Author Topic: Ask a Staffer - Lucky 7 Episode - Ask a Gap Edition!  (Read 45432 times)

Dead Princess Sakana

• E is for Elodie, who swims with the fishes.
Re: Ask a Staffer - Lucky 7 Episode - Ask a Gap Edition!
« Reply #60 on: April 02, 2011, 07:12:57 PM »
What do you think of The Library and its Librarians? Being related to one of them seems like it may give you a biased response
I'd think being the former mod of PSL would be more reason for bias :V

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
« Reply #61 on: April 02, 2011, 07:14:53 PM »
I'd think being the former mod of PSL would be more reason for bias :V
Sssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh shh shh shh shhhh

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
  • I suddenly feel like I ate a crowbar.
« Reply #62 on: April 02, 2011, 08:45:41 PM »
Can you get my ass in England too? It sounds more fun
[20:45:19] Ciryano: come and behold why they call it the Panzerfaust
[20:45:39] Hakurei Reimu: ... because it shoots once and then you throw it out?
                                                                                   .

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #63 on: April 02, 2011, 11:08:28 PM »
Gappy, you're a doctor. Tell me - is it lupus?

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
« Reply #64 on: April 03, 2011, 12:06:35 AM »
Doctor doctor, please
Don't you know I'm going fast
Doctor doctor, please
Don't you know I just can't last
She walked up to me and really stole my heart
And then she started to tear my body apart
                                                                                   .

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #65 on: April 03, 2011, 04:52:07 AM »
When making a moderation decision on a problem, how do you approach it?

Well that was a nice answer.

Except Purvis sucks, that bum.

Can you show this hosebrain what for?

Gappy

• Oh...oh I was not ready for this.
  • It's only Logical....
« Reply #66 on: April 03, 2011, 11:57:54 PM »
Dear festival-goers, please be patient if your question is skipped. It has not been ignored and will be answered and addressed soon.

Gappy-chan.....who are you speaking to...?

*The fourth wall.*

In an alternate universe, you are not Gappy but RAPPY. What is the title of your alternate universe self's debut single?

Err...yo, dawg? ..umm...dar isn't...I mean, ain't no alternate selves, cause dar only is one and only one RAPPY!

You want in on my...I- I mean mah  new debut single, err... home-thingy? Dawg, it-...I mean, ain't it your lucky day. I have a copy roit heah, it's titled '*PEEEEP* In Mah *PEEEP* Wi' da *PEEEP-ing* *PEEPs* *PEEEEEP PEEEP* Fo' da' *PEEEEEP* In Mah *PEEP-in'* Hood and mah *PEP PEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP*

Gappy-chan? Why are you making weird noises? Are you sure you broken again? Maybe we should go back to the doctor?

*Damn straight, the kid knows where she's at. *

W-waaah! T-The c-creepy hobo fairy's still here!

*Course I'm here. You've beaten the hobo snot out of me, now I'm your nakama. You have to take responsibility. *

T-that d-doesn't make a-any seeeense!

Have you played Sengoku Gensokyo by any chance?

Nope, but there'll be a real Sengoku (war) soon enough if we ever catch this thief!

...and when the war's finished, we'll go back home and we'll have so many sweets and cake and more sweets and everyone will be there, having more sweets......

*I can get me down with some of them sweetings. Hook me up. *

....and maybe I'll settle down....become a tuna baker....get a small, orange-roofed house with a white tuna fence....get a cute, fluffy little dog named 'Tuna'....

....yo, err...homegirl....ya know dat da dawgs who say sh*t like dat, like, go down, like, ...err...6 feet kissin'...umm...da dirt,  ya dig what I'm sayin', dawg?

G-Gappy-chan.....w-what language are you speaking....?

*She speakin' hobo speak, girl, and she means people who say stuff like that stuff you been spoutin' raise the 'death flag' and die horrible dog-like deaths, you know, like a dog. *

N-noooooooooooo!

Why in the hell are you so adorable?

Surely it must be a sin to make me want to just pinch your cheeks this badly, right?

... Was my question answered yet? Because srsly you are too effing cute it should be a crime

Ufufufufu, the scent of an incident, the foul stench of crime, the very rank odour of SIN! This twilight air is almost saturated with it!

Don't you sweat it...err...homegirl, y'ain't droppin' dead unless some shady miko pops along and puts a cap in yer tuna, ices ya and sends ya to sleep wi' da' tunas.

*Prejudice* Fumu, Fumu, halt there, foul knave! You speak in the tongue of crime! State your business!

It's a Shady Mikoooo! A shady RURO! I'm DOOOOMED!

Yeah, that Ruro looks mighty shady,

*Yes, shouting out loud in public and halting people in the air like that.....That's infringement on hobo copyrights that is. I demand a honorarium!*

Don't speak about me as if I'm not here! I'm not a shady Ruro! I'm just a Rurouni of Justice who just happened to be wandering by! And I don't want to mug you! I just want to pinch you!

You.... 'don't' want to 'mug' us....?

S-She w-wants t-to pinch uuuussss! It's a Shady Ruro Pinch! We're DOOOOOOOMED!

*Ain't me she's talkin' about. Never been one for them pinchings.*

So....as you're wandering by, what exactly are you accusing me of?

You there, the red Gappy one! Your crime is.....your crime is.....You're so cute, you're a walking sin! This crime shall not go unpunished!

B-being c-cute is a c-c-c-crime?! B-but I-I'm cute! G-Gappy-chan s-says so! D-does t-that mean I've c-committed a c-crime!

