Author Topic: Ask a Staffer Ep. 10 - Ignore the dolphin in the corner - Roukan  (Read 58460 times)

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
Re: Ask a Staffer Ep. 10 - Ignore the dolphin in the corner - Roukan
« Reply #60 on: April 22, 2011, 01:25:54 AM »
Roukan, I must apologize to you and Sango, for I have not been able to even catch a glimpse of any of your new chapters for your Dolphin Rider fic x.x I am a bad Koishi fanboy :( Damn you school

BUT NOW, IT IS ALL OVER, I CAN CONTINUE TO READ ONCE AGAIN! I WILL DO IT FOR KOISHI, SANGO, AND YOU! HOORAH!

Also, what is Sango's favourite food?

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
  • I suddenly feel like I ate a crowbar.
« Reply #61 on: April 22, 2011, 02:54:51 AM »
Not running from anything. Just running. Would you? Forever

Also what if every edible animal on the planet had disappeared
Spoiler:
except for dolphins
?
[20:45:19] Ciryano: come and behold why they call it the Panzerfaust
[20:45:39] Hakurei Reimu: ... because it shoots once and then you throw it out?
                                                                                   .

« Reply #62 on: April 22, 2011, 02:57:32 AM »
Who can watch this video for longer, you or Sango?

And can you understand it too, Sango?

I admit, Sango is CUTE AS HELL I WANNA HUG HER

Thanks to GreenVirus for the Siggy.
My TF2 Backpack of DOOM

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #63 on: April 22, 2011, 04:37:00 AM »
I think your PSL's funniest comedy writer. Who are your favorite humorists?

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #64 on: April 22, 2011, 07:33:19 AM »
Seeing this thread reminded me that you requested a picture of Sango last August. This is the longest turnaround on a request I have ever fulfilled.

http://i51.tinypic.com/24ynwht.jpg

Do you like it?

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #65 on: April 22, 2011, 07:51:06 AM »
Roukan,

I assume you are into Buddhism as you seem to be a Shou fanboy. So are you actually religious or you don't believe in that stuff (no need to go in-depth here :V)

Speaking of Shou, what happened to your DotS fanaticism. Shou is in-game and she is fucking strong! Or do you detest DotS?

And for a serious question: If you would want to visit Holland, would you visit my mansion house apartment?

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
« Reply #66 on: April 22, 2011, 08:02:27 AM »
Ever been to the tropics? :V

Intend on coming to the tropics at any given moment of your life?
                                                                                   .

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #67 on: April 22, 2011, 08:57:39 AM »
What would you say is the best gift one person can give to another?
A hug. Warms the body AND the heart all at the same time.

Why don't you play KoL anymore? D:
Sorry, man. I just don't feel the disco funk right now. [also, forgetfulness.]

For Sango:
What's the worst case of pollution you've seen?
: Someone dropped a ship into the lake once. A whole goddamn ship. If that's not the worst case of waste disposal in recorded history, I dunno what is.

What is your opinion of Sakana?
: Great with ketchup!

Do you like hugs?
: Of course!
: As long as it's not from an octopus. Or a jellyfish. Those hugs are bad. Trust me, I've been there.

Sorry if this has already been answered at any point in time before, but why did you decide to create Jozu?
I'd been juggling around the idea of a shark youkai for some time, almost to act as an antithesis to Sango. I hadn't quite decided on how to deal with her personality, but then the thought of 'OH NO I'M SO SORRY FOR TRYING TO EAT YOU' came into my head...things sorta clicked from there.

Who can watch this video for longer, you or Sango?
Huh? I don't really get it. It's just a bunch of cli-
: PHWEEEEEEEE!?
: M-My mother was a wonderful woman! YOU TAKE THAT BACK! I didn't even know they were ALLOWED to say this word on television! And you say this show's for kids?!

