Author Topic: Ask a Staffer Ep. 4 - Choja Hiragawa  (Read 14855 times)

Nat Tea

• ★三 ☆三 ★三 ☆三 ★三
  • 三☆ 三★ 三☆ 三★ 三☆
Ask a Staffer Ep. 4 - Choja Hiragawa
« on: March 09, 2011, 08:33:28 AM »
Because four is such a lovely number.

Anyways, I don't mind responding to questions, but if you don't want to ask any, that's fine too. I'll answer any questions that you, the friendly people, ask of me (as well as some questions you wouldn't know to ask!), so go right ahead.

Have fun, because I know I will!
Horie dorie~
Pixiv: http://pixiv.me/choja / PSO2: Choja (Ship5) / 3DS: 3496-9942-9472 / PSVITA: choja206 (English) / chojahiragawajpn (Japanese) / Cosplays: Koishi Komeiji, Kogasa Tatara
Tumblr contains cooking and cosplay. Twitter contains me retweeting everything.
I draw but I do not use artist title. I also write, but I have been inactive lately. I want to get better at those things and more!

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
Re: Ask a Staffer Ep. 4 - Choja Hiragawa
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2011, 08:55:17 AM »
What kind of a person are you?

I can clearly tell you hate dolls, obviously. Even so, Is this true?

How did you stumble across touhou? How did you stumble across this site?

What was the inspiration for your name?

And finally, How awesome am I, on a scale from Pesco to ULTIMATESUPERAWESOMEKIPPY?

Gramity

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2011, 11:02:06 AM »
Favorite and hated Touhou character and why those ?

noodles

• No
  • Don't
    • tumblr
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2011, 11:38:29 AM »
Can I come to your house again sometime :3

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2011, 11:56:29 AM »
What is wrong with people who eat hamburgers with a knife and a fork? What about pizza?

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2011, 02:56:46 PM »
Why Medi?

Any short term goals? What about long term?

Sauce on your avatar?

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2011, 03:27:37 PM »
Why didn't you reinstall Windows?

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2011, 03:31:34 PM »
Why are you going as Patchouli-Knowledge on the IRC but using a Medicine avatar here?

Why the hell do you still put up with half the drama on Poosh?

What is it, in particular, that you dislike about yukkuri?

Nat Tea

• ★三 ☆三 ★三 ☆三 ★三
  • 三☆ 三★ 三☆ 三★ 三☆
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2011, 04:32:32 PM »
What kind of a person are you?
The kind you don't give kindness to.

I can clearly tell you hate dolls, obviously. Even so, Is this true?
Whoops, I actually like dolls! In fact, I used to follow Kordox's doll threads on /jp/ before I accidentally left the building.

How did you stumble across touhou? How did you stumble across this site?
I searched 1213 on Youtube, got a video with the description saying 1213 in its description, actually a part 2 out of 4 replay of GIL using Youmu solo in Imperishable Night Extra stage. I enjoyed shmups beforehand, so I inquired and got this website (but I came to Pooshlmer first which is why I used to be so defensive about it). 7hs had just announced on MotK's front page that IOSYS had released a flash video called Marisa Stole the Precious Thing on January 18th, 2007. Or somewhere around there.

What was the inspiration for your name?
Natural Tea. Except you say it like natty.

And finally, How awesome am I, on a scale from Pesco to ULTIMATESUPERAWESOMEKIPPY?
you are 98.88% kippy

Favorite and hated Touhou character and why those ?
Best: Tokiko. Caw caw.
Worst: Sakuya. How many maids?

Can I come to your house again sometime :3
Well, just call me first. PM me and I'll PM you my phone number, but the situation is a bit tight right now!

What is wrong with people who eat hamburgers with a knife and a fork? What about pizza?
I can say I ate an In-N-Out burger in a bowl with a fork and a knife, so of course this is not very weird to us people.

Why Medi?
She is a childish girl with a silly dream.

Any short term goals? What about long term?
Living and helping people. I myself don't exist much, so I'm not leaving a giant carbon footprint (you're not an ecomentalist!)

Sauce on your avatar?
Whoops. I am going to change my avatar now because this is a very bad dilemma where the pixiv picture does not exist and I can't find it on danbooru, which means I should stop using the picture.

Why didn't you reinstall Windows?
edible do you like it when kids throw rocks at your windows

DO YOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Why are you going as Patchouli-Knowledge on the IRC but using a Medicine avatar here?
Buri took the Medicine-Melancholy nick on the pyoko server, so I couldn't use it. I assumed that Suzuran registered and locked the nick on the ppirc server, but TSO's telling me otherwise. It'd be confusing if I did change my nick, wouldn't it?

