Author Topic: Thanks Giving  (Read 15491 times)

triangles

• gotta stock up on dark matter
  • each pound of which weighs over 10,000 pounds
Re: Thanksgiving Dinner
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2010, 03:43:58 PM »
Actually, what I'm going to is not so much a dinner as it is a late-lunch :V

My first round is that at 1pm with the 2nd round at 5pm.
At least this year they're only taking place like 3 miles away from each other!

Tonight, it's gonna be all about the chicken teriyaki. Oh yeah!
Back in... 2005? MJP's family decided to have Thanksgiving at the best Chinese restaurant outside of Chinatown.  Peking duck and soup dumplings :*  I keep hoping every year they decide to do that again.

Thata no Guykoro

• I ran out of good lines a while ago
  • It alllll makes sense now
« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2010, 05:13:03 PM »
The best part of the thanksgiving meal will be the chocolate pic for me :V

Moerin

• What's punk? It's an explosion of suppressed dissatisfaction.
  • It's the roar of the soul!
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2010, 05:18:59 PM »
Oh right, I guess we're having, uh... Chicken and potatoes.  Yeah.  You people didn't make a movie about it with Will Smith fighting aliens, so it's not my fault if I forget about this holiday!

Ahem... But on a more serious note, seeing how it's supposed to be a day of giving thanks, I'd like to thank all of you for another wonderful year.  You're all amazing people and I love you all~  Hope y'all have a great Thanksgiving if you're in America, and a great, uh, Thursday if you're not!
The solution to all of life's problems!

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥
"For hearts long lost and full of fright, for those alone in blackest night, accept our ring and join our fight... Love Conquers All -  with violet light!"

« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2010, 05:27:46 PM »
Oh right, I guess we're having, uh... Chicken and potatoes.  Yeah.  You people didn't make a movie about it with Will Smith fighting aliens, so it's not my fault if I forget about this holiday!

Ahem... But on a more serious note, seeing how it's supposed to be a day of giving thanks, I'd like to thank all of you for another wonderful year.  You're all amazing people and I love you all~  Hope y'all have a great Thanksgiving if you're in America, and a great, uh, Thursday if you're not!

You should do something nice with your family or invite some friends over. Get some drinks and enjoy today.

« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2010, 06:52:37 PM »
From what I know, we'll be having sweet potato pie, turkey, deviled eggs, and delicious, delicious ham.

As well as a grand helping of tense awkwardness, just like the past three years. :V
All lies and all sin, all dreams and all majesty, Everything rots in this ruined hell

[The Perfect, Elegant Maid] [Pathos of the Hated People] [Music, Projects, and Art]

JT

« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2010, 09:39:54 PM »
Turkey, mashed potatoes, and uncomfortable silence.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2010, 10:01:39 PM »
Deep Fried turkey was consumed on 3 hours of sleep and a car not starting in the name of fighting off all the soviets in the rest of the world.

Hell yes.

No dirt cake, though. I was crusht. =[

Furienify

• Yeehaw!
  • Equestrian Fansubber
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2010, 10:09:42 PM »
Lumpia rolling experience +5!

Arm ache +10!

Turkey, mashed potatoes, and uncomfortable silence.

:<

We should have a MotK Thanksgiving. I know I'll be avoiding socializing with the house, even if I'm helping make the food.

Deep Fried turkey was consumed on 3 hours of sleep and a car not starting in the name of fighting off all the soviets in the rest of the world.

Hell yes.

No dirt cake, though. I was crusht. =[

You guys call it dirt cake? It's always been 'dirt pudding' to us.

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
  • Cat R?lyeh wgah?nagl fhtagn.
« Reply #38 on: November 25, 2010, 10:13:45 PM »
We should have a MotK Thanksgiving.
Where we thank TSO and the mods for the beautiful community they have lended to use? Sure, I can dig that.  :3
Old Danmakufu stuff can be found here!

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #39 on: November 25, 2010, 10:14:50 PM »
Maybe. What's Dirt Pudding?

