Author Topic: JoJo's Bizarre Grail War Part 2 - A Fate/Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 220782 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: JoJo's Bizarre Grail War Part 2 - A Fate/Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #210 on: August 31, 2017, 12:55:13 AM »
>Curse you, Muffet! *shakes fist*
>Just keep an eye out. If you can spot some clue about any of this, that'd be great.
>Text: "Can you blame me for being cautious when someone invites me out into the middle of the woods and won't say why?"

>BUY A DONUT ASSHOLE
>"Thinking back," says Archer as you make your way across the highway, "I am sure it happened when I stepped down. So maybe something in the ground?"
>"Why, you're acting like you didn't volunteer for this sort of thing!" the unknown person responds. "Then again, it's easy to be all complaints when its suddenly not you that's winning, hm?"

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #211 on: August 31, 2017, 10:03:47 PM »
so this person is using the internet to contact us, and also seems to be spider-themed, where a spider's web also reminds one of the internet...this servant can only be one person. AL GORE.

> "It's a little early to be calling the game, isn't it?" Only continue this insipid conversation to have an excuse to move slowly and give Archer time to come back.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #212 on: August 31, 2017, 11:13:55 PM »
> "It's a little early to be calling the game, isn't it?" Only continue this insipid conversation to have an excuse to move slowly and give Archer time to come back.

>"An upper hand is an upper hand," says the unknown person, as you start descending down toward the river bank. "But that's true, one shouldn't be too cocky."

>_

Monarda

• Tactician that has a soft spot for cuteness.
  • Art by Amibazh
« Reply #213 on: September 01, 2017, 12:53:03 AM »
>Text: "...there is one thing i must ask though, whatever you did, you didn't peep in on my Private Messages did you ?"
>Ponder what he/she could have seen if that's the case.

« Reply #214 on: September 01, 2017, 01:22:29 AM »
>Er, this is probably not something to ask this of an enemy during a hostile situation

>Stepped down? You weren't on the ground before around the time you got stung?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #215 on: September 01, 2017, 01:32:20 AM »
>Text: "...there is one thing i must ask though, whatever you did, you didn't peep in on my Private Messages did you ?"
>Ponder what he/she could have seen if that's the case.
>Er, this is probably not something to ask this of an enemy during a hostile situation

>Stepped down? You weren't on the ground before around the time you got stung?

>You decide not to veer off topic.
>"I meant when my foot touched the ground while walking," Archer sends.

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #216 on: September 01, 2017, 01:48:04 AM »
If this isn't a plain old ambush, we're probably about to be blackmailed with evidence regarding Koch's death. The only thing of value we have is the mana thingy, so they probably want that. Of course, once they have it, they have absolutely no reason to leave us alive, so I think we should gamble on some japery in the coming encounter.

Since we already look like an idiot...

> "Why is everyone ganging up on me, anyway? I didn't think I was that important." Maybe they know the real reason everyone is passing through the area, and would enjoy correcting us.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #217 on: September 01, 2017, 01:54:26 AM »
> "Why is everyone ganging up on me, anyway? I didn't think I was that important." Maybe they know the real reason everyone is passing through the area, and would enjoy correcting us.

>"Gotta happen sometime," Big_Spider replies. "Besides, why are you complaining when you'd do the same if you had the chance?"
>"I'm here," Archer sends.

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #218 on: September 01, 2017, 07:26:38 AM »
>"Gotta happen sometime," Big_Spider replies. "Besides, why are you complaining when you'd do the same if you had the chance?"

MOTHERFUCKER. THEY REALLY ARE GANGING UP ON US.

> Grumble and proceed. Let's get this over with.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #219 on: September 01, 2017, 07:37:46 AM »
> Grumble and proceed. Let's get this over with.

>You make your way down to the riverbank. The Yellow River itself is a muddy and slow-moving thing, maybe twenty-five feet across. It wends its way through a little woods, the tree canopy above nearly enough to cut off the cut above the river. It's not exactly dark here, but it is a bit shadowy. Soon, you find the deer trail, or at least you assume that is it. You start down it, trying to keep your nerves in check.
>"I still don't like the way all the plants are just gone from the forest floor," Archer sends. "That's got to be part of what's going on."
>You aren't sure what she means, it doesn't looks particularly stripped down to you at all; it looks like every other woods you've been in. Admittedly this wouldn't be too many, but still... Your mysterious tormentor should be just up ahead.

