Author Topic: JoJo's Bizarre Grail War Part 2 - A Fate/Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 220826 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: JoJo's Bizarre Grail War Part 2 - A Fate/Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #180 on: August 30, 2017, 05:33:04 AM »
>Actually, what say you scout on ahead while I stall our friend here just a bit? I'll catch up.

>"I'm willing, but are you sure they won't take advantage of us being split up?" Archer sends.

>_

« Reply #181 on: August 30, 2017, 05:43:45 AM »
>Well, here's where we hope they think you're still with me and just maybe this won't have been a pointless idea after all.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #182 on: August 30, 2017, 05:47:10 AM »
>Well, here's where we hope they think you're still with me and just maybe this won't have been a pointless idea after all.

>"Got it. I'll keep in touch," says Archer. "Keep them distracted."
>You imagine you can almost hear her boots hit the pavement.

>_

« Reply #183 on: August 30, 2017, 05:52:15 AM »
>Text: "Well, it is, but... how far north do you want me to walk?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #184 on: August 30, 2017, 05:55:44 AM »
>Text: "Well, it is, but... how far north do you want me to walk?"

>"You'll know when you've come far enough," the unknown person replies.
>"Do you want me to go due north, or fan out a bit?" Archer sends.

>_

« Reply #185 on: August 30, 2017, 06:02:04 AM »
>Fan out just a little - a place someone might be lying in ambush along the path northward.
>Scroll around google maps of the area a bit
>Text: "Would it be faster if I looped up to where Route 31 crosses the river? Or maybe King Road?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #186 on: August 30, 2017, 06:09:20 AM »
>Fan out just a little - a place someone might be lying in ambush along the path northward.
>Scroll around google maps of the area a bit
>Text: "Would it be faster if I looped up to where Route 31 crosses the river? Or maybe King Road?"

>"Alright," Archer says. "Heading into the woods now."
>"Oh, that'd be a mistake," replies the mysterious person. "Where you're are right now is a proper place to start."

>_

« Reply #187 on: August 30, 2017, 06:12:00 AM »
>Text: "Is... there a trail down to the river somewhere around here? I don't see one."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #188 on: August 30, 2017, 06:37:09 AM »
>Text: "Is... there a trail down to the river somewhere around here? I don't see one."

>"Just follow the riverside, you'll see a deer path after a few minutes." the person texts back.
>"These woods have the same sort of feel that town does," Archer sends. "But I haven't seen anything awry just yet."

>_

« Reply #189 on: August 30, 2017, 06:53:23 AM »
>They just mentioned a deer path diverging from the riverside after a few minutes.
>Text: "And I follow that?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #190 on: August 30, 2017, 07:08:31 AM »
>They just mentioned a deer path diverging from the riverside after a few minutes.
>Text: "And I follow that?"

>"Not too close to the river right now," says Archer. "There's not a whole lot of underbrush here, though. I don't see any signs there ever was any... It's easy to move around, though.
>"You do!" the unknown person replies. "It will take you right where you need to be. And before you ask, you'll know."

>_

« Reply #191 on: August 30, 2017, 07:11:11 AM »
>Well, they specifically said that this deer trail will take me where I need to be. That I'll know when I get there. I may not be able to stall much longer before I at least attempt looking for it.
>How incredibly overreaching would it be for us to consider the possibility that a Caster going by the alias of Big_Spider and having seemingly unnatural powers over web-based communication could be Arachne?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #192 on: August 30, 2017, 07:29:07 AM »
>Well, they specifically said that this deer trail will take me where I need to be. That I'll know when I get there. I may not be able to stall much longer before I at least attempt looking for it.
>How incredibly overreaching would it be for us to consider the possibility that a Caster going by the alias of Big_Spider and having seemingly unnatural powers over web-based communication could be Arachne?

>"Should I join back up with you when you do?" Archer sends.
>Well. There's a theme at least. But you need more to go on to try and figure out who this one is...

>_

« Reply #193 on: August 30, 2017, 07:32:49 AM »
>Not just yet. I think I'm gonna bring the cylinder with me when I do, though, in case they were just luring us away to steal it. Seems like a thing Caster might want, after all.
>We don't happen to see any conspicuous spiders in the car with us right now, do we?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #194 on: August 30, 2017, 07:36:18 AM »
>Not just yet. I think I'm gonna bring the cylinder with me when I do, though, in case they were just luring us away to steal it. Seems like a thing Caster might want, after all.
>We don't happen to see any conspicuous spiders in the car with us right now, do we?

>"Right," says Archer. "Though to be honest, it's a low priority to me. I'd rather break it than give it to them if it comes to that."
>You do not see any spiders around.

