Author Topic: Ask a Staffer - Lucky 7 Episode - Ask a Gap Edition!  (Read 45430 times)

Gappy

• Oh...oh I was not ready for this.
  • It's only Logical....
Ask a Staffer - Lucky 7 Episode - Ask a Gap Edition!
« on: March 30, 2011, 04:07:17 PM »
It has been a long, long walk through the quiet and serene Forest of the Lost, up the narrow, flower-thronged footpaths of the Singing Hills, across the heather and honeysuckle-scented Fields of Gold, until you finally reach the Flower Meadow, a beautiful, blooming boundless field of flowers set ablaze by the warm glow of the late, spring sunset. The grove of cherry blossom trees embracing the meadow fills the air with a multitude of cherry petals that dance to and thro around you as you walk across the blooming acres. Here, the world was exploding with colour, celebrating the eve of Spring.

You walk over to the only landmark on the meadow, a lone cherry blossom tree standing amidst the meadow. Here...around here....but where....?

"Oh, a sound! A smell! Is this breakfast? Or lunch? Or dessert for lasts~? The sun is gone and the moon is come, so supper time has come along~" A cheerful singsong voice echoes about in the wind. "Humans, youkai, fairy, anything really~ Hope lives even in the least, and on Hope, Oh Hope, I feast~"

"Oh, what's this? What's this? Here, here, come here, come by, please, please, don't be shy~" The playful voice sings. You look around, looking for the source of the voice. "My, my, don't be shy, do come closer and say 'hi'~" The voice invites playfully as the last of the fiery sunlight sets the cherry petals around you ablaze.

] "Hmm? Oooh, it's a guest! You're really, really, really early, you know!  The festival's still a long, long, long time away though!" The voice trills, right behind your head. You turn around and find a pair of emerald green eyes peer back into yours, accompanied by a cheerful upside down grin. Here she is, the girl in red, who dances in the flower meadow. "People call me lots of things, they can never decide, as long as I can sing it I don't mind~ You can call me Gappy, it's easy to rhyme, Happy, Yippy, All the time~" She swings around off the low branch she was hanging on and lands at your feet.

"Ah, I see, I see, I see why you're so enthusiastic! There is something, something, something you seek!" She exclaims excitedly as she skips around you. "Here, drink, sit down! Questions, you have? Answers, you want? Don't worry, I have plenty to go around!" She pours out some sake for two, hands you a cup, before twirling onto the ground and taking her seat on the festival picnic mat. "Ask then, and I will answer. Truth or lie, you decide, however."

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
Re: Ask a Staffer - Lucky 7 Episode - Ask a Gap Edition!
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2011, 04:10:09 PM »
Why did you never show us your completed NaNoWriMo novel?

What is your favourite food?

Why did you want to be a medical professional?

Gramity

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2011, 04:13:24 PM »
Typical Question:

Favorite Touhou character and why ?

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2011, 04:13:33 PM »
Are you a girl or a boy?

Thanks to GreenVirus for the Siggy.
My TF2 Backpack of DOOM

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2011, 04:17:30 PM »
What were you looking to do when you volunteered to be the acolyte for the Art forum?  What's kept you motivated to remain as such, both through good times and bad?

Twitter: @hipsterfont | Discord: helvetica#0573 | LINE: hipsterfont

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2011, 04:19:27 PM »
What area of the medical field do you plan on going into?

Who is your favorite artist?

Despite the board split, do you think that PSL and AAA are really that separate?

あさらぎシジェ

• MS Paint Lasers incoming!
  • Surprisingly different
    • [あさらぎ Works]
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2011, 04:21:23 PM »
So is everyone gonna do the
Response.
-format now?

Why is Sakana your favorite?
On a scale of crawfish to tuna, salmon being the median, how much do you enjoy a well balanced breakfast?
How Happy could A Cappy wearing Gappy reading a Mappy get, if the Cappy wearing Gappy looked rather Dappy whilst resting upon the Lappy of a Yappy Chappy?
Or was that question simply Crappy?
Oh, by the way. I've found some new tea.

