Author Topic: 東方意地奴 ~ Touhou Ijiyatsu - Monarchly Moron (Ver. 1.00b)  (Read 52993 times)

Hououin Kyouma

• KEEP YA GUNS ON!
  • ARE YOU READY, GUYS!?
    • When Posters Cry
東方意地奴 ~ Touhou Ijiyatsu - Monarchly Moron (Ver. 1.00b)
« on: September 26, 2009, 05:13:00 AM »
Old thread.

<Nobu>: If you're looking for the information thread, go here.

Since the old thread is over the 1000 posts limit Nwbi and I decided to make a new one

« Last Edit: September 29, 2009, 09:26:48 PM by Nobu »
"DUMBASS!" "I'd hit it" "Bear-sona~!" "Critical hits to the nads!" "What you're really asking is... "Will you please beat the **** out of me, Kanji?" "...I Gotta pee." ''Everydays great at your Junes~'' "You calling me a loser?"

Von Stein

• Just some insane airhead.
  • What's this newfangled stuff?
Re: 東方意地奴 ~ Touhou Ijiyatsu - Monarchly Moron (Ver. 1.00b)
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2009, 05:31:42 AM »
Yay for new thread. Good luck on your endeavors.
Can't think of a good signature.
More lilies maybe?

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2009, 05:41:25 AM »
Bringing this over from the old thread.

Also, my single spellcard will be titled, "Easy Acoustic [Passionate Rhythm]." Jan's guitar will repeatedly fire six MoF/SA lasers at the player, with them aimed so that the player is between the 3rd and 4th beam, while Jan fires some aimed bursts. However, the danger of the card comes from some Yukkuri who have come to help after hearing Jan's tunes from the nonspell barrage (acting like the summons from IN, so they can be bypassed by focusing). Yukkureimus fire small burst of amulet-bullets and drop Power items, while Yukkurisas fire small star-bullet bursts and drop Point items upon destruction.

On Lunatic, the lasers are closer together, and the Yukkuri fire a bit more Danmaku and are a little harder to destroy.

Now, I need to come up with a nonspell, and maybe throw in a Last Word...

I managed to find it a bit earlier, but the thread was already about to be locked, so I figured I'd wait for this one to be up. The Danmaku itself is pretty basic, and I still need my main nonspell... And of course, this could probably use some extra sprucing up as well.

Nine West

• Shrine maidens? Evil spirits? Magicians?
  • How wonderful!
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2009, 05:45:16 AM »
This post seems to be ignored in the old thread...

Yukkuri

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2009, 05:47:57 AM »
?(?_o)/?

I just typed what was in my head.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2009, 05:51:39 AM »
I don't know if this was something actually posted or if it's something Ruro thought up and just PM'd me a while ago, but I think it's awesome:

ZengarA: Deity Double Team
(Zengar + Sakura Rurouni: High Power, High Spread Type)

"Flower motifs! That shoot lasers! I'll show you what it's like to be a true deity! Now, Namusan--!"
A storm of romance amongst the Meiji Era cherry blossoms! Keep your swords sharp!

Shot: White Rose of the Wild West
Spellcard: Red Rose of the Night Sky - Samurai Soul
Deathbomb: Absolute Territory - Flowering Knight

-----

ZengarB: Danmaku Dodger Lunacy
(Zengar + Nintendonut888: Concentrated Attack Type)

"New, complex strategies? Hah! My only strategy: Dodge everything that comes at me!"
Refined technique combined with pure power! A battle against all Gensokyo is one we can fight-- and win!

Shot: Fortuna Star
Spellcard: Mercy Killing - Phantasmic Spark
Deathbomb: Last Moment - No Border Between Us
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2009, 05:52:52 AM »
For my spellcards, I want lots and lots of dicks zigzags. I like those little guys.

Also I want something where the bullets make a pretty picture. =[

Nine West

• How wonderful!
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2009, 06:00:18 AM »
Flowering Knight

:V

Also, ZengarB sounds like a speed-type character. I approve of this. ;)

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2009, 06:01:28 AM »

There was something here once. Wonder what...

Jana

• mrgrgr

Slaves

• uHHH,
  • uHHHHHHHHHH,,,
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2009, 06:06:56 AM »
For my spellcards, I want lots and lots of dicks zigzags. I like those little guys.

