Author Topic: [Minecraft] MotK Minecraft Server - Server closed  (Read 291038 times)

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
Re: [Minecraft] MotK Minecraft Server - Back online with v1.2.5!
« Reply #210 on: August 10, 2012, 03:45:08 PM »
You guys and your damn automated farmers and stuff :[

Whatever happened to doing all that by hand?

What if my hands hurt?
My profile picture is whimsy until I feel like adding something else.

Enjoy.

fondue

• excuse me
« Reply #211 on: August 10, 2012, 03:58:48 PM »

« Reply #212 on: August 10, 2012, 04:27:30 PM »
Welp time to gather books before the server goes down.

Athrel

• v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^
« Reply #213 on: August 10, 2012, 05:38:11 PM »
So after finishing the ground of Sky City, I started working on a fountain. The first attempt, however, turned out rather unfortunately.

[Nsfw]http://www.flickr.com/photos/73169005@N03/7753920292/in/photostream/lightbox/[/Nsfw]

fondue

• excuse me
« Reply #214 on: August 10, 2012, 05:43:10 PM »
lol

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #215 on: August 10, 2012, 09:00:28 PM »
So after finishing the ground of Sky City, I started working on a fountain. The first attempt, however, turned out rather unfortunately.

[Nsfw]http://www.flickr.com/photos/73169005@N03/7753920292/in/photostream/lightbox/[/Nsfw]

Though, what texture pack is that, out of curiosity?
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 09:02:25 PM by Diarmatsuri Lanceragi »

Athrel

« Reply #216 on: August 10, 2012, 09:04:03 PM »
E:  It's called feathersong

Link: http://www.minecrafttexturepacks.com/feathersong/
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 09:27:02 PM by Athrel »

fondue

• excuse me
« Reply #217 on: August 10, 2012, 09:09:14 PM »
them textures are UGLY

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #218 on: August 10, 2012, 10:22:42 PM »
I dig it. Downloading!

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
  • I suddenly feel like I ate a crowbar.
« Reply #219 on: August 10, 2012, 11:55:21 PM »
Cool, I can hang out today :V
[20:45:19] Ciryano: come and behold why they call it the Panzerfaust
[20:45:39] Hakurei Reimu: ... because it shoots once and then you throw it out?
                                                                                   .

« Reply #220 on: August 11, 2012, 02:06:14 AM »
What if my hands hurt?
Then you deal with it.

Without your hands, of course.

Pfffthahahahahaha  :3

« Reply #221 on: August 12, 2012, 12:32:42 AM »
Some one went and redecorated the end.

« Reply #222 on: August 12, 2012, 12:39:36 AM »
all thats missing is snow golems

« Reply #223 on: August 12, 2012, 01:09:08 AM »
Some one went and redecorated the end.
Time to fight an end dragon :getdown:

« Reply #224 on: August 12, 2012, 04:47:40 AM »
Sorry for the additional wait, everyone. The server has been updated to 1.3.1, so go ahead and update your clients now.

Everything should be working fine, so let us know if you find anything that is amiss. Soon, we will be creating a new "adventure world" that you can warp to and explore. This new world will be constantly regenerating every time we do an update that affects the biome generation code. (ie, mining for emeralds and such) We will also be putting in a few extras into that world for flavor and challenge, but we're still ironing that out. We'll let you know the specifics once it is established.

As for now, you guys can get your Emerald fix from trading with villagers.

Also, ProvisionHost (our hosting company) still hasn't done that file transfer that they said they would do a couple of days ago. This means that we will still have a brief period of downtime while they do so. Once that transfer is complete, we will post the new IP address to connect to the server. Don't worry, we're not starting over or losing our worlds. Just a new IP once they get their heads out of their asses and do their work. :V

Dinosaur

• Property of PX
  • Minecraft slut.
« Reply #225 on: August 12, 2012, 04:49:54 AM »
My Minecraft was not loading past the loading screen. Googling I found out I need to re-install the client or delete files.

Anyways, I know have Minecraft 1.3.1

Can someone on a Mac .zip their minecraft folder (library> application support> minecraft). Or is there another way?

THANK :)

YAAAAAY!!! 1.3.1
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 04:53:53 AM by Dinosaur »

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
« Reply #226 on: August 12, 2012, 05:29:16 AM »
Found an XP exploit involving Ender Pearl-based storage that allowed people to rapidly get to Lv71, and as a result of me and Alpha (and almost BSoD too) demonstrating it, Strafe shut the server down and the plugin has been disabled, much to the chagrin of some who have been storing XP in this manner.