Furienify

• Yeehaw!
  • Equestrian Fansubber
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #40 on: November 25, 2010, 10:20:10 PM »
Maybe. What's Dirt Pudding?

Layered crushed Oreos, vanilla pudding and coolwhip, sprinkled with yet more crushed oreos on the top.

... Which does sound a lot like a cake. Why am I calling it pudding? :/

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #41 on: November 25, 2010, 10:22:44 PM »
Yep, that's dirt cake alright.

Barrakketh

• You're suddenly Director of Fixing That Shit!
  • Vice President of It's Your Problem Now.
« Reply #42 on: November 25, 2010, 10:25:44 PM »
Layered crushed Oreos, vanilla pudding and coolwhip, sprinkled with yet more crushed oreos on the top.

... Which does sound a lot like a cake. Why am I calling it pudding? :/
Because it is a pudding.  Maybe if it required cake flour, leavening agents, and baking to make it rise I could understand calling it a cake, but it doesn't.

Personally, I'll forgo making dirt this year (I don't even call it a cake or a pudding - it is just "dirt") in favor of more pumpkin pies.  I like pumpkin pie even more than I like Thin Mints.
Cheating? I cannot even wrap my head around the point of it. Wouldn't you know you had cheated? How on Earth could you maintain crisp certainty of your superiority to all others? And if you're unable to do that, what's the point of anything?

« Reply #43 on: November 25, 2010, 11:51:54 PM »
What I ate: pizza.

What I tell my mom I ate when I call home: a full spread of turkey, gravy, stuffing, mashed potatoes, and misc veggies, followed by cherry pie and ice cream.  Then I say how much better her cooking is.

Then I get drunk.
eb: there should be a shmup that is sort of like podd minus the versus shit
eb: you go dodging semirandom things then it goes WARNING GET OUT OF THE WAY MOTHERFUCKER and you get a shitstorm
KB: and there is no way out of the way
eb: the way is through

lumber_of_the_beast

« Reply #44 on: November 26, 2010, 12:05:15 AM »
A cup of Maruchan instant ramen. Chicken flavor.

Was going to celebrate with family on Friday rather than Thursday this year, but the family car got rear-ended yesterday, so it looks like we won't be going. Sigh.

MayKissingDoveWyks

• I can't stop being a perv!
« Reply #45 on: November 26, 2010, 12:27:51 AM »
Finished a while ago. Wasn't that bad. I helped cook sort of.

Jana

• mrgrgr
Thanks Giving
« Reply #46 on: November 26, 2010, 12:39:45 AM »
Since a lot of us in ~*~America~*~ have already finalized our dinner plans, I'd like to open up the thread to a different kind of discussion. I don't care what country you're from, you must have people and things to give thanks for. Post about those things in here!

I have far too many people to show my gratitude for and far too little time at the moment, but I'd like to get some of the important ones out right away. I want to give thanks to Sana, Moerin, Matsuri, Trance, and Ruro for being some of my best friends, Mima-sama and Momiji for showing their hospitality to me recently, Kilga and UK for being such great company, and the rest of the IRC folks for being great people to talk to day in and day out.

And a special thanks to TSO and all the other moderators who keep things running. :)

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
Re: Thanks Giving
« Reply #47 on: November 26, 2010, 12:42:10 AM »
I'm grateful for being alive, and everything - yes, everything - that my life so far has brought me. It's made me who I am. And if I take a few seconds to look at the world around me, I see just how effin' privileged and fortunate my life is.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

MayKissingDoveWyks

• I can't stop being a perv!
« Reply #48 on: November 26, 2010, 12:50:40 AM »
I am appreciative of the fact that I am a functioning human being. That is all.

Alice★f

• That uncanny smile...
  • Kuroya Shinobu strikes again
    • TsundereWorks' Mo? Blog
« Reply #49 on: November 26, 2010, 12:51:18 AM »
I'm grateful for being alive, and everything - yes, everything - that my life so far has brought me. It's made me who I am. And if I take a few seconds to look at the world around me, I see just how effin' privileged and fortunate my life is.
I say this every year. Never get sick of it.