It's okay, Sakana-neechama, you're not only cute, you're VERY CUTE, so it's not a crime~ *petpets Sakana-neechama*

R-really? ehehehehe~

It's a crime because....

How come your art is so cute?

.....BECAUSE MOE IS THE ULTIMATE EXPRESSION OF MANLY MANLINESS MADE OF MANLINESS, ESPECIALLY WHEN IT KICKS YOUR FACE IN! WHILE ON FIRE!

Gappy-chaaaan, th-that makes no s-sense!

]I'll tell you what the real crime is....I used to draw bishonen-style shoujo art....that's beautiful guys and useless girls with triangular chins, sparkling eyes and a backdrop of roses for those of you not in the know. Those were the blissful happy fangirl days, before my fellow fangirls graduated from innocence and evolved into yaoi fangirls.  ToyaxYukito anyone? No thanks. I found that shonen bishojo style art was more....well....neutral. Read: really, really cute girls and cool action guys. Neutral, or, at the very least, yuri fanboys aren't as rabid and not as many can draw. So I've stuck with shonen manga bishoujo-loving communities since, and my art style has reflected that.

....but mostly because the style really, really cute~<3

If it's high-priced, why ae you charging so low?

Because it's the recession, people, especially mikos, are unemployed and poor, having to resort to waylaying innocent people...

Hey!

....and I'm generous, with a heart of gold....

AND FISTS OF STEEL. I HOLD NO PRISONERS AND GIVE NO CHANGE! IF U CAN'T PAY, U R SISSYYYYYYYYYYY!

What's your most dominant persona? The man of steel or the motherly moegap?

Dear me, red Gap, are you always so....passionately and wetly disarticulate? For a moment there I thought it was raining. That is certainly a crime.

You may not suspect this, but my true aspiration IRL is to become the greatest, most awesome motherly mother ever. I was raised by the best, most awesome parents in the universe. They are my role models, the very image of what I aspire to become - a loving and dependable mother, a wise and steadfast teacher, and a friendly and loyal friend. As such, IRL, I do my best to be friendly, outgoing, caring and compassionate, responsible and dependable, both at home and out in the community. My ultimate goal in life is to raise a big, awesome and happy family like my parents did for us~

....but, when anyone, anything stands between me and huggling anything cute threatens those that I hold precious, dares even touch those I love.....

I SHALL SHOW THEM ALL WHAT A DRILL CAN DO OTHER THAN PIERCE THE HEAVENS! MAN OF STEEL?! MAN OF STEEEEEEEEEEL?! STEEL IS ALSO KNOWN AS SISSYIUM! REAL MEN LIKE ME ARE MADE OF DISTILLED LOOOOOOOVE AND TWICE-REFINED RAAAAAAAAAAAGE AND PURE UNDILUTED UNALDUTERATED MANLY MANLINESS MADE OF MANLY MANLINESS!

B-but, G-Gappy-chaaan, for the last time, y-you're not a maaaaaaan! I-I'm scaaaaaared!

....I'm not after your precious friends though....I'm only after you....

YOU'LL HAVE TO GET THROUGH ME! OVER MY DEAD BODY! ETC.

I don't want to go through you! It's you I want!

What's with the reasoning behind your name?

They don't call me Gappy for nothing! I will tell you why they call me Gappy!

We don't care....

Deep down, within the deepest, darkest bowels of London, lurks a monstrous creature of deepest darkest evil. It is formless, dark, and it devours anything and anyone, from cellphones and pens to careless man's legs to whole unattended children and the occasional suicidal maniac. It is known as the 'Gap'. Anything that falls into its dark, bottomless gullet never sees the light of day again. The great keepers of the dark wards, the 'Tube Workers', attempted to set up a mighty seal with the hopes of warding off the evil Gap. This seal manifested itself as 'Mind-The-Gap', the sign to end all signs. For one reason or another, I was named after that ward, Mind-The-Gap. But as you can imagine, it's an unwieldly name for the common tongue, and thus people have started calling me a variety of nicknames. 'MTG' was the first - I came up with that myself. Later on, around June last year, TranceHime and Ruro started calling me 'Gapster', and a little while later AF, Anthony, Moerin and Solais started calling me 'Gappy'. 'Gappy' stuck for some reason, and I've more or less been 'Gappy' ever since.

Which part of 'We don't care' do you not understand?!

Enough talk. We have delayed your demise long enough!

*No disagreements there.*

But you were doing all the talking!

Taste the power of LOVE!

*TUNA-WHACK!*

*BOOOOOM*

*Yeaaah, that mountain totally felt that love.*

W-why'd you smash that poor, innocent bystander mountain?! It's never done anything to you!

NOOOOOO! SAKANA-NEECHAMA! SPEAK TO ME! DON'T DIE! DON'T GO INTO THE ELEPHANTS! DON'T RIDE THE LIGHT!

YOU! What have you done to Sakana-neechama?! How dare you?!

I didn't do anything! You did that yourself when you smashed her face-first into that mountain!

Why'd you dodge our friendship love strike then?! Big unemployed baddies should get hit in the face like a good girl!

Because any sane person would! And what sort of person flings their own friends around like that?!

....me?

*Her.*

Can I have a question that doesn't cost any Pix, please?

There is nothing free in this world. Not friendship, not lunch, not victory. Everything comes at a price, and often, that price is sacrifice. Sakana-neechama understood that better than anyone.

A....aaa....uuuhh....*Coughs* I-I-it s-still d-d-doesn't m-make a-any s-sense, G-Gappy-ch-chaaaan.....i-itaaai desuuuuyoooooo.....

