Author Topic: 東方意地奴 ~ Touhou Ijiyatsu - Monarchly Moron (Ver. 1.00e)  (Read 62335 times)

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
Re: 東方意地奴 ~ Touhou Ijiyatsu - Monarchly Moron (Ver. 1.00e)
« Reply #600 on: November 18, 2009, 05:50:23 PM »
Yes. How about the multiplier increases the more you graze over time (like SA)?

I'm happy to go with a risk-for-reward flavour. How different from SA can we make it?

« Reply #601 on: November 18, 2009, 05:58:17 PM »
I wouldn't be able to quantify the limit that can be done, so you'll just have to suggest things and I'll give the yes or no. More often than not, it's possible, so don't worry about truly batshit ideas. Which is kind of why I keep asking in this thread for opinions, because you guys are capable of pushing ideas beyond what I know how to code, which I like. Challenge
Spoiler:
me
us.

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #602 on: November 18, 2009, 06:06:42 PM »
@Naut: I see where you're coming from. I think we addressed some of those issues by proposing that Gpop's no-damage bomb only uses half a bomb fragment, but i'm still interested if we could make this idea work and be satisfactory for everyone.

What if, when you use it by itself it only uses half-bomb, does no damage, and gives invulnerability, but if you use it as a Death-bomb it explodes and functions more like a normal bomb that deals damage? It could have a little bit lower bomb damage to compensate for the dual functionality. Or instead, you could make the nodamage bomb activate if you use a bomb unfocused, while the damage bomb activate when you are focused?

Going off the first idea I proposed, more time spent unfocused ---> score multiplier goes up to a max of a certain amount?  The other reason I just thought of why this would be neat, is because it would basically make Rou the choice pick for unfocused runs (plus, competitive unfocused score runs might actually be feasable in this case)

But I guess being boring and doing graze-->multiplier would be good too. ;) But this would almost certainly make Rou the only good scoring type in the game, wouldn't it?
Tumblr (sometimes NSFW) | PM for Facebook

Drake

« Reply #603 on: November 18, 2009, 06:17:37 PM »
I'll discuss all this much more later, but just saying there already is a graze multiplier. If Rou gets a power boost unfocused and a score multipler unfocused, we could just add it in.

I also like the idea of returned power upon death being proportional to the stage.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Serp

• It's all about overwhelming force and irresistible style
  • And in a pinch, style can slide
« Reply #604 on: November 18, 2009, 07:22:07 PM »
As much as I hate to throw Alice under the bus, I have been wanting to get into the Ijiatsu 'verse, and if Rou needs another partner, I'm there.

I'm considering, then, for Rou A to have something like a snake option to emulate Shou's curvy lasers. Does that make sense?

Oh, this gives me a good idea.  I was thinking of something along the lines of UFO SanaeA (my favorite UFO shot type, and snakey to boot), or maybe PCB SakuyaB, but maybe we can come up with something that borrows from both:

Suppose that initially, I shoot out curvy lasers that go back and forth enough to cover a straight vertical column in front of Rou.  Moving unfocused to the left causes the leftward oscillation of the lasers to become more exaggerated compared to their rightward oscillation, and vice versa for unfocused motion to the right.  Focusing locks in the lasers' properties, like with PCB SakuyaB.  The result of this should be that at close range, the lasers are hitting stuff directly in front of Rou, but as they get further away, their net motion curves more and more in one direction. 

How's that for batshit?

Regarding other shot gimmicks, I fully support doing away with a ReimuA style flawless homing attack, but some sort of partial homing shot type (like PCB Sakuya A) might be cool to have available.  I'm also wary of having any shot type's gimmick be purely score-related, as most players are probably going to ignore score in a game where it doesn't directly net you extra lives.
[15:13] <Sana> >:<

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #605 on: November 18, 2009, 07:27:06 PM »
I support this, if only because I personally would think it'd be hilarious and perfectly fitting for Rou to have a curvy laser attack.

