Author Topic: Ask A Staffer Edda 11 - Nobu  (Read 55073 times)

Fetch()tirade

• serial time-waster
Re: Ask A Staffer Edda 11 - Nobu
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2011, 03:15:12 AM »
For the dark gods?

What was the last thing you ate?

What is your favorite car company?

What's that in your hand?

What is your least favorite number?

Are you superstitious?

Your three sizes?

Do you like spicy food?

What is your favorite color?

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2011, 03:24:01 AM »
M-Makers? Can you rephrase your question? O_o

As in any favorite brands of vodka?

My other question still stands: What do you like to mix vodka with? :3

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2011, 03:29:19 AM »
How good are you at the Touhou games?

What's your idea of a wonderful day, from morning to night?

What're your thoughts on Obama?

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2011, 03:37:54 AM »
So Nobu

I got this random DVD from A-F for a good deal.

It contains some...scandalous actions from you.

What would you do if I spread this around to every member of this place? :3

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2011, 05:25:33 AM »
Oh hell yes, rats.

What other small animals would you want to have around as pets?
There was something here once. Wonder what...

Mimachiro

• Master of the Swimsuit
  • Making being an evil spirit look good
    • Tondemonai
« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2011, 05:59:54 AM »
I had fun when I had four rats (only got one left, the rest died :( )

How many rats total would you get?

Why rats in particular?

What's the best name ever for a rat?

"I don't have anything against you, but I hope you're ready to die a dog's death!
Oh, don't worry, that cat will carry off your body, so you'll be able to live in our place!"

« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2011, 09:29:08 AM »
How do you think culture is catalyst for what society dictates is beautiful?

In your opinion, what is the manliest thing you have done (that you'd be willing to share)?

Nietz

• NEETz
  • Normal Person
« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2011, 10:28:39 AM »
Because language has always been something that has fascinated me from an earlier age, and it goes hand in hand with my interest in the academic study of humanity, specifically in the realms of culture and the mind.
Do you have any favorite languages, or group of languages?

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2011, 01:45:11 PM »
Obligatory why and how did you become a staff member?
Obligatory how did you find your way to MotK?
So what DO you do as a mod?

Well, the reason I wanted to become a staff member is because I really grew attached to the community and wanted to give back by helping out however possible. I had been considering applying for Shrine Janitor, and after Matsy had told me he just applied I decided to apply too. After a long while I requested to be bumped up to G. Mod since most of the current G.Mods had been bumped to Admin and I felt like I could better serve the community with a tag that more reflected the way I was already acting in a defacto manner.

Well, as a member of staff, so a major part of what I do is participate in discussion and bring my perspective to the table, weighing in on debates and bringing up ideas.  You can consider this sort of a 'baseline function' of anyone who carries that MotK Staff tag. As a Global Mod I can change people's tags, probate, do all the things that involve manipulation of topics and individual posts, and admonish/warn a user (and in theory be taken seriously). I'm trusted with *about* as much autonomy as any Admin, which is perhaps less than some would think, since any decisions of major import are made as a group, we either open up a full discussion in the staff forum or at the very least get a second opinion.

And believe you me, do we discuss everything to death in the staff forum before anyone sees even a hint of it on the surface. Probations, bannings, 'What do do with user X who keeps Ying", "What's the best way to do XXX". You name it, and we've probably discussed it to death.  My biggest pet peeve when I see criticism of staff is the "What were you thinking?"/"This obviously wasn't well thought out"/"Those staff bitches be tripping up on our grills for no reason". Because by then we had probably already been discussing the issue (and those discussions can get pretty heated!) for upwards of a week or more.

Why haven't you come back to Japan yet?

Do you dislike your girlfriend that much?

Bby you know I still love you  :blush: Lemme just take care of some things and I'll be sure to make it up to you when I come visiting again <3

What do you think of these punks bitin' my style?

Tell you what. You hold them down while I fetch a piece of rebar, and I'll tell you all about what I think.

For the dark gods?

What was the last thing you ate?