But you! You who scoffs and looks down upon Sakana-neechama's sacrifice....you shady miko who has never paid for anything in her life....

Heeey, enough with the shady poor penniless greedy unemployed miko thing....

*You added the 'poor', 'penniless' and 'greedy' yourself, woman.*

....you will pay! And dearly!

I pity you who ridicules everything and understands nothing. Come, let me teach you, with my STRAWBERRIES!

*And then many hours of cat-fightins, hair-pullins, ball-bustins, table-turnins, fist-launchins, dramatic manly speechifyins, were had. *

When the Atelier finally rises up to try and overthrow the Library, how will you do it? I am in no way taking notes of this in case you go ahead with your genocidal plan to kill off all prose.

* Rou scribble scribble...scribble.

*Pulls herself out of a deep crater, holding onto an open wound, with torrents of blood running down her face* It has....never been about the library....or the Atelier.....it's about the librarians! And the artists! The people who live their lives there! Doctor Purvis....Sakana-neechama....Johny....Rose....Tom.....King Fuwamatsumotokana....y-you've....you've killed my friends....my...MY NAKAMA! But you can never take them away from me!

*We ain't dead, fool. Don't go writin' us off, cheap-like. *

....G-Gappy-ch-chan....w-who's Johny, Rose, Tom and King Fuwamatwhoisit?

You ask me how we'll win this fight? You ask me how we'll one day reclaim the library and create a new world without walls and boundaries?! Then watch me! For that day is today! That time is now! They live on! Inside of me! And as long as I draw breath, their will will live on! Take this, all our sorrows and joys, our strifes and our tears....The full strength of our friendship!

*TUNA LEEEEEEEEEEEEEGS*

S-such....such sublimely b-beautifully slender and fishy legs....t-this is t-too much....i-it's...IT'S OVER 9000! U-UWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRGHHH!

*Pulls herself back out of a crater* H-how is it....f-friendship....w-when you u-use y-your own f-friend as a w-weapon....?

Of the seven deadly sins that plague this world, which one afflicts you the most? :demonking:

S-Such anger and hatred....such lust for victory....such jealous, hurtful pride....such greed and gluttony! Y-you are guilty of all s-seven of the deadliest sins!

You forgot one. Sloth! I'm the laziest being in the universe - I believe in minimum effort, maximum results.

S-such naked avarice! Such bare evil! Tch....t-then....there's no....other way....I shall....praise you for pushing me this far....As expected of my arch-rival...

....we're arch-rivals?

....as....a reward....I'll show you....I'll show you....

I don't want any rewards, thanks. You can keep that thing to yourself.

....My  FINAL ULTIMATE COMEBACK ATTACK!

How does it feel to know that I was the one who gave the Atelier its "Atelier" name, because it sounded more sophisticated that way? 8)

*....*

*TUNALIGHT BREAKER LEEEEEEEEEEEEEGS*

KACHING
« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 01:16:31 AM by Gappy »

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #67 on: April 04, 2011, 12:55:56 AM »
Thought I asked this before

When confronted with a problem that may require moderation, how do you consider it it and arrive at a conclusion on how to address it?

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #68 on: April 04, 2011, 01:13:45 AM »
Thought I asked this before

When confronted with a problem that may require moderation, how do you consider it it and arrive at a conclusion on how to address it?

Can you show this hosebrain what for?

(?ι _`  )
There was something here once. Wonder what...

« Reply #69 on: April 04, 2011, 01:18:59 AM »
How long does it take you to think up these replies?

« Reply #70 on: April 04, 2011, 09:04:13 PM »
Has anybody mega-dissed you with the moniker of "Crappy"?

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
« Reply #71 on: April 04, 2011, 11:30:36 PM »
Doctor doctor, please
Don't you know I'm going fast
Doctor doctor, please
Don't you know I just can't last
She walked up to me and really stole my heart
And then she started to tear my body apart

G-Gappy-c-chan! S-Shady Ruro-san! D-don't die! D-don't elephant into the light!

Nah, them's certifiably healthy. They're just sharing enemy empathy times, them dramafyings before becoming nakamathings. One must steal the heart of the other and pull her over to the 'dark side' of things.

But you didn't have one before becoming our nakama.

I'm just that good, the dramafyings couldn't afford my rates.

What do you think of The Library and its Librarians? Being related to one of them seems like it may give you a biased response, but we'll overlook that nepotism and take your reply completely and totally at face-value with no snark or between-the-line readings~

*Lies in a crater, staring up at the sky* Hey.....you know what?

*Is lying in the same crater beside Gappy, similarly staring up at the sky* What?

I don't actually hate the library and its librarians.

...Hah....I don't actually hate the Atelier and its artists either.

You probably don't know this, this is probably a little-known fact, but I was the proto-librarian, the first dedicated mod for the library back before it was even called 'Patchouli's Scarlet LIbrary'. It was an easy task, considering the writers were (and are still) an easygoing, mild-mannered bunch.....

....so you were one of us once....so you can't be all that bad, for an artist...

....with a few exceptions.....which I tend to CRUSH MERCILESSLY UNDER MY AWESOMELY AWESOME MANLINESS.

I take that back. You're sinful scum, through and through.

I am a writer myself, and while I haven't properly dabbled in Touhou fanfiction, I have personally experienced the pride and joy in sharing my work with fellow enthusiasts. Having a place you can call your own, wherein you can meet like-minded people who understand and shares your passions, to have a home and community that fosters creativity and appreciates passion....that is truly priceless. The library is an amazing place, not just because it's a repository of great works, but mainly because it brings together all the librarians and the writers together, forging a close, warm community that thrives on creativity and passion. It is simply inspiring to say the least.

