Author Topic: Ask a Librarian 24- Chaore  (Read 39144 times)

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
Ask a Librarian 24- Chaore
« on: July 28, 2011, 06:30:58 PM »
Greetings, as one of the Librarians, I've been asked to host my own session of Ask a Staffer this week. I don't have any Gimmicks planned, sadly, as I am both fairly uncreative and entirely to fantastical with the few ideas I have. We'll just be doing Ask and get a normal intelligible answer.

I'm certain you all know how this'll go from the previous 23 threads, so go ahead and start asking.

In the meantime I'll be petting my turtle diabolically.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
Re: Ask a Librarian 24- Chaore
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2011, 06:37:41 PM »
What would you say if a tuna-shaped marshmallow fell out of the sky to land at your feet?
What if said tuna-shaped marshmallow began singing Rigoletto, from start to finish?
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2011, 06:39:08 PM »
Rabbit stew *_*

Obligatory how did you find MotK?
Obligatory how did you become a staff member?
Obligatory what DO you do here as staff?

Sealed Evil in a Can? What were you thinking you crazy bunny?
Who is that moe moe guy in your avatar?
What kinds of stores do you enjoy writing?
What kinds of text-adventures do you enjoy running?

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
  • Cat R?lyeh wgah?nagl fhtagn.
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2011, 06:55:14 PM »
What do you consider your greatest achievement in your life so far? Similarly, what do you consider your own greatest failure?

What kind of music do you enjoy?

Where are the yesteryears of yesteryear?
Old Danmakufu stuff can be found here!

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

Chaore

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2011, 07:31:50 PM »
What would you say if a tuna-shaped marshmallow fell out of the sky to land at your feet?
What if said tuna-shaped marshmallow began singing Rigoletto, from start to finish?

"...Who the hell makes a Tuna-Shaped Marshmallow?"

Promptly followed by flipping the fuck out and smashing the marshmallow under the heel of my foot to make it stop singing.

Rabbit stew *_*

I wonder what Shadows taste like...

Obligatory how did you find MotK?
Obligatory how did you become a staff member?
Obligatory what DO you do here as staff?

I found MotK solely through Rika's Garage. After finding out about Touhou (through the music, listed on TVTropes), I became interested in Danmakufu because it's 'make your own bullet hell game'. Eventually after skipping through the resources on the wiki, I ended up led here. I never imagined I'd stay at the time, but... here we are.

As for how I became a librarian, I basically just volunteered to help summarize stories for the fanworks listing and then proceeded to do more than my share of work. I particularly enjoy summarizing stories, so basically it was just like 'well that is the last one. RAWRO DO YOU HAVE MORE STORIES FOR ME TO SUMMARIZE GIVE THEM TO ME I DON'T CARE WHO WAS ASSIGNED TO THEM GIVE ME YOUR STORIES.'. This caught Rawro's eye, and as such when the librarian tag was rolled out, Me and Rou were chosen alongside Sakana to receive it.

At least, pretty sure that's how it went. I'm not a Rawrotologist though, so she could've had other reasons.

As for what I do- I summarize stories for the Fanworks Listing and upkeep it when people have requests like updates to their story's summary or the likes. I get called on less than I think I would for some reason, which is sad because it makes me worry people aren't using the listing much. We put a lot of effort into that.

I also do summary binges when we get behind and summarize 40 stories in the span of two days. But since Sakana is changing how we do things, I guess I won't be doing that anymore. >:

Sealed Evil in a Can? What were you thinking you crazy bunny?
Who is that moe moe guy in your avatar?
What kinds of stores do you enjoy writing?
What kinds of text-adventures do you enjoy running?

The entire point of GDIC Mafia was essentially 'Make Town Screw With Itself'. Sealed Evil in a Can was part of that, the original scum team was supposed to be completely cop proof, and the Defense Lawyer i think had more shots. Sealed Evil was generally also a case of 'this sounds neat'. Unless I gave town an Informed Townie knowing about Sealed Evil's existence, it really wasn't a fair role though.

The guy in my avatar is Lancer, from Fate/Stay Night. He is basically the best character, only to get shafted by Nasu being a jerk. He's also a Heroic Spirit like all servants, specifically C? Chulainn. This is all revealed within like the first day of the game so I'm spoiling nothing.

I do not write stores!