DeviantArtPixivTsundere WorksYoutubeNEW! Liz Triangle's S4U
日本語勉強中 | Touhou Hard Modo Gamer

« Reply #50 on: November 26, 2010, 12:58:04 AM »
I am grateful to my group members for letting me do this group project by myself during Thanksgiving because they had other plans.

The deadline is Friday too.

*SupremeBogus orz*

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #51 on: November 26, 2010, 01:21:57 AM »
I am grateful for....

.... wow, just about everything that's ever happened to me. Good or bad, it's made me into who and what I am, and for being able to have so much and live my life how I wish, I can't do much except say thank you, thank you, thank you for everything.

And that includes you guys. I'm really happy to have you good folks in my life. I'm thankful for each and every one of you. Even Donut. I hope you all have a wonderful day of giving thanks. ♥

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #52 on: November 26, 2010, 01:24:58 AM »
Thanks to my family for obvious reasons.

But an even bigger thanks to all of my friends, both IRL and here, for helping me keep control of myself.

That is all.

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Matsuri

« Reply #53 on: November 26, 2010, 01:44:12 AM »
I am thankful for everything as well.

I am grateful for the roof... well, roofs over my head, the food on my plate, the privileged life I live, and so on, because I sure as hell do not deserve any of it. I am thankful for my family and friends, and for everything they have done for me, and for making me who I am today-- my local friends and my online ones-- especially the ones who I know for sure, without a doubt love me and won't ever leave me, and can put up with me on a daily basis. Seriously, I love you all very, very much.

I am thankful to be alive, to be given this opportunity to try my best to fulfill my goals in life-- to love and be loved, to be happy and make others happy.

I have been given so much, and I've given so little in return. I don't deserve any of this. But... I'm certainly grateful for it, with all of my heart.

« Reply #54 on: November 26, 2010, 02:01:38 AM »
Finally not having to captcha every post.
eb: there should be a shmup that is sort of like podd minus the versus shit
eb: you go dodging semirandom things then it goes WARNING GET OUT OF THE WAY MOTHERFUCKER and you get a shitstorm
KB: and there is no way out of the way
eb: the way is through

« Reply #55 on: November 26, 2010, 02:14:13 AM »
To get the more negative things out of the way first...I'm thankful that I'm not totally wrapped up in all the little family feuds that I seem to have just discovered tonight. My uncle tells me it's a good thing that I'm not in the middle of that -- that's it's best to just leave things alone. I still wish there was something I could do to help out the parties involved, though...

On the positive side, I'm thankful for everyone who has shaped me to be who I am today. Though I'm not particularly strong and have trouble organizing my thoughts sometimes, I know that if I were any different, I would be living a very different life. I have my family and friends, online and off, to thank for that. <3

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #56 on: November 26, 2010, 02:28:58 AM »
I... I am grateful for my friends. I haven't known any of them for long...  The most recent I met any of them was in May of last year. Before then... I had never had anyone that I would now call a true friend. Now, I have more friend than I can believe.

Jana. You're fun to be around, and I love RPing with you. I don't really know what else to say, but I do consider you a friend.

Moerin. You are also fun to be around, and you're a better person than you give credit to yourself for. Even if it seems as if all the world is out to get you, don't give up. Keep on going, and try to be the best person you can be... As long as you try, you are above all the fools who don't care. And I believe you will, and that you both are and can be far more than you give yourself credit for. Don't give up~! ...Also, ALL BOW BEFORE THE TILDE~~~

Trance. Everything I said about Moerin applies to you too. You're an amazing person, worth far more than you know, and I'm proud to call you my friend. I will always be there for you, and I'm sure you'll be there for me. And I can say the same thing to everyone on this list.

Stein. I'm... Not really sure what to say here. But you're someone I respect quite a bit, and I'm proud to call you my friend as well.