Why don't you post more often/come into IRC more often? :qq:

I'm actually around on IRC a lot, hanging out in the library and in the Atelier.

How did you end up on Motk?

You know, I first came over to MotK about 2 years ago now in search of playtesters for a Touhou Tabletop RPG I was writing with a friend at the time. Somehow, I ended up starting a Forum RPG entitled 'Waking Up From the Dream', the premise of which was the untimely collapse of the Great Hakurei Barrier and a mass exodus of Touhous into the outside world, with the players being outsiders stranded in Gensokyo just prior to the event who are then tasked with becoming 'mana batteries' to keep the mana-dependent Touhous alive in the outside world. Much like how they became stuck in the outside world, I've since become stuck here. Oh, interestingly, we're restarting that Forum RPG, actually....

I first came here back when....

Shut up, this isn't your interview.

But it's our enemy empathy event thing! We have to open our hearts to each other in order to accept one another as nakama forged in the fires of battle!

Ssshh, you're doin' it wrong, you're ruining our empathy moment. Now, shush, and listen to teacher~

The first, most important thing is to avoid confrontation, or escalation thereof, and establish a relationship of cooperation with the person in question.

As the wise man says, you destroy your enemies when you make them your friends.

Yes, DESTROY THEM UTTERLY AND COMPLETELY, CRUSH THEIR WILL TO OPPOSE YOU, TWIST THEIR MINDS TO YOUR CAUSE, AND USE THEM AS MINIONS TO SUBJUGATE MORE ENEMIES TO YOUR CAUSE!

*Eyes Ruro* Accomplished.

H-hey....

G-Gappy-c-chan, I-I thought y-you s-said w-we were befriending e-everyone....

Communication is key to a successful cooperation. Most people who require moderation aren't even aware of what they've done wrong. The violation in question tends to be unintentional. As such, a good, calm discussion on the problem and the reasons behind the need for moderation is necessary. Note that I use the word 'discussion', it must be a bilateral process, with the moderator taking on the role of the active listener from time to time. Sometimes, sitting quietly and listening, and maintaining an open approach to the person's side of things, does wonders in resolving issues before they even become issues. This works even when the person in question takes offense and rages at you at the unfairness, all the other exceptions, blablabla. They must and will run out of steam after ranting for a while. Once that happens, attempts at re-establishing cooperation can be made afresh.

Communication can also sometimes take on the form of BASHING THEIR FACE IN WITH A RUSTY SPORK UNTIL THEY SEE REASON! WHILE IN A MONSTER TRUCK! WHILE ON FIRE!

Hmmm....right, the sunset has reached the right angle. This is where we get up, climb over the crest of the crater, leaning on each other's shoulders, before meeting our cheering nakama.

Hmmph, T-this is just because I can't walk out on my own, you know! It's not like I want to be your comrade or anything.

I'm not saying this style is perfect. There are immature people out there who just can't swallow being at fault or in the wrong, no matter what. In these cases, if you're still interested in a resolution, you must try and avoid saying 'no', and, instead, ask 'why', and let the person in question arrive at the logical answer to why they are at fault in their own time. Again, active listening is key. This works, of course, assuming the person in question has a shred of logic or reason....which, let's face it, are at times a little scarce on the internet. *Gets up and climbs over the crest of the hill, shoulder to shoulder with Ruro*

So that's how Gappy-chan 'befriends' people....

Just so we're clear, I'm following you guys to make sure you don't commit any further nefarious deeds as well as to capture this evil food thief. I'm not doing it cause I'm your friend or anything.

Gappy, you're a doctor. Tell me - is it lupus?

No, it's Tsundere.

Tsundere?

Them's Tsundethings.

Tsundere.

I'M NOT TSUNDERE!

Ever had a crush on a forum-goer?

No, unless you define crush as a 'OMGWTHHESOMANLYANDCHARMINGANDAWESOMENOWAI' sort of admiration for someone but that tsundere over there seems to have.

I'm not Tsundere, darnit! I really am not following you because I like you or anything!

Now, CRUSHING a forum-goer, I've done before. Case-in-point, the rather battered shady tsundere.

Hey, I crushed you first! And stop adding 'shady', 'poor', 'greedy' and 'unemployed' to everything!

You added them 'poor', 'greedy' and 'unemployed' yourself, again, woman. Now, have some herbal homeopathic remedies.

Med-student, huh? My condolences, but I salute your perseverance.  How do you take your coffee, or other stimulants, if any?

Coffee is one of my fondest vices. I am admitted addicted to caffeine. I have my own special recipe I call the 'Gappy-Special', with 3-4 teaspoons of ground coffee (Any will do, but avoid the sour types of coffee like Javanese and Cuban coffee beans) mixed in with as little water as possible, about a fifth of the cup-full. Then mix in as much sugar as you want, a teaspoon of cocoa powder and a very, very small pinch of cinnamon, before filling up the cup to full with hot milk, stirring all the while.

By the way, if this is homeopathic, what's it made of?

Homepathins involves grounding up whatever killed you, dissolving it and diluting it 100.000 times before administering it as medifications. Essence of strawberry diluted 100.000 times for the Red Gap, and Essence of Disgusting diluted 100.000 for the Shady Ruro.

Hey, that's funny, because it implies I'm in fact Disgus-....