>_

« Reply #220 on: September 01, 2017, 09:13:29 AM »
>All the plants are gone? It doesn't look unusually bare to me....
>How big and branchy are the trees in this area? Do they look like they'd provide enough purchase for Archer, at least, to be able to avoid the forest floor if there really is some magical danger built into it?
>For that matter, would we be able to detect any enchantment upon the ground if we put our mind to it?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #221 on: September 01, 2017, 09:19:25 AM »
>All the plants are gone? It doesn't look unusually bare to me....
>How big and branchy are the trees in this area? Do they look like they'd provide enough purchase for Archer, at least, to be able to avoid the forest floor if there really is some magical danger built into it?
>For that matter, would we be able to detect any enchantment upon the ground if we put our mind to it?

>"Well, not all of them," says Archer. "But don't you think it's unusually bare? You can just walk right through it. It's not even a woods so much as a bunch of trees."
>You really don't get what she's talking about.
>The trees vary in age and size, but there are certainly a number she could climb.
>Maybe?

>_

« Reply #222 on: September 01, 2017, 09:26:27 AM »
>Hold still a bit.
>Let's focus  and see if we can detect any enchantment on the ground nearby

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #223 on: September 01, 2017, 09:30:53 AM »
>Hold still a bit.
>Let's focus  and see if we can detect any enchantment on the ground nearby

>"I'm just to your left, keeping pace," sends Archer.
>You focus and try to search out something mystical going on...and....you think you can kind of feel...something? You aren't sure. It's subtle.

>_

« Reply #224 on: September 01, 2017, 09:38:52 AM »
>Keep focusing and try to narrow in on it a little

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #225 on: September 01, 2017, 09:41:13 AM »
>Keep focusing and try to narrow in on it a little

>You try to focus, and...there's definitely something off about the ground. You can't really tell what, it's like trying to grab fog.
>"Master!" comes Archer's voice in your thoughts. You can hear something moving ahead.

>_

« Reply #226 on: September 01, 2017, 09:44:33 AM »
>What's wrong?!
>Can we tell what's wrong?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #227 on: September 01, 2017, 09:52:53 AM »
>What's wrong?!
>Can we tell what's wrong?

>"Someone's coming!" she sends.
>You think somethings approaching from ahead.

>_

« Reply #228 on: September 01, 2017, 09:56:58 AM »
>There's definitely something magically off about the ground. I think we should be off of it.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #229 on: September 01, 2017, 10:01:51 AM »
>There's definitely something magically off about the ground. I think we should be off of it.

>"Well, that's a little hard," Archer sends.
>"Oh, someone's getting curious!" comes a jovial mid-range man's voice from ahead,
>"Don't let your guard down," answers a younger woman, with a hint of a plains state accent?
>While there isn't much brush to conceal anyone, there are trees, which do a fair amount to limit vision. But you can see two people approaching, a tall thin man and a woman.

>_

« Reply #230 on: September 01, 2017, 10:13:11 AM »
>Well, there's trees, if you can spot one nearby with a wide enough place to perch yourself. I can't tell what the enchantment does, but it seems healthier not to be standing on it.
>Theoretically speaking, even if a Wall is made from matter in the ground, do we suspect it being a construct of our magic would exclude it from whatever potentially-harmful enchantment is active here?
>They're close enough that they've almost certainly also spotted us, right? If so: "I take it you're our mysterious arachnid friend, then."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #231 on: September 01, 2017, 10:25:15 AM »
>Well, there's trees, if you can spot one nearby with a wide enough place to perch yourself. I can't tell what the enchantment does, but it seems healthier not to be standing on it.
>Theoretically speaking, even if a Wall is made from matter in the ground, do we suspect it being a construct of our magic would exclude it from whatever potentially-harmful enchantment is active here?
>They're close enough that they've almost certainly also spotted us, right? If so: "I take it you're our mysterious arachnid friend, then."

