Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments XVI - Not Faily Wars  (Read 219269 times)

Nindella

• That cat!
  • Nyaaa...
    • Youtube Page!
Re: Touhou Accomplishments XVI - Not Faily Wars
« Reply #960 on: July 21, 2012, 03:55:10 PM »
Just came back from a 1 week cruise around Norway (it was fun!), during which I had brought my laptop and a usb keyboard to play touhou with!

And boy did I play touhou...  :D

Managed to...
... 1cc Touhou 13 Hard! That's all the main windows games now 1cc'd on Hard!  I can feel confident now with moving on to Lunatic (and I am, very much!  :3  )
... 1cc Touhou 8 Lunatic!  Perhaps the tensest last few seconds of a 1cc I've ever had, I love this game though so I'm glad it's my 2nd lunatic 1cc!
... 1cc Touhou 10 Lunatic!  Virtue of the Wind God... I'm just glad I've 1cc'd the game, at least that horror is behind me  :V
... 1cc Touhou 6 Lunatic!  I can't believe I did so well!  I'm very happy with the run, and this game is very fun!  I think the whole no-hitbox thing makes it all the more interesting  :derp:
... and that's it!

I also went around the mountains and glaciers of Norway and saw some amazing and stunnnning views etc. so I wasn't a complete shut-in  :blush:

Now I'm back, I think I'm going to start working on starting a Let's Play series which I'd been planning for months.  Watching guys like RobinLSL, Gamercal101 and Esupanitix really inspired and motivated me, I just need to help unpack my suitcases and things first and then we'll see what I can do  :)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 03:57:24 PM by Nindella »
Youtube Channel!
Please check it out for Touhou commentaries, LPs, piano transcriptions and more!
My Touhou replays!

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #961 on: July 21, 2012, 03:57:58 PM »
Congrats on the clears! You should be able to clear PCB no sweat, so go for that if you're not already.

« Reply #962 on: July 21, 2012, 04:42:27 PM »
Yeah, and UFO might not even be that daunting.  At least not after sketching out a route.  Really blazing through these games, here.
Virtue of the Wind God [...] horror
The best kind.
I think the whole no-hitbox thing makes it all the more interesting
Obligatory plug.
eb: there should be a shmup that is sort of like podd minus the versus shit
eb: you go dodging semirandom things then it goes WARNING GET OUT OF THE WAY MOTHERFUCKER and you get a shitstorm
KB: and there is no way out of the way
eb: the way is through

« Reply #963 on: July 21, 2012, 07:16:54 PM »

IN Lunatic 1CC
failed all of Kaguya's last spells  :3

Shadow

• Forever waiting for tomorrow
« Reply #964 on: July 21, 2012, 09:44:10 PM »
Was messing around with the latest IN Ultra Patch, and then suddenly:

Fantasy Temperament Ultra (Not like it matters) Capture!

...Staying as close to Reimu as possible. Replay should work with, yeah, the latest Ultra Patch.

SuccinctAndPunchy

• Fear The Melon!
  • I would murder all of you for a cup of tea.
« Reply #965 on: July 21, 2012, 11:35:07 PM »
As the 90FPS Ultra Seamless Ceiling of Kinkaku Ji challenge enters its third day, some progress has actually been made.

I'm pretty confident that this can be done, now that I've gotten this far. A healthy dose of luck, patience and more episodes of QI and I should be able to do this in maybe another 4000 attempts or so.

Shot count so far: 6383

« Reply #966 on: July 22, 2012, 12:20:52 AM »
Just cleared PCB Extra with no bombs/deaths, but one unpurposeful border break at her last card. But I'm still happy for pulling this off at my birthday. :V

Oh

« Reply #967 on: July 22, 2012, 02:06:23 AM »

Perfect Stage 3. Wasn't that challenging to be honest, it was my first try.
Too bad EoSD can't save replays lol.

Edit: Lunatic
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 02:07:57 AM by Oh »

Sanger Zonvolt

• Sword That Cleaves Evil
« Reply #968 on: July 22, 2012, 02:15:36 AM »
New player.  :3

Beaten EoSD, PCB, and PoFV on normal.