EERRRRGHHHH! YOU TASTE DISGUSTING!

Look, towards that bright sun sinking to end another day, bringing the promise of a new and brighter dawn tomorrow!

Don't shamelessly change the subject! That's not the sun, you disgustuuugghhh Gap! It's.....what is it?

Fireworks?

Fireworks don't home in on your face, girl. Danmaku does.

LOOK OUT!

UWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!

Phew, aren't you glad I pushed you out of the way and saved you?

SAVED ME?! YOU PUSHED ME RIGHT INTO A BULLET!

Learn to graze moar. *Collects Ruro's dropped power-ups*

Don't sweat them fine details *Helps with them collectins*

YOU DID THAT ON PURPOSE! AND GIVE ME BACK MY POWER-UPS!

And that is why I keep a sizeable but manageable group of cannon fodder power sources comrades around. *Pours power-ups into coffee and drinks it* I like my coffee best with a nice sprinkling of score multipliers, shot boosts and 1-Ups when I can get them.

THOSE ARE MY POWER-UPS AND MY 1-UPS YOU'RE DRINKING! AND I'M NEITHER YOUR CANNON FODDER OR YOUR COMRADE!

How do I learn how to draw? :( (how did you learn how to draw)

Fine, because I'm so generous, I'll teach you how to graze. Grazing is like drawing. My first baby-steps in drawing were literally that - my parents, ameteur artists both, had me and my siblings paint with our hands as babies, before graduating to brushes and crayons when we were slightly older. In essence, I've been drawing and painting all my life. I started to dabble in manga art at around the age of 8, when a friend in my international school introduced me to my first manga - Doraemon. I mainly learned through copying, copying, more copying, until finally I got the gist of drawing stuff ab initio. I suppose that is the case with how we learn most things - by imitating others, whether it be our parents, or manga. I only seriously got into drawing manga-style when I was 10, my CardCaptor Sakura days. Looking back on them now, my art was horrible back then. I delved into the many sparkly and rosy intricacies of triangular-faced bishonens of the shoujo world.....until, as I mentioned, we all graduated from innocence and discovered yaoi. I could never, ever look at Toya and Yukito the same way again....ugh. Anyway, thankfully, Ah! My Goddess was around to save me back then, and I fell in love with the art style at first sight. It far outdid anything the shoujo realm ever produced. And I've been a practicer of the ways of shounen art ever since. So, how to learn how to draw? Start simple - learn how to walk before you run, copy copy copy, then, one day, when you feel confident enough, you can strike off the path and walk out into the amazing terra incognita of art, full of possibilities and potential!

Wow, that's amazing, Gappy-chan....

*PetPets Sakana-neechama*

Ehehehehe~

There wasn't any mention of grazing in that at all!

Learn to readifying between them lines, girl. There lives wisdom.

There was more wisdom in that homeopathic remedy of yours than there was in the entirety of everything she says!

Ever seen a youkai before?

U-umm, H-Hello! ?..feeling encouraged yet?

It's a youkai who just tried to murder Ruro.

YOU TRIED TO MURDER ME, YOU RED GAP!

Gappy-chan....This youkai looks.....unemployed and useless....

I'm also an MMO addict~

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Rather than feel 'encouraged', I feel rather irritated....

Depends on what you call a 'youkai'. The lazy slackers locals we have around here aren't exactly prime youkai material. Proper youkai are all 'Ground his bones to make my bread, then use his liver to bash his head' sort of thing. Around these parts here we only have tea-drinking minors who have no respect for drinking age restrictions, whose idea of a good time is cluttering air traffic by attempting to kill one another by throwing prismatic rice at each other. So the answer is a 'maybe', with the faint hope that one day these girls, particularly this one in front of me, can live up to their name.

Favorite medieval armament?

W-well?.looks like you need a little pep talk then, maybe....B-but don?t worry, I?m Courage made flesh!

Oh, good. Flesh I can cut.

Oh, a kataners. Them's handy.

I like swords in general.

But I particularly like weapons that can do more than just knock on people's doors, you know, like morning stars and SIEGE HAMMERS! AND NUKES!

G-Gappy-chaaan, nukes aren't medieval!

Plant enough of them and it'll get medieval again.

See? The good doctor has the right idea.

You've both got the wrong ideas. Your entire brains are wrong.

If I give you my shikigami, can I avoid the question fees for the duration of this thread?

Err.....I don't want this one....

D-don't defeat her! I don't want her to join us!

You?ll be all psyched up in no time, y-you have my personal guarantee!

?..you?re going to try and kill us again?

Got any favorite books, movies, comics, webcomics?

....encouragement comes in many forms! Books, Movies, Comics....you like them, don't you?

Depends. I am quite discerning in my taste for books - In the realm of fantasy there's Pratchett, Tolkien and Gaiman, then there's Asimov, Clarke, Dick, Gibson, Vance and Huxley in the realm of sci fi, there's Dickens and Cooke in the realm of historical fiction, then there's modern fantasy and thrillers by people like Dahl, Stross, Koontz and King as well as Japanese authors such as Nasu and Tanigizawa. My own writing style is inspired by Stross, Pratchett, King and Tanigizawa in particular.

How is this relevant to us about to die by encouragement?!

Movies....well, anything engaging enough, I suppose. I watch whatever I come across, as long as it's not horror....I don't like horror....it makes me scared....

