Author Topic: Ask a Staffer Ep. 15 - Matsuri  (Read 49141 times)

Re: Ask a Staffer Ep. 15 - Matsuri
« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2011, 07:40:00 AM »
What type of candy do you like? Sweet or Sour? Chewy or Crunchy?
If you could choose anyone from past, present, or future and be stuck on a deserted island with them, who would it be?
Siblings?

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2011, 09:38:14 AM »
Obligatory how did you become a member of staff?
Obligatory so what DO you do here, what's your function?

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2011, 10:16:24 AM »
Chicken or Sea Bass?

Also, it's surprising that you're an Indiana resident too, because so am I! :o
Considering going to GenCon-Indy this year?
Last year had this one video game music concert. Video Games Live I think it was called. (Still pissed that they didn't have Magus' Theme in the Chrono Trigger segment...)

Baseball, Football(Soccer), Football(American), or Basketball.
Which of these sports is your game of choice?

Ever played Magic: the Gathering before?
What's your D&D Alignment of choice?

Your opinion on Text Adventures?
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

Mimachiro

• Master of the Swimsuit
  • Making being an evil spirit look good
    • Tondemonai
« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2011, 10:50:24 AM »
Who's got the best sword in all of Gensokyo?

Even been in a strawberry crisis? How about a raspberry trap?

What would you do for the touhou of your dreams?

"I don't have anything against you, but I hope you're ready to die a dog's death!
Oh, don't worry, that cat will carry off your body, so you'll be able to live in our place!"

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
  • I suddenly feel like I ate a crowbar.
« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2011, 02:46:42 PM »
Rise Against, Yuki Kajiura
Respect +++++++++++++++++++++
[20:45:19] Ciryano: come and behold why they call it the Panzerfaust
[20:45:39] Hakurei Reimu: ... because it shoots once and then you throw it out?
                                                                                   .

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #35 on: May 25, 2011, 07:15:24 PM »
Damn it all, I had all of my answers typed up, and I stupidly pressed Refresh instead of Preview. Argh -__-

Let's try this again.

Satori vs Koishi cagematch. Who wins?

What Satori lacks in power, she makes up for in strength of will. That said, Koishi's abilities could still prove to be very much formidable against that.

Really, I think it'd be a draw.

If you could change any historical event to have an outcome of your choosing, what would it be and why?

I had been considering such things back in my history class last semester. Like, how would the world be now if Pope Urban II had dropped dead before starting the Crusades, for example? What would have happened to Europe had the plague not killed off 1/3-1/2 of its population? Stuff like that.

Why have we not yet met up for swords and awesome?

Lack of funds and time on my end, I suppose-- and I'd never ask anyone to come and suffer in Indiana BV

Do you have some kind of object that means a lot to you?

My laptop is my connection to the world outside of the little bubble I'm more or less trapped in here. It's my connection to my closest friends, a form of entertainment, and a near-boundless source of information. It has more functions and utilities than I know what to do with, functions as a notebook that virtually never runs out of paper, and so on-- all in a tiny, compact machine that weighs approximately three pounds. *_*

Oh, and my glasses, I guess. I'm kind of useless without them.

Favourite color?

Anything with red. Red itself, purple, orange, and pink. :3

What things do you usually take pictures of?

Flowers! Once I get around to it, I'll be making a thread for my best photos.

How did you end up here?

I go wherever the wind takes me. It just happened to send me here.

Seriously though, I already answered this question. :<

Not so serious question:
What time is it?

Festival time.

All the time.

(It WAS 1:13 when I originally answered this. It is now 3:03, as I type these very words.)

What type of candy do you like? Sweet or Sour? Chewy or Crunchy?

I prefer sweet to sour, and have no preference between chewy or crunchy-- unless it comes to candy bars and whatnot, in which crunchy is preferable.

That said, I don't really eat candy much. :x

If you could choose anyone from past, present, or future and be stuck on a deserted island with them, who would it be?

Someone who I could trust with absolutely every bit of me. It would be rough being with someone I wouldn't get along very well with-- or worse, someone who has no qualms of making me an emergency meal. ._____.

Siblings?

I have one brother-- twelve years old.

Obligatory how did you become a member of staff?

Rather rapidly, I must say. I applied for Shrine Janitor in November '09, and was a Global Mod just after the April Fools' incident. I was later promoted to Admin around last September.