>"I'll keep it in mind," Archer sends, "It's hard to shimmy up a tree in the middle of a fight, but maybe I can arrange for something."
>You suspect it depends on what that enchantment does. It may, or it may not. There's too many varied cases to really know.
>Likely they've seen you.
>"Oh, guilty as charged," says the man as he strides toward you, leading the way. He is very clearly of Native American origins, and dressed like one from a storybook to boot; wearing no shirt and a pair of what you assume as buckskin pants. His unbound hair reaches down his back with beads woven into it here and there. he wears a headband with four feathers on each side, pointed downward. A cocky grin rests on his lips, and he carries spear tipped with stone, which he is using like a walking stick. He's a curious combination of muscular and thin; not quite buff but definitely with defined muscles. 
>His companion is quiet. She too is Native American, wearing weathered jeans and an old-looking grayish t-shirt, and what seems to be a kind of choker made from long beads. She has backpack as well. She's a bit taller than you, with a build you wouldn't quite call stout, but close. Her hair is similar to her companion's, but undecorated. She is openly staring at you, sizing you up, you imagine. She tries to keep a neutral expression, but the mistrust in it is obvious.
>"So, is your friend beside you going to keep hiding?" says the man, gesturing to your left with his free hand.

>_

« Reply #232 on: September 01, 2017, 10:43:18 AM »
>Are we familiar enough with Native American iconography to guess at either of their tribe?

This raises the interesting question about whether we have Archer drop her camouflage as an act of goodwill (since we might still be able to have a sensible conversation with these people in theory) or have her keep it up despite her location being known (so as to potential disguise her identity and abilities) which probably makes us seem more hostile. I mean, from the other master's position, someone refusing to unhide someone under these circumstances could seem like a very direct and immediate threat to their life. (Although Caster might already have seen Archer enough to know she's Archer)

The ⑨th Zentillion

• The impeaches were delicious...
  • Now hungry for conviction!
    • Zentillion's Tumblr
« Reply #233 on: September 01, 2017, 10:46:44 AM »
>Well, at least we can say for certain our new foes are definitely NOT a privleged asshole Libertarian CEO and an equally privleged asshole-y Servant.
>Size up both of these people. Which one is which?
Did you bring a light?
...No...

Smash the Fash; The far right belongs in the TRASH.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #234 on: September 01, 2017, 10:49:01 AM »
>Are we familiar enough with Native American iconography to guess at either of their tribe?

>You are not terribly well-studied on them. You know enough to know there's a shitton of subdivisions, though.

>Well, at least we can say for certain our new foes are definitely NOT a privleged asshole Libertarian CEO and an equally privleged asshole-y Servant.
>Size up both of these people. Which one is which?

>For reals. Not many Native Americans in the Fortune 500
>You're certain the man is the servant, his clothing makes it blatantly obvious, but you're not sure which. Lancer or Caster feels fitting. Saber seems unlikely

>_

« Reply #235 on: September 01, 2017, 10:53:50 AM »
>Might he be Iktomi, the Lakota trickster spirit, who is a shapeshifting spider known to take the form of a human man and viewed as a patron of new technology - a belief sometimes interpreted today to extend to computers, with the various networks that connect them his web?

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #236 on: September 01, 2017, 10:56:54 AM »
Goddamn you people and your wide-spread mythology knowledge.

> How much room do we have in our car at present?
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Amraphenson

• The problem is, you're a friend that likes to talk!
  • ...well, I am too!
« Reply #237 on: September 01, 2017, 11:02:48 AM »
Haha, I get it, he's a Lancer cause he spearheads innovation.
Sugoiiii~
[23:02] <~Iced> You have sown the seeds of your own destruction Amra.
[23:20] <Stuffman> enjoy your personally crafted hell Amra

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #238 on: September 01, 2017, 11:03:22 AM »
>Might he be Iktomi, the Lakota trickster spirit, who is a shapeshifting spider known to take the form of a human man and viewed as a patron of new technology - a belief sometimes interpreted today to extend to computers, with the various networks that connect them his web?

>You suppose it's possible? There isn't too much evidence yet, but it could be? You're also a bit hazy on Native American stuff.

> How much room do we have in our car at present?

>You could put all the stuff in back seat in the trunk, if you were hurting for room. Or just shove it over to one side.

>_

« Reply #239 on: September 01, 2017, 11:08:51 AM »
So.... do we have Archer drop the cloak as a gesture of goodwill or tell her to go climb a literal tree?