Now, comics, well....name a manga and I've probably read it. As you may have probably gathered, I'm mad about manga. Interestingly enough, I have little to no interest in the mainstream stuff like Naruto, Bleach and Negima, having lost interest in them ages ago. I am much, much more interested in the more cult ones like The World God Only Knows and Banana no Nana, or classics like Ah! My Goddess, Chobits and CCS. There's something refreshing about the non-mainstream or original classics, something that is over-exploited and overdone in the commercial mainstream ones. But that's probably just my opinion.

Which part of....oh, never mind....she's not stopping....

yeah! Encouragement comes in oh so many forms, even music, dances, fireworks....

?..bullet shots?.

Y-Yeah, that too. Did you like it?

I would like it if it wasn?t aimed at, y?know, killing me.

I like it when it is.

....I Will FIGHT YOU.

BRING IT ON, STRAWBERRIES!

EAT CATFOOD, GAPFACE!

Another one of them feline brawls.

G-Gappy-chan, S-Shady Ruro-san, s-stop it, please!

W-wait, p-please don't fight!

Huff....huff.....d-darn-it.....t-this enemy....t-this courage youkai.....s-she's t-too strong....

Y-yeah.....w-we're burning out....b-but she hasn't even broken a sweat!

But.....you haven't even....

Chill, girl, reason doesn't apply to'em, in more ways than one.

But it?s all for you! I came to help!

With help like that, who needs fodder fairies?

I do.

I'M NOT YOUR CANNON FODDER OR YOUR NAKAMA!

WHERE IS SARAH CONNER

I've even cheered along the great Sarah Conner.

That solves the mysteryfics. We should start searchifyins for Conner's remains in them ceremonial urns.

.....G-Gappy-ch-chan, w-we s-should c-call the police. S-she's a m-murderer!

WHERE IS SANA?!

Fix'd :3

That hat-girl I cheered along earlier liked it a lot too~

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! SAAAAAANAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-CHAAAAN!

S-Sana?! Y-you killed SANA?!

She was so impressed she decided to come along with me to spread courage and bravery everywhere~ *shows everyone Sana's hat*

Oh....she's alright. That's okay then.

False alarm, the girl's still alive.

BUT THAT'S ONLY HER HAT! SANA-CHAN! YOU KILLED SANA-CHAN!

Isn't that Sana-chan though?

Looks like her alright.

Definitely Sana.

NOOOO! SAAAAANNAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Can you get my ass in England too? It sounds more fun

It depends on your definition of 'fun'. Dodging murderous black taxies and rampaging red buses, running under the permanently rainy weather and wading through beer, and minding that Gap all the time, England is one non-stop adventure. Not to mention the English sense of humour....it's to die for~ As for your question.....I'm not sure they sell shrinemaiden ass in Sainsburys...

Try the 'Sainsburys Basics' Corner, where all the cheap stuff goes.

Oh.

?..let?s see, let?s see?.which card should I choose next?..

?.hello? Are you listening?

?.oooh, oooh, I know, I know, this one?s pretty good.

?.you?re not listening to us, are you?

?this one knocked the crowd dead last week. I?m sure you?ll like it!

I'd believe that.

No! No! We won't like it! We wooooooon't!

?.yep, you?re not listening. I had a feeling I?d have to kill you.

What type of car do you drive?

Interesting thing, actually. For a while I was told I may never be able to get myself a driving license as I'm waaaaay too short. But, as it turns out, I managed driving school just fine (with the help of a special strap-in seat pad).

Now I share a red Toyota Prius with my sister. Going hybrid, cause we all have to do our part to bring forth a better, cleaner future~

and red.....BECAUSE RED MAKES THINGS GO FASTER!

I also ride hobos. Like this one. To Battle. And I run my enemies over with them.

Easy on them shoulders there. I just waxified them.

It's GATTAI! We have no time to worry about wax jobs!

Hey Gappy what's your favorite mecha of the Real and Super Genre? :3

Real - Design wise - Gundam Strike Freedom, Gundam Wing Zero Custom, and Gundam Deathscythe Kai, though I'm quite partial to the Armored Core series, particularly the Noblesse Oblige and the White Glint of FA, the Front Mission series of Wanzers, particularly the Zeninslev and the Raijin-0, Macross, as well as the Steambot series of...well...steambots. 

Super - I personally can't stand most supers in the veins of Gundam G, Getter, Mazinger, etc. The only super-robos I actually like are the Anubis and Jehuty of Zone of the Enders, TTGL of the series of the same name, Soukou No Strain, and  . Recently, I've become quite a fan of Infinite Stratos.

But you forgot to mention one other type...

AWESOME ROBOS! ROBOS MADE OF AWESOME! CREATED THROUGH THE ULTIMATE GATTAI!

KACHING
« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 11:37:24 PM by Gappy »

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
« Reply #72 on: April 05, 2011, 07:06:29 AM »
Hasn't it been 7 days already? You've only gotten through four of the bosses! Hurry up!

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #73 on: April 05, 2011, 02:00:23 PM »
You can't beat...
Phantasm Kips! Mwuahahahahaha!
Or, erm, wait, can you?

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #74 on: April 05, 2011, 03:31:42 PM »
If I ask nicely, can I borrow Sakana from you? Indefinitely? I won't do anything to her, promise! Though she might be wearing a swimsuit under the dress. But that doesn't matter, right?!  :3

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #75 on: April 05, 2011, 11:47:11 PM »
Once you've completed your doctorate, where do you intend to work?

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
« Reply #76 on: April 06, 2011, 12:41:39 AM »
How long does it take you to think up these replies?

Depending on the number of questions, between 45 minutes to 2 hours, maybe 3 if you include all the art.

T-that's a lot of time!