What is your favorite car company?

What's that in your hand?

What is your least favorite number?

Are you superstitious?

Your three sizes?

Do you like spicy food?

What is your favorite color?

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

Last thing I ate was FiberOne Honey Oats with fat free milk. :]

I don't have a favorite car company. I've driven in the past an '88 Lincoln Town Car, a '95 Mercury Sable, and currently drive a 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix GT (with a failing transmission gdi GM). I'd love a car that gets significantly more than 20 mpg though, whatever the company.

I have nothing in my hands (it'd be pretty hard to type otherwise y'know).

I don't think I have a least favorite number. There are a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooot of numbers that i'm indifferent about. Surprising.

I am very mildly superstitious, which has a lot to do with being suckered into the pace of a friend that is superstitious. So I usually will knock on wood whenever someone says something really dumb that I don't want happening, but it's more a quirk than something that I seriously stress out about. Knocking on wood is probably the extent that I am any kinds of superstitious.

Sizes: Self measuring I am roughly 38-33-38 apparently. I'm not very curvaceous...yet! Still holding out hope!

I looooooove spicy food, but i'm not great with really really spicy stuff. I eat jalapenos and pepper jack cheese and sprinkle red pepper flakes on pretty much everything I can though.

And lastly, my favorite color is blue. And black.

As in any favorite brands of vodka?

My other question still stands: What do you like to mix vodka with? :3

Effen! It's sooo smooth. When you first crack it open, you can seriously take a shot of that and swish it around in your mouth without it burning. And i'm not even that good with imbibing alcohol either. http://www.effenvodka.com/

I need to figure out more fancy mixes to add to my repetoire, but I typically mix vodka with tonic water or orange juice. When I'm not drinking it straight (more common).

How good are you at the Touhou games?

I'm right at the cusp of 1ccing Normal games and Xccing Hard games. I've 1cced every Windows game on Normal, but can't do it consistently.

And hm.... I think I'll answer your other two questions on my next iteration. This took longer than I thought, and i'm running sorta late this morning. :3 Plus, it'll give me time to think of a good response to the rest of these questions.
Tumblr (sometimes NSFW) | PM for Facebook

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #39 on: April 28, 2011, 03:54:40 PM »
How much you bench, bro?

Do you think you're getting a higher number of idiotic question than good ones than average?

What's your stance on the recent efforts in Cirno's?

How much stuff have you got cased from your old lab for stealing when you move to your new digs? Alternately, what did you take?

What advice would you give to aspiring technocrats?

How many 12 year olds do you think you can take at once?

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #40 on: April 28, 2011, 04:01:44 PM »
Effen! It's sooo smooth. When you first crack it open, you can seriously take a shot of that and swish it around in your mouth without it burning. And i'm not even that good with imbibing alcohol either. http://www.effenvodka.com/

I need to figure out more fancy mixes to add to my repetoire, but I typically mix vodka with tonic water or orange juice. When I'm not drinking it straight (more common).

All very good choices. :3 I don't drink it straight much cuz that gets expensive though.

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #41 on: April 28, 2011, 04:54:42 PM »
If you were a rhythm game what would you be?

Alfred F. Jones

« Reply #42 on: April 28, 2011, 04:58:08 PM »
How good are you at Touhou fangames?

What's your favourite era of history?

If you could just observe any era of history without interacting with it in any way, what location in space-time would you choose to watch?

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #43 on: April 28, 2011, 05:11:27 PM »
You always claimed you could play nice songs on the guitar. How about proving that now?

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #44 on: April 28, 2011, 06:01:13 PM »
First picks in drafting from every set before and including Ravnica? (You can leave out the sets you don't know)

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
  • Cat R?lyeh wgah?nagl fhtagn.
« Reply #45 on: April 28, 2011, 06:11:44 PM »
Who is currently your quest?
Old Danmakufu stuff can be found here!