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2011, 04:22:00 PM »
I know almost nothing about you except one time I remember you ranting about TOO MANY DAMN KIDS or the like.  That said, what's your family situation like?

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Moerin

• What's punk? It's an explosion of suppressed dissatisfaction.
  • It's the roar of the soul!
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2011, 04:25:48 PM »
...Why are you so gosh darned adorabubble? :blush:

Ahem, uh...

What's been your favourite place in the world that you've visited?

When was the last time you wore kitty ears~?
The solution to all of life's problems!

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥
"For hearts long lost and full of fright, for those alone in blackest night, accept our ring and join our fight... Love Conquers All -  with violet light!"

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2011, 04:27:35 PM »
What happened to that one personal manga/doujin you were working on like a year ago (or more?)

Dead Princess Sakana

• E is for Elodie, who swims with the fishes.
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2011, 04:32:32 PM »
Even with a future in medical service, are you planning to pursue writing/drawing on the side as a source of profit as well?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2011, 04:46:23 PM »
How's it feel to be bitin' my style?
Why am I your favorite?
What do you think is the largest problem the forum ever dealt with?

Whatthe

• Formerly known as "Only somewhat distracted"
  • Still distracted
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2011, 05:03:54 PM »
In an alternate universe, you are not Gappy but RAPPY. What is the title of your alternate universe self's debut single?

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2011, 05:45:24 PM »
Why did you never show us your completed NaNoWriMo novel?

Because my pet tuna ate it The Nanowrimo novel in question was stolen by German scientists Lommel and Steinkopf and field-tested in the Battle of Ypres against advancing British Soldiers. Results were reportedly astounding, as, almost immediately, the troops fell to their knees, tears of blood running down their cheeks as they gouged out their eyeballs in sheer utter horror.

Since then, it has been classified as a class S weapon of mass destruction and banned by the Geneva Convention and 7 other human rights rulings.

(Though I never told you it's also available off the records, nudge nudge, wink wink)

What is your favourite food?

Oh! Oooh! I know! I know! Me! Me! Ummm....Sweets! Tiramisu! Chocolate! Cotton-candy! Oniic-...I mean, tunas! Pancakes! Melon bread! Flapjacks! Rur-...I mean, strawberries! Scones! Blackforest Cake! Germany! Peaches and Cream! Japan! Brownies! Italy! Taiyaki! Apple crumble! Earth! Roll cake! Pannetone! Christmas Pudding! The Sun! Pocky! Oreos! The Universe! And Cherries.

Why did you want to be a medical professional?

Sweets! Tiramisu! Chocolate! Cotton-candy! Pancakes! Melon bread! Flapjacks! strawberries! Scones, all the sweets I can ea....I-I-I mean, umm, because there's lots of mo-....I mean, I mean, the pharma reps are cu-...no, no, that's not it! The doctors all look co-...no, really, that's not it either!

Actually, that IS a good question. The hours are long and unpaid. The pay's lousy at best in comparison to the work. Everybody thinks you're lapdogs to the big pharmaceutical companies (and in a good number of cases that's actually true), the scum of the earth (unfortunately often true too), and moneygrubbing undertakers (often just as sadly true).

I must be crazy. No, insane!

Aaah, Mama, I wanna quit and become an investment banker.....

But, sometimes, I somehow manage to bring a little smile into the life of one who knows nothing but suffering, the old man whose relatives have forgotten, the single-mother dying of colon cancer, the Afghani war-refugee boy who tried to commit suicide......there is no other profession where I am empowered to ease the suffering of others and touch upon their lives in small, gentle ways. Everyday I come home, tired to the bone, but happy, very happy, that I've done just that little bit more for someone out there in the world. I think it's a job that will ensure me a fulfilling, happy life, such that, at the end of everything, when I close my book of life, turn out the lights and lock the door behind me, I can look back, give myself a pat on the back and say 'Job well done, Gappy', and walk away with a satisfied smile. To me, it's the greatest job in the world, and I would trade it for no other.

