Author Topic: JoJo's Bizarre Grail War Part 2 - A Fate/Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 220781 times)

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
Re: JoJo's Bizarre Grail War Part 2 - A Fate/Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #300 on: September 04, 2017, 04:55:44 AM »
see the problem here is that you never should have gotten into this argument because frankly she's 100% justified in doing what she wants to do

and we're 100% justified in trying to stop her

this is what we call an impasse

the goal here is to negotiate a way out so we don't have to fight this guy right now. be more pragmatic.

EDIT:

okay lemme take one more swing at this

> "Forget it. You seem like you're ready to deal with whatever the consequences of your wish might be."
> "Let's go back to negotiating, because I still don't want to fight until I understand all my options." Direct our attention to the servant. "Just how good are you at getting into computers? Maybe I can't prove what I'm saying is true, but maybe you can find some kind of corroborating evidence, like the kind of bullet they found in Koch?"
« Last Edit: September 04, 2017, 05:16:55 AM by Stuffman »

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #301 on: September 19, 2017, 08:25:40 AM »
WE LIVE, WE DIE, WE LIVE AGAIN.

> "Forget it. You seem like you're ready to deal with whatever the consequences of your wish might be."
> "Let's go back to negotiating, because I still don't want to fight until I understand all my options." Direct our attention to the servant. "Just how good are you at getting into computers? Maybe I can't prove what I'm saying is true, but maybe you can find some kind of corroborating evidence, like the kind of bullet they found in Koch?"

>Kimimela nods. Frankly, you think she may be as happy to drop it as you. Her Servant is hard to read,, either he is amused in a subtle way, or perhaps he simply didn't care?
>"Hm. Interesting proposal," Says the servant. "I may be able to find some reasonably trustworthy sources, with your leave, Master, of course."
>"We are not hacking the government right now, it would cause way too much trouble!"
>"Not the whole thing..." says the servant, frowning just a tad. "But perhaps their medic's records for the deceased."
>"Maybe," Kimimela says. "They have ways to finding that stuff, and you're pretty far away from them."
>"Yes yes, I will take the greatest care, of course," says the Servant.
>"Okay, fine," Kimimela says to you. "Maybe we can back it up."

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #302 on: September 20, 2017, 02:49:23 AM »
> "Alright, so just confirming our terms - I'll tell you Assassin's identity and everything I know about him, and in return we'll agree to not battle or otherwise bother each other until we've at least met the overseer for this Grail War."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #303 on: September 20, 2017, 02:50:53 AM »
> "Alright, so just confirming our terms - I'll tell you Assassin's identity and everything I know about him, and in return we'll agree to not battle or otherwise bother each other until we've at least met the overseer for this Grail War."

>Kimimela nods.
>"I suppose we can go our separate ways, if she likes," says the servant.
>"I mean it, Lancer," says Kimimela.
>"Of course you do," he says.

>_

The ⑨th Zentillion

• The impeaches were delicious...
  • Now hungry for conviction!
    • Zentillion's Tumblr
« Reply #304 on: September 20, 2017, 03:00:30 AM »
>We now know he's Lancer. Let's try and get that new stat sheet.
Did you bring a light?
...No...

Smash the Fash; The far right belongs in the TRASH.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #305 on: September 20, 2017, 03:04:36 AM »
>We now know he's Lancer. Let's try and get that new stat sheet.

>Name:????????
>Master: Kimimela
>Class: Lancer
>Strength: ?
>Mana: ?
>Endurance: ?
>Luck: ?
>Agility: ?
>Class Skills
>>Magic Resistance C
>Personal Skills: ?
>Noble Phantasm: ?

