Author Topic: JoJo's Bizarre Grail War Part 2 - A Fate/Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 220988 times)

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
Re: JoJo's Bizarre Grail War Part 2 - A Fate/Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #390 on: October 09, 2017, 05:21:38 PM »
> Let's open a bag of chips and chat with Archer.
> "So, speaking of police...a lot of your stories have to do with you going up against the Sheriff of Nottingham. What was that guy like?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #391 on: October 09, 2017, 06:32:06 PM »
> Let's open a bag of chips and chat with Archer.
> "So, speaking of police...a lot of your stories have to do with you going up against the Sheriff of Nottingham. What was that guy like?"

>"He was a miserable bastard," says Robin, as she sits on an old stump, idly watching around. "I'm not sure how much of that was just him following orders, and how much was him being himself, though."

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #392 on: October 09, 2017, 07:34:04 PM »
> "Was he good at his job? Or was he a buffoon that made your work easier?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #393 on: October 09, 2017, 07:48:12 PM »
> "Was he good at his job? Or was he a buffoon that made your work easier?"

>"He was out of his element when dealing with me," says Robin, smirking a bit. "He was a passable constable, sure, but that's easy to do in town, and probably not that bad in the farmlands. But that's not where he knew to look for me."

>_

Amraphenson

• The problem is, you're a friend that likes to talk!
  • ...well, I am too!
« Reply #394 on: October 12, 2017, 03:24:51 AM »
>"Huh. And the Prince? What was he like?"
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 03:28:38 AM by Amraphenson »
Sugoiiii~
[23:02] <~Iced> You have sown the seeds of your own destruction Amra.
[23:20] <Stuffman> enjoy your personally crafted hell Amra

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #395 on: October 12, 2017, 01:04:56 PM »
>"Huh. And the Prince? What was he like?"

>"Oh that's easy, he wasn't like anything. There weren't any princes back then. Well, we had something like it, but what I dealt with was the Earl of Nottingham. And he...well, let's just say that David guy and him were two peas in a pod. Determined to extract out every bent coin he could out of the land. He wanted the biggest army, the most lavish manor, you name it. Pretty sure he had dreams of making a name for himself outside of Nottingham. Shame he had to waste so many resources coming after me, huh?"

>_

Amraphenson

• The problem is, you're a friend that likes to talk!
  • ...well, I am too!
« Reply #396 on: October 13, 2017, 05:22:22 AM »
>"Did you ever deal with him directly? Or did you kind of just run circles around his men? There are a lot of different versions to the story."
Sugoiiii~
[23:02] <~Iced> You have sown the seeds of your own destruction Amra.
[23:20] <Stuffman> enjoy your personally crafted hell Amra

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #397 on: October 13, 2017, 03:08:13 PM »
>"Did you ever deal with him directly? Or did you kind of just run circles around his men? There are a lot of different versions to the story."

>"Not really," says Robin. "He sallied out after us once in awhile, but we never really got him."

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #398 on: October 16, 2017, 01:50:26 AM »
> Continue chatting for a while.
> "Oh, that's right. I should try to figure out Lancer's identity. Probably won't be as easy this time, though."
> Google "native american spider". Browse through the first few results, check out Iktomi (as Draco suggested).
> Get to the bit about technology, his web, and the internet.
> Anything click?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #399 on: October 16, 2017, 01:57:11 AM »
> Continue chatting for a while.
> "Oh, that's right. I should try to figure out Lancer's identity. Probably won't be as easy this time, though."
> Google "native american spider". Browse through the first few results, check out Iktomi (as Draco suggested).
> Get to the bit about technology, his web, and the internet.
> Anything click?

>You end up talking about other things, trying to get a feel for the Nottingham of Robin's time. as near as you can tell, she comes sometime just before the unification of Britian into a single kingdom, or perhaps during it. She doesn't seem to think of it all as a single country, anyways.
>Some of this does feel like it would fit who you dealt with, but there's not quite enough to confirm things. You haven't really seen him in action or do much of anything, other than mess with archer when you weren't around. It's a shame you didn't see him deal with Berserker, that might have been revealing.