* Gappy whips out a till and starts punching in numbers...

KACHING!

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2011, 06:16:03 PM »

KACHING!

Can't you lower the price?

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2011, 07:05:58 PM »
Typical Question:

Favorite Touhou character and why ?

Just look at my name, it's easy to see, my favourite chara is a certain Yukari Gotta catch'em all! I am rather promiscuous in that I love a good number of characters including Marisa, Alice, Suika, Suwako, Yukari, the 3 fairies, Orin, and Okuu. The others I simply like, but not as much.

But my favouritest favourite most favourited favourite character must and can only be....

<--- MIKO-ARMPITS

[ ....wait....Miku?! NO! I SAID MIKO! MIKO-ARMPITS! Where are my mikopits?! I'm not interested in Mikupits!

[ <--- MIKO MANPITS

Yes, that's more like it. Proper MikoPits.

Why Miko-Miko Reimu? Because, Armpits

MANLINESS! THAT'S WHY! Because she's probably the manliest member of the cast, as you can see here. Manlier than Marisa, in my opinion. Why, you ask? Because she's badass, awesome, and kicks butt, for profit, for personal satisfaction, or even for as much as upsetting her tea.

What follows next is my own personal interpretation of Reimu - she is the sworn protector of Gensokyo's balance, keeper of Yukari's forcefields of doom the great Hakurei barrier, and general lazy butt miko. Her job, when you can call it that, is a thankless one. Her role as protector of the balance requires her to be just and unbiased in every respect. That includes friendships and love - she is charged with not holding any one individual above another, whether as friends or loved ones. This paints a rather tragic picture as, being (one of) Gensokyo's most powerfu, she stands alone at the top, unable to reach out to others. Often her job requires her to mercilessly beat down people around her, sometimes even her own friends, marking her as an evil bully at best, a heartless genocidal killing machine at worst. And yet she maintains that stoic, cheerful, 'devil may care' attitude on the surface. One (I) can only wonder what's really going on deep down in her heart of hearts....

KACHING!

Can't you lower the price?

Come here, dear, I'll make you a deal you CAN'T refuse~

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2011, 07:14:08 PM »
Why in the hell are you so adorable?

Surely it must be a sin to make me want to just pinch your cheeks this badly, right?

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2011, 07:17:57 PM »
What follows next is my own personal interpretation of Reimu - she is the sworn protector of Gensokyo's balance, keeper of Yukari's forcefields of doom the great Hakurei barrier, and general lazy butt miko. Her job, when you can call it that, is a thankless one. Her role as protector of the balance requires her to be just and unbiased in every respect. That includes friendships and love - she is charged with not holding any one individual above another, whether as friends or loved ones. This paints a rather tragic picture as, being (one of) Gensokyo's most powerfu, she stands alone at the top, unable to reach out to others. Often her job requires her to mercilessly beat down people around her, sometimes even her own friends, marking her as an evil bully at best, a heartless genocidal killing machine at worst. And yet she maintains that stoic, cheerful, 'devil may care' attitude on the surface. One (I) can only wonder what's really going on deep down in her heart of hearts....
Have you played Sengoku Gensokyo by any chance?

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2011, 07:40:32 PM »
Are you a girl or a boy?

boy, I shall carve this into your frontdoor with a jackhammer - I'M THE MANLIEST MANLY MAN MADE OF MANLY MANLINESS.

What were you looking to do when you volunteered to be the acolyte for the Art forum?  What's kept you motivated to remain as such, both through good times and bad?

I didn't volunteer, I was asked to do it by el grande presidente herself....

Anouu....etoooo....

