Author Topic: The Complex of Horrors! (RP Thread)  (Read 72419 times)

Nietz

• NEETz
  • Normal Person
Re: The Complex of Horrors! (RP Thread)
« Reply #180 on: October 13, 2009, 11:55:13 PM »
"Maybee I can reprogram ze medbot fur rubble-removing duties?"

« Reply #181 on: October 14, 2009, 07:21:52 AM »
Ginger-R-UYT-1 rappels down the side of the bunker, and proceeds to inspect the rubble in sections, going from east to west.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2009, 07:46:53 AM by Mr_Bob »

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #182 on: October 14, 2009, 07:44:15 AM »
"Will the rubble-clearing bot still be able to perform medbot duties afterwards?"

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #183 on: October 14, 2009, 11:06:43 AM »
"Yeah, that's sort of my opinion too...agh, we aren't gonna get anywhere fast doing this. I'd rather let it save me from a Bad End or three, to be honest."

Rou-R-KAN-1 moves away his last piece of rubble before stamping around the room again in the hopes of finding another hollow segment in the floor. He does a clean lap of the room before walking into the center and repeating the process.

Nietz

• NEETz
  • Normal Person
« Reply #184 on: October 20, 2009, 09:19:27 PM »
Checks the medibot to se if it can be re-purposed for searching and clearing duties.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #185 on: October 20, 2009, 09:28:19 PM »
"Nietz, I thought I asked you not to touch that. Your hands are grubby."

Nietz

• NEETz
  • Normal Person
« Reply #186 on: October 24, 2009, 07:11:44 PM »
"Vell, vould not it be bezzer than letting all zis rubble laying around vithout cleaning?"

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #187 on: October 25, 2009, 01:34:47 PM »
Rou-R-KAN-1 thinks for a moment, trying to find a reason to stop Nietz picking at his medbot.

"...Wait, I've got it! Rather than clearing out the rubble by hand, maybe we could use the Voice of Friend Computer!"

Rou looks around the rubble to see if Jamie left behind his equipment...

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #188 on: October 25, 2009, 01:38:02 PM »
"Let me get clearance from Computer for you to make these modifications to the medbot."

* Abot-R-FCP-1 prepares the request

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #189 on: October 25, 2009, 04:30:01 PM »
Those looking at see a bit of the Voice of Friend Computer sticking out from the rubble. It should be easy enough to excavate.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #190 on: October 25, 2009, 08:27:22 PM »
"This'll do nicely. Looks like I tripped the right flag eventually~!"

Rou-R-KAN-1 starts digging into the rubble, hoping that the Voice is still intact...

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #191 on: October 25, 2009, 10:42:28 PM »
With a little work, the experimental device is dug out. It is dented here and there, but the instrument panels don't seem to be damaged.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #192 on: October 25, 2009, 10:44:56 PM »
"Great. Stand back, guys."

Rou-R-KAN-1 motions for everyone else to move back as he aims the Voice at the rubble, from some distance away. He tries his best to replicate the button commands he'd seen performed at the laboratory...

Nietz

• NEETz
  • Normal Person
« Reply #193 on: October 26, 2009, 11:28:31 PM »
"Vell, zat seems easier than fiddling with ze robot, I guess."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #194 on: October 27, 2009, 10:02:39 PM »
Rou-R-KAN-1 messes with the controls a little on the experimental weapon. It takes a few minutes worth of puttering to get the device to do anything, then:

YOU'RE GOING THE WRONG WAY, CITIZEN

The voice reverberates throughout the chamber, as the concentrated waves of sound rattle the fallen debris visibly; making some of the topmost things leap into the air. Then it settles again, with some small slides of scree here and there. The pile of debris is still there, but it has been rattled severely. Everyone can make out two depressions within it; one in roughly the middle of the pile, due north, and other close to the north-eastern end of the installation.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #195 on: October 27, 2009, 10:17:52 PM »
"Alright!"

Rou-R-KAN-1 decides to hold onto the Voice since his DMPP is pretty much out of commission.

"So, two paths. Should we split up here...?"

Rou starts poking at the depression in the middle of the pile.