>_

« Reply #195 on: August 30, 2017, 08:03:00 AM »
>Fair. I'm just taking it on the off-chance they planned to sneak off with it.
>What's Big_Spider's avatar look like, out of curiosity?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #196 on: August 30, 2017, 08:04:28 AM »
>Fair. I'm just taking it on the off-chance they planned to sneak off with it.
>What's Big_Spider's avatar look like, out of curiosity?

>They don't have one.

>_

« Reply #197 on: August 30, 2017, 08:39:41 AM »
>Text: "Well, I... guess I'll go look for it then."
>Let's grab our backpack and go investigate a way down to the river, but don't make too much of a rush about it - a casual, guarded pace rather than obviously delaying, but certainly no need leap down the slope immediately.
>And let Archer know we've left the car. In fact, delay just enough that it looks like they might be getting out our side of the car along with us, before closing the door again.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #198 on: August 30, 2017, 08:46:50 AM »
>Text: "Well, I... guess I'll go look for it then."
>Let's grab our backpack and go investigate a way down to the river, but don't make too much of a rush about it - a casual, guarded pace rather than obviously delaying, but certainly no need leap down the slope immediately.
>And let Archer know we've left the car. In fact, delay just enough that it looks like they might be getting out our side of the car along with us, before closing the door again.

>"I'll be waiting!" the unknown person texts back. Then a moment later they add, "Oops! Someone's being a tricky bugger."
>"Ack!" comes Archer's mental voice. "Something just stung me! Can't see any sources! And I don't feel any enemies around me..."

>_

« Reply #199 on: August 30, 2017, 08:53:57 AM »
>Check for spiders!
>Bloody hell.. Through her noble phantasm?
>We don't happen to have any magic that would be useful against toxins of either the mundane or magical variety, do we?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #200 on: August 30, 2017, 09:08:28 AM »
>Check for spiders!
>Bloody hell.. Through her noble phantasm?
>We don't happen to have any magic that would be useful against toxins of either the mundane or magical variety, do we?

>"I'm fine, I'm fine..." Archer sends back. "I don't think I see any spiders..."
>You do not. Maybe...Staunch could be modified to slow them down. But on the fly? Maybe in an emergency...

>_

« Reply #201 on: August 30, 2017, 09:16:51 AM »
>But your noble phantasm was still active? Big_Spider just mentioned your presence - or it was probably that, anyway. 'Oops. Someone's being a tricky bugger.'
>Text back: "What?"
>And then let's get ready to get moving anyway

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #202 on: August 30, 2017, 09:33:14 AM »
>But your noble phantasm was still active? Big_Spider just mentioned your presence - or it was probably that, anyway. 'Oops. Someone's being a tricky bugger.'
>Text back: "What?"
>And then let's get ready to get moving anyway

>"Yeah, I hadn't taken it off," Archer sends. "So it was them...urgh..."
>Big_Spider simply replies with, "n_n"
>You get ready to move. You'll have to cross the highway to get to the north side of the river, but it's not terribly busy right now.

>_

« Reply #203 on: August 30, 2017, 10:06:40 PM »
>Do you think we should regroup?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #204 on: August 30, 2017, 10:11:19 PM »
>Do you think we should regroup?

>"Yeah," Archer says. "I don't like the idea of you being alone in this."

>_

« Reply #205 on: August 30, 2017, 10:36:29 PM »
>And still no trace of anything at all?
>Text: "You have eyes on me so why shouldn't I have eyes on you, too? I don't intend your master harm if you don't intend the same for me."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #206 on: August 30, 2017, 10:43:11 PM »
>And still no trace of anything at all?
>Text: "You have eyes on me so why shouldn't I have eyes on you, too? I don't intend your master harm if you don't intend the same for me."

>"Nothing definite," Archer sends.
>"Are you saying I wasn't harsh enough?" replies the unknown person. "I could be if you like. It's no trouble."

>_

« Reply #207 on: August 30, 2017, 11:04:55 PM »
>Text: "I'd frankly much rather have a direct discussion than any of this subterfuge and veiled threats."
>I think you might need to get out of there - for your sake as much as mine.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #208 on: August 30, 2017, 11:28:34 PM »
>Text: "I'd frankly much rather have a direct discussion than any of this subterfuge and veiled threats."
>I think you might need to get out of there - for your sake as much as mine.

>"Then you shouldn't try subterfuge yourself! n_n"  replies the unknown person.
>"Alright, I'm coming back at top speed," says Archer. "Anything else you want?"

>_

« Reply #209 on: August 30, 2017, 11:44:40 PM »
>Curse you, Muffet! *shakes fist*
>Just keep an eye out. If you can spot some clue about any of this, that'd be great.
>Text: "Can you blame me for being cautious when someone invites me out into the middle of the woods and won't say why?"