Author Topic: Ask a Staffer 25 - Jana!  (Read 53847 times)

Jana

• mrgrgr
Ask a Staffer 25 - Jana!
« on: August 05, 2011, 04:12:36 PM »
AKA Ask a Janator!

Yay! As the last not-quite-staff member to go, I'd like for you all to ask me things! I promise to answer everything (even it it's a refusal to give a real answer!). Heck, since I'm pretty much last, maybe I will ask you things too, yes? Let's all have some fun and get to know each other better~

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
Re: Ask a Staffer 25 - Jana!
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2011, 04:15:12 PM »
Why do you turn into Sana when the full moon comes out?

♛ Apher-Forte

• Am I to go home...or shall I stay alone?
  • Forever lost at sea, a distant bell rings for me
    • Himitsu's NSFW Blog ~ contains NSFW material
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2011, 04:18:29 PM »
Where is the nearest exit in case I cannot stand being squashed by fat men in a queue?
How many nations do you actually play in Nationstates?
Who do you like best in Sengoku Basara (male and female choice)?

<-- my artwork thread, click me!
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2011, 04:19:01 PM »
Please dismantling rdj. You have only screwdriver. The tool you can use is the screwdriver. ...when do you drink the screwdriver during the process, and how quickly?

What's your relationship with your parents like these days?

When you first joined MotK, what were you like?

Do you actually have an icebox fairy?

Dragoshi

• Some sort of lurking trainwreck
  • May or may not exist. Possibly. Maybe.
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2011, 04:22:27 PM »
If what Rou's saying is true...

Does Sana turn into you while you turn into him? :VV
All shall be well and all shall be well and all manner of things shall be well.

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2011, 04:31:21 PM »
Whenever a Staffers' Patience snaps, do you have to sweep up the bits, or does Matsy do the sweeping?

Tamashii Kanjou

• If you didn't quite already know...
  • I am the leader of TCF <3
    • TCF's Gaming Channel
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2011, 04:33:49 PM »
How did you become a Janitor?
Do you love sweeping up the mess that we leave behind for you?  :3 (Damn it Esi; you sort of beat me to it!)

Running into rdj's post, how did you find MotK? What made you sign-up?

Do you like PIE?!  :derp:

What are your three best memories/events that have happened on MotK? Why?

Are you really going to ask us all a question; or are you trying to scare us? <3

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2011, 04:54:34 PM »
Why do you turn into Sana when the full moon comes out?

Sana has never bitten me before >.<

Where is the nearest exit in case I cannot stand being squashed by fat men in a queue?
How many nations do you actually play in Nationstates?
Who do you like best in Sengoku Basara (male and female choice)?

Beats me, I'm just as trapped as you are!

I only play 1 nation, that being Jana Land. That said, there used to be a Jan Land when I played back in early high school, like 6 years ago, but I could never figure out how to get back into it.

My favorite characters from Sengoku Basara are Tokugawa Ieyasu, Sanada Yukimura, and Maeda Matsu.
The reasons I would like Ieyasu are probably pretty obvious. He's friendly and kind, but isn't afraid to seize any opportunities that come his way. He does feel remorse for some of his actions, but won't let that slow him down in his quest to unite Japan under his banner! (There is a good reason for the flag of Jana Land being the Tokugawa clan crest~)
Even though you said only 1 male and female, I feel the need to mention Yukimura.  While he is susceptible to Protagonist Dumbness Disorder at (many) times, his story of growing from a glorified Yes-Man into a warrior and leader who can stand on his own is one that I hold dear.
Maeda Matsu is in many ways the ideal Japanese housewife: She cooks, loves her husband, etc. But I like her a lot because of her dynamics as a warrior: She fights because she loves her husband, but also in order to protect her clan's name and honor. She isn't a blind lover or fighter, or a bland collection of chauvinist ideals for women. She's a strong character who can stand on her own two feet... Even if she and Toshiie are absolutely adorable together~<3
My other favorite characters are, in no particular order, Takeda Shingen, Shimazu Yoshihiro, Tsuruhime, Maeda Toshiie, Katakura Kojuurou, and Saika Magoichi.

