V
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 11:08:48 AM by Dr.Strafe »

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #654 on: December 10, 2012, 11:16:25 AM »
What time is it? IT'S DOUBLE POST TIME!
A necessity for server administrative announcements, ne ~

The new mob masks are fun :V
If only they actually dropped. :V (minus the wither skele heads)
Bad command or file name

« Reply #655 on: December 10, 2012, 11:26:22 AM »
If only they actually dropped. :V (minus the wither skele heads)
Perhaps in the future, they'll be a rare drop. If not, I'm making recipes. :V

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #656 on: December 10, 2012, 11:30:04 AM »
Ooh, that sounds interesting.

Would also be neat for plugins to grant player heads when they are killed in PVP. :D

On an unrelated note, to whoever put Skyblock in Flat world, that's bloody brilliant. :getdown: Had to fix it up though, replacing the water bucket with a cube of ice.

EDIT: Issue spotted.

Seems Flatworld's spawn zone protection has extended to include the current obsidian generator there. How peculiar - now we can't use it. Interestingly, we can also place but not remove blocks there.

The protected area is marked by redstone torches.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 11:45:49 AM by Max⁇ Hyperkinetic Lagomorph »
Bad command or file name

puremrz

« Reply #657 on: December 10, 2012, 02:47:31 PM »
On an unrelated note, to whoever put Skyblock in Flat world, that's bloody brilliant. :getdown: Had to fix it up though, replacing the water bucket with a cube of ice.

Guilty :V
I think I made that before you could Silk Touch ice, hence the bucket.

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
« Reply #658 on: December 10, 2012, 04:04:57 PM »
Flying in the nether :(
                                                                                   .

« Reply #659 on: December 10, 2012, 04:59:17 PM »
Seems Flatworld's spawn zone protection has extended to include the current obsidian generator there. How peculiar - now we can't use it. Interestingly, we can also place but not remove blocks there.

The protected area is marked by redstone torches.
Alright. I'll slide the generator over the next time I log on.