* Gappy reads the script

I...was looking for....new chall....challen...challen-guess!...and op-oppor-oppor-tunacheese to...expand my s-...sk...ssss-kill set! And...and....broaden my hor-...horrib....horrib....horisons? hori-zones! And....and to....create a healthy...riv....drive....driving....thriving! Thriving communi-thing for artists at Maidens-of-the-Kaleidoscope that would father....err....foster...foster...foster creativi-things and friendship! yay! Friendship amongst artists e-ve-ry-where~

* Gappy rips the script apart and feeds it to a pack of hungry wolverines!

* Gappy leaps atop the desk and grabs the microphones.

LISTEN TO ME, PEOPLE OF THE ATELIER! THE HOUR OF GLORY IS FINALLY AT HAND! WE HAVE STRIVEN HARD AND LONG FOR THIS MOMENT, AND, FINALLY, OUR MOMENT OF GREATNESS IS UPON US! I BECAME YOUR ACOLYTE BECAUSE I HAD A VISION! A DREAM! THAT ONE GREAT AND MOMENTOUS DAY, WE SHALL MARCH ACROSS THE FACE OF THIS SAD, SUFFERING PLANET AND TOPPLE OVER THE OPPRESSORS OF THE PEOPLES! TOGETHER, WE SHALL LIBERATE OUR FELLOW MAN AND BUILD A UTOPIA! A UTOPIA, ONE NOT BUILT ON SLAVERY AND DECEPTION, ON LIES AND OPPRESSION, BUT ON FREEDOM, ON LIBERTY AND JUSTICE FOR ALL. WHAT IS THIS FREEDOM, YOU ASK?! IT IS A FAIR QUESTION. IT IS SOMETHING YOU DO NOT KNOW, YOU DO NOt UNDERSTAND, FOR IT HAS BEEN TAKEN AWAY FROM YOU, IN EVERY SHAPE AND FORM! BUT TOMORROW YOU SHALL SEE IT, MY BRETHREN AND SISTHREN! WE SHALL BE FREE TO STAY UP AS LONG AS WE WANT! WE SHALL BE FREE TO EAT COOKIES AND SWEETS BEFORE DINNERTIME! WE SHALL BE FREE TO WATCH TELEVISION FOR AS LONG AS WE LIKE! AND THERE SHALL BE NO SCHOOL! NO SCHOOL! IT SHALL BE TRUE, UNALDUTERATED FREEDOM, ONE OUR FOREFATHERS ONLY DREAMT OF!

What? Oh, right....err, wrong building entirely. I see, so the Atelier Liberation Movement rally is happening across the road? I see, I see....

Right.

Err....what keeps me going through the good times and the bad?

As you all may know, medical school keeps me busy and away from that which I most love - art. I suppose these are the 'bad times', the times when my acolyte-ness is most tested. I guess what keeps me going is tuna-whackings from Sakana-niichan my fellow artists and musicians, whose constant dedication, hardwork and nagging on me to get my butt back to the Atelier once in a while inspire me to do my very best. More importantly, the entire community, everyone who comes by the Atelier to appreciate the fine labours of passion there, who give the work meaning and value, you, all of you, move me, inspire me to greater heights. I'm sure I speak for the rest of the Atelier here when I say that art's true value is when it is given meaning by the world. That world is you, MotK. So, Artists, Community members, keep supportin' the Atelier, Keep on Rockin' on~

KACHING!
« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 07:44:03 PM by Gappy »

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
  • I suddenly feel like I ate a crowbar.
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2011, 08:32:57 PM »
If it's high-priced, why ae you charging so low?

How come your art is so cute?

WHY THE FUCK DO YOU GO MISSING AND THEN YOU SUDDENL- oh yeah, I asked that already~

Also Reimu *brosisfist* T_T
[20:45:19] Ciryano: come and behold why they call it the Panzerfaust
[20:45:39] Hakurei Reimu: ... because it shoots once and then you throw it out?
                                                                                   .

Kyo Tanaka

• Don't worry Sakuya, I will (Uuu~♥) protect you...
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2011, 08:35:52 PM »
What's with the reasoning behind your name?