Why the hell do you still put up with half the drama on Poosh?
Because I am a horrible person that aims to protect the things that I loved in the past. I am trapped like everyone else and that is my conflict. Besides, Edible's told me that imageboards are useless now, so why defend it anymore? Ahaha.

What is it, in particular, that you dislike about yukkuri?
I will tell you the worst part about yukkuris is actually some of the fans assuming that they can resolve any battles they have with anyone who disagrees with them by parroting their slogan over and over until the rejection stops. Of course, the fans I'm talking about happen to be the squatters in Pooshlmer who keep their threads around knowing that half of the fairies are obviously not happy to see those around (and also the fact that the abuse threads apparently have the magic to sidestep the NSFW rule by saying "it's not a shitting person, it's a shitting head, that's a-okay"), but see above point about imageboards.

If you tell me that little funny "internet arguements lulz" thing, I'll tell you you're delusional and you enjoy the magical rug where you sweep all your problems away until they all stab you in the feet the next time you walk over it because you forgot it's the rug that welcomes you to comfort.
Horie dorie~
Pixiv: http://pixiv.me/choja / PSO2: Choja (Ship5) / 3DS: 3496-9942-9472 / PSVITA: choja206 (English) / chojahiragawajpn (Japanese) / Cosplays: Koishi Komeiji, Kogasa Tatara
I draw but I do not use artist title. I also write, but I have been inactive lately. I want to get better at those things and more!

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2011, 06:10:03 PM »
What's the last good book you read?

When I visit California this summer, would you want to go to an In-N-Out and have lunch together?

Nat Tea

• ★三 ☆三 ★三 ☆三 ★三
  • 三☆ 三★ 三☆ 三★ 三☆
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2011, 06:26:33 PM »
Sauce on your avatar?
fresh off the chopping block

What's the last good book you read?
I've no idea, actually. Don't remember since that hospital visit and such. Besides, I don't enjoy reading books or visual novels of the like since I have an incredibly high tendency to copy and imitate. Flattery and such.

When I visit California this summer, would you want to go to an In-N-Out and have lunch together?
Maybe, depends on my schedule, my budget, and if I'm still living at this house when the sun decides to sleep at the golden state.
Horie dorie~

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
  • I suddenly feel like I ate a crowbar.
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2011, 07:16:26 PM »
What's your view on anime/manga/general otaku merchandise?
[20:45:19] Ciryano: come and behold why they call it the Panzerfaust
[20:45:39] Hakurei Reimu: ... because it shoots once and then you throw it out?
                                                                                   .

communist unity (comm-unity)

• Boss of the Gym
  • 100% salt
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2011, 07:56:47 PM »

choja x ruro otp

what is your favorite videogame (that isn't touhou)\
what is your favorite animal

Ryuu

• time for kittyrina lessons
  • time to press r again
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2011, 08:44:06 PM »
why did we stop fighting ;-;

http://ryuukyunplaysstuff.tumblr.com/ read about me playing league i guess

Alfred F. Jones

« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2011, 10:37:14 PM »
Do you have any siblings?

Why do you care about a character almost no one else notices? (Insofar as character preferences go)

Do you like history?

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2011, 10:39:42 PM »
Do you like poison?
                                                                                   .

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2011, 11:18:03 PM »
How extensive is your knowledge of Japanese and how did you come by it?

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2011, 11:31:24 PM »

Nat Tea

• ★三 ☆三 ★三 ☆三 ★三
  • 三☆ 三★ 三☆ 三★ 三☆
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2011, 01:57:56 AM »
What's your view on anime/manga/general otaku merchandise?
I don't get why people hide it from others if it's a harmless love. One life to live and everything goes to the grave with you? Seems a bit boring to lose that kind of information. If you like figurines, you like figurines. If you like dakimakura, you like dakimakura. Harmless, doesn't hurt anyone if you told them. If they think you're crazy, then apparently they don't know how it feels to love the things anyone does.

...Yeah I will get over that with my little obsession. I just have to know that I can back myself up.

choja x ruro otp
Even with that, I am not going to value that over my obsession! Ha!!

what is your favorite videogame (that isn't touhou)\
I love the .hack series even if it's 100% chronically dumb. It's the hopeless romantic in me.

what is your favorite animal
Turtle.

why did we stop fighting ;-;
Because it was not a ballroom blitz and we were not kung fu fighting!