Roukan, I must apologize to you and Sango, for I have not been able to even catch a glimpse of any of your new chapters for your Dolphin Rider fic x.x I am a bad Koishi fanboy :( Damn you school

BUT NOW, IT IS ALL OVER, I CAN CONTINUE TO READ ONCE AGAIN! I WILL DO IT FOR KOISHI, SANGO, AND YOU! HOORAH!
8)

Also, what is Sango's favourite food?
: Ooh...tough question. Fish are tasty, but I'm too friendly with all the fish in the lake to wanna eat them.
: On a related note, kelp actually doesn't taste so bad after the first week or so.

Not running from anything. Just running. Would you? Forever
But it's hard to write while running. :<

Also what if every edible animal on the planet had disappeared
Spoiler:
except for dolphins
?
: Wait. Humans are edible too, right? Which means that the world would be ours! And-and kelp is a plant, not an animal, so we'd even have something to eat!
: You do have a plan for bringing around this scenario, yes? Out with it, quickly!

And can you understand it too, Sango?
: Y-Yes. Sadly. Y-You're too young for that word...you'll understand when you're older.

I admit, Sango is CUTE AS HELL I WANNA HUG HER
: A-Am I gonna get taken home?!

I think your PSL's funniest comedy writer. Who are your favorite humorists?
In terms of writing, I always had a penchant for the outright strange way that Douglas Adams told jokes. It was typically a strange combination of nonsense and actual humour - not logical enough to really exist, but it made enough sense for you to parse the joke and find it funny. One of these days, I need to try and get a hold of Bureaucracy and LP it.
In actual performance I don't keep up with much, but of what I've seen Jon Stewart is frankly amazing.

Seeing this thread reminded me that you requested a picture of Sango last August. This is the longest turnaround on a request I have ever fulfilled.

http://i51.tinypic.com/24ynwht.jpg

Do you like it?
Oooooh. :O
This was a pretty awesome discovery to wake up to. Thanks.
: Y'know in retrospect, baggy shirts really DO make my bust kinda obvious. I was wondering why that fish kept trying to sneak into my shirt earlier...

Roukan,

I assume you are into Buddhism as you seem to be a Shou fanboy. So are you actually religious or you don't believe in that stuff (no need to go in-depth here :V)
Honestly, what I know about Buddhism mostly comes from having studied it at school as a side-subject. Conveniently, the summer after this one year of Buddhism, UFO came out. :V
In terms of actual beliefs, I'm probably sitting on atheism. Not really seeing any reason to believe there's a higher purpose, intent on enjoying this life rather than waiting for the next one.

Speaking of Shou, what happened to your DotS fanaticism. Shou is in-game and she is fucking strong! Or do you detest DotS?
I am bad at DotS. And when I am bad at games I tend to descend into furious rages that end with families slaughtered and houses torn from their foundations. I can't foot that bill again. :<

And for a serious question: If you would want to visit Holland, would you visit my mansion house apartment?
Sure! Visiting MotK people is something I've always wanted to do. It's just kinda crap that the whole 'leaving the country' thing is such a big jump for me. :x

Ever been to the tropics? :V
Unless France counts, no.

Intend on coming to the tropics at any given moment of your life?
Hm. I'll say that I've always wanted to go diving somewhere tropical, but I suppose that's a bit of a pipe dream given the whole 'can't swim' thing. D:

Dead Princess Sakana

• E is for Elodie, who swims with the fishes.
« Reply #68 on: April 22, 2011, 09:21:16 AM »
One of these days, I need to try and get a hold of Bureaucracy and LP it.
Applying to be co-commenter there. Because you can't LP something about bureaucracy without having a German on board now, can you? :3

When you get to visit a place on vacation, what are the things you visit usually?

Your opinions on classic music?

Mimachiro

• Master of the Swimsuit
  • Making being an evil spirit look good
    • Tondemonai
« Reply #69 on: April 22, 2011, 10:23:04 AM »
Hm, I was going to take her to a nice restaurant of her choosing. Not too expensive, but not too cheap. Maybe go see a movie, then take a nice moonlit walk on the beach. So, do I get to take her on a date now?

