Author Topic: JoJo's Bizarre Grail War Part 2 - A Fate/Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 220717 times)

The ⑨th Zentillion

• The impeaches were delicious...
  • Now hungry for conviction!
    • Zentillion's Tumblr
Re: JoJo's Bizarre Grail War Part 2 - A Fate/Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #240 on: September 01, 2017, 11:11:03 AM »
//I'd say we have her drop it. These two don't seem to be particularly untrustworthy, despite their methods of bringing us to them.
Did you bring a light?
...No...

Smash the Fash; The far right belongs in the TRASH.

Suwako Moriya

• Hey you with the pretty face
  • Welcome to the human race!
« Reply #241 on: September 01, 2017, 12:03:06 PM »
I trust her, but I don't know if I trust him, particularly if he actually is some sort of trickster god. Could go either way.
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #242 on: September 01, 2017, 04:55:34 PM »
If he can get a general sense of where she is anyway I don't think it matters much. Go for it.

Monarda

• Tactician that has a soft spot for cuteness.
  • Art by Amibazh
« Reply #243 on: September 01, 2017, 04:59:19 PM »
//Either is fine by me.

The ⑨th Zentillion

• The impeaches were delicious...
  • Now hungry for conviction!
    • Zentillion's Tumblr
« Reply #244 on: September 01, 2017, 05:40:38 PM »
>Sigh. "I suppose there's no way around it. Become visible, he already knows you're there anyway."
Did you bring a light?
...No...

Smash the Fash; The far right belongs in the TRASH.

« Reply #245 on: September 01, 2017, 07:36:51 PM »
I think it's better if we make this sound less like an inevitable concession, and more like an act of generosity. We'd like to convince her that we're not just planning to shoot her in the head here, rather than "Oh well, you got me."

(And I agree, I don't trust her SERVANT, no matter how friendly he seems, but SHE doesn't seem so bad - I mean, who wouldn't be guarded and wary of us under these circumstances?)

>Instead:
>"In the interest of conviviality."
>Drop your noble phantasm. I want to try talking with them. But keep an eye out for a good tree to get to in a hurry if things go south.

>Address the master: "From your perspective, I'm sure it's hard not to be suspicious of me - I would be too in your position - but I'd genuinely rather talk than start trying to harm each other. My name's Lily."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #246 on: September 01, 2017, 09:20:12 PM »
>Instead:
>"In the interest of conviviality."
>Drop your noble phantasm. I want to try talking with them. But keep an eye out for a good tree to get to in a hurry if things go south.

>Address the master: "From your perspective, I'm sure it's hard not to be suspicious of me - I would be too in your position - but I'd genuinely rather talk than start trying to harm each other. My name's Lily."

>"Oh, such obscure words!" the servant says, grinning a bit more.
>"Alright," says Archer, as she appears beside you. The Native American woman startles a little.
>"Oh, did you hear that?" says the Servant. "They want to talk! To us! Isn't that fun?"
>"It always seems to start that way, yeah," says the woman, you're not sure if she's addressing you or the Servant. "Alright, I'm Kimimela. So, talk."

>_

« Reply #247 on: September 01, 2017, 09:59:02 PM »
>"Well, first of all I'd like to ask what your intentions were in calling us to this location in the first place, and why you felt the need to use threats to do so. If you'd just wanted to kill us, I'm sure you would have used more than a proverbial warning shot against my Servant."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #248 on: September 01, 2017, 10:11:38 PM »
>"Well, first of all I'd like to ask what your intentions were in calling us to this location in the first place, and why you felt the need to use threats to do so. If you'd just wanted to kill us, I'm sure you would have used more than a proverbial warning shot against my Servant."

>"I like to watch people squirm," says the Servant with a shrug.
>"You're outmatched," says Kimimela. "Just give up and let's do this the easy way."

>_

« Reply #249 on: September 01, 2017, 10:18:58 PM »
>"I know the Grail War has a reputation for being a bloodbath, but I have no desire to kill anyone - and certainly not someone I've never met and know nothing about. You're probably a pretty decent person and surely a professional rivalry doesn't have to end in murder."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #250 on: September 01, 2017, 10:26:47 PM »
>"I know the Grail War has a reputation for being a bloodbath, but I have no desire to kill anyone - and certainly not someone I've never met and know nothing about. You're probably a pretty decent person and surely a professional rivalry doesn't have to end in murder."

>"Exactly, so just give up," says Kimimela. "There's nothing for you to gain here."

>_

« Reply #251 on: September 01, 2017, 10:36:27 PM »
>"Do you know what you'd plan to do with the grail if you won it?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #252 on: September 01, 2017, 10:39:33 PM »
>"Do you know what you'd plan to do with the grail if you won it?"

>"I know exactly what I'm going to do with it," she says.
>"How odd you'd even need to ask that," says the Servant.

>_

« Reply #253 on: September 01, 2017, 10:53:37 PM »
>"Well everyone, I think, has their own goals for it. I was just curious what yours were."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #254 on: September 01, 2017, 11:10:12 PM »
>"Well everyone, I think, has their own goals for it. I was just curious what yours were."

>"Oh, you won't like it at all," says the servant.
>"No, I might as well be honest," says Kimimela. "It's simple, I'm going to use the Grail to reverse our positions, bringing the high to the low and the low to the high."

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #255 on: September 01, 2017, 11:12:10 PM »
> "Well, I can't blame you for having a wish like that, but..."
> "Anyway, do you know of a way to accept a surrender in the first place? How would either of us go about relinquishing our command seals?"

« Reply #256 on: September 01, 2017, 11:16:01 PM »
>What sort of ancestry do we have? Was Ford just projecting when he assumed we were at least part-Jewish?