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #306 on: September 20, 2017, 03:05:13 AM »
> "Okay then...here it is."
> Tell the servant he's looking for the bullet from a Browning M1910.
> Explain Assassin's identity, his skills, and the nature of his noble phantasm.
> "So basically, if you were able to find him now, you could beat him easily. But Koch's death is going to blow up into something serious, and when it does, he'll be able to use his noble phantasm again. I have no idea how you'd escape it, the only thing I can think of is to try to use a command seal."
> "I'm sure he targeted Koch first because he was rich and influential, but it's probably wishful thinking that it'd be less effective on normal people like you and me..."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #307 on: September 20, 2017, 03:14:02 AM »
> "Okay then...here it is."
> Tell the servant he's looking for the bullet from a Browning M1910.
> Explain Assassin's identity, his skills, and the nature of his noble phantasm.
> "So basically, if you were able to find him now, you could beat him easily. But Koch's death is going to blow up into something serious, and when it does, he'll be able to use his noble phantasm again. I have no idea how you'd escape it, the only thing I can think of is to try to use a command seal."
> "I'm sure he targeted Koch first because he was rich and influential, but it's probably wishful thinking that it'd be less effective on normal people like you and me..."

>You explain what you've learned about Gavrilo Princip. KImimela nods along, and not seeming very impressed. Lancer is definitely listening, nodding along and producing a smartphone, tapping in this or that from time to time. Archer relaxes a little in the meantime, finding a tree to lean against. You do note, however, that she is still close enough to put herself between you and Lancer or the other master if needs be.
>"Hey," Archer sends after you finish explaining. "Is it just me, or does it seem like that woman doesn't actually get what you're saying?"
>"So his whole thing is that the weapon causes a huge sort of calamity, huh?" says Kimimela. "That'll be difficult to fight against."
>"Best that we don't give him time to fight at all," says Lancer. "I do think she is right, a command seal might be enough to neutralize it. The trick will be knowing that he's there, which is what the Assassin class conceals best."

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #308 on: September 20, 2017, 03:20:33 AM »
> @Archer: "I kind of get the feeling she's being carried by her servant..."
> "You'll feel it when it's about to happen. It feels like the whole weight of the world is shifting, and time slows to a crawl, but you can't do a thing."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #309 on: September 20, 2017, 03:26:40 AM »
> @Archer: "I kind of get the feeling she's being carried by her servant..."
> "You'll feel it when it's about to happen. It feels like the whole weight of the world is shifting, and time slows to a crawl, but you can't do a thing."

>"Wonder what that's about?" Archer sends back.
>"But if we know it's coming ahead of time, maybe we can still do something..." she says. "Hopefully we won't have to find out that."
>"Not if I have anything to say about it, in any event," says Lancer.

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #310 on: September 20, 2017, 10:07:10 PM »
Anyone have anything they want to say before we end this meeting? I'm totally ready to book it back to our car.

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #311 on: September 22, 2017, 04:09:15 AM »
No? Okay then.

> "So, uh, are we free to go?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #312 on: September 22, 2017, 04:13:37 AM »
> "So, uh, are we free to go?"

>"Well, Master?" says Lancer, glancing toward her with a cocked eyebrow.
>"...Yeah, I guess," says Kimimela. "Don't think you've impressed us or anything, sooner or later we'll be coming for you."

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #313 on: September 22, 2017, 04:23:10 AM »
> "Thanks for being reasonable."
> Take Archer and go.
> "Well, that was a pain, but it could work out in our favor. If he can track down Assassin's master as easily as he did me, it'll take him out of the picture before he becomes a threat again."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #314 on: September 22, 2017, 04:34:13 AM »
> "Thanks for being reasonable."
> Take Archer and go.
> "Well, that was a pain, but it could work out in our favor. If he can track down Assassin's master as easily as he did me, it'll take him out of the picture before he becomes a threat again."

>"We'll be in touch!" Lancer says, waving and smiling. His master, in contrast, frowns as though she feels she has been bamboozled, but can't quite articulate how.
>"That would be helpful," Archer sends as the two of you make you way back toward the highway. "I'm not sure if we can trust that guy, though."

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #315 on: September 22, 2017, 04:54:32 AM »
> "Well, we can't, but if he uses the information we gave him to make trouble for the other masters that only helps us."
> Back to the car. We remember the way back, right?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #316 on: September 22, 2017, 05:16:00 AM »
> "Well, we can't, but if he uses the information we gave him to make trouble for the other masters that only helps us."
> Back to the car. We remember the way back, right?

