Author Topic: Ask a Staffer Ep. 14 - Helepolis  (Read 41696 times)

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
Ask a Staffer Ep. 14 - Helepolis
« on: May 18, 2011, 06:58:02 AM »
« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 07:02:39 AM by Sanya S. Rurovyak »

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
Re: Ask a Staffer Ep. 14 - Helepolis
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2011, 07:04:07 AM »
What music is that in the background?

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2011, 07:05:37 AM »
How much tea does it take to fill your charisma?

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2011, 07:10:28 AM »
Being in the News group, how do you hunt for stories?  What sources do you usually use, and how much cooperation with others do you have in order to get news circulating as quickly as you do?  Anything else interesting about it?

Mimachiro

• Master of the Swimsuit
  • Making being an evil spirit look good
    • Tondemonai
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2011, 10:13:02 AM »
What kind of tea is that?

That watch real?

What'cha read'n?

"I don't have anything against you, but I hope you're ready to die a dog's death!
Oh, don't worry, that cat will carry off your body, so you'll be able to live in our place!"

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2011, 11:10:12 AM »
What music is that in the background?
Ah, Miss Sakura. How is the Smooth Ladies doing? send my regards to miss Verezis, Kurobara and Sukima. The song you speak of is named 'Sanji No Gochisou' which is from One Piece OST #3, it contains Sanji's theme and the piece of music at 2:16

How much tea does it take to fill your charisma?
Depends on the brand and flavour. A cup of Earl Grey will maximize it, a second cup will cause side effects. Strawberry flavour, which I drink in the morning, fills up about 50% to avoid troublesome situations. In Holland, most people think 'Pickwick' or 'Lipton' is best tea around. I'd say wrong. 'West Minster' is a brand which has strongest flavour and better taste.

Being in the News group, how do you hunt for stories?  What sources do you usually use, and how much cooperation with others do you have in order to get news circulating as quickly as you do?  Anything else interesting about it?
To be honest, BunBunMaru for me is quite troublesome. Mainly because I live in GMT+1 timezone. US von A people benefit from Japans future time zone, thus if something is announced or released, they will most likely hear it first. I often have to rush to keep up with the information. Thankfully, several people on IRC notify me of things and information. I am thankful for them. I mostly check some forums and ZUN's official blog or ask a Japanese friend I have on MSN about certain news.

Still, it is quite troublesome. Ayayaa...

What kind of tea is that?
West Minster - Earl Grey tea

That watch real?
Yes, the watch is real. A gift from my grandfather who got it from his own father. He passed it down to me so I can pass it down to my children in the future. It works if I wind it up, but I keep forgetting to wind it up daily so I just leave it there.

What'cha read'n?
Local Dutch news paper.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2011, 12:10:50 PM »
Why is your teacup so damn huge?

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2011, 01:53:46 PM »
Are we still planning a simultaneous PoSR and Dance Contest release? I estimate I will be done after Duke Nukem Forever but before Half-Life Episode 3.

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2011, 02:40:42 PM »
How long have you been interested in Touhou, and what drew you to it?

Are there any non-Touhou shooters you enjoy?

Also, not a question, but that is a damn classy OP.
Let's fight.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2011, 02:49:22 PM »
Are we still planning a simultaneous PoSR and Dance Contest release? I estimate I will be done after Duke Nukem Forever but before Half-Life Episode 3.

Lord of Maidens might be done before the both of yours :smug:

What is your workout routine at the gym?

Why are you still unable to beat the gym leader?

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2011, 03:03:59 PM »
Are those the kind of shirts you regularly wear? They give you a nice professional look.

Where'd you get a clear teacup? I don't think I've ever seen them before.

I'm assuming that English isn't your first language; how easy/hard was it for you to learn?

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2011, 03:55:18 PM »
Why is your teacup so damn huge?
Huge? Dear Sir Roukan, that is merely my special enjoyment cup. What I normally use in the mornings and evenings is larger.

