Author Topic: Sakuya Quest 8 - A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 153054 times)

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
Re: Sakuya Quest 8 - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #630 on: April 20, 2017, 10:37:46 AM »
> We still have writing utensils, yes?
> "Anyway, when you are next available to do so, I would appreciate it if you could read over this statement and sign it if you so choose. Yours is one of the few remaining I have not gathered."
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #631 on: April 20, 2017, 10:52:06 AM »
> We still have writing utensils, yes?
> "Anyway, when you are next available to do so, I would appreciate it if you could read over this statement and sign it if you so choose. Yours is one of the few remaining I have not gathered."

>"Sure, just give me a minute here..." says Nazrin. There are a couple more sounds of metal hitting against metal, light noises this time, then she crawls out of the hole and stands up, stretching. You've never really had contact with Nazrin, but you have glimpsed her while visiting Rinnosuke. She looks more or less as you remember; short with mouse ears and gray hair, favoring earth tones. She has let her hair grow out, though, which is nearly back length now.
>"Oh, you did say you were a maid," She says, looking you over. "You getting the mansion back together again, Flan? I thought we squeezed all the aristocraticness out of you ages ago!"

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #632 on: April 20, 2017, 10:58:16 AM »
> Grin.
> "Try as I might, the Young Mistress has shown no interest whatsoever in such things. Though seeing you properly does remind me that I believe we have briefly passed each other on occasion. I like what you have done with your hair."

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #633 on: April 20, 2017, 11:04:55 AM »
> Grin.
> "Try as I might, the Young Mistress has shown no interest whatsoever in such things. Though seeing you properly does remind me that I believe we have briefly passed each other on occasion. I like what you have done with your hair."

>"Thanks?" she says. "I haven't really done much with it. So what's this thing you wanted me to read?"

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #634 on: April 20, 2017, 11:15:13 AM »
> "It is substantially longer than it was a thousand years ago. It looks good on you."
> Hand over the Sworn Statement.
> "Here is the statement I mentioned."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #635 on: April 20, 2017, 11:24:47 AM »
> "It is substantially longer than it was a thousand years ago. It looks good on you."
> Hand over the Sworn Statement.
> "Here is the statement I mentioned."

>Nazrin glances over it. "...This is some weird language for a treaty," says Nazrin. "And I thought those guys let it go ages ago?" She glances toward Meira. "Right?"
>"Hm?" says Meira.
>"The whole rivalry thing, it petered out ages ago, right?"
>"I believe so?" says Meira. "I was never really invested in it to start with."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #636 on: April 20, 2017, 11:28:01 AM »
> "That seems quite possible. It is still going strong in my time, however, whether or not anyone actively involved would admit it."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #637 on: April 20, 2017, 11:56:10 AM »
> "That seems quite possible. It is still going strong in my time, however, whether or not anyone actively involved would admit it."

>"Okay, I'm going to admit I was only half listening before since I was doing something," says Nazrin, "and just assumed you were okay since you were with Flandre. The heck's going on here?"

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #638 on: April 20, 2017, 12:01:19 PM »
> "I am going to bring that statement back with me to my time, in an effort to expedite the path of non-aggression. Aside from you, the only signatures I have left are Kyouko and Seiga, and then Lady Toyosatomimi herself, if I can find her again "

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #639 on: April 20, 2017, 12:07:38 PM »
Specifically, based on what she's been saying, I'm pretty sure she missed the most important part.
>"...to be specific, in case you missed that part of the story, I've been flung forward in time from about a thousand years ago, to yesterday morning. I've managed to secure a method of return, if all goes well, and plan to go back today."
>Turn to Flan. "It might be good that I have you with me to help verify to people that I'm not spouting nonsense... I can't expect anyone who doesn't recognize me to trust this story in the slightest."
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #640 on: April 20, 2017, 12:26:32 PM »
> "I am going to bring that statement back with me to my time, in an effort to expedite the path of non-aggression. Aside from you, the only signatures I have left are Kyouko and Seiga, and then Lady Toyosatomimi herself, if I can find her again "

>"I still don't get it, but it's for a good cause, right?" says Nazrin.

Specifically, based on what she's been saying, I'm pretty sure she missed the most important part.
>"...to be specific, in case you missed that part of the story, I've been flung forward in time from about a thousand years ago, to yesterday morning. I've managed to secure a method of return, if all goes well, and plan to go back today."
>Turn to Flan. "It might be good that I have you with me to help verify to people that I'm not spouting nonsense... I can't expect anyone who doesn't recognize me to trust this story in the slightest."

>"Oh," says Nazrin. "That sounds like a real load, you know."
>"It's true, though," says Flandre. "I knew her, and this is the real thing."
>"I mean, it's not like I wouldn't have signed if it was for a good cause..." says Nazrin.