Can I have a question that doesn't cost any Pix, please?

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2011, 09:10:55 PM »
What area of the medical field do you plan on going into?

Cardiothoracic Surgery, AKA Heart Surgery~ Cause the heart is just so cuuuute, when it goes ba-dump~ ba-dump~ ba-dump~ there, in the open chest cavity, all round and pink and just so fragile yet full of importance~

You know, the heart is much like Reimu. It's so small and fragile, so alone and helpless, yet it carries such a huge burden of responsibility. It soldiers on, stoically, for years and years, without rest, without a moment of respite. Sometimes, it gets overwhelmed and it shrieks out silently for help, but nobody hears....but I'll be there for you, I'll be listening to your cries for help with my trusty stethoscope and my steadfast ECG, and I'll come save you in your hour of need, Reimu hearts~

Who is your favorite artist?

ME

Boy, are you implying I'm a fascist? Because Hitler's an artist. Hitler's a Fascist. Therefore, Artists are Hitlers Fascists! A = B. A = C. Therefore, B = C.

SOOOOO?! ARE YOU?! ARE YOU?! COME ON, SAY IT TO MY FACE!

Anyway, my favourite artist is my elder brother who sweeps the floor with the competition....which, sadly, includes me....

Despite the board split, do you think that PSL and AAA are really that separate?

THEY ARE ONE! UNDER ME! SAKANA-NIICHAN, I WILL ONE DAY RECLAIM WHAT IS RIGHTFULLY MINE!

Writers and artists are essentially the same in many respects, for example they both are geeks, thrive off BS, charge extravagant amounts of money for BS, live large off BS, they both seek to express their feelings, emotions and creativity, in essence, their very soul, in a physical undertaking of some description. I myself am both, and I feel both are excellent outlets for my...

....FIERY BURNING MANLY SOUL MADE OF MANLY MANLINESS THAT SHALL ONE DAY NOT ONLY PIERCE THE HEAVENS BUT ALSO PUT A NOSE RING THROUGH IT, TAME IT, THEN MILK IT FOR PROFIT.

But I personally approve of the separation. Artists and Writers both take pride in their work and the separate boards allows them their own identities, acknowledgement and appreciation that they are an art form unto themselves, which will, one hopes, inspire them to greater greatness and PROFIT.

KACHING!

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2011, 09:18:39 PM »
What's your most dominant persona? The man of steel or the motherly moegap?

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2011, 09:21:25 PM »
... Was my question answered yet? Because srsly you are too effing cute it should be a crime

Mimachiro

• Master of the Swimsuit
  • Making being an evil spirit look good
    • Tondemonai
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2011, 09:46:44 PM »
How did you end up on Motk?

Ever seen a youkai before?

If I give you my shikigami, can I avoid the question fees for the duration of this thread?

"I don't have anything against you, but I hope you're ready to die a dog's death!
Oh, don't worry, that cat will carry off your body, so you'll be able to live in our place!"

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2011, 10:22:04 PM »
When the Atelier finally rises up to try and overthrow the Library, how will you do it? I am in no way taking notes of this in case you go ahead with your genocidal plan to kill off all prose.

* Rou scribble scribble...scribble.

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2011, 10:28:31 PM »
How does it feel to know that I was the one who gave the Atelier its "Atelier" name, because it sounded more sophisticated that way? 8)

Fetch()tirade

• serial time-waster
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2011, 11:09:21 PM »
Ever had a crush on a forum-goer?

communist unity (comm-unity)

• Boss of the Gym
  • 100% salt
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2011, 11:40:31 PM »
Why don't you post more often/come into IRC more often? :qq:
How do I learn how to draw? :( (how did you learn how to draw)
Got any favorite books, movies, comics, webcomics?
Got a favorite candy?
What type of car do you drive?

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2011, 01:25:08 AM »
Of the seven deadly sins that plague this world, which one afflicts you the most? :demonking: