Author Topic: [Minecraft] MotK Minecraft Server - Server closed  (Read 291023 times)

Re: [Minecraft] MotK Minecraft Server - Adventure World!
« Reply #330 on: August 27, 2012, 07:17:11 AM »
if i were to obtain the schematic file for Alcubra and can find a nice large desert, would you mind importing it? the owner of another server i play on is a weed junky (literally, not being rude or making fun). he has dumbed up his server massively. so, just curious :3
I'd hate to say "no" outright, mainly because I'd prefer that people build the stuff on our server instead of imports from others' etc. The reason is that someone might cheat to obtain rare items and such, and that would be brought in with little fuss or oversight. Just a personal gripe.

Regarding Alcubra... I only saw this area once, but I distinctly remember it being a vast city. Therein lies the problem of importing. My last schematic session had me split up the large structures into multiple parts: some even and some irregular, and piece them together in a specific fashion. This took several hours of planning and testing, and the actual import took a few hours itself. (Hakutown especially)

Long story short, sorry, but I'm going to have to turn down this request. There's still plenty of space out there to reserve, so building a new empire would be the easiest task. Nothing personal, it's just my two cents. Now, you could take a cue from what some other players have done: import the schematic into an offline world and use it as a blueprint to build the new Alcubra in our server. Exuro, BSoD, and Cykyrios have all done so with some of their projects..

Ace the Fighter

• fighting master
« Reply #331 on: August 27, 2012, 07:24:15 AM »
i understand. besides, now that i think about it.... i think i had like, 2 double chests of enderpearls, a double chest of diamond blocks and fully enchanted diamond armor XD  well anyways, thank you for at least considering it.

Edit: you should all read the book i wrote known as "The Round World" it is in front of the nether portal at spawn.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 08:19:01 AM by Ace the Fighter »

« Reply #332 on: August 27, 2012, 09:07:12 AM »
A quick trip through Adventure World made me realize how much I missed PTM. Nice job on the setup. There's only one thing we need to fix, and we'll talk about that soon.

A regular refresh of worlds means that MY EVIL PLANS WILL COME TO FRUITION ONE DAY >:D

EDIT- Mission accomplished. Turns out that all of our worlds had the difficulty set to Easy Modo. That just won't do. No sir. All of the worlds (except Flatworld) have been increased to Normal difficulty, and Adventure World is on Hard mode. That should help spice things up.

Oh, and Cave Spiders properly poison you now. Enjoy~ :V
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 09:34:32 AM by Dr.Strafe »

fondue

• excuse me
Re: [Minecraft] MotK Minecraft Server - Running 1.3.1
« Reply #333 on: August 27, 2012, 09:37:01 AM »
stuffy-stuff
ilu im going to mine all the ores before anyone else >:D

e:
[attach=1]
u fucking jelly?

e2: FUCK MY FUCK I DUG INTO LAVA
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 10:10:52 AM by fonduemaster »

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
« Reply #334 on: August 27, 2012, 02:00:41 PM »
Turns out that all of our worlds had the difficulty set to Easy Modo. That just won't do. No sir. All of the worlds (except Flatworld) have been increased to Normal difficulty, and Adventure World is on Hard mode. That should help spice things up.
Whaaa ~ ? No wonder entire mob team were BABIES!

Oh, and Cave Spiders properly poison you now. Enjoy~ :V
Took long enough (insert Exuro rage here) :V
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

« Reply #335 on: August 27, 2012, 03:15:46 PM »
Yeah, upping the difficulty already bit me in the ass. Lightning hit my herd of cats, killing four out of six of them. Ah well. :V

« Reply #336 on: August 27, 2012, 04:05:31 PM »
EDIT- Mission accomplished. Turns out that all of our worlds had the difficulty set to Easy Modo. That just won't do. No sir. All of the worlds (except Flatworld) have been increased to Normal difficulty, and Adventure World is on Hard mode. That should help spice things up.
Wait, Easy? With how frequently mobs were spawning in a few places I found that incredibly hard to believe. I imaging spelunking's going to be even more harrowing, although if it means more potential XP and drop rewards I'll accept the risk.

puremrz

• Can't stop playing Minecraft!
« Reply #337 on: August 27, 2012, 05:15:27 PM »
As I was randomly chenneling Adventure World, I wondered if there were Strongholds. A few minutes later I actually ran into one, purely coincidental.
So if you see a ravaged Stronghold in AW, that's just me collecting materials for my Etrian Odyssey labyrinth.
(I'll block off the portal in that stronghold, because it will probably give problems.)