Or about as long as it takes to gattai. Come on, Hobo, let me climb your shoulders....

Watch'em, them's just got waxifyins.

Now, Sakana-neechama...

B-but I don't want to be the face-bashing warhammer!

Don't worry, you don't have to be.

Oh, really?

Because our enemies are tired of tuna. They are going to be eating strawberries today.

W-what? H-hey....wait....what's that look f-

...no, I'm not....NO!

You can't beat...
Phantasm Kips! Mwuahahahahaha!
Or, erm, wait, can you?

WHO DO YOU THINK WE ARE?!

....a disgusting red gap, a hapless tuna, a shady, poor miko, and a hobo doctor.

That was one of them rhetoritimes.

Rhetowhatsit...?

A stupid, blindingly obvious question, designed for dramatimes.

Maybe I can't....BUT TOGETHER, THE PATHS OF GAPS, TUNAS, THE POOR, AND DOCTORS, COME TOGETHER, INTERTWINED INTO THE PATH OF THE SPIRAL, BLAZING A NEW PATH INTO THE FUTURE FOR OTHERS TO FOLLOW, PIERCING THE HEAVENS AND THE INFINITY BEYOND!

G-Gappy-chan, n-not a-gain, n-nooooo!

W-wait, wh-what're you....h-hey, d-don't bash me into t-the....

W-wait, I-I w-was r-really t-trying t-to h-help y-you all!

Sure! Now let us help you help us help you help us all~

KNOCK KNOCK, BIZNIZ TIEMZZZZ!

*GIGA TUNABERRY BREAKER!*

Has anybody mega-dissed you with the moniker of "Crappy"?

Maybe, but most of them GO DOWN FROM UNMANLY THINGS LIKE DEATH, JUST LIKE SISSIES, JUST LIKE THAT never repeat it after we foster some communication and cooperation.

Should I check for vital signins and wallets?

Just check for nakama signs and wallets.

WHYYYYYYY?!

Because love is directly proportional to the amount of force applied. Unfortunately.

Spoken like a true tsundere.

I'm telling you, it's not because I like you or anything! And I was the one delivering the force!

Once you've completed your doctorate, where do you intend to work?

Completing my doctorate is but the first step. I will need to go through a LOT of training after that. England's probably the best place for that, considering I'm already training for the system. So I'll be chilling here in the UK for a long while yet. What comes after? Who knows? There are many places in the world that need doctors.

Like me. And wallets

I wish. I will go where I am needed, just as you are needed here, Doctor. That kitten needs saving..

That she does. I've relieved her of her life savings to pay for my expert medical care. I've charged her the nakama joining fees.

*Valentia has joined the party* H-hope to g-get along w-with you a-all...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

You act as if you didn't see that one coming from Mars. With love.

If I ask nicely, can I borrow Sakana from you? Indefinitely? I won't do anything to her, promise! Though she might be wearing a swimsuit under the dress. But that doesn't matter, right?!  :3

N-NOO! S-She's going to take me home!

And put you in them swimmin' sweet times.

AND SHE'S GOING TO PUT ME IN A SWIMSUIT! I'M DOOOOOOMED!

Don't worry, Sakana-neechama, you'd look cute in anything, especially a swimsuit.

R-really?

Really Really~

Ehehehe, Gappy-chan praised me again~<3 x 10

Isn't that one, like, really really old?

M-more i-importantly, n-now isn't t-the time f-for that!

THERE IS ALWAYS TIME FOR MOE!

....This fairy has something for swimsuits?

C-CREEPY! What shameless courage!

Sure you can have Sakana-neechama....

....if you can prise her from my cold dead fingers SUPER BURNING AWESOME BURNING GATTAI OF BURNING DOOM!

....something's really going to burn if you don't stop screaming in my ear, Gap-Face...

G-Gappy-ch-chan, I-I don't want to wear a swimsuit under my dress all the t-time!

Don't worry, you don't have to.

R-really?

Sure.

BECAUSE REAL MEN GO COMMANDO!

But Gappy-chaaan, we're not.....Gappy-chan, I think we need to see a doctor....

Yo, sup. I charge by the hour, and accept all major credit cards and payments made in diamonds, oysters, swank new cribs and pimpin' new rides.

A real doctor.

What is your opinion of modern chivalry?

A lot of people say 'chivalry is dead', that there cannot be a notion of 'modern chivalry' for chivalry in itself is synonymous with antiquated, and thus the term 'modern chivalry' would, at best an oxymoron, at worst a paradox. I personally believe that this is a result of society's evolution, from what was once communities built on interdependence between people of specified lifetime roles, to a global community made up of individual, independent units who can fulfill any role, anytime, determined, maybe even desperate, to live without depending on others. This is particularly true with gender roles, where the traditionalist sense of interdependence between man and woman becoming more and more blurry.

Chivalry was particularly built around the traditional notion of gender roles - Men, the strong, shall serve and protect those that are weak and in need of protection, i.e. women.  It is easy to see why many today, particularly feminists and activists for female empowerment, consider chivalry unsuitable for this day and age. Many say that the image that women require the protection of men must be broken in order for women to truly be free.

Personally, what I believe is truly antiquated is that definition of chivalry. Chivalry is, in its most basic essence, living for the sake of others, putting their needs above your own. To live for your loved ones, your friends, your community, for humanity and the world - that is chivalry, in its broadest, most all-embracing sense. Chivalry is queuing up in an orderly manner at the ticket stop. Chivalry is putting your litter in the bin. Chivalry is flushing after using the public toilet. Chivalry is stopping to put a few coins in a homeless person's cup. Chivalry is going out to coach the local junior football cup. Chivalry is going out to Kenya to work with street children.

