Author Topic: Touhou 12 - 東方星蓮船 ~ Undefined Fantastic Object. An undefined article.  (Read 190411 times)

Djinova

• One ghost's meat is another tree's poison
Haven't touch the game or anything. Just saw some replay footages of all new characters.

Byakuren is super, I like her best so far. She's the Yuyuko/Yukari type and it's a welcomed change to the robust, pompous boss that was Utsuho in the last game. Her theme is also very lovely, especially the calmer intersections, and fits her image.

On the other hand you got a very bizarre extra boss with all the fast and chaotic danmaku that should just be like that. Nuu is another interesting creation.

I won't be able to play it till next week. Too much stuff going on around I need to solve first. :)

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
And with all the fighting over Murasa, Byakuren and Nue, I seem to have Shou all to myself.

Except as soon as I heard she was a tiger youkai, the mental image of Fujimura Taiga fell in and will never get out.
But then again Taiga is awesome, so yeah. :/

Letty Whiterock

stop torrenting C76 crap for a minute and read what I said again ffff
I did read what you said, and I agree with it. It's just irrelevant to the matter at hand.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
And with all the fighting over Murasa, Byakuren and Nue, I seem to have Shou all to myself.

Except as soon as I heard she was a tiger youkai, the mental image of Fujimura Taiga fell in and will never get out.

Tigers are awesome animals imo. I prefer them over Lions. And also nobody seems to put Murasa-senchou in their avatar. No love for the loli ghost.

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
As I explained elsewhere, this is only a temporary thing.  I'll be back with Rin soon enough~

So basically, you're cheating on Rin Satsuki, and I'm cheating on Yumemi?

\o/

and yes Heian Alien sounds like U.N.Owen, perhaps hearing how BAD the song is has deafened you

Oh goody, I knew I couldn't have been the only one.

Slaves

• uHHH,
  • uHHHHHHHHHH,,,
In unrelated news I don't like Nue*. At all. And I shall insult her within earshot of ALL OF YOU.

*or her theme music or her design or even her NAME and she STOLE YUMEMI'S SPOT AS EXTRA STAGE BOSS SCREW HER TO HELL

I don't like Yumemi*.

*because i wanted new characters and not dead hopeless ones that WILL NOT BE COMING BACK

Nine West

• Shrine maidens? Evil spirits? Magicians?
  • How wonderful!

Tigers are awesome animals imo. I prefer them over Lions. And also nobody seems to put Murasa-senchou in their avatar. No love for the loli ghost.

Murasa Mode did, but Drake took the anchor instead...

Also, Myon seems to be taking Syou as well.

Slaves

• uHHH,
  • uHHHHHHHHHH,,,
IT DOESN'T SOUND ANYTHING LIKE U.N. OWEN!

the bells  at :12-:30 in her theme sound like UN Owen.

but seriously you guys shut the fuck up and get on topic before TSO comes in and brings JUSTICE
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 10:36:39 PM by Slaves »

Moerin

• What's punk? It's an explosion of suppressed dissatisfaction.
  • It's the roar of the soul!
Completely different tempo and style, completely different tempo and style, completely different tempo and style...

...IT SOUNDS NOTHING LIKE IT AT ALL!

... ... ...This is going to be that one thing that tears away the small shred of sanity I still have, isn't it?

And really, apart from the fact that she's an EX boss with strange wings, she's NOTHING like Flan!

...Calm down, calm down...

Ahem... Anyway... Um... Such a shame Ichirin never got to show up again as a midboss, isn't it?  Right?
The solution to all of life's problems!

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥
"For hearts long lost and full of fright, for those alone in blackest night, accept our ring and join our fight... Love Conquers All -  with violet light!"

Alfred F. Jones

Who's Ichirin?

:V

I only got up recently, so can someone clear up what happened with Ichirin's "sister"? Was it really just referring to her superior?

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
Well so far I've found all the A's work best for me, with Marisa A having a surprisingly powerful shotgun ability. I'll still stick with Sanae A though, despite all reports to Sanae B's awesomeness. I'm not doubting B is great and all, but I have better success with A.

Also, is it just me or did Kogasa become more powerful in the full version? Seems spellcards that I used to get in no time I'm actually having to time out.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Moerin

• What's punk? It's an explosion of suppressed dissatisfaction.
  • It's the roar of the soul!
I only got up recently, so can someone clear up what happened with Ichirin's "sister"? Was it really just referring to her superior?

Yes, it was refering to her superior, Youkai Jesus.  Which makes me believe she's supposed to be a nun even more.
The solution to all of life's problems!

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥
"For hearts long lost and full of fright, for those alone in blackest night, accept our ring and join our fight... Love Conquers All -  with violet light!"

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
Also, Myon seems to be taking Syou as well.
Oh it's ON now.

BRING IT, MYON.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
Back on topic:

I am sure alot of people can read japanese. So what are like the dialogues about when reaching Byakuren and Nue? What are their motives or goals?

I am somewhat extremely curious about the dialogues because Sanae and Reimu are acting really bitchy and cold towards the first three bosses.