You ask me about it, I say it's just regular old early adopter testing, meaning that since we were on so soon after update, a bunch of these silly nitpicks were bound to be there and fixed very shortly after.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 05:39:39 AM by CAVE Johnson LTD. »
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #227 on: August 12, 2012, 05:51:52 AM »
Hang onto the pearls and hopefully the plugin will be fixed soon so that we load it again and you can reclaim it. The XP is stored via a item data value that all items have (it's normally unused on the Eye of Ender), so they'll work normally once the plugin is turned on again.

As for everyone who decided to be a cheating fuck and immediately craft a bunch of level 30 equips, me and Strafe are working on your punishment now.

You ask me about it, I say it's just regular old early adopter testing, meaning that since we were on so soon after update, a bunch of these silly nitpicks were bound to be there and fixed very shortly after.
If you ask me about it, the instant you found out about the glitch you decided to craft as much crap as you could with it and pass the information on to everyone except me and Strafe. This is not a "silly nitpick", this is a game-shattering bug that you attempted to abuse to its greatest extent. I considered probating you, but we've settled for the following punishment for you and Alpha:
- You will be removed from the whitelist until your possessions have been thoroughly searched.
- Your XP will be set to 0.
- All magical equipment in your inventory and your chests will be destroyed.
- All Eyes of Ender in your inventory and your chests will be destroyed.

Everyone else who was online at the time turned up clean. Special thanks to our informant for warning Strafe about this.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 06:33:34 AM by Stuffman »

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
« Reply #228 on: August 12, 2012, 06:41:58 AM »
Quite startling, but the response is understandable for the time being. Hopefully the process goes through somewhat quickly (think about a fortnight should be more than enough).

In either case, enough debating over spilled milk and hat colour. Better for everyone to have us accept this statement, have some doughnuts/tea/whatever, and call it a day.

* EP re-reads on acting as a white hat, since he clearly didn't do a good job at that
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 07:18:21 AM by CAVE Johnson LTD. »
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

« Reply #229 on: August 12, 2012, 06:48:51 AM »
I'll let everyone know when the server is back open to the public.

Dinosaur

• Property of PX
  • Minecraft slut.
« Reply #230 on: August 12, 2012, 06:52:11 AM »
I'll let everyone know when the server is back open to the public.

I am getting an error for not being on the white-list.

Athrel

« Reply #231 on: August 12, 2012, 06:58:34 AM »
I am as well

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #232 on: August 12, 2012, 07:05:19 AM »
That's because Strafe did not let you know that the server is back open to the public :V

It's just me and him allowed on right now. We'll be finished momentarily.

Dinosaur

• Property of PX
  • Minecraft slut.
« Reply #233 on: August 12, 2012, 07:09:57 AM »
Ooops, I guess I should... you know... read posts. Sorry.
 ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

fondue

• excuse me
« Reply #234 on: August 12, 2012, 07:31:47 AM »
I CANT WAIT
I HAVE TO MINE ALL THE ORES AND ENCHANT ALL THE TOOLS AND KILL ALL THE MOBS AND BUILD ALL THE (ry

« Reply #235 on: August 12, 2012, 07:44:18 AM »
Okay. Sorry for the downtime while we sorted this out. The server is back up and everyone is back on the whitelist to play again. Hopefully, this mess is done with.

Let me start by reiterating what I posted earlier:
Everything should be working fine, so let us know if you find anything that is amiss.
Oddly enough that within the hour, players found an exploit in the Experience Orb plugin that allowed for one to get tons of levels for free. Sorry to say, that this event has led to us abolishing that plugin in the future. It's a shame, because I really liked that plugin. I already knew that there was going to be some "free experience gain" from the orbs because of how experience is handled in 1.3.1, but this exploit takes the cake. So, everyone that stockpiled experience into Pearls for this reason... sorry, but those are converted to regular Eyes of Ender. We won't be reintroducing this plugin again. The experience is lost.