My opinion of modern chivalry? It is a grossly, unfairly underrated concept. Many do not realize its relevance, its importance, especially today, now, in the world's time of direst need. However, modern chivalry still lives on, in what few people who possess awareness and will to make a difference, even if they don't know it. Only when it truly dies will hope for humanity cease to exist.

O-our h-hope's about to c-cease right NOW!

They're coming for the tuna!

NOOOO! I DON'T WANT TO WEAR A SWIMSUUUUUUUUUIIIIIT!

Y-You guys g-go on! I'll hold t-them off h-here!

....murderer-kitten-whose-name-we-don't-even-know....you'd sacrifice yourself....for us?

Y-You're my nakama, r-right? When you reached out your hand to me.....I knew...

That it was b*tch-slapin' time?

.....I knew that it was destiny for us to meet....

....clueless-kitten-whose-name-we-don't-even-know...you can't die here...

....This is...the least I can do....

....E-everyone! W-we d-don't have t-the time for this!

Sure we do. Look, them fairies were taught manners, waiting so patiently in line and all.

...simpleton-kitten-whose-name-we-don't-even-know....

...I've been ignoring it for a while, but that's getting annoying...I do have a name, you know...

....This is not your fight. I'm afraid we must continue without you. *Punches Valentia in the solar plexus*

N-NYUUAGH! W-why..... *Doubles over*

The path ahead is too dangerous....you should just stay here....

Uuugh....t-that...makes no...sense.... *collapses*

Good. Now toss her power-ups out, that should keep those fairies busy.

Y-you monster!

She's the embodiment of courage. That was the chivalrous way to go. She would have liked that.

DON'T JUST DECIDE THAT FOR OTHERS!

What the hell happened to your blue dress?

I only wear that when I'm mourning my fallen nakama....or my honourable enemies....

To you, there's no difference, is there?

Ooops, you got me.

I KNEW IT! With nakama like you, who needs backstabbing murderers?!

I also wear it when I'm in EX-Mode, which is when I not only run over my enemies in monster trucks, I MAKE THEM EAT IT, WHILE ON FIRE! WITH NUKES!

....so there really is no difference between nuking your friends or your enemies for you, is there?

Hasn't it been 7 days already? You've only gotten through four of the bosses! Hurry up!

We need to beat up 2 more hapless victims evil bosses, and FAST!

B-but, w-why?!

Cause it's one of them boss rushins, with extra boss-lovin.

Okay, string up the kitten GATTAI with the kitten and add her to our ASS-KICKING MOMENTUM fighting force.

Hey, I see someone down there.

Excellent! Two in one critical strike GEEEEEEEEEEEET!

...and the traps and Rin lived happily ever after, eheh~

....are you sure? I read through Lord of The Rings, twice, I don't remember the traps arriving as magical girls to spread love and justice on Middle Earth....I don't remember there being traps at all....

That was the old version, the new one's better, with more tra-.....wait, what is that? Is that a falling star?!

Falling stars don't scream threats to murder you! That's a....ru-....

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Ricolars.

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Polo-times.

FUNYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Where-am-IAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Can't touch this.

-aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa-...

HAUHAUHAUHAUAHAUHAUHAUUUUUUUUU

aaaaaaaaaaaa-... *HACK* *COUGH COUGH*

-aaaaaaaaa-I win.

*GIGA SUPER HEAVEN PIERCING GIGA INFINITY CRUSHING GIGA TUNA-BERRY LOVE LOVE GIGA BURNING TIME-SPACE COLLAPSING SHINING GIGA SUPER DIMENSION-BREAKING ULTRA OMEGA ATTACK!*
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 12:53:09 AM by Gappy »

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #77 on: April 06, 2011, 12:50:14 AM »
And then there were none.
There was something here once. Wonder what...

Momiji

• Cya
« Reply #78 on: April 06, 2011, 12:52:19 AM »
I don't know what it was, but it felt like my head exploded.

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #79 on: April 06, 2011, 12:56:15 AM »
I couldn't agree more.

あさらぎシジェ

• MS Paint Lasers incoming!
  • Surprisingly different
    • [あさらぎ Works]
« Reply #80 on: April 06, 2011, 01:34:31 AM »
:flamingv:

The amount of sheer burning manliness emitted by this thread and that last attack that we have been completely crushed with is so large that none of us can hope to even comprehend it.
The universe may very well have just ended.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 01:41:04 AM by あさらぎシジェ »
Oh, by the way. I've found some new tea.

Kyo Tanaka

• Don't worry Sakuya, I will (Uuu~♥) protect you...
« Reply #81 on: April 06, 2011, 02:28:02 AM »
Why is it that this thread has so much manliness, while some of the most manliness things can't be as manly as this?

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
« Reply #82 on: April 06, 2011, 03:21:45 AM »
And speaking of being doctor, and in the presence of hobo, I wish to know your opinion on homeopathy.
                                                                                   .

Solais

• Developer fairy
  • is working for a game developer now.
« Reply #83 on: April 06, 2011, 12:07:38 PM »
Why are you killing my fairies? I thought you needed them for CANNON FODDER help to catch the food thief? WHY YOU SO MEAN???

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #84 on: April 06, 2011, 12:48:49 PM »
Thread's over, back on your heads :getdown:

Twitter: @hipsterfont | Discord: helvetica#0573 | LINE: hipsterfont

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."