Waga Zankantou ni tatenu mono nashi!

« Reply #969 on: July 22, 2012, 02:45:31 AM »
Hey let's attempt to time out Virtue of Wind God, let's see just how far I can make it.

*presses X button within the first 10 seconds purely by accident*

...Well that sucked, can't even remember the last time that happened. Let's just pretend that didn't happen and move on...

...and on...

...and on...

My first death comes at the 56 second mark. I can't even believe I made it that far in.

You know what?

Holy shit, this might actually be something I can really pull off.

« Reply #971 on: July 22, 2012, 05:54:18 AM »
Tried another challenge in PCB Extra, this time no-focus. Did it with only 1 death, and I even captured Kokkuri-san Contract, don't ask me how. :getdown:

« Reply #972 on: July 22, 2012, 07:41:41 AM »
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=22697
I timed out Greatest Treasure. I have now timed out all of the spellcards on UFO Lunatic stage 5!

Karisa

• Extend!
  • High scores are meant to be broken.
« Reply #973 on: July 22, 2012, 11:16:07 AM »
Finished PCB Extra with 7 lives, meaning no deaths and 800+ point items collected. Also unexpectedly reached 1 billion (my best score before this was 875 million). I'm very close to perfecting Ran now... A question: does anyone think less of the accomplishment if the boss and midboss are perfected but the stage portion isn't? I prefer to use up my bombs for score here.

Also I somehow managed to fill a UFO during midboss Ichirin.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yy1C45Wf6lM

redlakitu

« Reply #974 on: July 22, 2012, 01:33:53 PM »
My first Mountain of Faith Normal clear:

http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=22702

Not that much of a reason to be proud, because I often abused bombs to make things safer (though not always... "please, self, don't try capturing Illusionary Dominance"; 20 seconds later: (captures Illusionary Dominance)) and still managed to stupidly lose a few lives. But still, I never meant this as a serious run, just an attempt to see how far can playing it safe get me, so I'm very happy with the unexpected result.  Kanako's eponymous spell card was incredibly stressful when I realized that I might actually have a chance to beat the game.

Also, I think I hurt my back during my celebratory gestures. Ouch.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 01:38:24 PM by redlakitu »

« Reply #975 on: July 22, 2012, 02:21:11 PM »
First Touhou Normal 1cc  :D It's quite derpy at Stage 6 though.
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=22704

I'd like to thank Zil for introducing the "Bombspam Miko" technique found here

Next time, I'll try to do a more "legit" 1cc with Sanae/Marisa.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #976 on: July 22, 2012, 07:29:46 PM »
Ha ha ha, okay, THAT is funny. I just perfected Eirin...twice in a row. Who knows if I'll get Hourai Elixir this time, but that is something I can be proud of no matter where the dice falls.

btw, said dice fell at zero seconds. orz
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 07:45:46 PM by nintendonut888 »
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

fsvgm777

• One of the only Touhou fans from Luxembourg... I guess.
  • Oh, I'm just a concerned observer.
« Reply #977 on: July 22, 2012, 07:47:17 PM »
Oh hey, let's play some PoDD Normal with a character I haven't used before, because I'm bored!
*picks Mima*

*~25 minutes later*

Only 2 deaths, and both were to Yumemi.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #978 on: July 22, 2012, 08:28:23 PM »
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 08:31:54 PM by nintendonut888 »
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

« Reply #979 on: July 22, 2012, 09:49:43 PM »
Oh hey, I'm not dead yet! To rank among all the bros who have timed out Hourai Jewel Lunatic, I did this. Took me like only 5 tries which is quite surprising. Well, after that color tip, not so much anymore. Haha.

Seppo Hovi

« Reply #980 on: July 23, 2012, 01:56:11 AM »
It's been a good while since I last uploaded a Youtube video that was not a boring no-shooting normal clear with horrible deaths everywhere around the place. But, yeah, I did get to finally continuing my IN ultra shenanigans since some people here were having a struggle with it. Instead of doing some Last Words which people have asked for I uploaded some old Extra spell cards.

