Author Topic: Danmakufu's Phantasm romance crashing?  (Read 1267 times)

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
Danmakufu's Phantasm romance crashing?
« on: December 05, 2011, 02:04:30 AM »
Ever since I got windows 7, Phantasm Romance using Danmakufu crashes at the exact same point for me. It's when you play another mode, and reach sakuya after doing the bonus stage, just before a certain attack of hers (I forget the exact number), the game crashes. Common sense tells me that maybe my phantasm romance folder is missing a certain custom bullet graphic or something that she uses during that attack, and when it gets called on and isn't there, boom crash. But my folder was backed up from before the format, I even did a fresh download and install of danmakufu and the script to make sure.

Also, I'm playing in Japanese mode for non-unicode blah blah region setting. As far as I understand, there is nothing else you can do to "applocale"ificate a windows 7 program. My second theory is that is that it has something to do with the nature of the attack. It's one where shoots some daggers, and timestops everything but the daggers, then resumes time again a couple seconds later (ok sakuya always does this, but this time its different where the knives actually continue their trajectory during the timestop for a change, instead of her simply placing them down during the timestop). I get the crash regardless of me playing the game or playing a replay. Anybody have any ideas? I'm out.

I've done everything that's general windows 7.. change the locale (as I mentioned), update drivers, reinstall.

There's another issue regarding danmakufu in general if anybody knows. Basically, I have a new monitor which is far too wide to play in fullscreen mode. So I play in windowed mode, but I don't like the default small window size, I like clicking the enlarge window button. HOWEVER, when I do that, it snaps to the top left hand corner of my bigass monitor, which is terrible, I want it near the bottom, and preferably in the middle. But as soon as I drag my larger size window to move it, it automatically resizes to puny size again. what gives?

Drake

Re: Danmakufu's Phantasm romance crashing?
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2011, 02:29:34 AM »
I don't actually know how to solve your issue, but first of all a missing file would cause an error, not a crash. Crashes are usually really stupid things that aren't caught and handled within the program, such as compatibility issues. However, if the point of crash isn't known we can't exactly dig into the scripts to find what might be the cause. We need an exact point of crash, basically.

Windows 7 can install Applocale and use it to run programs just as any other would. If you have problems installing Applocale, you need to run the command line in administrator mode and run the msi from there. The reg file for the context menu should work fine. Switching your entire locale to japanese would probably have the same effect, but I don't know about the non-unicode language setting.

Most monitors have a setting (Right-click Desktop, Graphics Properties) where you can adjust what happens to a program on full screen; usually Stretch, Center and Maintain Aspect Ratio. Setting it to the last one should make fullscreen letterbox to the proper ratio. Alternatively, I use the Vsync patch (in this case since it's danmakufu), or Sizer (more generally). But the actual problem you're experiencing there sounds like a driver problem or something. If you can work around it then meh ignore.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -