Author Topic: Iku Nagae Drawing  (Read 1574 times)

Boomer

• Lifeless Energy
  • Attributes and weaknesses are the same.
Iku Nagae Drawing
« on: September 17, 2015, 12:59:42 AM »
http://img14.deviantart.net/6b2b/i/2015/259/8/d/touhou___iku_nagae_drawing_by_boomerbro-d99uhz0.jpg
Ah yes, it feels good to have finally picked up a pencil again.  This is a character that I actually wanted to draw for quite some time, and I have at last mustered up the courage and motivation to do just that.  I like to think that my art style has made an improvement over the time that I was away.

As for the process, it in truth took a lot longer than it should have; I chose bad times to continue working on this.  In any case, it is now finished and I no longer need to worry.
I just know what I know...

Mеа

• catnapping
  • three dots connect to rectangles
Re: Iku Nagae Drawing
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2015, 12:13:54 AM »
Hey it looks nice! I like the hands, looks soft and plushy.
Composition-wise, my curiosity is really drawn to that ball of lightning on the right. Probably because both arms are pointed towards it, drawing my attention there. So it saddens me a little to have it cut off. If you cropped this picture, may I suggest that you 'slide' the frame more to the right?  (I should also mention that Iku's head sits square in the middle of the frame, which happens to be the least interesting place to put important things a la rule of thirds.) If not, I hope you can take something out of this to plant in your head for future things.
You should continue to do things that feel good, keep picking up that pencil, keep drawing!
Naked expression; purple raspberry flavour