Please dismantling rdj. You have only screwdriver. The tool you can use is the screwdriver. ...when do you drink the screwdriver during the process, and how quickly?

What's your relationship with your parents like these days?

When you first joined MotK, what were you like?

Do you actually have an icebox fairy?

Immediately. And I chug it.

While we do still have our strained moments, I am much friendlier with them than most folks my age and younger seem to be with their own parents, especially my mom, whom I see much more often. My recent job under my dad did lead to an overall improvement in our relationship as well, even though we still have some animosity between us at time. Overall, it's pretty ideal.

Oh gosh, that was... Over three years ago now? I don't think I had as much resolve back then, as I still had some learning and suffering to do. Then again, that kind of thing never really ends, does it? :V

You know this one!

If what Rou's saying is true...

Does Sana turn into you while you turn into him? :VV

...And I have never bitten Sana  before >.<

Whenever a Staffers' Patience snaps, do you have to sweep up the bits, or does Matsy do the sweeping?

I'm not usually around for that kind of thing.

How did you become a Janitor?
Do you love sweeping up the mess that we leave behind for you?  :3 (Damn it Esi; you sort of beat me to it!)

Running into rdj's post, how did you find MotK? What made you sign-up?

Do you like PIE?!  :derp:

What are your three best memories/events that have happened on MotK? Why?

Are you really going to ask us all a question; or are you trying to scare us? <3

I simply filled out a form while it was available once, a long while ago. I had some desire to give back to the community in my own way, and since I can't write or draw or sing, I could at least keep things tidy. Some months after that, the janitors at the time were bumped up, and the new batch of janitors included me in its ranks.

I wouldn't say I love it; I just lock a thread or move something once in a while, maybe resize or link a big image. But I am quite glad to be able to participate in my own small ways.

I found MotK some years ago through Google; I don't remember what I was looking up, but I came across a thread for a fangame being planned around Meiling. I made an account because the only other Touhou forum I knew of at the time was DS, and I didn't really like it there.

I had a French Silk Pie on my birthday instead of a cake, and when I can, I like cold apple pies at restaurants.

I don't know that I can name three specific things, since it's everyday life on the forums that I really enjoy. I suppose that becoming a janitor is one, as well as when I got to know some people better than I had before.

When the time comes and I think of something I wish to know, I shall ask.

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2011, 05:02:29 PM »
Thus too even Jana the Coppola?

Keine has assured me that you are in fact a sentient hat.  What do you have to say to this?

Why so many MMOs?

What do you do besides said MMOs?

Why didn't you contribute to that karaoke thread? :<

What are your equipped stats?  Are you part of a set?

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Momiji

• Cya
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2011, 05:06:15 PM »
Janananananaaaaa!  What are your specialties in Janacooking?

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2011, 05:34:34 PM »
Thus too even Jana the Coppola?

Keine has assured me that you are in fact a sentient hat.  What do you have to say to this?

Why so many MMOs?

What do you do besides said MMOs?

Why didn't you contribute to that karaoke thread? :<

What are your equipped stats?  Are you part of a set?

Indeed I!

I cannot deny that.

Despite the steriotype, I am a rather outgoing and social person. Online gaming has always had a lot of appeal to me, as it combines some of my favorite activities into one. With that said, I think there are some very important distinctions that must be made: While I like to try new games, I've only stuck to one over the years (Mabinogi). I also know better than to waste too much time playing when things get rough in real life.

Other than MMOs, I do like single-player games. I also spend a great deal of time being social on IRC. While it's become harder to get around and see my friends in real life post-high school, I still hang out with my 2 best friends on a fairly regular basis.
Oh, and housework. Lots of housework >.<

I don't have good recording equipment, and I'm also very embarrassed by my girlish voice, so I didn't exactly motivate myself to getting around that first issue...

My equipped stats change depending on the wearer and my mood; it's part of being sentient! While I am not part of a set, if I'm worn alongside some of my friends, something special might happen...

Janananananaaaaa!  What are your specialties in Janacooking?

Momimimimimiiiii! Obviously, I'm good at making Mexican food, but if there's a specific thing I'm best at, it's preparing meat of all kinds... Chopping, slicing, stewing, frying, etc.

XephyrEnigma

• :|
  • XephyrEnigma
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2011, 05:41:07 PM »
Jana! What kind of music are you into? I must know!
on an unrelated note, what do you think of the MMO Ghost X?
Iced-Fairy: "Danmaku is like soccer, except instead of hooligans you get fairies and the riot is before the game." 

My YouTube channel where I often screw about - Latest Upload: IN Border Team Easy Clear

Dragoshi

« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2011, 05:42:25 PM »
On the subject of cooking, what kind/s of mexican food/s do prefer making the most and what does/do it/they consist of? :?

Tamashii Kanjou

• If you didn't quite already know...
  • I am the leader of TCF <3
    • TCF's Gaming Channel
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2011, 05:54:34 PM »
And to keep the theme going, have you ever had an incident whilst cooking that you look back on and think 'that was pretty funny' or 'that was embarrassing?'

Kerigis

• *Gnaws Donut*
  • Bow down before the true administrator!
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2011, 05:57:33 PM »
-What was the greatest battle/victory you remember in Mabi?

-What's the best thing you can cook?

-May I gnaw you?

Powerup punchin'!

Aya Squawkermaru

• "You furnish the pictures and I'll furnish the war." - William Hearst
  • Relevant quote is relevant.
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2011, 06:11:26 PM »
Have you ever accomplished something grand despite all the odds being stacked against you? If so, what?

Obligatory favorite Touhou game?

Obligatory favorite Touhou character?

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2011, 06:18:33 PM »
Your favorite quick-fixin' recipe, if you don't mind? Everyone loves a yummy snack!
Some more than others :derp:

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2011, 06:44:42 PM »
Jana! What kind of music are you into? I must know!
on an unrelated note, what do you think of the MMO Ghost X?

I guess I like a little of everything? I don't like that loud yelling music that Sapz and Iryan like at all though. And hip hop ended in 1997 for me.
Overall, I'm not too in-touch with modern radio music.

It looked kind of neat, but I never really bothered to see if any friends were playing it, so I never tried it either. I like brawlers/beat-em-ups.

On the subject of cooking, what kind/s of mexican food/s do prefer making the most and what does/do it/they consist of? :?

We make a lot of stuff with rice and beef in my house. Mexican rice is made with a sort-of sauce; we usually use red tomatoes but green tomatillos are good too. I have a few pictures of special dishes on my computer somewhere; I'll have to find and post them later.

And to keep the theme going, have you ever had an incident whilst cooking that you look back on and think 'that was pretty funny' or 'that was embarrarssing?'

Not that I can think of.

-What was the greatest battle/victory you remember in Mabi?

-What's the best thing you can cook?

-May I gnaw you?

My G1 Final*, which ended with only my character standing at negative HP and my two allies in a crumpled heap at the boss's feet. I won with the timely use of my Rank D Counterattack. That victory gained me some recognition, as my two allies were actually fairly high-level players for those days. I was invited into a guild that one of them led, which was soon merged with a guild lead by the player whom I now refer to as Mai Bossu. That was how I got to become acquainted with so many elite players and guilds, and I'm still friends with many of them to this day.

"Best" is pretty subjective, but my personal favorite is black beans and pork, which we top with chopped turnips, cilantro, and onion. I'm sure I have a picture of that one somewhere.

Expect retribution.

*Mabinogi's updates are split up into Chapters (each being a significant part of the game's overall storyline of its own, perhaps about the length of a console RPG), and those Chapters are split into Generations, each being an update to the game with its story within it. G1 Final would refer to the last battle of the first Generation.
Have you ever accomplished something grand despite all the odds being stacked against you? If so, what?

Obligatory favorite Touhou game?

Obligatory favorite Touhou character?

I have survived some things that would have killed other people. I won't get too into it.

My favorite game is SWR/12.3 because I like easy fighting games with lots of characters. My overall favorite of the shooters is probably either Imperishable Night (so many options to choose from, and I can beat it consistently :V ) or Subterranean Animism (i like the patterns in that game).

Patchouli has always been my favorite character, and certainly not just for the "i like books" aspect. I'm always down with the pursuit of knowledge for knowledge's own sake. I'm also a rather sickly person myself, so seeing a character who accomplishes very much in her field despite being sickly is great for me too.

Your favorite quick-fixin' recipe, if you don't mind? Everyone loves a yummy snack!
Some more than others :derp:

While I wouldn't say it's exactly "cooking," I do like making a snack out of celery, peanut butter, and raisins called Ants on a Log.
Also, sandwiches are pretty fast and easy. Toast some bread, put on a little mayo and mustard, a slice of ham and muenster cheese, a few slices of tomato, and a leaf of lettuce on top.

Solais

• Developer fairy
  • is working for a game developer now.
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2011, 06:50:42 PM »
Renko=Sana=Jana=Mary=Yukari?

Dragoshi

« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2011, 06:51:07 PM »
Where are you getting these cute little images at the end of your posts from anyways :?

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2011, 07:12:41 PM »
de geso

What's the worst anime you've seen?  Best?

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2011, 07:44:29 PM »
Renko=Sana=Jana=Mary=Yukari?

No scientific proof exists to prove or disprove this theory.

Where are you getting these cute little images at the end of your posts from anyways :?

If you must know, the My Pictures folder of my computer. They are just things I like from various places! :3

de geso

What's the worst anime you've seen?  Best?

de geso

I don't watch a lot of anime, so I can't name a "worst" as I simply won't watch something I don't think I'll like. Best would be either Azumanga Daioh or who am I kidding Azumanga Daioh. As for more recent stuff, Madoka.

Aoshi-shi

• Back at it again in the Land of Origin
  • maior e longinquo reverentia
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2011, 07:48:32 PM »
Jana-banana~!

What's the one thing you abosolutely cannot live without?

On a related note, would you be willing to live without technology for a year?

Have you had any odd or weird foods that you ended up liking?

Anything to look forward to this summer? (Like vacations, etc...)
Art Thread -->
Well gee, I have a Tumblr now.  | Twitter
 What a nice day to complain about mobage!
 |PADherder

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2011, 08:20:44 PM »
Where do you see yourself in 20 years?

What is one of your optimum lifetime goals?

If there's a difference between these two, why might that be?

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
  • Cat R?lyeh wgah?nagl fhtagn.
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2011, 08:28:37 PM »
How come I didn't notice this thread earlier?

What do you think is your greatest achievement in life so far?
Similarly, what do you see as your greatest failure?

Why do you have no taste Would you really call something like this "loud yelling music"?  :derp:
Old Danmakufu stuff can be found here!

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2011, 09:05:07 PM »
Jana-banana~!

What's the one thing you abosolutely cannot live without?

On a related note, would you be willing to live without technology for a year?

Have you had any odd or weird foods that you ended up liking?

Anything to look forward to this summer? (Like vacations, etc...)

Aoshi :>

food My friends!

Too related a note, perhaps! Since the only way I can communicate with many of my friends (including those I had known in real life for years beforehand) is online, it'd be kind of painful.  have gone without technology before, but that was before I had much access to it... So while I could go for a year without technology, I wouldn't be a happy camper.

I never doubted I would like them, but some weird things I've eaten are armadillo meat and cow brain (actually a popular taco filler in parts of Mexico).

Well, my job and Otakon have come and passed, so I just have a few weeks to relax and do nothing important. A nice day to day life is still worth looking forward to on some level, right~?

Where do you see yourself in 20 years?

What is one of your optimum lifetime goals?

If there's a difference between these two, why might that be?

Hopefully, doing a job I like in which I can help people. Part of why I've been looking into law enforcement recently is that I would like to be part of a force that can help and protect. I'm still continuing psychology, my one true love... Maybe I could be a detective or something. That could be fun, but I don't know if I could go to school for long enough!

Financial stability and happiness.

I have already lived in poverty and sadness before. I've promised myself to never go through that again.

How come I didn't notice this thread earlier?

What do you think is your greatest achievement in life so far?
Similarly, what do you see as your greatest failure?

Why do you have no taste Would you really call something like this "loud yelling music"?  :derp:

I dunno, pay attention! >.<

I don't think I have any great achievements in life. But as I mentioned before, simply surviving some things may count.

I do have some significant failures in my life... I failed my first year of college due to my own inability to get my head around that fact that I would actually need to work on something academic for once in my life. That's still something I struggle with; working hard when I could get by on raw talent for most of my life isn't something that I'm used to yet. Not to mention all the financial troubles that I'm still in years later. ^^;

It isn't... The instrument-playing isn't bad at all. But it is really long, so I got kind of bored.

Now it's my turn to ask a question! You're not obligated to answer, but I think it'd be more fun if you did!

They say money can't buy happiness, but I think financial stability is a big part of being happy. What do you think?

Aya Squawkermaru

• "You furnish the pictures and I'll furnish the war." - William Hearst
  • Relevant quote is relevant.
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2011, 09:15:00 PM »
Well, while a person who doesn't have any money at all will definitely be very sad, I've seen happy families who live in poverty. They're able to look past their financial instability, and find joy in each others' love. Also, I think there's a point where being super rich doesn't make you much happier than just being very rich, you know?

Gah, I don't know you well enough to think of any good questions right now. I'll ask more later.

« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2011, 09:21:24 PM »
My G1 Final*, which ended with only my character standing at negative HP and my two allies in a crumpled heap at the boss's feet. I won with the timely use of my Rank D Counterattack. That victory gained me some recognition, as my two allies were actually fairly high-level players for those days. I was invited into a guild that one of them led, which was soon merged with a guild lead by the player whom I now refer to as Mai Bossu. That was how I got to become acquainted with so many elite players and guilds, and I'm still friends with many of them to this day.

Nice. I wish I could have done something like that for my G1 run, but I think I was more concerned with finishing it at that time instead of being awesome.

Outside of battles, what is your fondest Mabinogi memory?

Favorite memory of MotK?

What sort of work were you doing for your dad?

They say money can't buy happiness, but I think financial stability is a big part of being happy. What do you think?

Some degree of stability is important so that you can afford to pay rent/mortgage, utilities, and so forth. Simply having a place you can call home can go a long way towards making you happy, and having some money can help with that.

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2011, 10:18:15 PM »
Well, while a person who doesn't have any money at all will definitely be very sad, I've seen happy families who live in poverty. They're able to look past their financial instability, and find joy in each others' love. Also, I think there's a point where being super rich doesn't make you much happier than just being very rich, you know?

Gah, I don't know you well enough to think of any good questions right now. I'll ask more later.

I have seen some families like that, and I don't think I need to be rich to be happy. Just not living from paycheck to paycheck, you know?

I appreciate you taking the time to answer me anyway! :>

Nice. I wish I could have done something like that for my G1 run, but I think I was more concerned with finishing it at that time instead of being awesome.

Outside of battles, what is your fondest Mabinogi memory?

Favorite memory of MotK?

What sort of work were you doing for your dad?

Some degree of stability is important so that you can afford to pay rent/mortgage, utilities, and so forth. Simply having a place you can call home can go a long way towards making you happy, and having some money can help with that.

There will be other G1 Finals... And plenty of other Finals!

There was one time that I just spent hours playing music in Tir Chonaill's town square with a few other musicians. I can't wait to rank music skills on my main character so I can do that kind of thing again.

Like I said before, I don't have specific favorite memories... I'll just share a nice one! I really liked it when Sana changed everyone's avatar to Flonne on his birthday some time ago, and everyone was talking about LOVE without complaining about it.

Janitorial work. ;-;
It's not especially difficult work, but it did require me to be on my feet for 6 hours in a hot warehouse, so it wasn't very fun. I did get close to $1000 after all was said and done though, for a little less than 4 weeks of work. (I was only covering for one of my dad's coworkers who went on vacation.)

Enough to cover the basics would be enough for you then? That isn't a bad viewpoint to have.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2011, 11:57:52 PM »
Sana has never bitten me before >.<
...And I have never bitten Sana  before >.<

Well what the hell are you waiting on?