>_

Suwako Moriya

• Hey you with the pretty face
  • Welcome to the human race!
« Reply #641 on: April 20, 2017, 12:32:13 PM »
> "Sadly, I cannot offer any real immediate proof that my story is true. I can say I have met with both Ran Yakumo and the Rainbow Serpent in my efforts to return home, for whatever weight their names carry, but I have no real proof of either of those encounters either."
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #642 on: April 20, 2017, 03:41:36 PM »
> "Sadly, I cannot offer any real immediate proof that my story is true. I can say I have met with both Ran Yakumo and the Rainbow Serpent in my efforts to return home, for whatever weight their names carry, but I have no real proof of either of those encounters either."

>"Eh, you have Flan's word, that's good enough for me to sign your thing," says Nazrin.

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #643 on: April 20, 2017, 03:42:19 PM »
> Smile.
> "Thank you."
> Retrieve our writing tools.
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #644 on: April 20, 2017, 04:08:16 PM »
> Smile.
> "Thank you."
> Retrieve our writing tools.

>You pull out your writing things. Nazrin takes them and quickly signs. "That'll do it, right?"

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #645 on: April 20, 2017, 04:12:35 PM »
> "It should."
> Retrieve the writing tools and store them away.
> Retrieve the Sworn Statement and have a look at the signature.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #646 on: April 20, 2017, 04:20:00 PM »
> "It should."
> Retrieve the writing tools and store them away.
> Retrieve the Sworn Statement and have a look at the signature.

>You put your things away and note that Nazrin's signature is there, rather than some of graffiti.

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #647 on: April 20, 2017, 04:21:07 PM »
> Put the Sworn Statement away.
> "In addition to this, is there any sort of message you wish for me to deliver to your past self?"
> Look to Meira.
> "Or perhaps selves, if you were around in that time as well."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #648 on: April 20, 2017, 04:30:59 PM »
> Put the Sworn Statement away.
> "In addition to this, is there any sort of message you wish for me to deliver to your past self?"
> Look to Meira.
> "Or perhaps selves, if you were around in that time as well."

>"I'd like to tell past me not to skip out on breakfast," says Nazrin.
>Meira frowns. "I'm not sure. You're really from all that time ago?"

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #649 on: April 20, 2017, 04:41:14 PM »
> Nod.
> "I admit I do not believe our paths ever crossed either. If they did, then I apologize for not remembering you now."
> Tilt our head a bit toward Meira's sword.
> "As a point of reference that may be of interest to you, I do not recall too many swordswomen in my time. Other than Lady Toyosatomimi, who may or may not have used hers very much, the only notable one I can think of was the Netherworld's gardener."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #650 on: April 20, 2017, 04:44:21 PM »
> Nod.
> "I admit I do not believe our paths ever crossed either. If they did, then I apologize for not remembering you now."
> Tilt our head a bit toward Meira's sword.
> "As a point of reference that may be of interest to you, I do not recall too many swordswomen in my time. Other than Lady Toyosatomimi, who may or may not have used hers very much, the only notable one I can think of was the Netherworld's gardener."

>Meira nods. "I knew them both well. Miss Konpaku used to host meetings for those who held an interest in the blade."

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #651 on: April 20, 2017, 04:48:32 PM »
> Were we aware of such meetings?
> "Then perhaps you would like to share something with those in those meetings?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #652 on: April 20, 2017, 04:50:44 PM »
> Were we aware of such meetings?
> "Then perhaps you would like to share something with those in those meetings?"

>You were not.
>"It was some time ago..." says Meira. "Really, they began as just a kind of social club to talk and drink, however much Miss Konpaku wanted them to be a serious meeting of peers to compare and match techniques. But as time went on and more people took an interest, it became quite popular for awhile."

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #653 on: April 20, 2017, 04:56:07 PM »
> "Really? I did not realize there were so many swordswomen in Gensokyo."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #654 on: April 20, 2017, 05:34:14 PM »
> "Really? I did not realize there were so many swordswomen in Gensokyo."

>"There really was only a few of us when we started," says Meira. "It took some decades for things to really take off."

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #655 on: April 20, 2017, 05:38:09 PM »
> "Ah, that would explain it."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #656 on: April 20, 2017, 05:50:30 PM »
> "Ah, that would explain it."

>"Swordplay became popular for awhile, after New Hometown was established," says Meira.
>"Ugh, I remember that," Nazrin says. "Wannabe bandits everywhere."

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #657 on: April 20, 2017, 05:55:00 PM »
> Grin a little bit.
> "I suppose it is good for the sake of my craft that they preferred swords to knives."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #658 on: April 20, 2017, 06:00:07 PM »
> Grin a little bit.
> "I suppose it is good for the sake of my craft that they preferred swords to knives."

>"It was more blades in general," says Meira. "But swords were the most popular."

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #659 on: April 20, 2017, 06:01:19 PM »
> "Ah, I see. Well, I trust the craze has long since died down."