Technically, I'm supposed to be helping run Henrietta, Triela's sister server. However, I'm still waiting for TSO to tell me exactly what I'm supposed to be doing with that. ^^;

Obligatory so what DO you do here, what's your function?

A bit of everything, really! I still function as a Janitor, but now that we have a small army of Janitors, they tend to beat me to the punch. Most of the time, I just answer mod reports as they come up, provide input on more complex issues, and take action when necessary.

Chicken or Sea Bass?

Can't say I recall ever having sea bass before. Chicken, by default, I suppose.

Also, it's surprising that you're an Indiana resident too, because so am I! :o
Considering going to GenCon-Indy this year?
Last year had this one video game music concert. Video Games Live I think it was called. (Still pissed that they didn't have Magus' Theme in the Chrono Trigger segment...)

I did not even know about that-- but even so, not particularly :ohdear:

Baseball, Football(Soccer), Football(American), or Basketball.
Which of these sports is your game of choice?

Baseball and Football Handegg bore me to sleep. Basketball and soccer are much more interesting to watch, and I'd probably enjoy playing them more, as well.

Ever played Magic: the Gathering before?

Once or twice, with people I was hanging around with at college. They had a spare deck on hand, and let me learn to play with it. It's okay. =O

What's your D&D Alignment of choice?

I don't play D&D, but I'd probably say Chaotic/Neutral Good.

Your opinion on Text Adventures?

I haven't really looked into them, so I'd have to say I'm indifferent.

Who's got the best sword in all of Gensokyo?

Tenshi. 8)

Even been in a strawberry crisis? How about a raspberry trap?

Sure I have. Mix 'em together, and you get one of my favorite breakfast cereals, as well! :V

What would you do for the touhou of your dreams?

I can't say, in the three years I have been a Touhou fan, that I have ever had an actual Touhou-based dream. :P

Respect +++++++++++++++++++++

I've been fond of Rise Against for ages-- in fact, they're one of the very, very, very few bands I am still fond of from my angsty adolescent years. I'm rather new to Kajiura, though. Good stuff.

Sorry the responses are so late, folks. :x

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
« Reply #36 on: May 25, 2011, 08:04:02 PM »
pressed Refresh instead of Preview. Argh -__-
How does that even happen

Also get more and more into Kajiura Yuki as you can, for she is a god
                                                                                   .

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #37 on: May 25, 2011, 08:07:53 PM »
Satori vs Koishi cagematch. In capes and nothing else. Who wins?

What is the last good book you've read?

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #38 on: May 25, 2011, 08:09:14 PM »
Arashi vs Ruro cagematch.  Who wins?

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #39 on: May 25, 2011, 08:20:21 PM »
Satori vs Koishi cagematch. In capes and nothing else. Who wins?

everyone :yumemi:

Serious answer: Satori, overwhelmed with the thoughts of her audience, would be paralyzed in embarrassment. Koishi would likely win. :V

What is the last good book you've read?

I've slowly been working my way through Fuyumi Ono's Twelve Kingdoms series, and the most recent book I finished was the second one. I have a copy of the third and fourth on hand, so I'll be picking those back up right away, as soon as I get a couple other things out of the way. :3

Arashi vs Ruro cagematch.  Who wins?

Depends. Who is Arashi's Rose Bride, and do you think they can compare to the Rurolutionary Girl Utena + Anthy Himematsy team? 8)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 08:31:03 PM by Matsurnia Teppelin »

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #40 on: May 25, 2011, 09:02:51 PM »
Welp, if you ever decide to co to GenCon-Indy, and we bump into each other, I'll be more than happy to play a few rounds of M:tG with ya.
I hardly ever find any worthy opponents 'round where I live anyhow, so it's terribly dull.
As you stated earlier on, it's pretty much..
Quote from: Matsurnia Teppelin
Corn, Conservatives, Corn, Construction, Corn, Churches, and Corn.
Or in my words..
Quote from: Hanzo K.
Boring, boring, side order of boring, and oh look, more boring.
Long story short, Indiana's a nice and quiet place to visit, but you sure as heck wouldn't want to live here.
Unless it's one of the cities, then it's a pretty okay place.
And i agree with ya on the sports things, basketball's a way more enjoyable sport.
I remember the time I practically sunk a 3-pointer on accident...High pass gone wrong if you must know. (To this very day, I still wonder how I pulled it off.)
But anyhow, back to asking questions!