>You definitely remember the way. The two of you proceed in a kind of tense silence; you kind of expect some kind of backstabbing along the way. But the bridge comes into sight with no real problems. At least until Archer stops.
>"Master, wait," she sends. "Do you see it? There's mist."

>_

The ⑨th Zentillion

• Zentillion's Tumblr
« Reply #317 on: September 22, 2017, 05:18:52 AM »
>"Wait, what?"
>Look around. if there's mist there might just be Berserker... And that would be bad.
Did you bring a light?
...No...

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #318 on: September 22, 2017, 05:30:35 AM »
>"Wait, what?"
>Look around. if there's mist there might just be Berserker... And that would be bad.

>You look around, and you think you can see it, just a slight fog kind of clinging under the leaves of the undergrowth, you'd have missed it entirely if not for Archer.

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #319 on: September 24, 2017, 07:40:50 PM »
> "Let's get out of here!"
> Let's get out of here!

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #320 on: September 25, 2017, 04:45:30 AM »
> "Let's get out of here!"
> Let's get out of here!

>Where are you getting out of here to?

>_

The ⑨th Zentillion

• Zentillion's Tumblr
« Reply #321 on: September 25, 2017, 01:25:06 PM »
>The easy answer would be to get back to the car and get back on route, but the question is...
>Look around, both with your own eyes and a bit of Archer scouting; Is the mist by the route to our car? On the horizon? The way we need to go to get back on track...?
Did you bring a light?
...No...

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #322 on: September 25, 2017, 02:46:25 PM »
>The easy answer would be to get back to the car and get back on route, but the question is...
>Look around, both with your own eyes and a bit of Archer scouting; Is the mist by the route to our car? On the horizon? The way we need to go to get back on track...?

>You really can't see the horizon, being in a woods in a river valley. But it seems like the fog is raising from about everywhere.

>_

The ⑨th Zentillion

• Zentillion's Tumblr
« Reply #323 on: September 25, 2017, 06:45:39 PM »
>Get back to the car and on the main road ASAP, we can either get out of here and have the off-chance of running into Berserker... or we stay here and DEFINITELY run into him. Archer's no doubt adept at forest combat, but that might not be enough.
Did you bring a light?
...No...

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #324 on: September 25, 2017, 07:09:30 PM »
>Get back to the car and on the main road ASAP, we can either get out of here and have the off-chance of running into Berserker... or we stay here and DEFINITELY run into him. Archer's no doubt adept at forest combat, but that might not be enough.

>You dash back toward the road, Archer running alongside you without a word. As you make our way up the incline, you can hear loud, booming laughter echo through the forest, followed by what sounds like a tree going down.

>_

Suwako Moriya

• Hey you with the pretty face
  • Welcome to the human race!
« Reply #325 on: September 25, 2017, 07:14:19 PM »
> Did it sound like Lancer laughing, or someone else?
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #326 on: September 25, 2017, 07:24:09 PM »
> Did it sound like Lancer laughing, or someone else?

>Unless Lancer has a habit of putting on fake voices, that is definitely too deep for Lancer.

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #327 on: September 25, 2017, 09:44:26 PM »
Well shit!

> "Archer, run ahead and check if he's in sight of the car?"
> Hide behind a tree and kneel for a sec. If we can still message Lancer, send a quick "BERSERKER".

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #328 on: September 26, 2017, 04:28:18 AM »
Well shit!

> "Archer, run ahead and check if he's in sight of the car?"
> Hide behind a tree and kneel for a sec. If we can still message Lancer, send a quick "BERSERKER".

>"Got it!" says Archer, dashing ahead.
>You kneel behind a reasonably large tree. It's not enough to fully obscure you, but it's better than being in the open.
>There is no reply.
>"I don't see him!" Archer sends.

>_

« Reply #329 on: September 26, 2017, 04:29:31 AM »
>"OK, I'm coming."
>Head to the car as fast as we can.