Author Topic: What gameplay mechanics do you wish to see in Touhou 15?  (Read 12663 times)

Re: What gameplay mechanics do you wish to see in Touhou 15?
« Reply #60 on: April 22, 2014, 11:35:27 PM »
I guess something I'd really like to see would be to have graze disabled during bombs again, as it was in IN and earlier.  I think a lot of the bomb grazing in SA onward was pretty retarded.  It pays off way too well to be invincible to things that you wouldn't be able to graze if you weren't incincible - see Parsee, Unzan, midboss Ichirin if you're not a fukken badass superplayer, pretty much everything in DDC (a lot of this is due to cancelling bullets with your bomb mind you...), Yuugi's final, etc.  It's so awful and yet it's so profitable.  Bombing for score is one thing but I think the new games take it too far sometimes.

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
« Reply #61 on: April 23, 2014, 02:15:09 AM »
You know, I know that most of us play the games alone (barring the Phantasmagoria and the fighting games) as they have primarily been single-player games, but I'd like to see a game with a 2P co-op mode. Besides, ultra-badasses can do double-plays with some smart keymapping.

« Reply #62 on: September 13, 2014, 11:17:25 PM »
My expectation for Touhou 15 gameplay would be basically:

1- The old Touhou 7 to 8 system of gaining lives
2- The return of the partner system from IN
3- Easier to get to full power ( think SA, but retain the seperate bomb bar )

1CC Easy: UFO , MOF, PCB, DDC, GFW, POFV, TD, IN, SA, 1CC Normal: MOF, DDC, IN, POFV, PCB, TD, EOSD, HSIFS
Extra Mode: Ran Yakumo, Okina Matara

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
« Reply #63 on: September 17, 2014, 07:59:12 AM »
  • Reviving old/dead threads is disruptive and often serves little purpose.  It's far better off to start a new thread than to revive an older thread that has seen little or no activity in the past week or so.  If it's something dealing directly with the old thread, start a new one and link to the old one.

Visit #sokumaidens on irc.ppirc.net for discussion and matchmaking for a wide variety of fighting games!
Feel free to message me if you need anything!