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #46 on: April 28, 2011, 06:38:36 PM »

Honestly it wouldn't take much for me to consider a day wonderful.. a day where I wouldn't have to worry about imposing deadlines and got to spend it with people I enjoy my time with. Perhaps a romp around town or city or even just hanging around inside and playing video games or something. Looking forward to getting the opportunity to do that soon :3

As for Obama, he is a DIRTY ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT oh god why don't people see that he forged his birth certificate I mean cmon its in pdf form they didn't even HAVE pdfs in 1961

I got this random DVD from A-F for a good deal.

It contains some...scandalous actions from you.

What would you do if I spread this around to every member of this place? :3

Just make sure to tag it NSFW, and you've no issue from me. Otherwise PREPARE FOR BANHAMMER >:C

Oh hell yes, rats.

What other small animals would you want to have around as pets?

I love small animals, but I've only ever owned hamsters when I was a lot younger, and rats. I'd like to possibly own mice, chinchillas, or gerbils at some point perhaps, but I don't want to get overwhelmed and shortchange any one of them. I was considering once my new rats get settled in and I see how much time I have, to get a few mice since they wouldn't take up as much room and I could just house them in a mid-sized aquarium on my desk.

I had fun when I had four rats (only got one left, the rest died :( )

How many rats total would you get?

Why rats in particular?

What's the best name ever for a rat?

You should get another rat! Rats are very social and need companions, at least one other :C

Right now I'm considering at least 3, possibly 4 or 5. I'll be either adopting or getting them from a breeder, so it really depends on how many the rat rescue I know has and if the breeding schedules of the handful of ratteries I know match up.

Why rats? Well, my friend had mentioned that they make good pets and I've always found small animals adorable, and when I dug up more information about them the more I grew to love them. They're smart, affectionate, goofy, energetic, friendly, and sweet. They aren't douchebags like hamsters, and you can train them like they're little dogs.

As for best name, I have no idea yet. :< I'm terrible at coming up with names (partially because it takes me so long to decide on a good one).

How do you think culture is catalyst for what society dictates is beautiful?

In your opinion, what is the manliest thing you have done (that you'd be willing to share)?

Oh god this sounds like an anthro thesis paper. I think culture and society are both too vague of terms to where saying something like 'culture very strongly influences society's beliefs on beauty' is useful. Our beliefs and dispositions are very much shaped by the environment we are raised in. We can find evidence that on average humans may tend towards certain body proportions over another, but these effects are subtle ones.

Manliest thing, huh? Hmm.... I one saved my friend's little sister's life by catching her from falling off a patio backwards into a bed of rocks with one hand, when she leaned back too far on her chair. What was spectacular about that was that I caught her with my right hand which was holding a burger at the time, and after lifting her back up to safety realized I had shoved the burger into my pocket in the heat of the moment.

Do you have any favorite languages, or group of languages?

I don't have any favorite languages as of yet, because I feel I still know way too little about the languages of the world to arrive at a favorite as of yet.

How much you bench, bro?

Do you think you're getting a higher number of idiotic question than good ones than average?

What's your stance on the recent efforts in Cirno's?

How much stuff have you got cased from your old lab for stealing when you move to your new digs? Alternately, what did you take?

What advice would you give to aspiring technocrats?

How many 12 year olds do you think you can take at once?

I can bench like eleventy billion pounds, bro.

I don't know if my questions are more or less idiotic than average, I'd have to put everyone's questions side by side and compare. And I can find better ways to spend my time.

Re: Cirno's - The 24-hour lock was too short, and I'm not sure about the 72-hour one yet. Of course, we couldn't have known that unless we tried it out first. I was one of the staffers that thought it was a good idea to try out the new system, and I don't think there's anything wrong with trying something different to see if it works better. I think that some moderation is necessary in a forum to keep things going smoothly, and if any place could truly thrive while completely 'self-moderated' then there'd be no reason to have moderators at all.

Re: Stealing stuff - If I wanted to I could probably make off with everything that isn't bolted down. If I wanted to. I have full access and the security guards trust me. Which is great since I'm almost always in casual garb when I'm here.

Re: Technocrats - Step lightly around Hermetics, because they are easily angered and can throw fireballs.

Re: 12 year olds - It depends on how big they are, and whether I or them are armed. Assuming completely unarmed, typical 12 year olds and me in an empty room.... 6 or 7? Less if I'm not trying to actually hurt any of them.

If you were a rhythm game what would you be?

IIDX 12: Happy Sky. Because I'm so happy, obv :] That or a Pop'n game, I'm not sure which.

How good are you at Touhou fangames?

What's your favourite era of history?

If you could just observe any era of history without interacting with it in any way, what location in space-time would you choose to watch?

I'm average. I haven't played a lot of them enough to beat them or learn them very well. Haven't even gotten to Patchy's castle in MegaMari or past the Scarlets in Mystical Chain yet.

Favorite era, hmm....  I don't think I have one :colonveeplusalpha: Don't hate me.

And ooh! That's a good question. Probably either ancient Egypt at the time the Pyramids were being built, Atlantis before it went kaput, or the time when Jesus was around. 

You always claimed you could play nice songs on the guitar. How about proving that now?

Sure, if you want to hear an mp3 of someone strumming G, C, and F chords for a couple of minutes. :fail:

First picks in drafting from every set before and including Ravnica? (You can leave out the sets you don't know)

Oh jeez, talk about easy questions. :P When I have more time I might answer this more fully, but seeing as i'm taking 15 minutes on this question with just Ravnica, a set I'm very familiar with, I'll just answer Ravnica commons and uncommons for now.

Common - Last Gasp or Faith's Fetters
Uncommon - Lightning Helix, Putrefy, or Moroii.

What I choose also has a lot to do with who all is sitting around the table with me, whether it's triple Ravnica or includes Guildpact and Dissention, etcetera. In triple Ravnica I'd likely try to force black since it's tied with green as the best color to work out of as a base, as you can go either B/U or B/G really easily. Or B/U/G, as I found myself doing quite often. I like red, but not in triple Ravnica. But if I crack open a Lightning Helix on the first pack... well, I can't exactly pass that up.

Who is currently your quest?

You are, Iryan. You are.

« Reply #47 on: April 28, 2011, 07:04:22 PM »
Why are you my favorite?

communist unity (comm-unity)

• Boss of the Gym
  • 100% salt
« Reply #48 on: April 28, 2011, 09:14:05 PM »
What do you think of me as a user? (criticisms allowed! :smug:)
How do you eat healthy while still being a cheap bastard?
You mentioned bodily curves; are you taking drugz for them, or do they just come naturally?
Favorite book?
Top five homestuck characters?
Do you read any webcomics besides MSPA?
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 12:29:15 AM by cranialCrustacean »

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #49 on: April 28, 2011, 09:43:04 PM »
What do you think of me in general? :3

Alfred F. Jones

« Reply #50 on: April 28, 2011, 10:12:35 PM »
If you could change any historical event to have an outcome of your choosing, what would it be and why?

What song do you like that you probably shouldn't like?

Mimachiro

• Master of the Swimsuit
  • Making being an evil spirit look good
    • Tondemonai
« Reply #51 on: April 28, 2011, 10:13:04 PM »
What's the dumbest thing you've ever done?

What's the craziest thing you've ever done?

What's the smartest thing you've ever done?

What's your crowning moment of awesome?

What would you like to achieve, as a human being?

"I don't have anything against you, but I hope you're ready to die a dog's death!
Oh, don't worry, that cat will carry off your body, so you'll be able to live in our place!"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #52 on: April 29, 2011, 12:13:14 AM »
So why do you like me better than the rest of these hose brains, eh?

How do you approach problems when moderating?

When am I getting those scandalous pictures?

If you could change one rule in the forum, what would it be?

What kinda games you like?

When you gonna get over here and kiss me, ya big lug?

« Reply #53 on: April 29, 2011, 12:49:20 AM »
When won't you not want to not do nothing?