Have you ever dated anyone?

What did you do together?

"I don't have anything against you, but I hope you're ready to die a dog's death!
Oh, don't worry, that cat will carry off your body, so you'll be able to live in our place!"

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #70 on: April 22, 2011, 12:58:40 PM »
School crew or Laboratory crew?

Will Sango and Jozu ever meet in a fic outside of DRK?

Whats it like being one of only two water-youkai in Gensokyo outside of the Kappa?

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Nietz

• NEETz
  • Normal Person
« Reply #71 on: April 22, 2011, 02:08:52 PM »
Scottish independence: do you see it happening in the near-to-medium future?

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #72 on: April 22, 2011, 02:27:23 PM »
How is Koishi? :3

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #73 on: April 22, 2011, 03:12:52 PM »
When you get to visit a place on vacation, what are the things you visit usually?
Haven't been on a holiday in ages, but in all honesty the first answer is 'the arcades'. Failing that, I might just stroll around and see what I find.

Your opinions on classic music?
Think gaming soundtracks have been a useful out for classical music that should be appreciated more. Still as relevant as they always were, and still packing that extra oomph, though we're probably beyond the era of half-hour symphonies and concertos.

Hm, I was going to take her to a nice restaurant of her choosing. Not too expensive, but not too cheap. Maybe go see a movie, then take a nice moonlit walk on the beach. So, do I get to take her on a date now?
: Restaurant? You mean just one? But there are so many different places and they've all got such great choice and how do you expect me to pick just one?!

Have you ever dated anyone?

What did you do together?
FOREVER ALONE.
Yeah, never been in anything resembling a romantic relationship. Again, I was a bit late in school for that sort of thing, and the university course I'm studying right now is pretty must nothing but guys. I've just never felt the need for a relationship of that sort, honestly.

School crew or Laboratory crew?
Not quite following the question. :x

Will Sango and Jozu ever meet in a fic outside of DRK?
I have plans for the two bumping into each other at some point. Maybe over summer.

Whats it like being one of only two water-youkai in Gensokyo outside of the Kappa?
: Gets dull kinda fast. Fish only ever talk about one of three things - the water temperature, what they want to eat, and what they don't want to eat them. Pretty repetitive.

Scottish independence: do you see it happening in the near-to-medium future?
Frankly, no. For one, it's financially inviable. Scotland has lousy exports now that we've lost the oil in the North Sea and the shipbuilding industry. If it happened, we'd probably come apart at the seams.

How is Koishi? :3
: Last I heard, she was trying to solve some big oil spill in the outside world. Bee Pee or something like that...I think she said she was going to politely ask the oil to go away.

« Reply #74 on: April 22, 2011, 04:57:32 PM »
Have either you or Sango attempted the super fast danjo dance? :V

« Reply #75 on: April 22, 2011, 09:13:21 PM »
Roukan: What would you do if Sango was kidnapped by magical shapeshifting dolphins from the jungle?

Sango: What would you do if Roukan was kidnapped by magical shapeshifting dolphins from the jungle?

Koishi: What would you do if you kidnapped magical shapeshifting dolphins from the jungle? Don't pretend you're not there.

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #76 on: April 22, 2011, 09:24:40 PM »
Last I heard, she was trying to solve some big oil spill in the outside world. Bee Pee or something like that...I think she said she was going to politely ask the oil to go away.
ESI! You hear that?! We have the chance to catch a Koishi close to your state! Get the harpoons and the netting!

What is your favourite drink? Favourite snack?

How have you decorated your room?

When you get a story idea, do you write towards that idea, or do you just start a fic and see how it all turns out?