I wish that was possible Sir Stuffer. Unfortunately, inspiration is something that has to come naturally. Without it, it is going to be for now a Duke Nukem Forever.

How long have you been interested in Touhou, and what drew you to it?
December 2008, I was playing MUGEN when I saw this using Hatsune Miku

Somehow it kept me wondering: "Who is that?" After asking, someone told me: "Inaba Tewi, imperishable night, youtube it" So I did and ended up with a Imperishable Night stage 4b, when I heard the stage music, and seen Marisa's patterns I got struck by the music and game. I had play this game.

So December 2008 up to 2011 now... that is quite some time ago. Oh my.

Are there any non-Touhou shooters you enjoy?
non-Touhou shooters as in top-view scrolling bullethell / similar types? If you mean that, no. I have watched videos and such of other games in the same genre, but not really drawn into it.

Also, not a question, but that is a damn classy OP.
Everything for  the sake of Lady Scarlet.

What is your workout routine at the gym?
I follow 2 schedules A = arms + chest  B = legs + back/shoulders. Proximately 2-3 sets per muscle group. Today (actually in a few minutes) It will be schedule B.

Why are you still unable to beat the gym leader?
My level 20 beadrill seems to be weak.

Are those the kind of shirts you regularly wear? They give you a nice professional look.
For work and University I mostly wear them yes. But as soon as the temperatures go up, I often switch to more comfortable clothing with short sleeves.

Where'd you get a clear teacup? I don't think I've ever seen them before.
I've no idea exactly. Think you need to check your local plate and kitchenstuff seller?

I'm assuming that English isn't your first language; how easy/hard was it for you to learn?
I am Dutch / Turkish. Dutch people, and Turkish, are generally known to speak horrible English. Though thank god I started picking up the language at a young age (age of 6) by watching lot's of English spoken shows/cartoons. I still occasionally mess up grammar and spelling or few words :V but we got people who help me correct them.

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2011, 03:59:25 PM »
That is the last week's paper, isn't it?

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2011, 04:11:00 PM »
How in the world does your clock tell you that we have one week?

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2011, 04:16:09 PM »
Why am I your favorite?

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2011, 04:28:15 PM »
Obligatory how did you find MotK?
Obligatory how did you become a staff member?
What the heck is a Bunbunmaru and what do you DO as a member of staff?

WHO'S THAT CONTRACTORMON?! IS IT KYUUBEY?
<@Helepolis> @choose Hakurei or Moriya or Myouren <---- What's with this weird contest you do on IRC with Keine and why do you do this?
How did you become a student of the great Shino?

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2011, 05:35:35 PM »
That is the last week's paper, isn't it?
I- I have no idea what you are talking about. I should tell this to Miss Meiling whether Miss Shameimaru has already brought this week's paper. Wait, I am Bu----

* Helepolis quickly sips tea

How in the world does your clock tell you that we have one week?
Kappa did some modifications to it. Thanks Miss Kawashiro =)

Why am I your favorite?
Are you? :V

Each staffer/acolyte is for me a favourite in his or her own way and form.

Obligatory how did you find MotK?
After playing some Imperishable Night, I stumbled on self-made scripts on youtube. After finding 'Danmakufu' (the scripting tool) I started fooling around. Logically, one will soon find himself stuck thus I started seeking help and ended up through google at Motk RikaNitori. It was my first appearance as 'just another member'

Obligatory how did you become a staff member?
That is a good question and the thing is strange. I became a BunBunMaru as a volunteer after Miss TSO asked generally if people were up to write articles and stuff for the news section. I didn't knew I got treated as a level of staff, though I had no powers. Not only as BunBunMaru, also as a member I contributed with love and care for Danmakufu scripting.

Later on Stuffman ragequit decided to take it more easy with RikaNitori and stepped down as moderator. I probably got nominated as suitable replacement as I was a Danmakufu addict and already passively being a lesser-staff. It was approximately 8 or 10 months after I was registered on Motk.

