Author Topic: I Need Help Installing a Game  (Read 1245 times)

I Need Help Installing a Game
« on: February 01, 2013, 02:12:55 AM »
After hearing all about it I finally decided to get into Touhou. I just gat a copy of Embodiement of the Scarlet Devil and want some help instaling it, sense it's an import and may have to be installed diffrently. I also want to know where to get and how to install an english patch and any other patches/things that I need to get the game working. I''m using a Windows Xp to play the game. And please keep the directions clear and easy to understand, I don't know alot about computers.     
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 05:29:33 AM by deviantcorn15 »

LadyScarlet

• Too lazy to make this a gif right now
  • Still scumming for a good pull
Re: I Need Help Installing a Game
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2013, 11:44:53 PM »
My copy of PCB arrived in the mail today, and I'd suggest changing your computer's locale to Japanese, even if temporarily. To do this:

1. Open Control Panel
2.  Go to Clock, Region and Language. Click on Region and Language.
3. In the window that pops up, go to the Administrative tab
4. Click on "Change System Locale" in the middle-right-ish.
5. In the drop-down box, find Japanese and select it. Click OK.
6. Restart your computer

You need to be an administrator or it won't work. Once you've successfully changed your locale (a language bar should appear in the bottom right corner of the screen), you are ready to install the game. You need to manually boot up the installation program from the disc, but other than that, the installation should go smoothly. It did for me back when I got EoSD.

I assume it will work for you, though I have Windows 7, so it depends. Try it and see how it works.
My Youtube Channel. I mostly upload Hisoutensoku videos.