Ar Tonelico 1, 2 or 3. Which one has the overall best OST?
Would you go to GenCon-Indy if given a chance? (For those of you who love Mechwarrior, Rejoice! They have a Mechwarrior VR simulation tourney!)
How would you describe yourself in 50 or less words?
Swordsman, Lancer, Archer, or mage?
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #41 on: May 26, 2011, 12:42:15 AM »
Ellen's Magic Shop vs Rainbow Resort  cagematch. Which would come out the most fuwa fuwa?

What is your biggest guilty pleasure?
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
« Reply #42 on: May 26, 2011, 01:18:16 AM »
Donut vs Sapz vs Baity cagematch, who has more DoDoDoDoDons per Pachi?
                                                                                   .

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #43 on: May 26, 2011, 01:39:14 AM »
ALL YOUR KETSUI ARE BELONG TO ZENGAR?

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #44 on: May 26, 2011, 03:03:21 AM »
How good are you at the Touhou games?

What would you like to do as a career?

If you could just observe any era of history without interacting with it in any way, what location in space-time would you choose to watch and why?

Strawberry it easy?

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #45 on: May 26, 2011, 06:46:23 AM »
Welp, if you ever decide to co to GenCon-Indy, and we bump into each other, I'll be more than happy to play a few rounds of M:tG with ya.
I hardly ever find any worthy opponents 'round where I live anyhow, so it's terribly dull.

I don't even remember how to play. I'm afraid you'd throw me around like a rag doll. :ohdear:

As you stated earlier on, it's pretty much..Or in my words..Long story short, Indiana's a nice and quiet place to visit, but you sure as heck wouldn't want to live here.
Unless it's one of the cities, then it's a pretty okay place.

I will give Indiana that much-- it's much more tolerable in the city than it is in the countryside. That's not saying much, though, because there really isn't that much to see in Fort Wayne. :/

But anyhow, back to asking questions!

Ar Tonelico 1, 2 or 3. Which one has the overall best OST?

I've actually never played any of the three, or heard any music from them, either. I'm afraid I have no opinion here!

Would you go to GenCon-Indy if given a chance? (For those of you who love Mechwarrior, Rejoice! They have a Mechwarrior VR simulation tourney!)

I suppose it'd be an opportunity to try to take pictures of people instead of flowers, I suppose. =O

How would you describe yourself in 50 or less words?

An optimist to a fault, whose main goals in life are to love, and to be loved, and to be happy, and to make others happy.

Swordsman, Lancer, Archer, or mage?

Swordsman!

Ellen's Magic Shop vs Rainbow Resort  cagematch. Which would come out the most fuwa fuwa?

Ellen is indeed the queen of fuwafuwa. Rainbow Resort, sadly, would not stand a chance.

What is your biggest guilty pleasure?

That I'm willing to fess up to? Using soap/shampoo/conditioner marketed toward women. Sorry, I'd much rather smell like a strawberry or a rose than a forest or a rock. BV

Donut vs Sapz vs Baity cagematch, who has more DoDoDoDoDons per Pachi?

Sapz. Gotta give it to the man I took under my wing to introduce to arcade shmups, with DoDonPachi being the first one I threw at him.

THEY GROW UP SO FAST ;_______________________________;

ALL YOUR KETSUI ARE BELONG TO ZENGAR?

FOR GREAT JUSTICE 8)

How good are you at the Touhou games?

Somewhere in between Normal and Hard, I suppose.

What would you like to do as a career?

As I said earlier, I just want to help people in any way I can-- though I must admit that I would love to do this while wandering around the world. Staying in one place just seems kind of...eh. Life's too short to not get out there and explore the world around us.

If you could just observe any era of history without interacting with it in any way, what location in space-time would you choose to watch and why?

I find this difficult to answer without knowing much about world history beyond...well, the history of Western Civilization, which I took a class in last semester.

That said, I think I'll cheat on this one and say '1000 years from now'-- particularly to look at how the people a millienium ahead of us have changed, and how they view our societies, cultures, and technology-- as what is modern to us would be ancient to them.

Strawberry it easy?

I am currently unable to strawberry it easy, as I have no strawberries.