As for Stories though... I -don't- really write, besides the few Text Adventures. I'm simply not a very good writer. I think if I wrote something though, it would probably contain magic, I simply just find devising a bunch of characters with powers a lot of fun.

As for Text-Adventures... I've only run too, but I think I kind of enjoy Serious stories with a sense of humor. Still serious, but still able to make a few cracks here and there. CDO is probably the best example of this.

What do you consider your greatest achievement in your life so far? Similarly, what do you consider your own greatest failure?

What kind of music do you enjoy?

Where are the yesteryears of yesteryear?

My greatest achievement is probably getting into college. It sounds blase, but I really kind of scraped by on where I was going- If I didn't get the acceptance to my current college, I'd either have to go to my two back ups, or way up to a private school in Vermont.

My greatest failure all in all, I think was my inability to stay as happy and upbeat as I was as a kid. I let too many things get my down and make the word seem like a darker place. I don't think I can go back to thinking like I did now, and it's sad, because I was probably happier.

As for Music- Any kind, as long as the beat is good. Mostly the more upbeat stuff, though I know a few songs that are so downbeat it effects me greatly and they're wonderful.

According to google, A restaurant.

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2011, 08:16:38 PM »
The bunny-eared existential crisis is your persona as a MotK Librarian. What prompted the bunny-avatar, and what prompted the null-existence trait?

Do you consider culling events from some of the stories in PSL to use as a baseline for a Danmakufu game?

Dead Princess Sakana

• E is for Elodie, who swims with the fishes.
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2011, 08:28:17 PM »
At least, pretty sure that's how it went. I'm not a Rawrotologist though, so she could've had other reasons.
Weeeell....

Oh, and on an unrelated note: Do you have any ideas for the three perma-librarians? I want to choose you, of course, but the other two slots (three total) should go to two other people whose hard work has impressed you.
Well, I think the choices are obvious: Roukanken and Chaore.

Those two have worked really hard, have finished their initial assignments in a flash and have taken quite a number of works that were unassigned. I'm sure everyone else worked hard as well (Esifex, for example) and just had less time or something, but those two really stood out to me.

:3

Anyway, questions.

What does "Chaore" even mean, or how did you get the name?
Five years from now, what do you want to have achieved?
What non-computer/console games do you enjoy, if any?

Chaore

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2011, 09:17:05 PM »
The bunny-eared existential crisis is your persona as a MotK Librarian. What prompted the bunny-avatar, and what prompted the null-existence trait?

Do you consider culling events from some of the stories in PSL to use as a baseline for a Danmakufu game?

The bunny avatar is related to wayyyy back when I joined the forums, I took up an avatar of the Eclipse from Ragnarok Battle Offline. It's probably my most remembered Avatar, honestly- This lead to me being referred to as the Giant Enemy Rabbit, and my eventual inclusion of Bunny Ears on my MotK Persona.

The Null-existence trait was honestly me trying to say 'Do whatever you feel like with my 'character' and putting it in fancy terms. I never specified anything, (not even the bunny ears, thats how prevalent they are in people's vision of me) beyond the fact that my character could be anything as needed. It on it's own, eventually evolved into an essential trait and I'm glad with how it evolved. It was mostly because of me not putting thought and not knowing what to do with my 'librarian persona' that evolved to it being used, though. There's probably a parallel universe in where I did put effort in and became a Bunny Knight in Tarnished armor or something.

As for the Danmakufu game- Possibly! I consider ideas from everywhere possible of being taken and made into a Danmakufu game. Even though I don't know how to use the program, I could probably baseline a game from almost anything.

Weeeell....

Well what do you know. I'm a better Sakanatologist than Rawrotologist, seems.

What does "Chaore" even mean, or how did you get the name?
Five years from now, what do you want to have achieved?
What non-computer/console games do you enjoy, if any?

Chaore is a mixture of 'Chaos' and 'Gore'. It was thought up by a much younger me as a name for a character, and I eventually grew to like the name.

Five years from now... Hmm. I want to have a steady job, a place of my own, and be living comfortably. I suppose I don't aim very high, do I?

As for non-computer/console games... Uno! I used to play it a lot with my family as a kid. There were a bunch of old board games I'm trying to think of as well, but I can't name them. Especially one space game...

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2011, 09:21:53 PM »
Why am I your favori--*shanked*

What is your favorite book?

Do you wish you were more involved here at MotK?

There is a windmill in front of you. How much time does it have to live before you tear it to shreds?

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2011, 09:26:49 PM »
Chaore! I choose you!

What are your favourite things to eat?
What is your favourite Touhou fanfiction?
Why do you like Nasuverse works so much?

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2011, 10:01:49 PM »
Chaore is a mixture of 'Chaos' and 'Gore'. It was thought up by a much younger me as a name for a character, and I eventually grew to like the name.

So it's be pronounced something like "kaor" or something? Or do you mentally pronounce your name in another way (or not at all)?

Any favorite boss themes, both Touhou and non-Touhou?

Chaore

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2011, 10:25:09 PM »
Why am I your favori--*shanked*

Stop making me dirty my knives damnit. I only have thousands of them.

What is your favorite book?

Tough one. I'm going to go with Ender's game though- Read it for summer one year, absolutely loved it. Tough to say why though, for some reason.

Do you wish you were more involved here at MotK?

Huhm. Maybe a bit, I feel like I don't do enough sometimes...

There is a windmill in front of you. How much time does it have to live before you tear it to shreds?

A long time. I hate the skill, not the building! The buildings are cool, power things and make flour all day erryday.

Chaore! I choose you!

Chao chaore!

What are your favourite things to eat?
What is your favourite Touhou fanfiction?
Why do you like Nasuverse works so much?

Hmmmm~ Bread. There is absolutely nothing Bread can not go with, and it's fairly tasty on it's own.

Shikieiki's Day Off. There's something to be said about something that can make me laugh that hard.

As for Nasuverse- I think it's a mix of the interesting abilities that start showing up (MEDP, Reality Marbles, Noble Phantasms), and a lot of just how well Nasu can mix serious and comedy. The stories can switch to something as comical as King Arthur going on a date to SAD KING IS SAD without missing a beat, and still maintain it's consistency. On top of that, when he wants to make you feel something, you god damn well feel it.

It helps hes someone capable of really taking advantage of his medium as well, FSN really shows off just what you can do with a Visual Novel. I'm looking forward to the oft mentioned Tsukihime Remake just because of the stark difference.

So it's be pronounced something like "kaor" or something? Or do you mentally pronounce your name in another way (or not at all)?

Any favorite boss themes, both Touhou and non-Touhou?

How it's pronounced... Myself, I kinda parse it as 'Chay-or-ey', though I've heard plenty parse it like that.

As for Boss themes... I think if I tried to list them, I'd end up running out of space, if just because oh god everything in RBO.

But if we exclude battle themes... I'm pretty sure I know what wins.

« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2011, 11:43:54 PM »
Does me aspiring to be a professional librarian interest you in any way?

Do you know what hasenpfeffer is?

Would you recommend Mabinogi?

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2011, 01:16:07 AM »
Why do you have a turtle?
There was something here once. Wonder what...

De La Witch

• She is, the most interesting witch in the world.
  • "Keep borrowing my friends."
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2011, 01:23:57 AM »
Why is Daniel Day Lewis so awesome?

Chaore

« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2011, 01:42:24 AM »
Does me aspiring to be a professional librarian interest you in any way?

Slightly, It's something I don't hear many people say they want to be- Though I don't really think I'd make it as a librarian myself, so it's nothing I could really connect with you about.

Do you know what hasenpfeffer is?

I'm going to get these rabbit stew jokes a lot, aren't I.

Would you recommend Mabinogi?

Absolutely.

I have my few complaints, particularly about payed services (New status, not very), but the game is fantastic and really one of those games you really can get along fine with free. My complaints are really minor in the grand scheme of things and the game is both massive, amazing, and one of the best games I've played in a long time. Probably the only MMO that's kept my attention.

Why do you have a turtle?

I'm a turtle tamer. Why wouldn't I? (Disclaimer: i do not own a real turtle, i am too irresponsible)

Why is Daniel Day Lewis so awesome?

Dunno. Never seen anything he's in, he supposed to be some major big shot?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2011, 05:26:05 AM »
You know what I'm gonna ask >=|

I'm pretty sure I know what wins.

Almost as good as Rangflash.  (Ah Boomerang, one of the very few loner types to be actually awesome)

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2011, 06:03:06 AM »
You're thinking of a number between one and ten.

« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2011, 10:23:03 AM »
TONIGHT I DINE ON TURTLE SOUP?

Also, just what does a Librarian do here? How did you become one?

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2011, 01:01:12 PM »
Rabbit stew joke? *Shadoweh sharpens her knives* @_@
Also it's pronounced Keyore. :)

Do you think you take life too seriously?
What do you consider a relaxing day?
Why are you so mean to Chen? ;-;
Who are your favorites?
How would you describe your Mafia playstyle?
How was your experience running a Mafia game anyways?

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

Chaore

« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2011, 06:21:43 PM »
You know what I'm gonna ask >=|

Memetic Mutation, Clearly, much like the question.

In seriousness, you're a good man and one of the few people on the sight I feel I could actually trust if I met in reality. That holds a lot of meaning coming from me, as I'm a distrusting bastard when it comes to real life. I think it's because for all your mannerisms, you do it with a distinct air of fun in mind.

Or I could be insane. Probably that, really.

Almost as good as Rangflash.  (Ah Boomerang, one of the very few loner types to be actually awesome)

As much as I do love me some Rangflash, I actually like Whistle more for some reason. Both are great songs though. And Boomerang is pretty neat. 'Sup, dumped a dead body in your room, feel free to check it out for me kay?'

You're thinking of a number between one and ten.

:o

TONIGHT I DINE ON TURTLE SOUP?

Turtle soup is actually kind of bland, according to someone much more experienced in the subject. I'd suggest you just stick to good ol' chicken noodle.

Also, just what does a Librarian do here? How did you become one?

As for how I became a librarian, I basically just volunteered to help summarize stories for the fanworks listing and then proceeded to do more than my share of work. I particularly enjoy summarizing stories, so basically it was just like 'well that is the last one. RAWRO DO YOU HAVE MORE STORIES FOR ME TO SUMMARIZE GIVE THEM TO ME I DON'T CARE WHO WAS ASSIGNED TO THEM GIVE ME YOUR STORIES.'. This caught Rawro's Sakana's eye, and as such when the librarian tag was rolled out, Me and Rou were chosen alongside Sakana to receive it.

At least, pretty sure that's how it went. I'm not a Rawrotologist though, so she could've had other reasons. I am the world's best Sakanatologist so you can clearly trust my word on this manner.

As for what I do- I summarize stories for the Fanworks Listing and upkeep it when people have requests like updates to their story's summary or the likes. I get called on less than I think I would for some reason, which is sad because it makes me worry people aren't using the listing much. We put a lot of effort into that.

Rabbit stew joke? *Shadoweh sharpens her knives* @_@
Also it's pronounced Keyore. :)

Oh dear.

Also what is Key Ore like, anyway? Is it the material made into Keys, or is it like, Ore with keys stuck into it?

Do you think you take life too seriously?
What do you consider a relaxing day?

Absolutely not. I think I don't take it seriously enough, actually- I'm far too laid back about things in real life, so I end up driving myself to deadlines and putting things off. Some people think I'm too "OMGWTFSERIOUS" 24/7, but they're mostly the types who think everyone must be comical all the time and i'm too stuck up for being serious even once in a while.

A relaxing day is probably a day where I can sleep in to 2 in the afternoon not giving a fuck and then wake up and go online to have fun with you guys.

Why are you so mean to Chen? ;-;
Who are your favorites?

Chen's Day Out was originally made at the time where I was still trying to beat PCB Normal. Chen managed to kill me out of nowhere a lot, causing my perfectionist nature to kick in and make me reset. This was all on my mind when I was designing the adventure originally- To be fair, since then, I've somehow turned Chen into a super kitty warrior, and the damage to gensokyo is spread all around.

My favorites are probably Komachi and Patchouli. I'm going to assume that is exactly what you mean by favorite.

How would you describe your Mafia playstyle?
How was your experience running a Mafia game anyways?

'Be as townie as fuck'. Due to my original few games where I came under a lot of fire for stupid stupid reasons, I've ended up taking a skittish and lurkish manner of posting and being very careful about what I do. As scum, this actually is why I'm fairly decent as a player- I'm good at knowing how to look good. As town, this is kind of poor because I'm too worried to properly scum hunt and don't push cases I think are better over what the consensus is doing. (Hi there K4U in Mafioso). It doesn't help I seem to be in a lot of trainwreck games.

My experience running GDIC was probably about 20x better than any game I've ever played. It was a blast talking with Serela in the mod QT and seeing the game in action with knowledge of how everything is going down. I should really take to co-modding or something.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2011, 07:48:37 PM »
I can respeck.

So what do you do around the library, mostly? Just summaries, or do you ride people's asses too?

Chaore

« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2011, 09:54:22 PM »
So what do you do around the library, mostly? Just summaries, or do you ride people's asses too?

Mostly summaries. Riding on asses is not what was originally intended when the tag was made, so I don't really -do- that. Librarians are made for management of the library and our powers kind of reflect that, we can only do things like edit posts inside the library, and we have no actual power over other users. We do not have the ability or power to probate, ban, or otherwise alter other users. We also aren't on the inside with reports and the staff forum, so we aren't aware of going ons that the normal user isn't aware of. That said, we are basically capable of altering things in the library that need be altered- if someone needs their story moved to the bookstore, or a topic split or the likes, we can do that for them. We're just not made to ride asses, so I don't do that, and I'm -fairly- sure the other librarians don't either, with the exception of Sakana because he is supposed to ride asses.

You know, this post originally had a lot more ass riding in it. I think I like it better this way.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2011, 12:30:31 AM »
Rate the Tsukihime heroines, and explain fully.

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2011, 02:31:13 AM »
What is your favourite book?

If you could observe any era of history without interacting with it, what era would you pick, and why?

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2011, 02:37:37 AM »
I heard Mabinogi is having an x2 exp event while I'm at Otakon. Will you avenge me by getting lots of exp? :D

Chaore

« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2011, 04:06:21 AM »
Rate the Tsukihime heroines, and explain fully.

This is going to contain spoilers for Tsukihime, if you ever intend to play the series, please skip this post!

I'MA VAMPIRE TIER-
Arcueid Brunestud: Arc is probably my personal favorite because she's awesome. Seriously, even if she does basically play 'twenty minutes turkish' for fully recovering her entire route, Arcueid is still presented as a powerful combatant. She also just tears shit up with her bare (if clawed) hands and can basically bend god damn reality to her whim. She's one of the strongest characters in the nasuverse, and it's obvious.

Personality wise, for a socially lacking character, she's probably the one heroine I'd actually spend a day just chatting with. She's funny and you actually can feel like you can talk to her without fear of reprisal. At the same time god damn can she scare the fuck out of you if she wants, she's imposing when she wants to be and when she says she will end you, you god damn know she isn't kidding.

Her past is probably the most basic of sob stories, but it still manages to hit you hard when you learn it. It kind of helps you would never guess that she's the emotionally repressed super weapon, unlike other characters using that trope. She's also responsible for a good deal of trouble that occurs in the entire game, but unlike most other characters in this regard, she has an actually viable excuse, so you don't blame her every time something bad happens. It's somber and downing, but it doesn't take away from her as a character and it isn't really overblown.

Also she has the best path. I will fight those who state otherwise.

MEIDO TIER-
Hisui: Hisui is second only because she can't measure up to the sheer awesome that is Arcueid. Instead though she is just so fucking adorable when you really look at her route a second time. You can see how much she actually cares behind her 'Doll-like' expression, proving just how not really doll-like she actually is. She single-handedly makes her route, filled with some of the most bizarre and frightening bits, actually pretty happy.

Personality wise, I'll admit I've never been a big fan of the 'emotionless' types, so at first she didn't have me sold. Then she flinched away during that one scene, and she became a lot more interesting. All the subtle hints that she cares about people are great, and she's probably the nicest person in the entirety of Tsukihime (Even if that's not exactly particularly difficult). She's understanding and she literally saves your point at one part of the game due to it. Despite this, she doesn't take shit too much and I think my favorite scene is when she outright -glares- down Akiha at the end of Akiha's route. God damn.

In terms of how her past plays, she pretty much plays support to her sister in terms of that, but the unique parts really compound how much she cares. I particularly like the scene you keep remembering during the course of her path. It's all d'aww.

STABBYSTAB PRIEST TIER-
Ciel: Ciel really gets a lot of shit she doesn't deserve, even if she's only coming in third on my list. She's awesome in her own right, and you can see why she's the 'rival' of someone like Arcueid. She's pretty much only held down by the fact oh god why are you so two-faced. She lies and tries to manipulate you with information the entire god damn game and it gets pretty tiring. She's not a bad person by far, and you learn this pretty fast when she can't go through with killing you when she pulls off a certain plan hinging on her doing so, but god damn does all the lying and misinformation wear on you.

I've never been able to pin down her personality though, mostly because half the time you're talking to her she's lying or trying to manipulate you in some manner. Skipping past that though I can forgive how terribly two-faced she is because she probably has the best and most interesting past of all the heroines, having the closest tie to the main villian of the game. You really get why she does all the terrible things and goes to such lengths to do what she does, because she doesn't know how easy you can solve everything and she want the motherfucker you're fighting dead fast. I don't normally like Immortality Sucks I Want To Die stories, but I make one exception for Ciel.

PSYCHO BITCH TIER-
Kohaku: Okay so, I'm going to dispel all notion of Kohaku as her outwardly funny and happy persona for this paragraph. She's frighteningly calculated and you can see exactly how messed up she is. She's noticably petty and crazy bitch and dear lord, if there is one person in the entirety of Tsukihime who could frighten me, it's probably Kohaku. This makes her a great character, and her past is probably the main reason why I wish that instead of Kouma we had Makihisa just so you could BREAK HIS GOD DAMN FACE IN, because of what the hell she does. You feel terrible for her and at the same time are frightened of what she's capable of, and she earns her god damn happy route.

I don't like her over the rest because of the whole 'Let's kill the entire tohno family' plan. Her plan hinges on Akiha going 'oh my god my father is a complete and utter cock', yet she still decides to off her as well. This just kind of... really makes her seem like a complete bitch, if it was just Makihisa and Mr. Allcaps, I'd be on board even if there were some...questionable decisions in there. She literally has no god damn beef with Akiha and abuses the fact she feels like she owes Kohaku to -kill Akiha-. Because of her father who she had nothing to do with. That's just the bitchiest bitch move I have ever seen.

She's still a good character otherwise though, and she's full of these nice 'ahahaha this is a person who spent most of their lives locked up in a room being raped this is terrible' moments and lines, such as BMW's 'She doesn't know who Saber is after seeing Excalibur'. She's also hillarious and fun when you're not exploring how horrible her past is. This is less than with Arcueid, sadly.

LITTLE SISTER TIER-
Akiha: Clonriginal is going to kill me for ranking Akiha last, I think. I just really really don't think Akiha matches up to all the other heroines. She's a fine character, and I do have that particular weakness to Tsunderes... but this really isn't what Akiha is. She's a complete and utter bitch most of the time and when Shiki says she's taking things out on the guy who wasn't able to be there for her, he's right. She's kind of amusingly the most petty in the game. You simply really don't connect with her all that well and everything but her route kind of drives you away from liking her, up until the end of the game where she is a rampant psycho bitch (With an excuse.)

The only thing she really has going for her is the end of her route, which is beautiful. This is spoiled by oh god most you still call her your sister as you're banging her. D:

This is all mostly my opinion though, and really with the exception of Akiha (She gets mild approval) they're all great characters and probably some of the best written I've seen in a long time.

What is your favourite book?

Tough one. I'm going to go with Ender's game though- Read it for summer one year, absolutely loved it. Tough to say why though, for some reason.

If you could observe any era of history without interacting with it, what era would you pick, and why?

Paleolithic. I think it'd be interesting to see the earlier years of humanity compared to watching something we actually have in written history. It helps most of history involves me seething at assholes that get themselves recorded and how stupid humanity tends to be.

I heard Mabinogi is having an x2 exp event while I'm at Otakon. Will you avenge me by getting lots of exp? :D

oh shit what. *Checks site* GOD DAMNIT I JUST FINISHED TRAINING MY DRAGON TOO. D:

That said, Hell yes! I've cashed in most of my quests but I can probably cash the rest in for MASSIVE GAINS. Hopefully it applies to exploration too~

« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2011, 04:26:36 AM »
Can I hug you and pet you and call you George?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2011, 04:37:38 AM »
I wish that instead of Kouma we had Makihisa just so you could BREAK HIS GOD DAMN FACE IN, because of what the hell she does.

KAGETSU TOHYA SPOILERS AHEAD!

Kouma disappointed the hell out of me, because I kept expecting him to be someone way cooler.