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #400 on: October 16, 2017, 02:14:16 AM »
> "I have an idea, but I guess I have to see him in action first."
> There's nothing else to do...
> "I guess I'll go to sleep early, so we can pack up and go before light."
> Let Archer have the phone back - show her the battery indicator and make sure she knows not to let it run out.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #401 on: October 16, 2017, 03:22:33 PM »
> "I have an idea, but I guess I have to see him in action first."
> There's nothing else to do...
> "I guess I'll go to sleep early, so we can pack up and go before light."
> Let Archer have the phone back - show her the battery indicator and make sure she knows not to let it run out.

>Archer nods. "I guess we can't figure out all of them at a glance. But if you think you have something to go on, that's better than nothing."
>There is little else to do. Camping sure is boring if you aren't into woodcraft!
>You show Archer how to make sure she doesn't run out your battery and let her have the phone. Then you try to get some sleep.
>Leaves twirl on the wind. With each moment, their motion slows, no less graceful and no less beautiful. This is good, it is as it should be. Their motion, the wind, the shaking of the trees, it all comes to an asymptotic slowness. never quite coming to a stop, but slowly inching across the sky. This is the correct way of things, bringing a sense of contentment. Forest stretches in every direction, living and vibrant. Birdsong and insect hums fill the air, each note coming a bit later than the last. You smile. It is good.
>Someone runs through the forest, their steps dulled as if moving through water. That is good. She is a young child and a mature woman, pushing the boundaries of her world. Each step takes her further into the unknown, and she rejoices. Each step is slower than the last, an you rejoice.  Her youthful enthusiasm runs wild with each new sight. Her developed sensibilities take in each new bit of information, trying to derive more knowledge from it. There is no longer a forest, simply a world of myriad combinations, numerous potential recipes and reactions. Somewhere out there is the next step toward the end of the journey. To the east, glowing like the faintest of sunsets, there is pain.
>Brown and red leaves twist through the air, drifting downward. With each moment, their descent slows. This is in accordance with the world. A woman in browns dashes through them, each step bringing a crackle of of smashed leaves. A woolen cloak flutters out behind her, the hood pulled up. Each note of of her footsteps comes slower than the last. Her run is displeasing in its speed, but it too is slowing. You can hear others chasing her, but she is not worried or frightened. They are doing precisely what she wants. Their angry shouts becomes cries of dismay, and she stops. The world is not still, but almost. It is perfect. To the east, glowing like the faintest of sunsets, there is pain.
>Wakefulness comes slowly to you, accompanied by achiness. This sleeping bag is not nearly as soft as you had hoped...

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #402 on: October 17, 2017, 03:04:25 AM »
> "This sleeping bag is not nearly as soft as I had hoped."
> Take in surroundings. Is it light yet?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #403 on: October 17, 2017, 03:14:08 AM »
> "This sleeping bag is not nearly as soft as I had hoped."
> Take in surroundings. Is it light yet?

>Not really.
>"Nothing's happened," comes Archer's voice from outside your tent.

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #404 on: October 17, 2017, 05:14:42 AM »
> "What time is it?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #405 on: October 17, 2017, 05:24:57 AM »

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #406 on: October 17, 2017, 05:40:22 AM »
> "I guess we should pack up, then."
> Idle for a few minutes until we come to our senses, then get up and get ready to go.

The ⑨th Zentillion

• The impeaches were delicious...
  • Now hungry for conviction!
    • Zentillion's Tumblr
« Reply #407 on: October 17, 2017, 05:52:46 AM »
>Still, what was that dream about? Some of our Servant's memories? Or something else?
>Hmm, also, now that we're up, what to have for breakfast?
Did you bring a light?
...No...

Smash the Fash; The far right belongs in the TRASH.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #408 on: October 17, 2017, 02:41:55 PM »
> "I guess we should pack up, then."
> Idle for a few minutes until we come to our senses, then get up and get ready to go.

>Still, what was that dream about? Some of our Servant's memories? Or something else?
>Hmm, also, now that we're up, what to have for breakfast?