Mimachiro

• Master of the Swimsuit
    • Tondemonai
« Reply #77 on: April 22, 2011, 10:25:28 PM »
Pick a restaurant by roulette? (I'm poor in both fantasy and reality, can only afford one)

What's would be your ideal place to live?

Play any sports?

"I don't have anything against you, but I hope you're ready to die a dog's death!
Oh, don't worry, that cat will carry off your body, so you'll be able to live in our place!"

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #78 on: April 22, 2011, 10:49:19 PM »
ESI! You hear that?! We have the chance to catch a Koishi close to your state! Get the harpoons and the netting!

Do it and bring her to me!

So how did you two meet exactly?

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
« Reply #79 on: April 22, 2011, 10:56:08 PM »
Does the Pope shit in the woods?
                                                                                   .

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #80 on: April 22, 2011, 11:20:09 PM »
Sango: Guys, gals, or both?
There was something here once. Wonder what...

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #81 on: April 22, 2011, 11:31:14 PM »
Have either you or Sango attempted the super fast danjo dance? :V
We attempted this together. After a fateful collision of heads, we agreed not to put ourselves through this again.
: Awawawa...the starfish are dancing, and they're so pretty...

Roukan: What would you do if Sango was kidnapped by magical shapeshifting dolphins from the jungle?
I'd hire a crack team of mercenaries to trace them to their secret hideout, and take my Sango back by force! Survivors may or may not be taken along as new friends.

Sango: What would you do if Roukan was kidnapped by magical shapeshifting dolphins from the jungle?
: They'd only have time to see a silvery blur dash past them. Then? Explosions.

Koishi: What would you do if you kidnapped magical shapeshifting dolphins from the jungle? Don't pretend you're not there.
Teeheehee...why're you saying it as if I haven't done it already~?

What is your favourite drink? Favourite snack?
Drink would have been Irn Bru up until about 2 weeks ago when I dropped caffeine forcefully. Now I'm pretty much treating myself to a bottle of Sprite every so often.
Snacks? If there's one thing Scotland does well, we make damn good shortbread.

How have you decorated your room?
'Decorated' implies there was any customisation on my part. There really wasn't. I don't even have any posters in here. -_-

When you get a story idea, do you write towards that idea, or do you just start a fic and see how it all turns out?
It depends on the length. For something short I try to have everything planned out when I start. With DRK, though, I had only a vague idea where I wanted to go to begin with, and basically made stuff up as I went along. :V

Pick a restaurant by roulette? (I'm poor in both fantasy and reality, can only afford one)
: B-But what if it takes us somewhere bad, like the lamprey stand!? I can't stand those things, so slimy and icky, and the teeth are-!

What's would be your ideal place to live?
I'm pretty happy as I am, actually. A small apartment in the suburbs. Scotland's decent in that our weather is either dull or mild - never the extremes other countries get. We're predictable.
I like predictable. :V

Play any sports?
I am roughly as athletic as a stone is talkative, sadly.

So how did you two meet exactly?
: OK, so I was sleeping, or at least resting, dolphins sorta half-sleep, but anyway all of a sudden there's this massive splash. I wake up, and when I look forward there's this crazy girl in a swimsuit trying to pretend she's a fish, mouth-bobbing and all. Didn't really work out for her, so I pulled her up before she drowned and showed her how it was really done. Since then she's been dropping by every so often and getting me to do a whole buncha crazy stuff. She's high-maintenance, but it'd be pretty dull without her.

Does the Pope shit in the woods?
I hope not. The burning bush would be pissed.

Sango: Guys, gals, or both?
: Uwaaaaaaaaaaah?!
: S-Someone told you about the incident with Kaenbyou-san, didn't they?! I-I had to do it, or something really bad was gonna happen! There was nothing romantic about it at all! N-Not that I wouldn't rule her out for something later, but-phweeeeeee, what am I saying?!
: I've never even thought about this before! I don't, I can't, I won't, I, I, I...PHWEEEEEEEEEEEEE~!
* Sango storms out of the room, still phweeing at the top of her voice as she leaves.