Slaves

• uHHH,
  • uHHHHHHHHHH,,,
« Reply #606 on: November 18, 2009, 08:08:11 PM »
I am happy to not be the only person who remembers this. :)

is it bad that i forgot even though i was the one that started the thread? :V

Gpop

« Reply #607 on: November 18, 2009, 08:22:05 PM »
I am happy to not be the only person who remembers this. :)

Best derail ever.

« Reply #608 on: November 18, 2009, 08:22:19 PM »
Random crazy idea I had: design an Embodiment pattern for each stage as if the Embodiment was going to be there throughout the entire stage, so as to complement whatever's currently on the screen. And then, of course, it's only active if there is an Embodiment present.

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #609 on: November 18, 2009, 08:29:01 PM »
Best derail ever.

is it bad that i forgot even though i was the one that started the thread? :V

Slaves needs at least one spell card that involves trains or the derailing of trains, and makes a reference to 2012.

DO NOT FORGET THIS ANYONE. It is very important. Enough symbolism to make an English major cry.

Moerin

• What's punk? It's an explosion of suppressed dissatisfaction.
  • It's the roar of the soul!
« Reply #610 on: November 18, 2009, 08:32:36 PM »
Slaves needs at least one spell card that involves trains or the derailing of trains, and makes a reference to 2012.

DO NOT FORGET THIS ANYONE. It is very important. Enough symbolism to make an English major cry.

But Slaves has train danmaku already~
The solution to all of life's problems!

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥
"For hearts long lost and full of fright, for those alone in blackest night, accept our ring and join our fight... Love Conquers All -  with violet light!"

Slaves

• uHHH,
  • uHHHHHHHHHH,,,
« Reply #611 on: November 18, 2009, 08:36:55 PM »
Slaves needs at least one spell card that involves trains or the derailing of trains

uh

Gpop

« Reply #612 on: November 18, 2009, 08:49:04 PM »

Stolen

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #613 on: November 18, 2009, 08:56:09 PM »
uh

and makes a reference to 2012.

Name the spell card Origin[The Derail of 2012], and we're all set.  :V

Gpop

« Reply #614 on: November 18, 2009, 08:58:21 PM »

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #615 on: November 18, 2009, 09:18:02 PM »
Which:   Red = original (top right) rest is improvised colours. (other color suggestions are welcome as well )

NOTE: This is about the colour of the spellcircle reading the text: "Border of Idiocy"  not the other ones :V

« Last Edit: November 18, 2009, 09:42:28 PM by Helepolis »

« Reply #616 on: November 18, 2009, 09:19:48 PM »
I kinda like the pink/lower-left - still has a lot of pop on a wide variety of background colors like the red, but a little less harsh.

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #617 on: November 18, 2009, 09:20:07 PM »
Red stands out the best, though blue goes best since Idiot Energy is light blue.

Then again, it's hard to tell exactly what stands out best, if we don't plan on having a psychedelic disco floor background in the actual game. :V

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #618 on: November 18, 2009, 09:20:47 PM »
Images.
Well, Blue appears to be the color of choice for the idiot hierarchy, so going with blue on principal.  :V

« Reply #619 on: November 18, 2009, 09:21:22 PM »
Then again, it's hard to tell exactly what stands out best, if we don't plan on having a psychedelic disco floor background in the actual game. :V

's true, but the fact that the disco floor has so many colors helps a little.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #620 on: November 18, 2009, 09:24:37 PM »
I intentionally used my own Afro BG because it has quite the varies in colours so it shows how it would stand out in a crowded background. Just don't forget nothing is being OFFICIAL with the opinions given. It is just taken into my photoshop file and then later on judge again how it looks when we are demorolling or something.

Because eventually the image will be put into one file like ZUN does and from there called into the engine. But that doesn't mean it can be modified later ( as the PSD file remains ) =)

EDIT: 

FFFFFF Drake I waited for you and Naut long time in channel on irc but you didn't show up. I'll pm you the code in PM :V
« Last Edit: November 18, 2009, 09:39:56 PM by Helepolis »

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #621 on: November 18, 2009, 09:56:44 PM »
Naut: After some thought, the no-damage Gpop bomb is sort of awkward. Bombs are meant to clear the screen, so not doing damage is sort of against that.

