Author Topic: 東方意地奴 ~ Touhou Ijiyatsu - Monarchly Moron (Ver. 1.00e)  (Read 62324 times)

Re: 東方意地奴 ~ Touhou Ijiyatsu - Monarchly Moron (Ver. 1.00e)
« Reply #270 on: November 12, 2009, 05:40:21 PM »
Ruro is saying "I made you a strawberry ... but I eated it."

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #271 on: November 12, 2009, 07:41:47 PM »
I can't really tell the difference in being distinct from the wings, but the less bright one looks a little bit better anyway.

It'll probably be fine once its animated and the wings are actually moving compared to the dress though. Good work~!
Tumblr (sometimes NSFW) | PM for Facebook

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #272 on: November 12, 2009, 07:54:24 PM »
I guess I should use common data-related scripts to test the other shot types :V
I guess it was a mess related to how the MarisaA type is also supposed to obtain more options as you obtain power items (Or something).

Drake

« Reply #273 on: November 12, 2009, 08:27:48 PM »
That was exactly the problem. For one reason or another the common data giving Marisa power moved over to Zengar, and for some reason there's no limit right now (although looking at the code it looks like it does) so the more power you get during the stage the more insanely fast you can mow down Mitori. All of her spells but the timeouts didn't even survive an entire wave. Her last spell took 12 seconds.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Maid Xan~

• Oh. Uh... Hey... Hey there, Koto.
  • What... what are you smiling like that for, Koto?
« Reply #274 on: November 12, 2009, 09:04:27 PM »
WHO WILL A-F DRAWN NEXT?
There are people in this world who enjoy being alone. But there isn't a single person who can bear solitude.

Mounting Jaggis

• It's a dinosaur rodeo!
  • Yeee haww!
« Reply #275 on: November 12, 2009, 10:51:53 PM »
This is what I got for the Death Fairy animation

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #276 on: November 12, 2009, 10:52:34 PM »
This is what I got for the Death Fairy animation

Wait I...is it wielding a giant flower?

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #277 on: November 12, 2009, 10:53:37 PM »
Nice going there. Considerting that fairies barely get any animation at all, this is a delicious extra~
Wait I...is it wielding a giant flower?
That's a normal for bigger fairies, I think. At least the UFO ones do so.

Fetch()tirade

• serial time-waster
« Reply #278 on: November 12, 2009, 10:59:15 PM »
Well then. I have just arrived from my now-completed penance for cursing out the Lord, which was a small matter of committing seppuku with the flat end of a toy hammer, and am now finally ready to once again present my ideas up for judgment. I even colored it in for you illiterate morons so that deciphering it would be a little easier.
Note that there is a little disclaimer at the bottom. If you have the patience, go ahead and read it.
Before I start, I would like to present to you the world premiere of
Flashtirade's Crappy Artist's Conception Convention! Within the convention will be various pieces of my designs that I felt needed to be broken down and/or demonstrated. I will be linking Convention often, so be sure to check it out!

Alright, here we go.

Disclaimer: Any images or explanations within this post and others of mine that are of a similar nature are generally not to be taken at face value. They are simply a visual representation of spell cards that I have come up with, and they are by all means meant to be left to interpretation and/or change by those actually programming the game. If you feel something should be changed or deleted, or if you just want to make a comment; go ahead, I don't really care.

Spell Card Number 1
I designed this for whoever had the snake-thing as part of their design. I no longer know who that is (since you changed your pic), but I suspect that it is Nobu.

I was thinking that there should be something like this in at least one of your spells, since you do have a snake.... It would start with the caster (you) picking a spot somewhere between the middle or the upper-middle and staying there for the entire spell card. Suddenly, a large snake-like figure made of danmaku slowly swirls out from your person (not literally) in a wide radius, shooting slow-moving danmaku in a certain pattern (see Exhibit 1). It would continue its outward spiral around the caster until a designated endpoint (called X and placed right under the caster for demonstration purposes). It would then switch over to the next part of the spell card.

