Author Topic: JoJo's Bizarre Grail War Part 2 - A Fate/Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 220890 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: JoJo's Bizarre Grail War Part 2 - A Fate/Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #840 on: February 04, 2018, 10:24:17 PM »
> "Well, obviously we won't be making any plans to draw out Berserker today..."
> "I need to try to get in touch with one of Mr. Armstrong's colleagues to see if they can verify his story. If it's true, I guess our goal for winning the Grail War is to stop some kind of crazy moon god apocalypse."
> "But for right now, no. I just want to get to Delaware and hope to god we can meet the overseer and have them straighten things out."

>She nods. "I don't know, though, if what Eileen said was true, can we really expect to find an overseer?"

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #841 on: February 05, 2018, 12:10:24 AM »
> "I'm not sure if I should be taking anything for granted anymore, but if there's any real source of information I can be looking for, it's an overseer."
> "If I don't find one, then...well, if I run into any other sane masters we'll talk about how we want to settle things at that point. If not...I guess it's just a fight to the finish."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #842 on: February 05, 2018, 01:02:46 AM »
> "I'm not sure if I should be taking anything for granted anymore, but if there's any real source of information I can be looking for, it's an overseer."
> "If I don't find one, then...well, if I run into any other sane masters we'll talk about how we want to settle things at that point. If not...I guess it's just a fight to the finish."

>"Even if we make allies, isn't it necessary that we have to beat them at some point?" says Archer.

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #843 on: February 05, 2018, 01:20:45 AM »
> "Provided neither of us has to die, I actually don't mind the idea of surrendering to someone if I agree with their wish. But at the moment I'm not aware of any mechanism to actually do that."
> "If it's not possible, I guess whoever's left standing will have to agree to a duel. It'd be a little more civilized, at least..."
> "...I admit it's all wishful thinking. I just want to do my due diligence and not have regrets about killing anybody at the end."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #844 on: February 05, 2018, 04:16:42 AM »
> "Provided neither of us has to die, I actually don't mind the idea of surrendering to someone if I agree with their wish. But at the moment I'm not aware of any mechanism to actually do that."
> "If it's not possible, I guess whoever's left standing will have to agree to a duel. It'd be a little more civilized, at least..."
> "...I admit it's all wishful thinking. I just want to do my due diligence and not have regrets about killing anybody at the end."

>"Like hell you are," says Archer. "You're not giving up until I'm dead, at least,"

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #845 on: February 05, 2018, 04:50:01 AM »
> "Eh?? If someone has the same wish as me, then why fight?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #846 on: February 05, 2018, 05:05:09 AM »
> "Eh?? If someone has the same wish as me, then why fight?"

>"You didn't say that," says Archer. "You said, 'if I agree with their wish', which is something completely different. And hell with their wish, I didn't get drug into all this to just give up on mine. So I don't want to hear about any more giving up until I'm dead."

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #847 on: February 05, 2018, 05:13:48 AM »
> "Aaaah...okay, I understand. We're in it to win it."
> "Still, if we kill a servant I want to have a way to offer the master a chance to surrender."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #848 on: February 05, 2018, 06:08:09 AM »
> "Aaaah...okay, I understand. We're in it to win it."
> "Still, if we kill a servant I want to have a way to offer the master a chance to surrender."

>"That's fine," says Archer.

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #849 on: February 05, 2018, 03:47:53 PM »
> "So, I guess I need to figure out a use for Koch's mana battery or get rid of it. If it's going to light us up like a christmas tree to other magic users we need to be getting some use out of it."
> Actually, is there any way we could jury-rig some kind of case for it that would make it undetectable? (Cover it with lead, maybe?)
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 03:53:15 PM by Stuffman »

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #850 on: February 05, 2018, 03:56:40 PM »
> "So, I guess I need to figure out a use for Koch's mana battery or get rid of it. If it's going to light us up like a christmas tree to other magic users we need to be getting some use out of it."
> Actually, is there any way we could jury-rig some kind of case for it that would make it undetectable? (Cover it with lead, maybe?)

>You might, if you had the right materials and some time. Shopping for the materials in an unfamiliar area would probably take up a good portion of a day. The resulting barrier wouldn't last very long, but it ought to serve for the duration of the Grail War, you would hope. And while it won't render the battery undetectable, it ought to muffle its presence significantly.

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #851 on: February 05, 2018, 04:14:14 PM »
> On the subject of the battery, assuming we could get our hands on another catalyst, is it possible to use it to summon a second servant?
> Would we be able to do that without our lab?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #852 on: February 05, 2018, 05:32:02 PM »
> On the subject of the battery, assuming we could get our hands on another catalyst, is it possible to use it to summon a second servant?
> Would we be able to do that without our lab?

>In theory, it's something you could do, but it would likely tax your mana reserves significantly. What you need is a space to place the circle and time to do the actual summoning. The question, however, is whether or not this would actually work. As you already have a servant, the framework in place may not let you summon another. In fact, probably would not. But if you could get around that, or perhaps find a way to take someone else's command seals, in theory you could have another servant. However, there is also the issue of whether Archer or this new servant could work with each other.