What the heck is a Bunbunmaru and what do you DO as a member of staff?
BunBunMaru is awesome red colour status which allows us to freely post news item at the news section, without waiting for approval from administrators or moderators. My job is to regulate and organize the news. I am not the only one as other BunBunMaru members are flying around, but they are so fast and busy you'll often won't spot them.

I like to write articles for new Touhou games in a more 'objective' form. (see my last 10D article). Though it is not easy.

WHO'S THAT CONTRACTORMON?! IS IT KYUUBEY?

Nope! It is

Knived Kyuubey!
Thank you Miss Izayoi

<@Helepolis> @choose Hakurei or Moriya or Myouren <---- What's with this weird contest you do on IRC with Keine and why do you do this?
Daily Faith. A silly game I started a year or more ago with "choose your faith! between Kanako Yukari en Eirin.

I cannot exactly remember anymore. In #Shrinemaiden (irc) there was some random discussion about Yuyuko, Yukari, Eirin, Kanako such as faith and favourite and the never ending Kanako vs Suwako discussions. Eventually, Kanako took the lead and 'won'.  But now that those ladies are gone, it is time for serious faith between Hakurei, Moriya and Myouren.

This time, Hakurei Reimu has to win.

How did you become a student of the great Shino?
Hmmmm

* Helepolis sips tea.

Browsing Danbooru, I quickly followed 2 favourite artists:  Morino Hon and Colonel Aki, after that I discovered Ponjiyuusu Shino and liked her unique drawing style (just like Hon and Aki). After reading her 'Memories of me Playing Touhou' I was highly amused.

Shino is in my opinion the best self-insert artist.

PS EDIT! I AM NOT THAT PERVERTED AS HER THOUGH.

« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 05:37:53 PM by Helepolis »

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2011, 05:40:18 PM »
How good are you at the Touhou games? What's your favourite?

What's your favourite era of history?

If you could just observe any era of history without interacting with it in any way, what location in space-time would you choose to watch?

Silent Harmony

• Everybody needs the Pharmarcy
  • Justice never dies!
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2011, 06:16:38 PM »
Why is Remilia your favorite?
What drew you to the guitar?

1CC List (all shmups)
League of Legends / Battle.net: Harmony11(#1694)

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2011, 06:30:29 PM »
What causes charisma?
There was something here once. Wonder what...

7TC7

• In best company
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2011, 07:27:48 PM »
Are you Danmakufu-Youtube-tutorials done and finished with or is there a possibility of more to come? I kinda found them really intriguing.

Like, don't STOP HELEPOLIS!!

Also, the full picture of your avatare?
< picture leads to my YouTube channel

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
  • Cat R?lyeh wgah?nagl fhtagn.
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2011, 08:06:52 PM »
What is your sweetest guitarwork?

Considering the setup, why didn't you start your speech with "Greetings..."?

Knived Kyuubey!
Oh got, now he's armed with knives? RUN! D:
Old Danmakufu stuff can be found here!

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2011, 08:20:25 PM »
How good are you at the Touhou games? What's your favourite?
I am not where near the level of those known Lunatic players. I am between Hard and Lunatic I think. Managed to clear 10D Demo Hard in 2 tries, but don't know if that means anything.

Anybody normal (no body or mental issues) can become a skilled Touhou players. The question is, do you want to invest time?

What's your favourite era of history?
The ancient civilizations such as ancient Greek and Egypt. I always got fascinated by them.

If you could just observe any era of history without interacting with it in any way, what location in space-time would you choose to watch?
Kind of having hard time to decide whether I should watch the ancient civs or the Rise and Fall of the Ottoman empire. Kind of interesting history there.

Why is Remilia your favorite?
Actually, I have no favourite Touhou.

All Touhou girls are in my eyes neutral, except a few of them 'stand out' because of their canonic background. Example I respect Keine as a teacher and Eiki as the Judge etc.