Uhh...let's put her down as 'undecided' for now.

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #82 on: April 22, 2011, 11:45:18 PM »
Oh, Sango~ Do you like strawberries~?

How does an ordinary day go by for you, Rou?

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #83 on: April 23, 2011, 12:41:13 AM »
Koishi, could you teach me how to tame a dolphin? You seem to be quite experienced in such things. :3

Mimachiro

• Master of the Swimsuit
    • Tondemonai
« Reply #84 on: April 23, 2011, 02:50:35 AM »
So, if we take the icky restaurant off the wheel, then we're set?

Ever been out on the open sea?

If Yukari offered to gap you to anywhere, fantasy or reality, where would you go?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #85 on: April 23, 2011, 10:41:59 AM »
Man, I forgot about these.

How much you bench, bro?

You are stuck in a sinking ship with the whole library staff, who do you cannibalize first? Sango is not available due to her destined battle with the Old Man from the Old Man and the Sea.

Why am I your favorite?

You like Abridged Serieses?

As dolphins are the assholes of the sea, what sort of awful things have Sango done? In particular how many sunfish has she mauled just to watch them day?

Whacha think of the new characters in ten desires?

Who is Sango's destined foe?
« Last Edit: April 23, 2011, 12:04:30 PM by Purvissimo »

Whatthe

• Formerly known as "Only somewhat distracted"
  • Still distracted
« Reply #86 on: April 23, 2011, 11:32:59 AM »
I just discovered that Sango has her own language, fighting game, and website.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #88 on: April 23, 2011, 11:11:12 PM »
Oh, Sango~ Do you like strawberries~?
: You people eat berries made out of straw? I thought that was for horses.

How does an ordinary day go by for you, Rou?
Most days right now I've got at least something on. Uni, D&D, hanging out at a friend's place. The rest of the time I'm usually at home around here, watching fighting game stuff or doing some writing.

Koishi, could you teach me how to tame a dolphin? You seem to be quite experienced in such things. :3
It's all in the wrist, you know. Just give her a little squeeze around the neck, and-
: Phw-*thwump*
Oh dear, I knocked her out again. I keep forgetting how good I am at this~

So, if we take the icky restaurant off the wheel, then we're set?
: Uh...um...sure? Not really sure how this whole date thing works, but if it means food I'm all for it.

Ever been out on the open sea?
Nope. Again, closest I've had was my time on a boat travelling between England and France on a holiday.

If Yukari offered to gap you to anywhere, fantasy or reality, where would you go?
Huh, tough choice. Atlantis, maybe? One of those ancient lost civilisations.

How much you bench, bro?
I bench like a piece of glass.

You are stuck in a sinking ship with the whole library staff, who do you cannibalize first? Sango is not available due to her destined battle with the Old Man from the Old Man and the Sea.
Tough choice. It's a tie between Chaore and Sakana - I haven't decided what tastes better between tuna and rabbit.

Why am I your favorite?
Ever since our entire Paranoia group was crushed to a bloody mess in the Tomb of Horrors, I knew [you were] the one.

You like Abridged Serieses?
Only really keeping up with YGO and DBZ, but they're pretty awesome.

As dolphins are the assholes of the sea, what sort of awful things have Sango done? In particular how many sunfish has she mauled just to watch them day?
: Watch them day? Wuzzat even mean?

Whacha think of the new characters in ten desires?
Kyouko is Hnnnnnnnnngh. Yoshika is I'M DYIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING

Who is Sango's destined foe?
I may have invented a shark youkai solely for this purpose. >_>

I just discovered that Sango has her own language, fighting game, and website.
: Waah, my secret tableware business! NO-ONE WAS SUPPOSED TO KNOW!

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
« Reply #89 on: April 24, 2011, 03:03:45 AM »
Ever been in a forest?
                                                                                   .