Once this is remedied, then I am able to strawberry it easy  :yukkuri:

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #46 on: May 26, 2011, 10:38:24 AM »
Well, by "Worthy Opponents", I mean folks to actually play with. M:tG players are a rare occurrence in these parts. :fail:
I'm pretty much out in the boondocks compared to the city-dwellers. Fort Wayne y'say? That was mom's old stompin' grounds when she was younger!
Hell, if I had a car(or even knew how to drive, I don't trust myself behind the wheel of a car) I'd come up there and drag you to GenCon-Indy myself!
As for the pictures, you'd definitely get more of them, one year I even saw someone in a life-size Chewbacca outfit!
And then there's the other cosplays....and Belegarth...man, I love that game! The guy I fought was a pro, and he was impressed with my sword skills.
What can I say? I think of moves most wouldn't think to execute. :3

And now for the questions....again...but this time with Vocaloid flavor!
Matryoshka or World's End Dancehall?
Who's a better singer, Mystia or Teto?
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #47 on: May 27, 2011, 12:48:18 AM »
The fresh air in a forest or in the early morning is the best of all natural scents you take those slut words back

Make me. :colbert:

Are there any limits to the visceral that you can take? (RL photos, writing, etc)

I'd say it all depends on my mood and the subject matter. Not much fazes me, but if you can manage to hit me in the right place, it hits me very, very hard.

If you've watched Madoka Magica, who's your favourite meguca?

I've only seen through episode 7 so far, but my answer is Mami and will likely remain as such, unless something obviously happens to change my mind.

WHY DID YOU PLAY DEMONOPHOBIA???? WHATEVER COMPELLED YOU TO DO SUCH A TERRIBLE THING???? DOESN'T IT MAKE YOU FEEL DIRTY AND LIKE YOU'RE A VOYEUR????????

Xenophilia did, actually. I figured it would help me understand the imagery you were trying to convey.

And then I found out that it's a horrible, horrible game :<

Therefore, I blame you. >:<

You should take pictures of fruits. I mean, they're essentially pregnant flowers! OR ARE YOU BIASED AGAINST PREGNANCY.....

OF COURSE I'M NOT :<

Sure, I'd take pictures of fruit, given the chance.

And now for the questions....again...but this time with Vocaloid flavor!
Matryoshka or World's End Dancehall?

Haven't heard the latter, so I'd have to say Matryoshka.

Who's a better singer, Mystia or Teto?

Actually, I have found songs covered by human singers that are infinitely better than any Vocaloid. ^^;

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
« Reply #48 on: May 27, 2011, 04:16:10 AM »
Who's your daddy?
                                                                                   .

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #49 on: May 27, 2011, 04:30:57 AM »
You're such a sweet young thing, why you do this to yourself?

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

« Reply #50 on: May 27, 2011, 08:08:41 AM »
The fresh air in a forest is one of the best of all natural scents, you take those floosie words back.
Agreed.

Matsuri, did you have a favorite dinosaur back in the day?
What about a favorite animal?
Do you dread going to the dentists' or doctors'?
How is the weather in Indiana?

Fetch()tirade

• serial time-waster
« Reply #51 on: May 27, 2011, 08:23:14 AM »
Favorite gemstone?

Describe today's popular music in a maximum of three words. They do not have to be in a sentence or phrase.

Catchphrase.

If given the proper time and resources to make anything you so desire, what would be your first creation?

What is the circumference of a moose?

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #52 on: May 27, 2011, 11:12:14 AM »
Sapz. Gotta give it to the man I took under my wing to introduce to arcade shmups, with DoDonPachi being the first one I threw at him.

THEY GROW UP SO FAST ;_______________________________;
8) Good memories.

How did your interest in shmups start? I remember you'd been playing them for a while before starting out with Touhou.

What was your favourite before you discovered Mushihimesama?
Let's fight.

Molten

• Just a lil' goblin
  • A sweet potato.
« Reply #53 on: May 27, 2011, 11:13:53 AM »
Out of all the words in all languages, which one is your favorite word?
What do you know about Sweden?
Favorite time of the year?

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #54 on: May 27, 2011, 10:31:25 PM »
Who's your daddy?

A man who knows more about cars and how they work than anyone I know. Usually pretty laid-back, though he tends to let his temper get the best of him over silly things. Plays video games far more than I do.

You're such a sweet young thing, why you do this to yourself?