How many "bu"s are in your name anyways Nobubububububububububububububububububu(bu)?

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
« Reply #54 on: April 29, 2011, 12:50:10 AM »
What would you say is the most annoying sound in the world, that would motivate you to stop whatever you're doing and pour all effort into finding out WTF it is and how to stop it from continuing?

« Reply #55 on: April 29, 2011, 01:47:33 AM »
What would you say is the most annoying sound in the world, that would motivate you to stop whatever you're doing and pour all effort into finding out WTF it is and how to stop it from continuing?
SEVEN AM WAKIN UP IN THE MORNING GOTTA BE FRESH GOTTA GO DOWNSTAIRS

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #56 on: April 29, 2011, 05:44:56 PM »
I haven't forgotten about this, I'm just not going to respond until I finish this stupid paper that I need to finish to graduate. :ohdear: Later this evening, most likely.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #57 on: April 29, 2011, 07:11:18 PM »
Am I in it?

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
  • I suddenly feel like I ate a crowbar.
« Reply #58 on: April 29, 2011, 07:17:06 PM »
^

We haven't talked in a while :derp:
[20:45:19] Ciryano: come and behold why they call it the Panzerfaust
[20:45:39] Hakurei Reimu: ... because it shoots once and then you throw it out?
                                                                                   .

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #59 on: April 30, 2011, 06:55:51 AM »
I think I'm going to break up these responses a bit.

Why are you my favorite?

Beats me. Because I call you by my affectionate nickname, ntcls?

:smokedcheese:

What do you think of me as a user? (criticisms allowed! :smug:)
How do you eat healthy while still being a cheap bastard?
You mentioned bodily curves; are you taking drugz for them, or do they just come naturally?
Favorite book?
Top five homestuck characters?
Do you read any webcomics besides MSPA?

Y'know for the longest I didn't make the connection that CranialCrustaceon = headcrabs. I don't even know what to think anymore omgah ;_;

Look at nutrition labels. Just get into the habit of looking at the labels of everything you eat (or are thinking about eating). It really changes your perspective on things. If you get a lot of fast food, try making your own food at home more often. Although the ingredients may cost more than you'd spend getting a cheap fix at McDonalds or Taco Bell, you'll be able to make more food and have leftovers for multiple meals. If you're looking for cheap fruits, bananas are cheap as hell. Vegetable-wise, carrots are pretty cheap, and you can make a pretty filling vegetable stir-fry with noodles, brocolli, onion, mushrooms, garlic, and whatever other vegetables you choose to put in there.

I don't have much in the ways of natural curves (and the corset I have is a little big so doesn't help as much as it should >_>;). I'm not taking any drugs currently, but I have been considering going that route and partially transitioning to find the happy medium between male and female I feel I should be at. It's a costly startup investment though, and I can't really do much until I start grad school and can save some of my paycheck so I can afford it down the line. Also, I'm still not quite 100% about the idea since there's a small part of me with reservations about the fact that mtf transitioning hormones make you infertile. It's not an easy decision to just give up your ability to have biological offspring for the rest of your existence, even if you're like me and support adoption and see a childless adulthood as a very possible future anyway.

Favorite book? American Gods is definitely up there, and i'm a sucker for the old Redwall series that I read back in Jr. High. Loved Harry Potter, and I have a large booklist to catch up on. Any recommendations for must reads?

As for Homestuck, top 5 is Terezi, Dave, John, Jade, and Karkat. Sorry Rose. :<

I read XKCD, Penny Arcade, and El Goonish Shive, but I'm terrible at staying updated for most webcomics with the exception of Homestuck.

That image with you in the karate gi is probably the first thing that pops up in my head when I think of you. :V That and Koishi, obv.

If you could change any historical event to have an outcome of your choosing, what would it be and why?

What song do you like that you probably shouldn't like?

I wouldn't. Because I wouldn't want to be responsible for the consequences, and there are no guarantees that I didn't make things worse in the grand scheme of things due to the butterfly effect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A67ZkAd1wmI