Now, this exploit has really pissed me off. Not so much that it was found, but that it was being capitalized upon without any indication of letting Stuffman or myself know. "Oh, I would have eventually gotten around to telling you" is NOT FUCKING GOOD ENOUGH. Because of that mentality, and the arrogant "noble stance" that was taken by the perpetrators afterward, I had opted to punish them myself. Seriously, "regular old early adopter testing" is a poor excuse, especially when you take initiative to share knowledge of this glitch with other players instead of those who can fix it. And then to take the stance of destroying your goods to avoid "accusations of profiteering" AFTER YOU ARE CAUGHT, is just insulting.

So. Stuffman already laid out the terms of the punishment phase, but I'll just reiterate just because I want to. This only applies to the players Alpha and EP:
-Their inventories and storages wiped of anything and everything involved with the Experience Pearl plugin.
-Their experience levels have been erased.
-All enchanted items, past and present, have been destroyed.
-All Eyes of Ender have been destroyed, whether or not they had experience stored in them.

Now, you get to keep everything else, as I felt that this was more than adequate punishment for the whole situation. You guys don't lose your valuables; you don't get temporarily banned; and we don't have to do a rollback, undoing lots of other people's work over the past couple of days. If you don't like this countermeasure, or think that we have gone too far, then take it up with me. I will not tolerate this type of shit in the name of an unfair advantage over other players.

Anyway, we're back online again. Please enjoy your stay on the server and have fun.

puremrz

• Can't stop playing Minecraft!
« Reply #236 on: August 12, 2012, 08:43:18 AM »
* puremrz wakes up:
Drama!
I predicted the Ender Orbs would cause some sort of bug, good thing I missed it.

Anyway, it was I who brought christmas to the End by the way :P

Now, to start collecting emeralds in my mining village...
Full Danmakufu game "Juuni Jumon - Summer Interlude" is done!
By the same person who made Koishi Hell 1,2 (except this game is serious)
Topic: http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,9647.0.html

« Reply #237 on: August 12, 2012, 12:53:51 PM »
Well, I found an interesting glitch. Whenever you warp to another world, it seems that your experience levels disappear. They're still there, just hidden until you acquire another orb. Then it will be properly displayed again. It might be an issue with Multiverse.. who knows?

Just don't freak out if it doesn't properly display the info. You didn't lose those levels. ;)

EDIT- Oh, I forgot to mention. We've declared the Enderdragon as an "Endangered Species" for a bit. In light of 1.3's restructured experience/enchanting system, we're looking to see how easy it is to gain levels without the Dragon. You gain experience from mining high-value ore, smelting food/ore, or even buying Bottles o' Enchanting from certain villagers. Since the experience gain is greater and the cost for good enchants is lower now, we'll likely forbid future Dragon spawns for solo adventurers. We'll have to see.

I am interested in how difficult the fight is now that the Dragon can damage you after you damage it. We'll likely organize a group battle or something. We'll let you know.

And just to be clear, this has nothing to do with the experience debacle from earlier. We already had this in mind before the update, but it skipped my mind during all that mess and the work I was tackling afterward. Blame me, not them. :V
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 02:44:53 PM by Dr.Strafe »

puremrz

• Can't stop playing Minecraft!
« Reply #238 on: August 12, 2012, 08:20:30 PM »
EDIT- Oh, I forgot to mention. We've declared the Enderdragon as an "Endangered Species" for a bit. In light of 1.3's restructured experience/enchanting system, we're looking to see how easy it is to gain levels without the Dragon. You gain experience from mining high-value ore, smelting food/ore, or even buying Bottles o' Enchanting from certain villagers. Since the experience gain is greater and the cost for good enchants is lower now, we'll likely forbid future Dragon spawns for solo adventurers. We'll have to see.

I am interested in how difficult the fight is now that the Dragon can damage you after you damage it. We'll likely organize a group battle or something. We'll let you know.

I just tried it in single player and ended up level 78. So that's even less than it used to be (L100 or so)
Certainly not overdone.
Full Danmakufu game "Juuni Jumon - Summer Interlude" is done!
By the same person who made Koishi Hell 1,2 (except this game is serious)
Topic: http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,9647.0.html

« Reply #239 on: August 12, 2012, 11:23:12 PM »
I just tried it in single player and ended up level 78. So that's even less than it used to be (L100 or so)
Huh. You're right. I went ahead and fought the Dragon myself and only got around 75 levels or so. Tougher fight, less of a reward. I can dig it.

I guess I'll retract my earlier statement about the endangered dragon and all that jazz. Unless Stuffman objects to it, I'll let people request spawns again. Just don't go overboard with it. :V