I needed the money, okay? ;_;

Agreed.

I'm sorry, I couldn't hear you over the floral scent of my shower.

Matsuri, did you have a favorite dinosaur back in the day?

I dunno, I wasn't alive back then. :V

Don't really have a favorite though, to be honest.

What about a favorite animal?

Cats, dogs, ferrets. I can't think of any animals I dislike, however, outside of mosquitoes and whatnot. :S

Do you dread going to the dentists' or doctors'?

Dentist: Oh god, yes. I need the nitrous oxide to keep me from flipping out on the poor people who are doing things in my mouth. It does not go well with my anxiety at all.

Doctor: Eh, not really-- generally because If I go to a doctor, it's because I'm sick, and need something to fix it.

How is the weather in Indiana?

Normally, it varies, and can change at the slightest notice.

However, it has rained almost every day for the past three weeks. :/

Favorite gemstone?

Amethyst. Also happens to be my birthstone.

Describe today's popular music in a maximum of three words. They do not have to be in a sentence or phrase.

Auto-tuned failures

Catchphrase.

I... don't think I have one :x

If given the proper time and resources to make anything you so desire, what would be your first creation?

My first creation? A giant, delicious strawberry cake.

What is the circumference of a moose?

I actually googled this to see if it was some sort of joke I didn't know. There's a facebook profile dedicated to the circumference of a moose, however. Huh.

8) Good memories.

How did your interest in shmups start? I remember you'd been playing them for a while before starting out with Touhou.

What was your favourite before you discovered Mushihimesama?

You sort of answered your own question! The first shmup to actually get me interested in the genre was, in fact, Mushihimesama. A friend of mine was a fan of the game and mentioned it once, so I looked it up to see this ridiculously complex-looking shooting game with thousands of purple bullets everywhere. From there, I was all 'I MUST PLAY THIS'. Unfortunately, it wasn't on MAME, so that friend told me to give DoDonPachi, Guwange, and ESP Ra.De. a go, instead. They were too hard for me at the time, but that didn't stop me from wanting to play Mushihimesama. I then remembered that a friend of mine had mentioned Touhou to me before, and then I realized 'hey, this kind of reminds me of Mushihimesama, but not as hard!', so I grabbed the PCB demo, and went from there. Unsurprisingly, Mushihimesama, which I obtained the PS2 port for a few months later, is my favorite arcade shmup to this day (this also extends to Futari), and PCB is my favorite Touhou game (though SA, MS, and PoDD are more or less tied for my favorite as well, depending on my mood).

Out of all the words in all languages, which one is your favorite word?

It's as cheesy as can be, but it doesn't make it any less truthful. "Love".

What do you know about Sweden?

Nothing really, I'm afraid :(

Favorite time of the year?

Spring, especially when flowers are blooming.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #55 on: May 28, 2011, 02:14:50 AM »
Power of love, power of friendship, or power of believing in yourself - which is most...powerful in your opinion?
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #56 on: May 28, 2011, 04:26:56 PM »
Power of love, power of friendship, or power of believing in yourself - which is most...powerful in your opinion?

I would argue that the power of love is already an element of the power of friendship, and occasionally, in the power of believing in yourself. Therefore, I say the power of love is the essence of both of the latter options, and is the most powerful of the three.

Silent Harmony

• Everybody needs the Pharmarcy
  • Justice never dies!
« Reply #57 on: May 28, 2011, 05:32:31 PM »
As you've said you're an optimist, what would you say to someone who's a pessimist?

What are your pet peeves?

1CC List (all shmups)
League of Legends / Battle.net: Harmony11(#1694)

Mimachiro

• Master of the Swimsuit
  • Making being an evil spirit look good
    • Tondemonai
« Reply #58 on: May 28, 2011, 10:00:04 PM »
If the world blew up today, what would you do tomorrow?

If you were on a plane about to crash headfirst into the ocean, what would you do?

What's the craziest idea you have for a career path? (We all had crazy ideas as brats, right?)

"I don't have anything against you, but I hope you're ready to die a dog's death!
Oh, don't worry, that cat will carry off your body, so you'll be able to live in our place!"

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
« Reply #59 on: May 29, 2011, 12:07:54 AM »
If the world blew up today, what would you do tomorrow?
The hell kinda question is this

The hell kinda question was that
                                                                                   .