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #257 on: September 01, 2017, 11:19:13 PM »
> Give the Servant a quizzical look.
> "And what makes you think I won't like that? I'm not high-tailing it out of Illinois because I LIKE Charles Koch."
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #258 on: September 02, 2017, 06:54:39 AM »
> "Well, I can't blame you for having a wish like that, but..."
> "Anyway, do you know of a way to accept a surrender in the first place? How would either of us go about relinquishing our command seals?"

>The Servant snickers. "I was wondering that myself, dear Master."
>"We'll cross that bridge when we get to it," she growls. You aren't sure who she's growling at.

>What sort of ancestry do we have? Was Ford just projecting when he assumed we were at least part-Jewish?

>Mostly English and Irish as you understand. You wouldn't be surprised to learn there was something Jewish a few generations back, though.

> Give the Servant a quizzical look.
> "And what makes you think I won't like that? I'm not high-tailing it out of Illinois because I LIKE Charles Koch."

>"Isn't that an interesting subject change?" says the Servant. "I would have thought we were simply going the same way for the same reasons"

>_

« Reply #259 on: September 02, 2017, 07:20:21 AM »
>"There's been a conspicuously large number of Servants passing by the same places at the same time, if you ask me. We're 600 miles from the Grail and yet I've already run into 4 of them - what are the odds in a country this large?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #260 on: September 02, 2017, 07:57:32 AM »
>"There's been a conspicuously large number of Servants passing by the same places at the same time, if you ask me. We're 600 miles from the Grail and yet I've already run into 4 of them - what are the odds in a country this large?"

>"Oh my, isn't that something?" says the servant.
>"Are you implying that industrialist was a Master, too?" says Kimimela.

>_

« Reply #261 on: September 02, 2017, 08:14:43 AM »
>"He was the Master of Rider, yes. And ordered his Servant to kill me after I refused the 20 million dollars he was offering for my command seals - although I'm not convinced he wouldn't have tried to kill me even if I'd said yes. We weren't the ones that finished him off, though - not that I plan to shed any tears for someone like him. That was Assassin's doing."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #262 on: September 02, 2017, 08:51:15 AM »
>"He was the Master of Rider, yes. And ordered his Servant to kill me after I refused the 20 million dollars he was offering for my command seals - although I'm not convinced he wouldn't have tried to kill me even if I'd said yes. We weren't the ones that finished him off, though - not that I plan to shed any tears for someone like him. That was Assassin's doing."

>"Oh, and here I thought you were going to tell me that our fine bow woman here actually used a gun," says the servant, "That would have been interesting!"
>"I wouldn't want to get the gun grease all over my hands," says Archer, shrugging her shoulders and shaking her head.
>"Hmm. So Assassin was following him..."says Kimimela.

>_

« Reply #263 on: September 02, 2017, 09:10:45 AM »
>"It seems likely. Koch got away during the end of the fight with Rider and we caught up to him just as Assassin appeared, shot him, and left."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #264 on: September 02, 2017, 10:57:31 AM »
>"It seems likely. Koch got away during the end of the fight with Rider and we caught up to him just as Assassin appeared, shot him, and left."

>"How brutal," says the servant, leaning on his spear.
>"I wonder how long Assassin had been after him?" says Kimimela.

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #265 on: September 02, 2017, 05:01:34 PM »
> "We also saw Berserker. It seems like he travels the roads in plain sight. You'll know he's coming when a fog rolls in."
> "In any case, it looks like we don't have any way to negotiate if neither of us knows how to remove command seals. Why don't we just agree to not battle each other until we're the last two masters remaining?"

« Reply #266 on: September 02, 2017, 06:17:41 PM »
> "In any case, it looks like we don't have any way to negotiate if neither of us knows how to remove command seals. Why don't we just agree to not battle each other until we're the last two masters remaining?"

>Hang on a sec

I think we might be able to work up to better than that, especially since the vague wish a few of us had discussed (if not nailed down) treads a similar line to her own. The idea, I thought, was something that would make the world a better place for the downtrodden - accessible healthcare and education, equitable governance, something (basically a matter of figuring out how best to frame that general kind of result in a wish). Which, coincidentally, is awfully similar to her own wish except without the part of deliberately tearing down other people to make them suffer the same injustices - and that might be a flexible point over time, if she can believe we really do care about helping people less privileged than we are. I think we might be able to find at least some ideologically common ground before making such a proposal.

(And remember, we do also have information on Assassin's true name and abilities to exchange, too)

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #267 on: September 02, 2017, 06:45:20 PM »
Sure, but the point is that until we find a way to actually handle a surrender and transfer of power, ONE of us has to die or nobody's getting a wish.

What we really need to do is get to the grail and talk to the overseer to understand what our options are. What I'm proposing here is buying time until then.

EDIT: Actually, lemme modify my suggestion to that effect.

> "In any case, it looks like we don't have any way to negotiate if neither of us knows how to remove command seals. Why don't we just agree to not battle each other until we've at least talked to the overseer? I really want some answers before we escalate this any further."
« Last Edit: September 02, 2017, 11:54:17 PM by Stuffman »

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #268 on: September 03, 2017, 02:22:06 AM »
> "In any case, it looks like we don't have any way to negotiate if neither of us knows how to remove command seals. Why don't we just agree to not battle each other until we've at least talked to the overseer? I really want some answers before we escalate this any further."

>"Ah, we've moved to the treaty phase, now," says the Servant.
>"That's not good enough," says Kimimela. "If we're going to do something like that, then use one of your Seals to make your Servant vow never to oppose us."

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #269 on: September 03, 2017, 02:49:14 AM »
> "If it was more along the lines of 'Not oppose you until you attack one of us', I'd say I'd want to consider it, but then I'm still in the game and out a command seal. What am I supposed to do when I run into yet another damn servant fifteen minutes from now?"