Joy, AKA Definitely Satori/Somewhat Mystia/Whatever the hell you go by here now and in the future. Again, I'm not sure what to say here. But I'm glad that you're in my life now, as random as it was when you came. You helped cheer me up then, and you've been someone I've had fun talking to since then. Thanks for being there.

theshim, Arashi, UK, Stuffman, Nobu, Fightest, everyone in D&D... Thanks for giving me one more thing to look forward to each week. All of you are great to be around, and I'm glad you're all there.

Even though they don't really go here, I'd also like to give thanks to a few other people... First, and foremost, is Pai. Pai, thank you for being there for me, so much. I think... I think you may have actually been my first real friend, if Jamie didn't come first (I don't even remember anymore at this point, time blurs so much) And now... You're my best friend. I've trusted you with everything about me that I've ever even known how to say, and I'm so glad to have met you. Thank you.

Yomi. I met you at the same place I met Pai, and you know what, I still consider the three of us a group of some sort. Even though you have a habit of disappearing, whenever you're around, I know you're there for me even if you don't know what to say. I trust you as much as I do Pai, and I'm so glad to have met you as well.

Jamie. I know it's been a long time since we've talked, and I don't know when we will again, or even if, but I still consider you my friend. You were always there for me, and I will always be there for you in spirit, even if we never speak again.

Gen. Heh, I don't really know what to say here. You're just... You're someone I trust, and respect. I have no idea what I can possibly say, but I do consider you a friend. Thank you for being there.

Val. (From Elenlond. Not Valentia.) I don't know what to say here either. I just... Kind of feel like you're there for me, and we have a lot in common. Given how strict I am on the definition of "friend", and how little we usually talk, it's a little surprising, but... I do consider you a friend. Thank you.

(Nearly) Everyone on Elenlond. Even the ones I never talk with. Thank you for being part of something so wonderful, that I've stayed with for so long.

In some weird, twisted way, Shien. I still despise you with EVERY SINGLE FIBER OF MY BEING but I might not be on Elenlond if it hadn't been for you. Silver lining to cloud indeed, it's just that your existence is enough to be a cloud, a thunderbolt, and an entire freaking hurricane of horrible.

... <.<

Also, my parents, for raising me. And not being quite as insane as the rest of the family. ...*cough*

Also, my real life D&D group, for the same reasons as my D&D group here. As chaotic as it tends to be, D&D is still the high point of my week, and I'm glad it's there.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #57 on: November 26, 2010, 02:31:17 AM »
Lacks Purvis.

Unfunnied.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #58 on: November 26, 2010, 02:42:15 AM »
I was going to go and individually name every person on this site I am thankful for and why, but then I realized everyone I forgot/left out would feel bad. So I am thankful for all my friends on this site and this site in general.

I am thankful for Touhou for the same reasons I said a year ago. Maybe it sounds silly, but Touhou directly changed my life for the better in so many ways.

I am thankful that I was able to graduate high school and gain a memento from someone I liked a lot from then.

I am thankful that I am now a stronger pastry than I have ever before been in my life, which goes hand in hand with my friends who helped me become who I am today.

I am thankful for fluffy blankets, who remind me of how cuddly life can be.

I am thankful for bikes, which make the way home so much easier and interactive.

I am thankful for the mind, which has provided me with so many hilarious encounters these past 18 years.

I'd like to thank my dearly departed cat Squeaker. Dunno why, but she was an awesome kitty.

* Donut falls down fast asleep before he gets any more petty
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Myschi

• cawcawcawcaw
    • The Grass Feels Like Pants
« Reply #59 on: November 26, 2010, 02:50:14 AM »
Thanks to all of you people. I'm not mentioning you all because that's a huge list. And thanks to m'love for putting up with my crap. I love you so, so damn much. And m'bro and sis. Especially sis - again for putting up with all of my crap. I love you equally, but in a different way because that'd be creepy if I didn't. :ohdear:

Thanks, Matt Groening or however your name is.

And Warren Spector, for Epic Mickey.

And whoever decided to put ham and pineapple together for the first time.

And the guy who owns the Chinese Restaurant in town.

... I hope nobody expected this to be sappy the whole way through. :V