Zigzags-Heartbeat "200 Beats In A Second"

Pretty Picture-Feat of Knowledge "Psychological Breakdown"

Zigzag+Pretty mindfuck-"Mental Fatigue"

Shot: White Rose of the Wild West FLOWER POWER
Spellcard: Red Rose of the Night Sky - Samurai Soul
Deathbomb: Absolute Territory - Flowering Knight

fixed.

Drake

« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2009, 06:10:52 AM »
Jan:

How about instead of the yukkuri firing bullets and dropping items, why not have them fly at you, destructible, ? la Kogasa boulder/umbrellas? Otherwise it seems like the spell is concentrated more on them than you.

Also, maybe noncard: fire six lasers, all downwards one after the other going left to right [SA Stage 4 laser section?]. Immediately after, fire six more lasers, but angled in a quarter-circle [Segment of Nazrin's first card?], going right to left. Wait a bit, then move and repeat going right-left then left-right etc. Maybe some other danmaku at the same time.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2009, 06:21:34 AM »
Shot: White Rose of the Wild West FLOWER POWER
fixed.

Slaves, you realize that if we go with this we're going to have to describe every shot type with an image right

right

Nine West

• How wonderful!
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2009, 06:28:39 AM »
Quote copypasta for example:

Quote from: Flashtirade
Oh, here it is.
Now, this'll take some 'splainin'.

There are some effects that are constant throughout the entire spellcard. They are marked, but probably unintelligible.
1. Time is unlimited (or at least very very long).
2. The more the caster is attacked, the more some special effects will come into play.
3. The entire screen is patrolled by 10 shot-mounts moving along the edges. They fire a bunch of tiny random shots into the middle while making sure everything outside their borders is instantly destroyed. Don't underestimate them, they move pretty fast. Special Effect: They spam more fire and move in closer.
4. The caster is on random patrol. They will go anywhere they damn please except to the bottom of the screen.

The spellcard itself cycles through 4 stages; each cycle lasts 27 seconds. Special Effect: Stages 2 and 3 increase/decrease at the same rate.
Stage 1: from 0 to 7 seconds.
The set-up is as described above, except that there is a single Firework in the center, which detonates after 3 seconds.
Stage 2: from 7 to 14 seconds.
Centered around the target are 6 stationary (positioned where the target was at 7 seconds) shot-mounts projecting large laser-things on lines parallel to the shot-mount on the opposite side. They close in counter-clockwise. DO NOT try and stray outside their confinement, as they are very long and will be providing massive amounts of fire on their right sides. They will stop when they hit Stage 3. Special Effect: This stage is shortened, meaning that the laser-things will close in a shorter amount of time.
Stage 3: from 14 to 25 seconds.
The laser-things have confined the target in a small hexagram, where they must dodge fire from the border-patrol shot-mounts. IF FOR ANY REASON you are not within the hexagram, you are or will soon be dead. Special Effect: The hexagram becomes smaller, and the stage is extended: you will be dodging more fire for longer within a smaller space.
Stage 4: from 25 to 27 seconds.
The laser-things and their shot-mounts disappear. However, in their place are 3 tiers of 12 shot-mounts surrounding the target and armed with not-quite-tracking 1-second streams of danmaku. You have around .5 seconds to GTFO before the first (innermost) tier opens fire, followed by the second tier .5 seconds after (and readjusted to your new position), followed by the third tier in the same manner. The 3 spots where each tier's fire completely intersects spawns a Firework, which will detonate after 3 seconds following its birth. Special Effect: The shot-mounts are upgraded to 1-second beams and another tier is added (along with another Firework).

The cycle then goes back to Stage 1, except there is no opening Firework. Special Effect: The last half of this statement becomes a lie.

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2009, 07:51:13 AM »
Since the last thread was closed before I could comment on it, I'd like to say I'm diggin' my character, particularly the scarf and boots.

So I guess I should start planning a Last Word spell card or something? I need to narrow down some ideas so I can get a theme decided.