Do you have any siblings?
Yes, I have one older brother who is two years older than me (do the math). He entered the Touhou scene same year I did, but left after a year and became a regular person who still uses text message expressions in chats and is less annoying to my mother than I am.

Why do you care about a character almost no one else notices? (Insofar as character preferences go)
If you are talking about Tokiko, I don't really care if no one else notices, she's a cute girl that likes books and I respect that.
If you are talking about Medicine, it's because she resembles my personality a bit.

Do you like history?
History has information that helps us towards the future. We should find out what we did before and apply it to what we do now. History is something I enjoy except when it involves the history of my school endeavors.

Do you like poison?
If you think medicine is poison and a good poison cures what ails you if you consume it correctly, I am a horrible person for enjoying the taste of flavored medicinal syrup. I'm not that bad to drinking it like some crazy drunkard, but it's an interesting taste. Alcohol also tastes interesting to the point it hurts, but you know what's the worst thing ever? Instant cheddar cheese grits.

How extensive is your knowledge of Japanese and how did you come by it?
I don't know Japanese at all and I haven't taken any Japanese classes at all, all I know are awful nicomemes.

Ah. This is still nice, nevertheless!
Sorrrryyyyyy.
Horie dorie~

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2011, 03:00:35 AM »
That was a nice response, but I was asking more in the sense of "do you watch anime, read manga, own merchandise, are a general otaku?"
                                                                                   .

Alfred F. Jones

« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2011, 04:30:11 AM »
What do you do for fun?

All writers have their own unique reasons for this, so: Why have you stopped updating your CYOAs?

« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2011, 05:36:53 AM »
What would ya say is your favorite remix of a Touhou song?

How about just your favorite theme?

Your bot is overheated, you're out of coolant, and an enemy is limping past its cover toward you with a bunch of Gauss rifles. Simultaneously IRL, you notice a rat charging toward your USB cable connecting you to the internet. If you're using wireless, then the rat is about to release some sorta of anti wireless signal. YES, IT TOO IS A ROBOT. You have a glass of water and a loaded 9mm handgun sitting right next to you. Why do you have a 9mm handgun next to you? I do not know, you just do. How do you go about succeeding through this scenario?

Also the floor spontaneously and temporarily combusted and became a molten liquid, somehow not affecting the things on it or the rat, BUT still too hot for your feet to handle. You cannot touch the floor while this is going about. HOW DO YOU MANAGE!?
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 05:42:07 AM by axman36 »

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2011, 07:06:09 AM »
Why am I your favorite?

What's the deal with Betty, anyways?

What's the worst problem this forum has encountered in your time here? What about Poosh?

Are you a bad enough dude to give me an honest analysis of The Great Gatsby?

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2011, 11:14:32 AM »
* TranceHime points at the banner.

Do you think you'll ever join forces with me again? Tell me honestly. :ohdear:

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2011, 11:49:42 AM »
Is it a good idea to give banana smoothies to a monkey youkai?

teets mi hao 2 2hu teets mi teets mi hao 2 2hu

Mimachiro

• Master of the Swimsuit
  • Making being an evil spirit look good
    • Tondemonai
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2011, 12:23:39 PM »
Tokiko and Medicine offer to take you on a date for the same night, who do you choose?

Can you beat an extra stage?

Who's got better peaches, the Lunarians or the Celestials?

"I don't have anything against you, but I hope you're ready to die a dog's death!
Oh, don't worry, that cat will carry off your body, so you'll be able to live in our place!"

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2011, 07:21:15 PM »
How has Poosh changed over the years?

Why do you hate people? Who are the most important people in your life?

What's the deal with Megamari X?

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2011, 02:22:45 AM »
Your bot is overheated, you're out of coolant, and an enemy is limping past its cover toward you with a bunch of Gauss rifles. Simultaneously IRL, you notice a rat charging toward your USB cable connecting you to the internet. If you're using wireless, then the rat is about to release some sorta of anti wireless signal. YES, IT TOO IS A ROBOT. You have a glass of water and a loaded 9mm handgun sitting right next to you. Why do you have a 9mm handgun next to you? I do not know, you just do. How do you go about succeeding through this scenario?
ALPHA ALPHA ALPHA TILL YOUR LEG EXPLODES (I love you)
Alternate plan: Shoot the rat, find in-game water, dive in it, proceed to nuke the enemy's gauss rifle's positions.

Choja will you play more MW3 with us? :3
Or rather, do you people sitll play and aren't inviting me? :<
                                                                                   .

Nat Tea

• ★三 ☆三 ★三 ☆三 ★三
  • 三☆ 三★ 三☆ 三★ 三☆
« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2011, 04:23:32 AM »
That was a nice response, but I was asking more in the sense of "do you watch anime, read manga, own merchandise, are a general otaku?"
I act like it, but I actually am not. I don't watch much since I copy people a lot.

What do you do for fun?
I play games and stuff. I used to write and draw, but I've stopped.

All writers have their own unique reasons for this, so: Why have you stopped updating your CYOAs?
It's not that I hate writing, I just try over and over to motivate myself. My mind tells me that I won't ever find any time for it, yet I don't want to leave them to disappear forever. Living is such a burden.

What would ya say is your favorite remix of a Touhou song?
I have no idea, really. This comes to mind.

How about just your favorite theme?
Mary the Magician..

Also the floor spontaneously and temporarily combusted and became a molten liquid, somehow not affecting the things on it or the rat, BUT still too hot for your feet to handle. You cannot touch the floor while this is going about. HOW DO YOU MANAGE!?
Walk on the floor. With my hands. Flash kick the rat.

* Nat Tea plays Guile's theme.

Who cares if you just lost the game, you just flash kicked a rat.

Why am I your favorite?
Because you're the only hobo in the world!

What's the deal with Betty, anyways?
I used to converse with him on equal ground, but now he's a babbling idiot. I find it silly that he said he had better ideas on how to "save Pooshlmer" if everyone agreed on its condition in the first place.

What's the worst problem this forum has encountered in your time here?
The April's Fools Incident. I really didn't want TSO to leave because of a misunderstanding. I really didn't.

What about Poosh?
The Yukkuri Cirno Day thing. It gave the squatters enough ground to assert that they can stay there without repercussions because "the admin didn't touch them" even with most of the community loathing their existence anyways.

Are you a bad enough dude to give me an honest analysis of The Great Gatsby?
It's bad to wear owl eye glasses.

* TranceHime points at the banner.

Do you think you'll ever join forces with me again? Tell me honestly. :ohdear:
Unfortunately, I probably will not because I don't have the time to manage all that all over again. I enjoyed our time playing it, but I'm stuck in a sort of blender.

Is it a good idea to give banana smoothies to a monkey youkai?
You say this like it's ever a bad idea.

Unless that monkey youkai happens to the monkey king smashing you in the face with his staff.

SMAAAAAAAAAASH!!

Tokiko and Medicine offer to take you on a date for the same night, who do you choose?
Tokiko. If I went with Medicine, I'd be talking with myself.

Can you beat an extra stage?
Nope!

Who's got better peaches, the Lunarians or the Celestials?
Lunarians, but they cheat because they're in space.

How has Poosh changed over the years?
It's funny how Poosh changed from a small community that actually held a 4koma contest (and sent out prizes on PayPal) to a gigantic lurkfest. From CPMC+A3 to TARC if you want to say it that way. I really miss the old artists like Nameless Ferry, CHAOTIC_UNKNOWN, Limiter Release, Wong, and the like, but it's the past and we should not dwell on it.

Why do you hate people? Who are the most important people in your life?
Sailor Arcana, Hime, Ruro, TSO.

Spoiler:
I hate people because it's how I grew up. I've been told to adjust and conform, so that is how it is.

What's the deal with Megamari X?
MegaMari X was dropped long ago. We were thinking of making a game called Utsuho X where each character had their own playstyle (even with menus i.e. Okuu having original megaman menus, Orin having X series menus, and Satori having Zero series menus) as a tribute to the lost megaman games of the age (sorry, capcom, you're failed us), but it was too much work for just two people.

ALPHA ALPHA ALPHA TILL YOUR LEG EXPLODES (I love you)
Alternate plan: Shoot the rat, find in-game water, dive in it, proceed to nuke the enemy's gauss rifle's positions.

Choja will you play more MW3 with us? :3
Or rather, do you people sitll play and aren't inviting me? :<
I don't have MW3 anymore, just MW4. I think. I forgot.
Horie dorie~

Alfred F. Jones

« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2011, 04:31:31 AM »
It's not that I hate writing, I just try over and over to motivate myself. My mind tells me that I won't ever find any time for it, yet I don't want to leave them to disappear forever. Living is such a burden.
Well, why not try writing only one at a time, instead of juggling two or more at the same time?

How many scenes have you cleared in StB? How about DS?

How well do you cook?

Is there anything I can do day-to-day to make you smile, a real smile?
Spoiler:
Shut up this is a serious question .__.