When you see him for the very first time, my thoughts were "OH SHIT OH SHIT ROA'S NOT DEAD, IT'S ROUND FUCKIN' TWO HELL YEAH!" Then when I learned it was largely the summation of Shiki's fears, I became convinced it was indeed Big Daddy Tohno, simply because of how heavily Makihisa had presided over his early life. Then it just turns out to be this psychotic dude.

Who is cooler, Roa or SHIKI? Another dissertation, please.

EDITO!

Does this imply that you enjoyed picking answers calculated to piss off Ahika as much as I did?
Where are the Aoko's of yesteryear?

Considering your comparison of Ceil to Ahika, I would argue it's not quite there. Ceil lied to you because she was either trying to keep you from getting in too deep, or because she thought that you were the guy she was after. Ahika already knew you were in too deep, and lied to control you. Even when you told her the facts to her face, she still lied.

Also fuck you Ahika, you ain't my momma. I'll live my life my way.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 04:47:38 AM by Killer Purvis »

Chaore

« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2011, 05:05:42 AM »
Can I hug you and pet you and call you George?

I am actually explosively allergic to hugs. In that I explode when hugged.

So it's ill advised you do so.

Kouma Spoilers

Holy shit that is exactly my thoughts. Seriously, Shiki is basically scared shitless of Makihisa in his early years- and instead we get this one guy who killed his father. That he saw all of once. Not even killing his father or anything. Literally, the only scene he sees, Kouma as 'Crimson Red Vermillion', is hardly impactful and honestly rather tame. I'm sure a eloquent and brilliant man could explain how over time Shiki has forgiven Makihisa and grown fearful of what Kouma stands for as an out of control individual, but I have one response for them.

We could be beating Makihisa's face in playing Melty Blood if it wasn't for Kouma. This is unforgivable.

Who is cooler, Roa or SHIKI? Another dissertation, please.

Roa. Seriously, Roa is an excellent villain even if you can poke fun at how he doesn't seem to know how to wear clothes and if he's kind of another sympathetic villain. He manages to be threatening in all of two routes he stars in and is presented a serious and pretty badass threat. He's cocky and punchable, but you know he has good reason to be so. He doesn't get any outright amazing scenes, and in fact he gets his ass royally kicked in Arcueid path, but he does it like a good cocky villian.

Most of the strength in Roa comes from Ciel path where you read that 'book' about Roa's history and start connecting with him, even a tiny bit. Really everything from Roa in Ciel Path is amazing, he's at his most threatening. Even if it does lead up to 'SURPRESS ROA IN MY ASS SHIKI'.

SHIKI on the other hand is...really, really, terrible. I don't find myself anything less than annoyed by a jackass jumping through my house claiming 'I AM THE REAL SHIKI STFU BITCH' and he is a petty jealous incestuous asshole. He makes me cringe in the worst ways, and literally the best part of Akiha path was kicking his shit in. This is ruined by him actually fighting decently.

That said, he's not terrible and the coffee scene with him is easily a great scene, for both's reactions, and shows that when hes not in awful incest jealousy villain mode he's a decent character. So basically he'd be better if he wasn't evil. It also makes Roa twice as dastardly, he stole a good character from us!

Does this imply that you enjoyed picking answers calculated to piss off Ahika as much as I did?
Where are the Aoko's of yesteryear?

It gained a hollow feeling because you could do almost anything to piss Akiha off. Woman needs to get drunk more.

I imagine waiting for her own story to finally get published. Can't wait for that to get translated~

Considering your comparison of Ceil to Ahika, I would argue it's not quite there. Ceil lied to you because she was either trying to keep you from getting in too deep, or because she thought that you were the guy she was after. Ahika already knew you were in too deep, and lied to control you. Even when you told her the facts to her face, she still lied.

Also fuck you Ahika, you ain't my momma. I'll live my life my way.

Yeah Ciel is excusable in her lies, she doesn't know that telling Shiki that Roa sucks and is probably also the real Tohno Shiki would solve everything because MEDP and Badassry, while Akiha on the other hand knows damn well she could clear shit up if she told Shiki, but it's just how conviningly two-faced she has to make things, even on her path, that ticks me off. The worst part is that she actually knows you're still in there. Her solution is to kill you both while you're still here because you'd theoretically be easier to kill than Roa, and could kill her as a bonus. She doesn't try to go 'You can fight him!' until she finds she can't kill you.

Akiha is worse in this regard, no question. No hiding the truth won't make things happy especially when you haven't actually removed all evidence damnit.