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2009, 07:54:37 AM »
For simplicity's sake, the "last word only" characters might as well share a theme song - "As Forgotten As Rin Whatshername"

Nine West

• How wonderful!
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2009, 07:57:43 AM »
For simplicity's sake, the "last word only" characters might as well share a theme song

ZUN did made a universal theme for Last Words in IN, so this would seem a reasonable course to take.

Moerin

• What's punk? It's an explosion of suppressed dissatisfaction.
  • It's the roar of the soul!
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2009, 11:20:43 AM »
For simplicity's sake, the "last word only" characters might as well share a theme song - "As Forgotten As Rin Whatshername"

* Theorist glares at E-mouse.

...Meh, the name fits, I guess... And it's a pretty good idea to go with~

Also I really need to start thinking up, at the very least, names for my spellcards at some point... Gah!
The solution to all of life's problems!

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥
"For hearts long lost and full of fright, for those alone in blackest night, accept our ring and join our fight... Love Conquers All -  with violet light!"

ES-Anthy

• *Roll*
  • *fwump*
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2009, 11:25:52 AM »

* Theorist glares at E-mouse.

...Meh, the name fits, I guess... And it's a pretty good idea to go with~

Also I really need to start thinking up, at the very least, names for my spellcards at some point... Gah!

Well at least you already have one

*Anthony points towards self*

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2009, 11:52:28 AM »
For simplicity's sake, the "last word only" characters might as well share a theme song

ZUN did made a universal theme for Last Words in IN, so this would seem a reasonable course to take.

Yap. I think it would be best and easiest. Else it will burden the music composers alot. And we don't want that now do we.

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2009, 12:47:26 PM »
So everything is going to be done in Danmakufu, I take it? Hmmm... give enough time, I MIGHT be able to see about translating into Japanese. While they might not get all of the in-jokes, they would probably be amused seeing the ideas of foreigners. While I'm a lot worse translating English into Japanese, I'd be better than nothing, and there are a couple of people I can ask for help, maybe.

And while thinking of that, I've come up with my character's ability, or at least an idea... Manipulation of language. I have a couple of ideas for attacks, but I'll still need to see if it'll support more than one spell card, just in case there's a sequel. I know I'm getting way ahead of myself but hey, you never know.

« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2009, 03:38:00 PM »
So here's this I guess ...

Drake

« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2009, 05:12:40 PM »
Manipulation of language
Word danmaku for amazing.

Also even though I love you all there's no way in hell I'm making a theme for each one of you. I doubt it's any different for Rou, either. "As Forgotten As Rin Whatshername" (or something similar) it shall be.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Dragoshi

• Some sort of lurking trainwreck
  • May or may not exist. Possibly. Maybe.
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2009, 05:21:22 PM »
Can we get a less derpier theme name? :V
All shall be well and all shall be well and all manner of things shall be well.

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2009, 05:34:22 PM »
Pssh, nothing wrong with some derp here and there. :V I quite like it.
Let's fight.

Slaves

• uHHH,
  • uHHHHHHHHHH,,,
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2009, 07:47:32 PM »
Can we get a less derpier theme name? :V

it fits though. :|

the characters using them are characters that couldn't fit in the game, so their forgotten, just like Rin was.

also why is this unstickied

Moerin

• What's punk? It's an explosion of suppressed dissatisfaction.
  • It's the roar of the soul!
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2009, 07:49:19 PM »
Not any more it ain't~
The solution to all of life's problems!

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥
"For hearts long lost and full of fright, for those alone in blackest night, accept our ring and join our fight... Love Conquers All -  with violet light!"

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2009, 07:53:06 PM »
I unstickied it for a reason.  You have a general info thread, I left that stickied.  No reason the discussion thread needs to be stickied too.

Twitter: @hipsterfont | Discord: helvetica#0573 | LINE: hipsterfont

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

Slaves

• uHHH,
  • uHHHHHHHHHH,,,
« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2009, 07:54:00 PM »
QUICK EVERYONE

KEEP POSTING SO IT STAYS ON THE TOP OF THE PAGE

Pako

• Forum pessimist, chatbox optimist
« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2009, 07:55:46 PM »
How could you TSO ;_;

Now this topic will end up in the forgotten zone too.

This shameful piece of shit was made by a certain Anonymous-Fairy, but is now deleted- bawwwww.