...But did you have to diss Nitori? ;_;

Hele: I like the blue, myself, though on a strangely related note I can see a kappa border there. STOP, HELE(ry

« Reply #622 on: November 18, 2009, 10:51:26 PM »
FFFFFF Drake I waited for you and Naut long time in channel on irc but you didn't show up. I'll pm you the code in PM :V

Considering you started the comment with "Drake", I just didn't message you for the three hours I was on IRC earlier today because it seemed like you only wanted him, but ok.

Naut: After some thought, the no-damage Gpop bomb is sort of awkward. Bombs are meant to clear the screen, so not doing damage is sort of against that.

colon vee

Yes sir, yes I did.

Which:

Use different colors for different bosses.

« Reply #623 on: November 18, 2009, 10:53:50 PM »

C'mon, I <3 Nitori too but SA MarisaC is pretty crap. =P

Gpop

« Reply #624 on: November 18, 2009, 11:00:06 PM »

Whether you get hit or not will clear the screen.

And if you guys are really against it, then you could make the shot-type 2x stronger in the bomb duration =/.

« Reply #625 on: November 18, 2009, 11:01:49 PM »
Or I could cast huge fucking lasers around the screen blowing the shit out of everything

But if you really want such a one dimentional bomb then ok :(

Gpop

« Reply #626 on: November 18, 2009, 11:04:12 PM »
Or I could cast huge fucking lasers around the screen blowing the shit out of everything

But if you really want such a one dimentional bomb then ok :(

You can use that for GpopA.

I dunno what the bomb is gonna be for that so do whatever you want with that then.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #627 on: November 18, 2009, 11:05:21 PM »
I wouldn't be able to quantify the limit that can be done, so you'll just have to suggest things and I'll give the yes or no. More often than not, it's possible, so don't worry about truly batshit ideas. Which is kind of why I keep asking in this thread for opinions, because you guys are capable of pushing ideas beyond what I know how to code, which I like. Challenge
Spoiler:
me
us.

My original idea was to have base item values higher than normal. Could we implement the multiplier to work off how many point items he's collected? Like every 100 point items gives him an additional 0.10 on top of the game's normal scoring multiplier. I want something that encourages 100% collection.

« Reply #628 on: November 18, 2009, 11:27:45 PM »
My original idea was to have base item values higher than normal. Could we implement the multiplier to work off how many point items he's collected? Like every 100 point items gives him an additional 0.10 on top of the game's normal scoring multiplier. I want something that encourages 100% collection.

Serpentarius mentioned earlier that a character that gets a point bonus as their gimmick is kind of lame, and I have to agree with him now. Something less point driven might be a better choice, since score runs will always be best with your character.

You can use that for GpopA.

I dunno what the bomb is gonna be for that so do whatever you want with that then.

:D

Suppose that initially, I shoot out curvy lasers that go back and forth enough to cover a straight vertical column in front of Rou.  Moving unfocused to the left causes the leftward oscillation of the lasers to become more exaggerated compared to their rightward oscillation, and vice versa for unfocused motion to the right.  Focusing locks in the lasers' properties, like with PCB SakuyaB.  The result of this should be that at close range, the lasers are hitting stuff directly in front of Rou, but as they get further away, their net motion curves more and more in one direction.

Yeah totally forgot to respond to this earlier:

[idiotteim]
I'm having trouble picturing what you mean, so here are my guesses...

Am I close?
[/idiotteim]

How's that for batshit?

I like the way you think. Even if I can't even understand it.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #629 on: November 18, 2009, 11:28:54 PM »
Okay, now that we seem to be on a relatively good roll for contribution in terms of posting it's probably a good time to ask this.

Is it possible to keep this thread for discussion of/contribution to the actual game, rather than fanart/background info? While I will admit that the fanart is what kept the project going, it's getting at some points to the extent where actual progress is missed because everyone's looking at the latest artwork. Also, it'll help in terms of getting people to speak up and produce.

I don't want to come off as trying to ruin everyone's fun by asking this, but if we're actually going to go the whole way with this game then it pretty much needs to be done. If we're going to piss off the entire Touhou community with a shrinemaiden.org self-insert game, then by Kanako it's gonna be a damn good self-insert game.