« Reply #196 on: October 28, 2009, 08:55:14 AM »
Ginger-R-UYT-1 looks intently at all the equipment Rou-R-KAN-1 is burdened by.
Then offers a hand to the de-commissioned DMPP in order to lighten the load of the Hygiene Officer.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #197 on: October 29, 2009, 11:20:10 AM »
Rou-R-Kan's examinations suggest that the debris has yet to really settle in again, it should be a little faster to excavate, but also a bit more prone to collapse.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #198 on: October 29, 2009, 11:43:08 AM »
"Ah, sure."

Rou hands over what's left of the DMPP as he starts picking at the rock.

"Come on, I haven't tripped any loser flags today, so this should turn out fine..."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #199 on: October 30, 2009, 11:15:12 AM »
Roukan starts digging away at the middle part of the debris. It will take him some hours to do this alone.

« Reply #200 on: October 31, 2009, 09:04:51 AM »
After examining the experimental weapon, Ginger readies the DoorMarkerPlusPlus at the North-Eastern depression and pulls the trigger.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #201 on: October 31, 2009, 10:55:27 AM »
"Team leader Zengar! What do you think of the situation?"

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #202 on: November 01, 2009, 04:12:50 PM »
(Sorry for the lack of posting and whatnot, I have bad memory. -_-)
Well... I think we should all help Rou-R-KAN-1 digging... after all, it's better to stick together in case something... happens.

Nietz

• NEETz
  • Normal Person
« Reply #203 on: November 01, 2009, 08:16:22 PM »
Nietz-R-PHD-1 rummages into his toolbox for a tool suitable for digging.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #204 on: November 01, 2009, 10:50:01 PM »
Ginger points the DoorMakerPlusPlus at the northeastern part of the rubble and pulls the trigger. Nothing happens.

Nietz looks through his toolbox, but doesn't really find anything particularly appropriate for digging. There's a few items that may be useful in prying at loose rocks.

« Reply #205 on: November 07, 2009, 09:20:19 AM »
Ginger complies with Leader Zengar's suggestion in assisting Roukan with clearing rubble from the deprssion in the middle of the rubble.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #206 on: November 07, 2009, 10:29:52 PM »
The party pitches in, and within about twenty minutes or so they have successfully removed the rubble and scree to reveal a doorway. Given their wounds, it is not as pleasant of an experience as it could be, but the Docbot's prior ministrations keeps them mostly intact.

Beyond the doorway, a long hallway, twenty feet wide, stretches into the installation. It is barely lit; the lights running along the corners are dim and seem to be nearly spent. Still, it is easy to make the shockingly and treasonously colorful floor and walls. The floor seems to be composed of numerous colored tiles placed haphazardly, easily covering pretty much all of the primary colors. A line of red tiles forms a path that leads inside, twisting to and fro along the hall with no apparent pattern.

The walls bear various strange scenes that seem to have been skillfully painted on them. Many of them seem to be scenes of the Outdoors; at least the look kind of like scenes you've seen from Outdoors. Every in these scenes are people in strange clothes that do not declare any sort of security clearance; most are a rather dirty shade of brown. They seem to be moving among...yellowish wavy things that are Outdoors and carry weird-looking bladed tools. Some of them drive weird vehicles with comically large back wheels. The people seem to be rather disparate in appearance, with all sorts of skin colors and such. Beards and mustaches seem to be common on the men, though.

There are other scenes, as well, further in. Just barely visible from the entrance is what seems to be a picture of a room full of training manuals. This is interesting as it seems to have a kind of small storage container jutting out of the wall, but it is difficult to tell from this angle. Further in, you think you see something that looks sorta like a door painted onto the wall.

At the very back, there looms a huge thing that looks like a face; but it is some distance away and hard to make out in the poor light.

(OOC: This hallway is wide enough that I will need to be told which side of it you'll be walking down if you enter, right or left.)

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #207 on: November 07, 2009, 10:32:53 PM »
* Abot-R-FCP-1 starts inspecting the left wall

Nietz

• NEETz
  • Normal Person
« Reply #208 on: November 07, 2009, 11:30:19 PM »
Nietz-R-PHD-1 slowly walks along the wall up to the "room full of training manuals" picture, while giving glances to the other pictures along the way and to the face thing ahead.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #209 on: November 07, 2009, 11:41:39 PM »
Nietz-R makes his way inside, keeping to the right and traversing about thirty feet; walking along the red path for the last twenty of that as it wends over to his side of the hall.

Abot-R keeps to the left side, walking slowly inward and following the red path for the first ten feet or so. Thus far, he has gotten about twenty feet it.