Author Topic: [Minecraft] MotK Minecraft Server - Server closed  (Read 290984 times)

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
Re: [Minecraft] MotK Minecraft Server - Back online with v1.2.5!
« Reply #240 on: August 13, 2012, 04:28:08 AM »
Huh. You're right. I went ahead and fought the Dragon myself and only got around 75 levels or so. Tougher fight, less of a reward. I can dig it.

ACTUALLY

Let me just pull up arguably simple math (Arguably simple because this is that area of math that's not easy but not hard) for you.

Before the update, an enchant could take up to fifty levels and will reward you for using more with a better item. Gaining 100 levels means you could enchant EXACTLY TWO items.

After the update, an enchant takes up to thirty levels and rewards you the same exact way, just converted down. Gaining 75 levels means you could enchant up to three items if you came in with enough experience to get levels 76 through 90 as well.

In other words, it's not much and it's very vague, but it is a better reward regardless. :V I don't think it's worth the tougher fight unless you want to fight it for the sake of fighting it and in that case suit yourself, go ahead and die faster than you can say "pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis".

If this is flippant, I apologize but that little tidbit, as little as it mattered, I just felt I should address it due to my internal need to have everything as correct as I can possibly make it. :V

Esupanitix
Correcting crap that doesn't matter at all since 2011
My profile picture is whimsy until I feel like adding something else.

Enjoy.

« Reply #241 on: August 13, 2012, 06:32:05 AM »
Obviously, the reward I was referring to was the experience obtained. It matters not what people use it on after they obtained it. My point still stands :V

fondue

• excuse me
« Reply #242 on: August 13, 2012, 06:50:04 AM »
How do you even spawn the dragon

BTW change the title to 1.3.1

« Reply #243 on: August 13, 2012, 10:38:36 AM »
Stuffman and I have commands that allow us to spawn any creature in the game. We can even spawn them at player positions. So, if I dare you to do something, and you refuse... you're getting a chicken spawned at you. :V

I've also been known to remotely send creepers or angry wolves at certain players (Shady), but I haven't done that in quite a while.   :derp:
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 10:41:03 AM by Dr.Strafe »

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #244 on: August 13, 2012, 02:24:17 PM »
Huh, is it me, or are skins not working at the moment?

fondue

• excuse me
« Reply #245 on: August 13, 2012, 02:44:30 PM »
Welp, I'm trying to build a village near my home. I was making the redstone entrance until a creeper blew it up. I then committed suicide in anger but I realised I lost ALL my items.
I'm such a retard.

« Reply #246 on: August 13, 2012, 03:31:51 PM »
Huh, is it me, or are skins not working at the moment?
It's been an off and on issue since yesterday. Methinks it has something to do with Minecraft.org rather than the 1.3 update. I might be mistaken, though.

fondue

• excuse me
« Reply #247 on: August 13, 2012, 06:43:15 PM »
the server is down :<

« Reply #248 on: August 13, 2012, 07:37:36 PM »
server is being moved i think

fondue

• excuse me
« Reply #249 on: August 13, 2012, 08:20:37 PM »
NOW!?!?!
IM TRYING TO MAKE A VILLAGE
lowercaps

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #250 on: August 13, 2012, 08:31:19 PM »
dear god chill out

seriously

fondue

• excuse me
« Reply #251 on: August 13, 2012, 08:49:11 PM »
:<

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
  • I suddenly feel like I ate a crowbar.
« Reply #252 on: August 13, 2012, 08:59:14 PM »
Dear God,

Please chill out

Love,
Matsuri
[20:45:19] Ciryano: come and behold why they call it the Panzerfaust
[20:45:39] Hakurei Reimu: ... because it shoots once and then you throw it out?
                                                                                   .

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #253 on: August 13, 2012, 09:11:55 PM »
Yeah, server finally got moved. Just a minute, I'll get it going and post the new IP.

I recall some people mentioning some Essentials commands not working so I'll go over configs too. Anyone have any other oddities to report while I'm at it?

« Reply #254 on: August 13, 2012, 09:13:15 PM »
im missing 10 stacks of diamond blocks, can i get them?

fondue

• excuse me
« Reply #255 on: August 13, 2012, 09:38:30 PM »
okay fine ill chill out :V
I recall some people mentioning some Essentials commands not working so I'll go over configs too. Anyone have any other oddities to report while I'm at it?

I suicide once and my items were supposed to be left where I died but they weren't. :(
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 10:20:07 PM by fonduemaster »

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
Re: [Minecraft] MotK Minecraft Server - Running 1.3.1
« Reply #256 on: August 13, 2012, 11:20:04 PM »
There seems to be a recurring problem with items disappearing when you return to where you died. Since there's no way to track what you lost, we can't reimburse you. Sorry! As far as I know this has been going on since I first started playing Minecraft. The best solution is to not die.

===

Okay, we are back up. Updated first post.

- New IP: 216.144.246.248
- Cocoa Bean recipe removed.
- The author of PearlXP commented on the bug and quickly released a fixed version. Apparently the XP gain was due to a math mistake, and would occur regardless of how fast you clicked. Regardless, it appears to be fixed, so I have re-enabled it and it will be watched in the future. (Strafe, if you wish to challenge me on this decision I will be waiting atop Castlevania for us to do battle.)
- EndReset seems to be working now. FUCKING FINALLY. Current respawn time is two hours. Please inform me if you get twenty dragons again.