>You idle for a bit, trying to become a little less sore.
>You aren't sure what that dream was about. But it was particularly vivid, and you can recall it fairly well, you think. Thinking on it, it seemed too disjointed to be about just one person. You've had dreams somewhat like this, that aspect of slowness is almost always in them. But usually they're more...normal? Mundane? You aren't sure exactly.

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #409 on: October 18, 2017, 02:33:41 AM »
> Get up and change clothes. Once finished, exit tent, grab a bottle of water from the cooler, and try to walk off the stiffness.
> Realize that we are about to spend our second full day in a row in the car without taking a shower. Between this and sleeping on the ground, it would probably be sensible to stay at a hotel from time to time even with a campsite available.
> "Good morning," we say to Archer as we stumble around in the dark.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #410 on: October 18, 2017, 04:31:33 AM »
> Get up and change clothes. Once finished, exit tent, grab a bottle of water from the cooler, and try to walk off the stiffness.
> Realize that we are about to spend our second full day in a row in the car without taking a shower. Between this and sleeping on the ground, it would probably be sensible to stay at a hotel from time to time even with a campsite available.
> "Good morning," we say to Archer as we stumble around in the dark.

>"Morning," says Archer as you stumble out. She is currently sitting on stump, catting sticks into arrow shafts. Thinking on it, you don't know if she can run out of arrows or not...
>"We got a message from Lancer. I...can't really make sense of it."

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #411 on: October 18, 2017, 05:09:59 AM »
> Rub eyes.
> "Lemme see."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #412 on: October 18, 2017, 04:07:37 PM »
> Rub eyes.
> "Lemme see."

>You take the phone and check chat. It seems that Lancer has sent you a picture! It seems to the parking lot of the Commodore Perry Service Area; after running it through Blingee. Ah, there's a large pink arrow pointing to your car when you parked there, which is surrounded by Snoop Dogs. There's a bunch of glittery lipstick stains at the corners.

>_

The ⑨th Zentillion

• Zentillion's Tumblr
« Reply #413 on: October 18, 2017, 06:40:23 PM »
>Look at it. Good ol' Blingee. But there's something worrying about this, did Lancer do something to our car while we were sleeping?!
>"Uh, I think we need to get to the car. Like, now."
Did you bring a light?
...No...

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #414 on: October 18, 2017, 07:06:47 PM »
>Look at it. Good ol' Blingee. But there's something worrying about this, did Lancer do something to our car while we were sleeping?!
>"Uh, I think we need to get to the car. Like, now."

>"Do I want to know why?" says Archer.

>_

The ⑨th Zentillion

• Zentillion's Tumblr
« Reply #415 on: October 18, 2017, 07:29:24 PM »
>"Ah. This image, either he's taunting us; sabotage or leaving something important. Better check it out ASAP, basically."
Did you bring a light?
...No...

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #416 on: October 18, 2017, 08:01:53 PM »
>"Ah. This image, either he's taunting us; sabotage or leaving something important. Better check it out ASAP, basically."

>"I wasn't paying the strictest attention to the car," says Archer, "But I did keep kind of an eye on it, and nothing happened. Only three cars passed by all night."

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #417 on: October 19, 2017, 02:32:42 AM »
Relax, I'm pretty sure he's just being an asshole.

> "You're sure? Alright..."
> Relax and attempt to come up with a witty retort to the picture. "Since you found us, I'll give you another important piece of intel: Sbarro sucks."
> "We should probably get packed up quickly anyway."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #418 on: October 19, 2017, 03:06:21 AM »
> "You're sure? Alright..."
> Relax and attempt to come up with a witty retort to the picture. "Since you found us, I'll give you another important piece of intel: Sbarro sucks."
> "We should probably get packed up quickly anyway."

>You send off your retort. There's no immediate response, Lancer is probably occupied some way or another.
>Archer nods. "I have a good feeling we'll be able to get to our goal today." With that, she sets into taking down your tent.

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #419 on: October 19, 2017, 03:21:21 AM »
> Pretend to be useful. Pick up the cooler and any garbage left around.
> Check the news if we have a moment?