Edit: If anyone wonders where the library is. I made them switch to e-books.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 05:28:41 PM by puremrz »
Full Danmakufu game "Juuni Jumon - Summer Interlude" is done!
By the same person who made Koishi Hell 1,2 (except this game is serious)
Topic: http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,9647.0.html

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #338 on: August 27, 2012, 09:19:50 PM »
Wait, Easy? With how frequently mobs were spawning in a few places I found that incredibly hard to believe. I imaging spelunking's going to be even more harrowing, although if it means more potential XP and drop rewards I'll accept the risk.

Difficulty doesn't affect spawn rate. On Easy, the following things are changed:
- Everything does less damage
- Creeper explosions are easier to cancel
- Cave spiders can't poison you
- Higher health cap while starving

That's all been changed now. Furthermore, Adventure World being on Hard adds the following challenges:
- Everything does more damage
- Very hard to stop Creepers from blowing up
- You can die from starvation
- Zombies can destroy wooden doors

There is an upshot to Hard Mode though; under the new drop system soon to be added in 1.4, mobs will equipped with more powerful loot, which they will drop when they die. You can potentially get some good stuff from this. Or get killed by it. :V

As I was randomly chenneling Adventure World, I wondered if there were Strongholds. A few minutes later I actually ran into one, purely coincidental.
Oh good, I was wondering if TerrainControl would be able to produce those. Let me know if you guys find any pyramids or jungle temples, I'm curious if it can spawn those as well.

AnonymousPondScum

« Reply #339 on: August 27, 2012, 09:53:32 PM »
Is it possible anymore to make floating island chain worlds anymore like in the most ancient versions of Minecraft?

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #340 on: August 27, 2012, 10:29:13 PM »
Yes. As a matter of fact I think TerrainControl even has a special biome for that built-in.

AnonymousPondScum

« Reply #341 on: August 27, 2012, 11:07:06 PM »
Awesome. :] If you could set that to one of the randomly-generated world types for Adventure World I'd love you forever, as I haven't been on a floating island map since aforementioned early days.

« Reply #342 on: August 28, 2012, 12:03:39 AM »
Don't think ill be finding any temples. Just a soup bowl this time around

« Reply #343 on: August 28, 2012, 01:17:39 AM »
I doubt that we'll be able to find any Temples or Pyramids on this world. There simply is too much ocean. The biome structure reads either Ocean or Mushroom Biome.. Also, the terrain doesn't seem to generate above Y128, but I'm sure that can be tweaked. I'll try my hand at generating one of the future worlds sometime later >:D

So, I dub this initial Adventure World as "Water World" :V

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
  • I suddenly feel like I ate a crowbar.
« Reply #344 on: August 28, 2012, 01:19:22 AM »
Question: Will the adventure world be usable for resource gathering?

As in, if I want a metric fuckton of sand, can I grab from there since the world is temporary, instead of ruining a beach in the main world?
[20:45:19] Ciryano: come and behold why they call it the Panzerfaust
[20:45:39] Hakurei Reimu: ... because it shoots once and then you throw it out?
                                                                                   .

« Reply #345 on: August 28, 2012, 01:22:07 AM »
Question: Will the adventure world be usable for resource gathering?

As in, if I want a metric fuckton of sand, can I grab from there since the world is temporary, instead of ruining a beach in the main world?
That's precisely the idea, yep. A world that regularly updates with the new goodies from future Minecraft updates. Resources are increased dramatically, but the game difficulty is increased too. Do what you will there :D

Although there isn't much sand in this iteration of Adventure World. If you need a lot of sand fast there's always the dreaded sand duper in Flatworld
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 01:24:14 AM by Dr.Strafe »

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
  • I suddenly feel like I ate a crowbar.
« Reply #346 on: August 28, 2012, 01:24:58 AM »
That is very interesting. Very interesting indeed.
[20:45:19] Ciryano: come and behold why they call it the Panzerfaust
[20:45:39] Hakurei Reimu: ... because it shoots once and then you throw it out?
                                                                                   .

Doll.S CUBE

• I Have A New Obssession
  • ♥Puppy Love♥
« Reply #347 on: August 28, 2012, 01:47:33 AM »
So, after some time, I decided to rejoin the MotK server.

I decided to set up my home at the jungle at corner of the bridge. The Minecraft Co-ordinates are x:637.7 y:63 z:122.5

Although if I'm not allowed to set up a home there, please let me know.

I hope to have fun playing with you all~ ^_^

Ace the Fighter

• fighting master
« Reply #348 on: August 28, 2012, 02:43:23 AM »
wait, the sand duper still works?  :o

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
« Reply #349 on: August 28, 2012, 02:45:57 AM »
wait, the sand duper still works?  :o
Of course! :V I've had to rebuild it again though. Setting it up in this version is a little bit harder though, but the design is much simpler.
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>

Ace the Fighter

• fighting master
« Reply #350 on: August 28, 2012, 05:27:59 PM »
WOO! my sculptures will continue to live on! (as soon as i think of a new idea....)

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #351 on: August 28, 2012, 06:28:35 PM »
Interesting that the adventure world border is at 1200, so I can safely assume adventure world will be 2400 x 2400?

Also found a mushroom island biome near one of the edges if anyone is interested, and no you will not get coords because that would make the game too easy. >:D
Bad command or file name

Athrel

• v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^
  • v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^
« Reply #352 on: August 28, 2012, 07:32:37 PM »
Interesting that the adventure world border is at 1200, so I can safely assume adventure world will be 2400 x 2400?

Also found a mushroom island biome near one of the edges if anyone is interested, and no you will not get coords because that would make the game too easy. >:D

Interestingly enough, I've been able to find multiple mushroom biomes there, but no deserts

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #353 on: August 28, 2012, 09:13:53 PM »
Yeah, it's 2400x2400. The warp point isn't at the center though.

The world should be able to generate all biomes, but not all of them might be in the borders.

Nicole Artist

• Eat egg
  • egg egg egg egg
    • Tumblr
« Reply #354 on: August 29, 2012, 03:59:43 PM »
Is anyone here good at getting rid of ghosts? (herobrine?) Because I seem to be being haunted.
So it all started when I was going down in my mine looking for redstone. Their were people on the server, but judging how their pictures wern't on the live-feed map, I determined they were in adventure world, so i was alone mining. Then I was hearing footsteps, no monster sounds, and no one was there. When I walked to a cave spot, I heard the sound of someone eating something, but there wasn't even a skele around, I had this mini cave lit already, and their was no one on the world map. Then, when getting some diamond, an arrow wized passed me, but when I looked, I could find no skeles. THEN when I went hope running away from the cave, a pressure place (chairs by the kitchen I'm assuming) activated its self and deactivated its self. I wasn't close to it, but I heard it. So....who's good at getting rid of ghosts? I'm pretty sure the only LOGICAL explanation for all this is I'm being mc haunted.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #355 on: August 29, 2012, 04:07:58 PM »
Herobrine's at work, I tell ya! :V

I would suspect the 1.3.x sound latency issue is at hand.
Bad command or file name

Nicole Artist

• Eat egg
  • egg egg egg egg
    • Tumblr
« Reply #356 on: August 29, 2012, 04:24:03 PM »
Herobrine's at work, I tell ya! :V

I would suspect the 1.3.x sound latency issue is at hand.
Defonately herobrine :V
I'm gonna take spardas idea from steam conversation, and bring wolves with me next time. Actually, Ill make a new mine completely, and then bring them.

« Reply #357 on: August 29, 2012, 04:34:16 PM »
Kappa Technology seems to work exceedingly well. :V
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 04:36:53 PM by Dr.Strafe »

Ace the Fighter

• fighting master
« Reply #358 on: August 29, 2012, 10:01:18 PM »
:V wow sunny. just because you are a ghost doesn't mean you need to invite more XD

fondue

• excuse me
« Reply #359 on: August 30, 2012, 09:18:06 AM »
Okai now for some reason livemap is saying someone is online but there's no-oni on the server.