Alfred F. Jones

Yes, it was refering to her superior, Youkai Jesus.  Which makes me believe she's supposed to be a nun even more.

Byakuren (kinda) died for your sins!
And... er... her own, apparently, but that's just semantics

Awwright, now I gotta sit down and work out a plot, all of this is kinda confusinHOLY CRAP WE REALLY ARE IN MAKAI AWW YEAH

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
Actually apparently I have to withdraw my previous challenge, because the GMs over at Mafia are raging at me for changing my name. >_>

YOU WIN THIS ROUND, MYON.

Kojiremi

• Crimson Asuratic
  • Touhou, Disgaea, Neptunia. Holy Trinity
The memes . . . the memes !! Why mr anderson, why why WHY?!

:V You people, shame on yourself for abandoning your original girls! My faith will remain in the Mistress Remilia.
Same here brah :V Remi is still my fave. Nothing wrong with a heartwarm welcome for the new girls though. I like the new girls but I need to break them into me like i did all the other chars. Don't know much about them at the moment. Just their motives and reasons for doing what they did. I wanna get some meat on their characters before anything else.

As for Nue's theme. well hearing it "reminds" you of Flandre's. there are pieces that sound like it yeah but its like a 30-40% sameness if you ask me. just reminds me of Flan's that's all. Plus her char has really odd wings which of course (Like Flan's) don't seem organic at all. So they too "feels" like Flandre's. They are the only 2 chars who's wings raise some serious eyebrows and make you go "WTF?" or "oooohhh! that's nice!" or something. Then she has a pitchfork-like weapon. Who knows if its just a pitchfork or some Mythical weapon. Thanks to those 3 things I can see why a lot of people would think that Nue's char design is based on Flandre. Whether she is or not *shrug* i dunno but it seems reasonable to say that she might have been. Until we get more details on them all its merely speculations and feelings of the char.

BTW Nice job on the article Hele hehe.
See the patterns, feel the patterns, become one with the patterns, avoid the patterns
In order to live through the patterns, you must understand the patterns for everything else there is MASTER SPARK.

Tengukami

Hey, just wondering - have any other Touhou characters had some sort of military/official title before their given names? Or is our Captain the first? Because I can't think of any others off the top of my head.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Nine West

• How wonderful!
Hey, just wondering - have any other Touhou characters had some sort of military/official title before their given names? Or is our Captain the first? Because I can't think of any others off the top of my head.

She's the only one who possesses a title.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 08:31:34 PM by Nwbi »

Any replay file for lunatic/extra run yet? :p

Rikter

• VVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
  • AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I remember reading that Shikeiki's last name was technicaly A title on the Wiki. But it comes after her name...

Anyways Heian Alien is yet another theme I enjoy. And the more I listen to it it sounds less and less like U.N. Owen.

Tengukami

I haven't heard the theme yet (I'm not quite that good a player, and my work actually blocks YouTube), but I love the title "Heian Alien". The Heian period reminds me of everything romantic and ornate about medieval Japan. Combine that with aliens and you just can't go wrong.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
@ stassy, Extra replays are uploaded by 'Krim' and 'Bjw' on the replay.gensokyo website.

Shiki Eiki has indeed a title aswell, but it is somewhat unclear among the public how her name should be written. Though I believe the Yamaxanadu explanation is fun facts and don't know if it is canonically confirmed. I simply refer to her as Shiki Eiki where Shiki being her family name.

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
Though I believe the Yamaxanadu explanation is fun facts and don't know if it is canonically confirmed.
IIRC, Perfect Memento did confirm this.

Nine West

• How wonderful!
Shiki's title comes after her name, which is not as impressive as the 'Captain' in front of Murasa's name, in my opinion.

Can't wait for crappy fanfics of UFO, now...

Tengukami

Re: Touhou 12 - ~ Undefined Fantastic Object. An undefined article.
« Reply #85 on: August 15, 2009, 09:15:31 PM »
1000 internets to whoever incorporates a Captain & Tenille song into a UFO fanpic.

Is my age showing? Excuse me, I think I dropped my cane ...
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 09:18:14 PM by Amaterasu-ōmikami »

Yicks what happened? I get the feeling I should hide around a lily pad. :S

I'll just say Nue's theme sounds like it should be in Dark Cloud. Definitely sounds like a final boss theme.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 09:36:19 PM by Cadmas »

Slaves

• uHHH,
  • uHHHHHHHHHH,,,
I haven't heard the theme yet (I'm not quite that good a player, and my work actually blocks YouTube), but I love the title "Heian Alien". The Heian period reminds me of everything romantic and ornate about medieval Japan. Combine that with aliens and you just can't go wrong.

her theme sounds more sinister than romantic, honestly. the first time i heard it i got chills.

ZUN is FABULOUS as usual. and i haven't even listened to anything other than the extra stage theme(which is growing on me) and the extra boss theme

Any interesting replays yet? Preferentially from Extra because I know I'm never going to unlock it

The extra boss looks... pretty easy actually. Some of her spellcards are almost trival, and Kogasa's last spell is laughable (although I think it gets pretty hard if you time it out).

Then again I haven't actually tried it. Also the stage portion looks like rape.