Author Topic: Ask a Staffer Ep. 14 - Helepolis  (Read 41689 times)

Molten

• Just a lil' goblin
  • A sweet potato.
Re: Ask a Staffer Ep. 14 - Helepolis
« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2011, 06:44:39 AM »
Serious questions:
On a scale from 1 to 10, how fun is DotS?
Best thing ever?
What games do you play?
Do you own any certain item that means a lot to you?

Not so serious question:
Should the Scarlet Devil Mansion have their own shrine?

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2011, 07:38:30 AM »
-More charismatic: the most interesting vampire in Gensokyo, or the most interesting man in the world?
Hmmm interesting, this is qui--
< Sakuya appears behind Helepolis >
Of course it is the Mistress. What a silly question!

-If these two ever met, what would happen?
Gensoukyou would have a nice party at the SDM.

-What is your career goal, if any?
While 'starting your own business' is extremely clich? and most common answer people give, I remain sceptical about such things. Those things don't just happen, you need to work for them.

I do aim for a specific job as a employee (not perse manager, could be) which might make me somewhat known in the country, but not too known. Don't intend to be famous but I do intend to be successful and knowledgeable (hopefully).

-If one were to take a trip to the Netherlands, what would be the 1 place you would recommend as a must-visit?
Madurodam.

What are your views on the portrayal of charisma breakage?
Absolutely unforgivable! That those artists dare to do such things to the Mistress. [

If it's not acceptable is some cases, how does Shino make it so? (Like I already know, but I want your views.  :derp: )
Shino on the other hand keeps doing it, in a fashioned way. Her charisma breaks are superiour. Maybe because she actually treats the characters in her own sense and then performs unsuspecting break due to an event while other artists just randomly make her cry like cheek pinching and similar stuff.

Oh, and before I forget...

Pick someone (Touhou) to fight against Remilia (preferably someone she hasn't met)  in what you would think to be an epic encounter and something to write about. XD
The Mistress would not bother with such things. It not worth her time. Though, Prime Minister of The Netherlands, Mark Rutte. People claim he is charismatic, young, fresh and good leader in the cabinet. He could be taught a lesson to learn his place. (though I wonder if it w ould be 'epic')

You're an admirer of Remilia; what is your opinion on the other residents of the SDM?
The Mistress' friends and servants are just as valued as she is. SDM members canon is pretty solid and it allows artists to turn it into their own 'Dark Tewi' and produce awesome, enjoyable and dramatic work out of it. Lady Patchouli seems a bit strict and harsh in some official ZUNdialogues but still, they are all enjoyable.

SDM has the family charm, like Eientei and the Yakumos. Pitty Chireiden isn't often portrayed like that or often with missing characters.

How are the public libraries where you live?
Enjoyable and useful and civil. Though I haven't stepped in one for the last 12 years.

What non-Touhou games do you enjoy?
I don't play a lot of games anymore. Lack of time/interest. My habits change and shift between games. For example, I picked up Diablo II again (Damn you Pesco). My classmates forced me into Dwarf Fortress, so occasionally do that.

Though I used to be pretty addictive Unreal Tournament 1 and Tomb Raider player few years ago.

When did you first play age of empires? Ever played online on the zone?
1996, from a German Demo CD which was attached in a magazine. We bought the magazine with my elder sister because it contained walkthrough for Tomb Raider 1. I bought the game when it got released. (I still have the CD btw!)

1998, when we got dial-up internet (56k YEAH) I started playing on the zone.net. That is also how I got my nickname: Helepolis_H which I simplified to Helepolis for the rest of my interwab life.

Who is the worst/most underpowered DotS heroine, in your opinion?
Ah Mr. Headcrabs. This is hard to answer because 'underpowered' is influenced by teammates, the girls in your team and your enemies. In singular isolated situations based on their skills, I would say

Who's the best/most overpowered?
Koishi. But same as previous question.

Elaborate on all the specific changes related to your position that are bound to happen with the introduction of the new premium service MikoPics.

Who is the Purvis?
A man who keeps turning things into diamonds.

What do you feel the greatest problem the forum has ever faced is?
Maintaining the Touhou addict section. It is like the place people will visit. We've had some terrible threads and it is good thing those are gone and strict rules are made regarding them.

How much you bench, bro? (In real measurements, not kilopascals or whatever you use)
Let me tell you bro. I struggle between 60 and 70 Kg, I am not much of a powerhouse anyway.

If you were to give the human race a letter grade for its performance so far, what would you give it (pluses and minuses included) ?
Oh dear... I'll just name the minuses because the pluses are something you shouldn't be proud of, you should be worried of minuses existing:
(-) Scamming people with their so called price influences due to events (1 euro 75 per liter for benzine? you got to be kidding me. Sense makes none.)
(-) Selfishness. One for all and all for Me
(-) Arrogance. Riding on the back of others, stabbing down friends to make him/herself better.
(-) Unreliability. Unreliable humans are worse than an unreliable piece of machine like let us say, a phone.
(-) Trust.

Where do you draw your inspiration from?
Music and certain artwork, a combination of them is even better. All 'inspirational' work I outputted, whether it be drawing, creating something or building scripts/levels has always been supported by music.

Go home and be a family man?
I prefer to remain the Student for now.

On a scale from 1 to 10, how fun is DotS?
Fun rating: 6. It is a RPG-Strategy game. It will create anger, it will create raging it will cause both enjoyable and non-enjoyable moments. I rated it 6 because the game balance is bad. It used to be a 8 when the game wasn't messed up.

Best thing ever?
Music. Without it, I have no idea what I would do.

What games do you play?
See above similar question =3

Do you own any certain item that means a lot to you?
A little plush toy which is attached to my keychain, a gift from my elder sister. While the item was worth only 1,75 euro, it was her own birthday when she gave it to me.

Not so serious question:
Should the Scarlet Devil Mansion have their own shrine?
Hakurei Reimu would drop a giant Yin Yang ball on top of that and the mansion.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 08:29:13 PM by Helepolis »

Molten

• Just a lil' goblin
  • A sweet potato.
« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2011, 12:46:11 PM »
Would you recommend people to try out DotS?

and What's your favorite color?

communist unity (comm-unity)

• Boss of the Gym
  • 100% salt
« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2011, 12:51:02 PM »
Favorite age of empires race?
Why does rambo remilia never work?  :derp:

Mimachiro

• Master of the Swimsuit
  • Making being an evil spirit look good
    • Tondemonai
« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2011, 01:42:54 PM »
What's the best outfit the mistress could wear?

If the mistress asked to feat upon you, how would you respond?

If you were forced out of the mistress' service, where would you take up residence?

"I don't have anything against you, but I hope you're ready to die a dog's death!
Oh, don't worry, that cat will carry off your body, so you'll be able to live in our place!"

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2011, 03:37:01 PM »
Would you recommend people to try out DotS?
If you like strategy games with a tat of RPG, yes.

and What's your favorite color?
Red

Favorite age of empires race?
Greek, the Helepolis are just frikken strong units against most units excluding catapults.

Why does rambo remilia never work?  :derp:
Because the devs fucked up Hakkero item.

What's the best outfit the mistress could wear?
Elegant red dress? Her Koumajou no Densetsu II outfit seems very nice as well.

If the mistress asked to feat upon you, how would you respond?
'feat' ?
* Helepolis blinks and tilts heads slightly to the side.

If you were forced out of the mistress' service, where would you take up residence?
My house.

« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2011, 04:15:54 PM »
'feat' ?
* Helepolis blinks and tilts heads slightly to the side.

I believe the intended word was "feast". As in draining some of your blood.

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
  • I suddenly feel like I ate a crowbar.
« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2011, 07:54:03 PM »
Y u so no answer?
[20:45:19] Ciryano: come and behold why they call it the Panzerfaust
[20:45:39] Hakurei Reimu: ... because it shoots once and then you throw it out?
                                                                                   .

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2011, 08:30:21 PM »
Y u so no answer?
Ask, and you shall learn.

Mimachiro

• Master of the Swimsuit
    • Tondemonai
« Reply #39 on: May 19, 2011, 09:59:20 PM »
I was tired this morning. :derp:
If the mistress asked to feast on you, how would you respond?

What's the best place to be in the mansion?

What's the best painting in the mistress' collection?

"I don't have anything against you, but I hope you're ready to die a dog's death!
Oh, don't worry, that cat will carry off your body, so you'll be able to live in our place!"

« Reply #40 on: May 19, 2011, 10:27:00 PM »
What would you do at 4 o'clock in the morning? That is, if you had the urge to get up around then.

« Reply #41 on: May 19, 2011, 10:53:00 PM »
Favorite literary work you've read?
In hindsight, do you think your test run of Mafia was fun?
Did you ever do that Dormio curbstomping in DotS you promised?

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #42 on: May 20, 2011, 11:13:57 PM »
If the mistress asked to feast on you, how would you respond?
"Mistress, my bloodtype is O+"

What's the best place to be in the mansion?
The bedroom of the Mi--

< Radio contact lost, please watch warmly as we try to reconnect... >

What's the best painting in the mistress' collection?
I am too stupid to recognize them. Not much of an art lover in form of paintings.

What would you do at 4 o'clock in the morning? That is, if you had the urge to get up around then.
I would instinctively stroll to the kitchen make some tea then stroll back to my bedroom to think: "fuck, why am I up?"

Favorite literary work you've read?
I kind of detest literary work. I only read it if forced, so I cannot say I am quickly impressed by literary. I rather read a nice story book.

In hindsight, do you think your test run of Mafia was fun?
It was so-so. The environment I've been in wasn't newbie friendly though it was fun to play. But extremely time intensive, way more than being the host of a board game and such.

Did you ever do that Dormio curbstomping in DotS you promised?
He keeps teaming up with me, so I cannot kick his ass =|

Mimachiro

• Master of the Swimsuit
    • Tondemonai
« Reply #43 on: May 21, 2011, 12:04:48 AM »
Why do you detest literary work?

What's your favorite form of entertainment?

You take your tea straight, or do you add things to it?

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #44 on: May 22, 2011, 08:06:39 AM »
Why do you detest literary work?
I have no idea, it is plain boring. While reading it might be useful information or educational, I just don't feel like it.

What's your favorite form of entertainment?
Hanging out with a group of known friends either doing activities or just talking randomly and having fun laughing.

You take your tea straight, or do you add things to it?
Straight, though I tried the classical stuff (milk / honey).

WHEN ARE WE GOING TO PLAY AOE2 AGAIN?
WHEN YOU FIXED YOUR BLOODY ROUTER ACIDUS. >=[

Mimachiro

• Master of the Swimsuit
    • Tondemonai
« Reply #45 on: May 22, 2011, 10:44:56 AM »
What's the most difficult challenge you've ever overcome?

How do you approach a major challenge in your life?

What's your outlook on the future of the world?

« Reply #46 on: May 22, 2011, 11:05:19 AM »
Just what is a "Helepolis" and why do you don such a moniker?

Bio

• resident walker
« Reply #47 on: May 22, 2011, 11:34:31 AM »
A SIEGE ENGINE OF MASS TOWERNESS.
No seriously what is it.

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
« Reply #48 on: May 23, 2011, 05:32:09 AM »
Ask, and you shall learn.
Wait what but I did, and you didn't answer D:
                                                                                   .

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #49 on: May 23, 2011, 02:09:27 PM »
UNREAL TOURNAMENT '99.
'99

And, uh, hao2balancework/study/life?

Also, why is your accent so awesome?
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 02:11:04 PM by Caedo Ergo Sum »

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #50 on: May 23, 2011, 03:13:53 PM »
Wait what but I did, and you didn't answer D:
ORZ , it was listed in the major quote post but I forgot to fill it in  ORZ. My apologies =/

Elaborate on all the specific changes related to your position that are bound to happen with the introduction of the new premium service MikoPics.
My position isn't much affected by the changes on the forum, if that is what you tried to ask. I am a moderator of RikaNitori and BunBunMaru. I don't know what MikoPics is going to bring us, but the test run done by Miss TSO surely promised us good things. Surely it will also help hosting images easier without breaching the image rules.

What's the most difficult challenge you've ever overcome?
Growing up. No I am seriously, growing up is for everybody a challenge which has to be overcome each and every single time. It isn't just about growing up to 'become an adult'. More like mentally growing up, achieving things in real life. Focussing your mind on the next thing ahead.

How do you approach a major challenge in your life?
Determination and confidence. I use these two as a base. If you do not have a goal, it is useless. If you have no confidence in your skills and self, better just go cry in a corner. Yes, sounds harsh and tough, but it has been mostly the base for me.

However, I thank god I never had major challenges in terms of health and such. Surely there are plenty of people both I know and I don't know who try to overcome it every single day. The challenges I had were merely related to school or a job. Don't know if I should consider them major, but they still feel like major accomplishments.

What's your outlook on the future of the world?
I don't bother much with the future aside than thinking now and then about what I want to become. I don't plan things ahead too much unless they are of interest. Living a schedule is a boring life.

A SIEGE ENGINE OF MASS TOWERNESS.
No seriously what is it.
A Helepolis is originally a gigantic siege tower which consisted out of several floors. Each floor had hatches which could be opened to fire arrows, pour down hot oil or just fire large ballistic arrows using giant crossbows. The tower even had a drawbridge to overcome the castle walls and also a ram to RAM INTO DOORS.

Though this is the real Helepolis we are talking about, my nickname originally comes from the Age of Empires 1 unit, which is actually a 'Ballista' but the elite version was Helepolis which fired twice as fast and longer range.

JUST LOOK AT THE FIERY FIRE EMITTING FROM THE UNIT ICON.

It was my favourite unit in Age of Empires, thus I quickly settled myself with Helepolis_H on the Zone.com (Helepolis was already taken, orz)

Come to think of it, I always wanted to be the Red colour in any game. This is 1998 we are talking about, it seems the Mistress was already slowly pulling my fate towards her.

UNREAL TOURNAMENT '99.
'99
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unreal_Tournament

Does it read UT99 in the title?

NO

"Retrospectively, the game has also been referred to as UT99 or UT Classic to differentiate it from its numbered sequels."

No, it is just called 'UT' , only silly people who wanted to be 'famous' just like forced-memes call it 'UT99' or UT classic. This is why wikis in general are horrible material. sigh*

I'll kick your ass when UT server comes, Dormio :3

And, uh, hao2balancework/study/life?
Maintain a healthy sleep pattern. I kind of question why people wreck themselves by sacrificing sleep for some, in my opinion, silly gaming or w/e. I personally do not believe in sleep deprive or other similar cases. At the end, the individual person him or herself is responsible for it. Sure, some people have it tough due to terrible RL situations or other mental/physical issues. Those cannot help it, they wish they could. But the rest? Questions...

Also, why is your accent so awesome?
Is it? I never considered my accent to be something unique or special. Not in comparison to Pesco.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 03:15:38 PM by Helepolis »

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #51 on: May 23, 2011, 04:23:10 PM »
You're gonna do the voiceovers for Cain/Rinnosuke, Elzix/Tatsumi and Griez/Tenji.

« Reply #52 on: May 24, 2011, 03:57:01 AM »
[20:50] <HangedHourai> go get curbstomped by helepolis
[20:50] <Dormio|Library> meh 
[20:50] <Dormio|Library> remilia is a pushover

Where is the stomping?

And I was also told to
'99

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #53 on: May 24, 2011, 03:58:26 AM »
'99
'99

[13:51] <Dormio|Library> I like how you leave out the important part

[13:50] <Dormio|Library> remilia is a pushover as long as you can dodge gungnirs
[13:50] <Dormio|Library> of course, with 2s delay.......

Those Gungnirs hurt. ;_;
Also, GHGM, Cyclone and the like really hurts Remilia's lategame now.

Oh, and how long have you been playing the guitar?
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 04:01:14 AM by Caedo Ergo Sum »

Mimachiro

• Master of the Swimsuit
    • Tondemonai
« Reply #54 on: May 24, 2011, 10:49:13 AM »
What is the proper way to treat those who bash the mistress?

How far back can you trace the mistress' influence on your life?

How far would you go for the mistress' wellbeing?

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #55 on: May 24, 2011, 02:50:29 PM »
SO HELE, WHY IS REMILIA SUCH AN AWFUL CHARACTER?

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #56 on: May 24, 2011, 04:19:31 PM »
You're gonna do the voiceovers for Cain/Rinnosuke, Elzix/Tatsumi and Griez/Tenji.
Is that so?

'99

'99
* Helepolis shakes his head.  ** My Lady, these people don't know what will hit them when I get to play UT with them **

Nothing. The Mistress' powers will punish them without any effort.

How far back can you trace the mistress' influence on your life?
Well... so far only back to 1998 due to Age of Empires constant red colour.  Coincidence or Fate?

How far would you go for the mistress' wellbeing?
I would die for her She doesn't exist.

SO HELE, WHY IS REMILIA SUCH AN AWFUL CHARACTER?
Actually, she is.

Today I was reading PMiSS once more and I forgot that Remilia is infact a childish selfish little bitch. She is badass, she is the mistress she is just plain awfully evil and egoistic. Sometimes I wonder how Miss Izayoi handles her or her SDM citizens. 10.5 proved she was pretty awful. PMiSS proves it, BAiJR as well.

But I like her for this reason. I like her for the reason her appearance and canon facts are simply awesome.

I don't get how people can consider Reimu their waifu :V They wouldn't last 5minutes in her presence

Infy♫

• Demonic★Moe
« Reply #57 on: May 24, 2011, 06:09:57 PM »
remilia scarlet or sucuklu tost?
got a saz yet?
hows the study going?
wheres my dance contest game?!!

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
« Reply #58 on: May 24, 2011, 08:25:54 PM »
My position isn't much affected by the changes on the forum, if that is what you tried to ask. I am a moderator of RikaNitori and BunBunMaru. I don't know what MikoPics is going to bring us, but the test run done by Miss TSO surely promised us good things. Surely it will also help hosting images easier without breaching the image rules.
TSO stated that the BunBunMaru staff would be responsible for sorting and approving/rejecting submissions to MikoPics. I assumed either you would take part in that or the staff would just select more BunBuns to fill the role, just sharing the name. I was wondering if you knew anything about that, so

I don't get how people can consider Reimu their waifu :V They wouldn't last 5minutes in her presence
Excuse me, sir. She's nobody's waifu, she's just lovely.
                                                                                   .

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #59 on: May 24, 2011, 08:36:20 PM »
remilia scarlet or sucuklu tost?
Sucuklu tost.

got a saz yet?
Nope, also not intending to get one any more I think, but a new electric guitar.

hows the study going?
Tomorrow I got a meeting with a company to formally decide certain things so I can start graduating.

wheres my dance contest game?!!
Where is my inspiration =[[

TSO stated that the BunBunMaru staff would be responsible for sorting and approving/rejecting submissions to MikoPics. I assumed either you would take part in that or the staff would just select more BunBuns to fill the role, just sharing the name. I was wondering if you knew anything about that, so
Oh that is what you meant. Logically, yes. Just like the news section, it will require processing submissions etc. That is going to be quite the important exciting task.

If people submit busty stuff, naturally I will appr--  < Contact was lost >

Excuse me, sir. She's nobody's waifu, she's just lovely.
Tell that to the Remilia lovers.