Remilia... she became my favourite because I got instantly, and I mean INSTANTLY struck by her EoSD portrait combined with her boss theme. I have no idea why that happened. Must have been her... Charisma?

Edit: Note: favourite here becomes, respected/admired.

What drew you to the guitar?
Initially, metal songs and jazz songs did. Like Eric Clapton, Jimi Hendrix but also more rougher stuff like Metallica, Iron Maiden. After Touhou's great musical influence, I started pondering if I should play a keyboard or a guitar. Well it became the guitar.

What causes charisma?
Social interaction and behaviour.

Are you Danmakufu-Youtube-tutorials done and finished with or is there a possibility of more to come? I kinda found them really intriguing.

Like, don't STOP HELEPOLIS!!
Time to time people ask me this in PM, on youtube and probably here. I kind of covered all the basic things and some minor advanced things. Also making tutorials for advanced things is painful effort. Mainly because it is very difficult to explain. The written tutorials are far better for these cases.

Also, the full picture of your avatare?

Source: http://danbooru.donmai.us/post/show/909216/adapted_costume-arm_up-bat_wings-dain-dress-hat-je

Ah... every time I see this picture. It just----------------------------------------------  Why you do this!

What is your sweetest guitarwork?
Broken Moon is extremely joyful to play on the guitar.

Considering the setup, why didn't you start your speech with "Greetings..."?
Only required when I am working in the SDM. Lady Scarlet told me I could have some time of my own and spread the propaganda word about the Scarlet Devil Mansion.
(it was actually early when I made this. And didn't even had breakfast yet)
« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 08:22:39 PM by Helepolis »

Silent Harmony

• Everybody needs the Pharmarcy
  • Justice never dies!
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2011, 08:52:03 PM »
-More charismatic: the most interesting vampire in Gensokyo, or the most interesting man in the world?

-If these two ever met, what would happen?

-What is your career goal, if any?

-If one were to take a trip to the Netherlands, what would be the 1 place you would recommend as a must-visit?

1CC List (all shmups)
League of Legends / Battle.net: Harmony11(#1694)

Tamashii Kanjou

• If you didn't quite already know...
  • I am the leader of TCF <3
    • TCF's Gaming Channel
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2011, 10:22:44 PM »
What are your views on the portrayal of charisma breakage?

If it's not acceptable is some cases, how does Shino make it so? (Like I already know, but I want your views.  :derp: )

Oh, and before I forget...

Pick someone (Touhou) to fight against Remilia (preferably someone she hasn't met)  in what you would think to be an epic encounter and something to write about. XD

« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2011, 10:34:39 PM »
You're an admirer of Remilia; what is your opinion on the other residents of the SDM?

How are the public libraries where you live?

What non-Touhou games do you enjoy?

communist unity (comm-unity)

• Boss of the Gym
  • 100% salt
« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2011, 10:47:38 PM »
When did you first play age of empires? Ever played online on the zone?
Who is the worst/most underpowered DotS heroine, in your opinion?
Who's the best/most overpowered?

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
  • I suddenly feel like I ate a crowbar.
« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2011, 11:26:36 PM »
Elaborate on all the specific changes related to your position that are bound to happen with the introduction of the new premium service MikoPics.
[20:45:19] Ciryano: come and behold why they call it the Panzerfaust
[20:45:39] Hakurei Reimu: ... because it shoots once and then you throw it out?
                                                                                   .

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2011, 03:55:14 AM »
Who is the Purvis?

What do you feel the greatest problem the forum has ever faced is?

How much you bench, bro? (In real measurements, not kilopascals or whatever you use)

Fetch()tirade

• serial time-waster
« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2011, 04:50:53 AM »
If you were to give the human race a letter grade for its performance so far, what would you give it (pluses and minuses included) ?

Where do you draw your inspiration from?

Go home and be a family man?