Mokou's first was pretty cool. Nothing else is worth watching, to be honest.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 04:03:25 AM by Seppo Hovi »

« Reply #981 on: July 23, 2012, 08:37:19 AM »
Full Starboard on a Burning Ship timeout!

Thanks to Zil's demonstration earlier, I only had to make one ridiculously impossible squeeze dodge instead of two, so thanks for that Zil!

And as if that wasn't enough, that very same run contained a timeout of Bottomless Anzan Cannon.

Karisa

• Extend!
  • High scores are meant to be broken.
« Reply #982 on: July 23, 2012, 10:34:09 AM »
I just perfected Lunatic Keine (replay). Unfortunately it was on a run where I bombed during the stage portion and decided to play it out for practice, so it's not yet a perfect stage 3 like I was hoping for...

Chuckolator

• ex-perfecter, good times
« Reply #983 on: July 23, 2012, 11:20:11 AM »
I just perfected Lunatic Keine (replay). Unfortunately it was on a run where I bombed during the stage portion and decided to play it out for practice, so it's not yet a perfect stage 3 like I was hoping for...
Congrats! Stage portion is mostly streaming anyway, if you aren't already aware, so no doubt the perfect run will come sometime.
Aiming to perfect every stage in Touhou. loljk don't care anymore You can find my perfects here or here.
Best perfects so far include UFO 6, MoF 4 and IN 6A.

formerly known as Seiga Kaku

« Reply #984 on: July 23, 2012, 11:26:06 AM »
I did perfect timeouts of the remaining things in UFO stage 5, which were Shou's 1st and 3rd nonspell. I also did the doom fairy spam section after Nazrin, but that was on 15fps. I don't think it's possible to do on 60fps.
Now to do the perfect stage 5... I got to Vajra earlier today though, bleh.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 11:27:48 AM by cactu »

Chuckolator

• ex-perfecter, good times
« Reply #985 on: July 23, 2012, 02:00:42 PM »
Got burned out while perfecting Kanako (three consecutive runs ending at VoWG <_<) so did a fun run of Byakuren and captured her first card.

Still haven't captured lunatic Static Butterfly though, I have no idea why. <_<
Aiming to perfect every stage in Touhou. loljk don't care anymore You can find my perfects here or here.
Best perfects so far include UFO 6, MoF 4 and IN 6A.

formerly known as Seiga Kaku

MTSranger

• =.=
« Reply #986 on: July 23, 2012, 03:44:51 PM »
Full Starboard on a Burning Ship timeout!

Thanks to Zil's demonstration earlier, I only had to make one ridiculously impossible squeeze dodge instead of two, so thanks for that Zil!

And as if that wasn't enough, that very same run contained a timeout of Bottomless Anzan Cannon.
Congratz! Hm, so you handled that 13s (countdown timer) part that way, moving down instead of up. Either way seems quite tight imo.

redlakitu

« Reply #987 on: July 23, 2012, 05:05:00 PM »
I'm just back after getting my first Hard 1cc in any Touhou game! Predictably, it's Imperishable Night:

http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=22722

Admittedly it consists mostly of mistakes.  I didn't practice enough beforehand and almost restarted after the fight with Marisa, which I know so well and yet inexplicably failed most of her attacks, including Double Spark and Shoot the Moon... Well, I should have practiced more.

« Reply #988 on: July 23, 2012, 05:41:16 PM »
IN Extra stage clear.
The whole run was quite awful, with more resource management than actual dodging (5 spells captured, tons of bombs).
Spell Practice really does help a lot, but I still hate Fujiyama Volcano.

Ranko Hoshino

• ゆっくりしていってね!!!
  • Take it easy!
    • Ranko's Gaming Blog
« Reply #989 on: July 23, 2012, 06:19:28 PM »
I decided to give TD Hard a try as Reimu out of nowhere and I made it to Tojiko! :toot:

no replay because continues were used, but having caught Miko's second spell and fourth nonspell makes me feel good about myself :V

almost caught Miko's final spell too
Currently needing to do more Touhou stuff
My Touhou Replays
IN Yukari Spell Practice: 218/222
Chat with me, maybe?: https://discord.gg/0bbmWG5ankaeyTzH