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #853 on: February 05, 2018, 05:59:57 PM »
Yeah, I don't want to bring it up right now out of concern for offending Archer. Unlesss...

> "Hey Archer, was Little John a real guy?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #854 on: February 05, 2018, 09:25:03 PM »
> "Hey Archer, was Little John a real guy?"

>"Huh? Kind of," she says. "Why are you asking?"

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #855 on: February 05, 2018, 10:11:19 PM »
> "Well, I'm going over the possibilities in my head, and it technically might be possible to use that thing we got from Koch to summon a second servant, as long as they didn't use too much mana."
> "So I was trying to think of someone who'd work well with you. In the stories Little John was your sidekick, sort of."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #856 on: February 05, 2018, 11:50:36 PM »
> "Well, I'm going over the possibilities in my head, and it technically might be possible to use that thing we got from Koch to summon a second servant, as long as they didn't use too much mana."
> "So I was trying to think of someone who'd work well with you. In the stories Little John was your sidekick, sort of."

>"Yeah, I saw," says Archer. "He was just a guy who helped us out of a jam."

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #857 on: February 06, 2018, 02:09:48 AM »
> "Those stories really didn't get anything right, did they..."
> "I don't suppose Maid Marian was actually a wizard or something?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #858 on: February 06, 2018, 02:30:12 AM »
> "Those stories really didn't get anything right, did they..."
> "I don't suppose Maid Marian was actually a wizard or something?"

>"No, nothing like that," she says. "From what I've seen, it's just storytellers adding their own bits and legends to it."

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #859 on: February 06, 2018, 02:45:30 AM »
> "Hmm. Well, let's try this. Were there any heroes you liked back then?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #860 on: February 06, 2018, 03:41:54 AM »
> "Hmm. Well, let's try this. Were there any heroes you liked back then?"

>"Well, I always thought Fionnt?n ? Scolaighe was kind of interesting," says Archer. "Not that I knew him, but the stories were neat."

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #861 on: February 06, 2018, 03:53:03 AM »
> "I'll have to look that one up."
> "Well, unless you just want to tell me the stories. It's a while 'til the next rest stop."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #862 on: February 06, 2018, 04:09:29 AM »
> "I'll have to look that one up."
> "Well, unless you just want to tell me the stories. It's a while 'til the next rest stop."

>"Oh sure, well it all started with..."
>Archer goes on to spend the next twenty minutes weaving the tale of an ambiguous trickster who meandered from court to court, stealing the crowns of kings you've never heard of. You think it takes place in Ireland, given the names, but there are definite references to the South that suggest Scotland. The Fionnt?n in question is definitely a kind of rogue and probably the sort of person Lancer would get along with, conniving his way into courts full of warriors and besting them with various tricks and feats of agility, and more than one food fight.
>You are entirely certain you've never heard of this person or any of their feats by the time Archer is done. You have a sneaking suspicions this tale was lost to history.

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #863 on: February 06, 2018, 05:00:41 AM »
> "That IS a good story. Nothing about that guy rings a bell, though...the story was probably lost over the ages."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #864 on: February 06, 2018, 05:44:52 AM »
> "That IS a good story. Nothing about that guy rings a bell, though...the story was probably lost over the ages."

>"Well, that's a cryin' shame, isn't it?" says Archer.

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #865 on: February 06, 2018, 02:51:16 PM »
> "I ought to write it down when I get a moment. I'll have to ask you how to spell all those names, though."
> Continue along the road.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #866 on: February 06, 2018, 08:48:58 PM »
> "I ought to write it down when I get a moment. I'll have to ask you how to spell all those names, though."
> Continue along the road.

>You continue down the highway. The going threatens to be long and monotonous, assuming there are no more incidents. Will you proceed on in a leisurely manner with plenty of stops for food and breaks, stopping only when needed, or doing your best to avoid all but the most necessary stops?

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #867 on: February 06, 2018, 09:03:53 PM »
> What is this, Oregon Trail?
> We'll take it slow for now, as we are both very sore from our last encounter, and we now have plenty of food.
> Also, if we find a place with a pay phone and a bit of privacy, we do have a call or two to make.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #868 on: February 06, 2018, 09:30:06 PM »
> What is this, Oregon Trail?
> We'll take it slow for now, as we are both very sore from our last encounter, and we now have plenty of food.
> Also, if we find a place with a pay phone and a bit of privacy, we do have a call or two to make.

>You almost died of dysentery one already. Are you sure you want to tempt fate again?
>You decide to take it easy and just stake out a spot on the highway and cruise, people can go around you if they have problems. After some tens of minutes, you note a rest stop ahead whose sign advertises pay phones.

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #869 on: February 06, 2018, 10:06:58 PM »
> Pull in and tell Archer she can relax for a bit.
> Do some google-fu on our phone and see if we can find the current residences of Buzz Aldrin or Michael Collins. Try to look them up in their respective local phone listings.