I can't find any problems with permissions. Please report if any commands are still not working.

« Reply #257 on: August 13, 2012, 11:24:45 PM »
I suicide once and my items were supposed to be left where I died but they weren't. :(
That's an odd thing that has been happening. The items are still there, but invisible to the one who died. Same situation happened yesterday where Bsod died and couldn't find his items despite the fact that everyone else could see them just fine. If anything it's a rendering issue along the lines of animals and villagers taking a minute to reappear.

The only thing that I've noticed here and there other than the "Steve Epidemic" is that sometimes a command would take its sweet time on registering. For example, you could type /home and nothing would happen for a few seconds. You'd /home again, and eventually you'd warp there twice. I hope it is just a lag issue. We'll have to see how things are once the new server is open.

(Strafe, if you wish to challenge me on this decision I will be waiting atop Castlevania for us to do battle.)
Nah, I'm cool with enabling it. I really liked that plugin, and hope that we don't have another issue like that. However, I will take you up on your BATTLE TO THE DEATH proposition.

HEAVEN OR HELL. LET'S ROCK :V
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 11:29:04 PM by Dr.Strafe »

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
« Reply #258 on: August 13, 2012, 11:31:25 PM »
Well that went faster than expected. Also good to see the bug get fixed anyhow.

Strafe, if you wish to challenge me on this decision I will be waiting atop Castlevania for us to do battle.
HEAVEN OR HELL. LET'S ROCK :V
Damnit Strafe I was about to say that :V
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #259 on: August 14, 2012, 01:57:38 AM »
Update: Unfortunately the automatic timer on EndReset often resulted in the world not loading in time when you entered the End, causing you to die by falling into the void. We've disabled it for now. So we still have to regenerate the End manually, but we can now do it without rebooting, so that convenient. My personal policy is that we'll allow each person to request one dragon a day if we're around.

« Reply #260 on: August 14, 2012, 04:37:27 AM »
Good news: We brought back the PearlXP plugin for all your experience storage needs. :toot:
Better news: I increased its capacity to store enough experience for 30 levels. 1 full Pearl = 1 maximum enchantement chance :getdown:

If this plugin (or any other) causes any kind of issue with the game, please inform either Stuffman or myself so that we can fix it. That's all we ask.

and yes, I'm aware of the scale-up in experience for higher levels making it possible to stretch out high levels across multiple pearls. I don't consider that a game-breaking exploit or anything, as the experience is still finite. One solo dragon fight would last a player for several several significant enchantments. Just something to chew on..
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 04:41:45 AM by Dr.Strafe »

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #261 on: August 14, 2012, 05:07:55 AM »
Thank you-- when I went to check out the xp storage in pearls earlier today, it only went up to level 10-- and I was all 'that's super-easy to get back-- why bother?' :P

fondue

• excuse me
« Reply #262 on: August 14, 2012, 10:25:07 AM »
I bone meal'd a tree and I got stuck inside it and I could see through a few dirt blocks O.o.

puremrz

• Can't stop playing Minecraft!
« Reply #263 on: August 14, 2012, 11:38:42 AM »
I fought the Enderdragon today. For some reason I couldn't build a bridge to the mainland straight from the platform, so it's off a bit.
Then the Enderdragon decides to throw me off. I was hoping to land in the void so I have time to warp out. But instead that bastard throws me all the way down, one block away from the void, so I die and some of my stuff falls in the void instead.  :wat:
You won this round, Enderdragon.
After respawning it took me about 5 seconds to die again ._.

But I got the bastard in the end. :3

And this is the story of how Herbie the Hermit found his way to the center of flat world:

The TNT was a backup plan.

Also:

Full Danmakufu game "Juuni Jumon - Summer Interlude" is done!
By the same person who made Koishi Hell 1,2 (except this game is serious)
Topic: http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,9647.0.html

fondue

• excuse me
« Reply #264 on: August 14, 2012, 11:57:19 AM »
what

« Reply #265 on: August 14, 2012, 02:22:21 PM »
noooooooooooooooooooo creeps are starting to spawn on the top of my tower now ;-;

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
« Reply #266 on: August 14, 2012, 04:02:16 PM »
Seeing quite a few mob spawns in places they normally don't around Hakutown (milk bar, namely). No idea what's causing it - probably a plugin issue since light levels were bright enough to keep mobs from spawning - but add some extra torches just in case.
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
  • I suddenly feel like I ate a crowbar.
« Reply #267 on: August 14, 2012, 04:17:28 PM »
But I got the bastard in the end. :3
Of course, where else
[20:45:19] Ciryano: come and behold why they call it the Panzerfaust
[20:45:39] Hakurei Reimu: ... because it shoots once and then you throw it out?
                                                                                   .

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
« Reply #268 on: August 14, 2012, 06:52:15 PM »
Seeing quite a few mob spawns in places they normally don't around Hakutown (milk bar, namely). No idea what's causing it - probably a plugin issue since light levels were bright enough to keep mobs from spawning - but add some extra torches just in case.
Yeah, and the pigs at spawn. :V Especially that one pig in the community center place at spawn. Don't know how it got up there. (unless someone dragged out those pigs)
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>

fondue

• excuse me
« Reply #269 on: August 14, 2012, 08:17:37 PM »
When i have a stick in my hand and I right click something it gives me the changes of the block...