This is basically a reversal of the first part. It heads from X back to the caster in a spiral. There are two things to note, though. One, whatever direction the spiral went in for the first part must be the same for the second (i.e. clockwise - clockwise, counterclockwise - counterclockwise). Second, four mounts appear around the caster and will orbit around her while releasing rings of fast-moving danmaku. These mounts will not disappear when the spell loops back around to the first part (which it will, fyi). The basic concept is to crowd the screen with a wall of slow danmaku while fast ones whiz by and catch players (targets) by surprise.

After a certain requirement is met (time out, defeat, idk), the spell card will switch to this part. The same snake-thing from earlier (see Exhibit 1 again) would wriggle/fly/somehow move across the screen while releasing bullets in the same pattern as before. I broke up it's movement path into 4 parts so that it can be viewed correctly. However, the caster will be taking a similar but not the same path while shooting rings of danmaku, as the moving shot-mounts did before. [I also thought of letting her shoot tracking shots or something, but not before I scanned the picture.] The thought process behind letting the caster take a nearly identical path was to make it look as if she were riding the snake-thing as it proceeded across the screen.

Spell Card Number 2
Inspired by Bubble Beam

Before I begin, let me explain the concept of something I call "sway". Obviously, the idea is not original: a mount rotates in one direction while shooting, then it rotates the other way while shooting, then it repeats.
That's it. However, I tried to give them specific (easy) angle measures so that it would look more uniform. There are demonstrations of various angles in Exhibits 3 and 4 at the Convention.

Now, the caster aligns herself at the center of the screen and remains unmoving for the entire card, but she may reposition herself after a cast. She is constantly (and for the entire card, even while repositioning) releasing tiny danmaku in 12 "+/- 90-sway" directions. A demonstration of the resulting pattern of only 4 perpendicular "+/- 90-sway" mounts is Exhibit 2 at the Convention. Now take 3 of Exhibit 2 and overlap them so they're all evenly spaced to start off with, and you get the idea. While this is going on, the caster emits a small ring (big enough to enclose her) of large shots. There must be a bunch of them, I'd guess at least 100 (All images of this are based off of 100). The ring does not move forward; rather, it stays still until the next part is triggered.

When fully realized, it will look something like this picture. Basically, the ring expanded in three speeds: fast, average and slow (the slower ones are closer, the faster are farther). Based off of 100, there are 20 fast, 30 average, and 50 slow. The caster is still spewing out little danmaku in the pattern mentioned before. The screen does not reset as the spell card begins to repeat (shortly after the explosion), and all shots on the screen are still there when the card cycles again.

Spell Card Number 3
Also inspired by Bubble Beam

The caster flies in from X to Y, letting off a cascade of shots (hence the name) in all directions. They are pulled down, resulting in a drooping look. The caster herself is also releasing waves of danmaku. Those falling shots become important in the next part.

The next part. All the falling shots explode, with random bursts of danmaku flying everywhere. The caster is surrounded by some (in this case 6) large danmaku, which swirl towards her while releasing little rounds. They vanish when they reach the caster, and this signals in the final part.

It's going to take a little explaining to break down this image into something understandable (Yes, I know the target isn't in the same position as before). Okay, using a central axis aimed towards the target, pairs of "+/- 45-sway," "+/- 60-sway," and  "+/- 90-sway" mounts are placed on the caster. There are diagrams available at the top of the page and at the Convention (see Exhibit 6). To cover the backside, the caster constantly releases dense waves of danmaku. In the midst of all this, the caster fires a burst (I chose five for now) of special mounts which send torrents of large shots and shotting laser. They (the middle one, and the others are evenly spaced around it) travel quickly along the central axis directed at the target as almost-tracking rounds because the central axis adjusts to the target's movement. Their back-end lasers do indeed go straight through the caster but deal no damage, and the rounds make it off-screen rather quickly (at most 2 seconds or something). When they do so, their lasers stop firing. However, this is made up by the fact that the caster fires a succession of them every second or so (20 is an arbitrary number). There is a general explanation present at the bottom corner of the picture, and there is a demonstration of a single special round as Exhibit 5 at the Convention, as well as a picture of one round coupled with the caster arrangement as Exhibit 6. The entire spell cycles back to the beginning, and continues until defeat or time-out.

Now, if you will excuse me, I will be off trying ODST (without Live). Thank you for your patience.

Mounting Jaggis

• It's a dinosaur rodeo!
  • Yeee haww!
« Reply #279 on: November 12, 2009, 11:13:43 PM »
I was looking at the UFO fairies when I made this one.

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #280 on: November 13, 2009, 12:15:16 AM »
Flash, these are some sweet and intricate diagrams you made. Awesome, mad props.

Also, it is indeed me with the snake, but I'm probably not going to have any solo spellcards, since the one spellcard i'll have is probably paired with Mode. Unless something changes to where i'd get a spellcard (tag in during the Theo-nee fight?), that idea is probably better served for another (or as my last word).

Fetch()tirade

• serial time-waster
« Reply #281 on: November 13, 2009, 01:01:25 AM »
not going to have any solo spellcards, since the one spellcard i'll have is probably paired with Mode

Oh. That's gonna be a bit more difficult, since I don't know which Mode to use.

Slaves

• uHHH,
  • uHHHHHHHHHH,,,
« Reply #282 on: November 13, 2009, 01:03:28 AM »
well, you can still have the snake in there, you can shoot it at Mode or something.

Mounting Jaggis

• It's a dinosaur rodeo!
  • Yeee haww!
« Reply #283 on: November 13, 2009, 01:14:20 AM »
Here's the result of me trying to do Flashtirade's Exhibit 2

Fetch()tirade

• serial time-waster
« Reply #284 on: November 13, 2009, 01:23:42 AM »
Here's the result of me trying to do Flashtirade's Exhibit 2

Keikaku d(ry

Mounting Jaggis

• It's a dinosaur rodeo!
  • Yeee haww!
« Reply #285 on: November 13, 2009, 02:54:41 AM »
I kept misreading the 2nd Spell Card patterns. So I got 12 "+/-60" overlapping 4 "+/-90", and 12 "+/-90" overlapping 3 "+/-60"

I still don't fully understand the 3rd paragraph of the 2nd Spell Card

Fetch()tirade

• serial time-waster
« Reply #286 on: November 13, 2009, 03:40:13 AM »
I hope that this picture will help to clarify things.
Basically, the green ones move the slowest of the three types. The pink-purple ones go a bit faster, and the light yellow ones go the fastest of the three types. Be aware that those in the same type don't necessarily go at the same speed: the ones in green generally go slower than the pink-purple, and those in yellow generally go faster than the pink-purple (I don't know if this is possible) The picture for it is what it looks like when all of them have managed to cover the entire screen.
If it doesn't work like that, then you don't have to try and force it. And I do understand that my writing may be a little bit crammed.
Lastly, if you would be willing to try them, I had designed bunches of other spell cards, too. I got a lot of comments on Zengar's, if I remember correctly.

Mounting Jaggis

• It's a dinosaur rodeo!
  • Yeee haww!
« Reply #287 on: November 13, 2009, 03:49:27 AM »
So bullets are slow when shot and accelerate when they spread? Or are some bullets shot slow and others fast? Sorry for not understanding this quickly.

Fetch()tirade

• serial time-waster
Re: ~ Touhou Ijiyatsu - Monarchly Moron (Ver. 1.00e)
« Reply #288 on: November 13, 2009, 06:01:31 AM »
So bullets are slow when shot and accelerate when they spread? Or are some bullets shot slow and others fast? Sorry for not understanding this quickly.

That's okay. I was having trouble when I was thinking of a good way to explain it anyways. But yes, it's exactly like you said.

Mounting Jaggis

• It's a dinosaur rodeo!
  • Yeee haww!
« Reply #289 on: November 13, 2009, 06:03:28 AM »
Exactly like the first method I mentioned or the second?

Fetch()tirade

• serial time-waster
Re: ~ Touhou Ijiyatsu - Monarchly Moron (Ver. 1.00e)
« Reply #290 on: November 13, 2009, 06:06:22 AM »
The first, I mean. PSP txting sucks
« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 06:07:58 AM by Flashtirade »

Mounting Jaggis

• It's a dinosaur rodeo!
  • Yeee haww!
« Reply #291 on: November 13, 2009, 06:07:57 AM »
Ok, got it. I was starting to annoy myself asking so many questions

EDIT: Some parts of the description are still confusing and I had to kind of mix the things he mentioned a little bit. I made a ring on the caster. I made 6 "+/-90" slow large bullets, 12 "+/-60" average-speed normal bullets, and 12 "+/-60" fast tiny bullets. When I stacked 12 'sways', the pattern stopped looking like a sway and more like a spiral. I also tried staking less sways so it keeps it sway pattern

« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 07:33:51 AM by Skye »

♛ Apher-Forte

• Am I to go home...or shall I stay alone?
  • Forever lost at sea, a distant bell rings for me
    • Himitsu's NSFW Blog ~ contains NSFW material
« Reply #292 on: November 13, 2009, 03:32:42 PM »
preview first, too tired to finish up the shading bit.

here is Slaves, and yes, my first loli, hence explains the tiredness.

the struggle was hard.

[nsfw]http://a.imagehost.org/0055/slia.jpg[/nsfw]

AND NO SHE IS NOT GIVING A
Spoiler:
FOOTJOB
« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 03:41:21 PM by Letty Whiterock »
  <-- my artwork thread, click me!
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

Gpop

« Reply #293 on: November 13, 2009, 03:35:58 PM »
SLAVES CONFIRMED FOR TOUHOU SOCKS BOOK 3!

♛ Apher-Forte

• Am I to go home...or shall I stay alone?
  • Forever lost at sea, a distant bell rings for me
    • Himitsu's NSFW Blog ~ contains NSFW material
« Reply #294 on: November 13, 2009, 03:38:04 PM »
Oh god, why do I keep messing up the eyes and eyebrows?!

and the hat meows... damn.

edit: oops, thanks Letty, I forgot the cameltoe was there...
« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 03:41:28 PM by Akane - F »
  <-- my artwork thread, click me!
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

Letty Whiterock

« Reply #295 on: November 13, 2009, 03:41:58 PM »
edit: oops, thanks Letty, I forgot the cameltoe was there...
No problem.

Nine West

• Shrine maidens? Evil spirits? Magicians?
  • How wonderful!
« Reply #296 on: November 13, 2009, 03:43:30 PM »
Slaves' hat is much wider than that, actually. At this size, it appears more to be Drake's.

Nevertheless, Good Job on drawing a loli.

Fetch()tirade

• serial time-waster
« Reply #297 on: November 13, 2009, 03:43:54 PM »
Alright then. I wasn't sure what it would look like when it was completely finished, so good work on your part.

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #298 on: November 13, 2009, 06:02:57 PM »
SLAVES CONFIRMED FOR TOUHOU SOCKS BOOK 3!

I thought the exact same thing  :V

Dammit A-F, I love you <3

Moerin

• What's punk? It's an explosion of suppressed dissatisfaction.
  • It's the roar of the soul!
« Reply #299 on: November 13, 2009, 06:12:17 PM »
D'awww, Slaves is adorable~

See, all that stuff about "Reverse ZUN Disease" was just crazy talk~

Also kneesocks yay~
The solution to all of life's problems!

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥
"For hearts long lost and full of fright, for those alone in blackest night, accept our ring and join our fight... Love Conquers All -  with violet light!"