Author Topic: Touhou start problems  (Read 2417 times)

Touhou start problems
« on: June 04, 2012, 03:43:43 AM »
Hi,

Ever since moving to my new computer (Vista->7) I've had quite a few problems with running Touhou (I kinda just copied my files from the old computer). At first they all worked fine (at least as far as I can remember), however, after a while most of them stopped working. The screen would switch to Touhou mode, on PCB and the older ones the loading screen would appear, and then it would minimize and stop working. The only one that works consistently is Mountain of Faith, which even sometimes doesn't work, while the rest only work if I'm lucky. Just today SA worked and I played a bit, but when I closed it and tried to open it again, the same problem cropped up.

At first I thought it was the Windows Aero theme, because when I switched to basic, they suddenly all worked. Then the next day they all stopped working and some would start working when the theme was switched back to Aero. Seemed like kinda a freak occurrence since switching the team no longer has any effect.

The computer has also gone through a factory reset to try to fix my screen colour problem (unrelated, and someone's coming to fix it today), but it had no effect on Touhou starting problems.

EDIT: Hold on just saw the sticky, gonna try it now Turns out I'm already Japanese locale, same situation
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 03:46:04 AM by GuppyForce »

Momiji

• Cya
Re: Touhou start problems
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2012, 09:37:47 PM »
Did you make sure to install the DirectX 9 installer that comes with the games?

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2012, 07:06:54 AM »
I'd previously already installed it beforehand and it is updated. The problem still occurs

Momiji

• Cya
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2012, 05:59:49 PM »
Hrmmm, odd.  What are your system's specs?

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2012, 04:04:46 PM »
Not too sure which ones people normally give.

Operation System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Processor: Intel Core i5-2467M CPU @1.60GHz
RAM: 4GB
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
Graphics Card: Intel HD Graphics Family

Momiji

• Cya
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2012, 06:52:41 PM »
Graphics Card: Intel HD Graphics Family
Your issues are weird, but I'll say this could be an issue for you.  The Touhou games require actual 3D hardware, and even low end cards will suffice.  Anything by Nvidia or ATI.

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2012, 11:27:39 AM »
That might make sense due to my previous card being NVidia, though on the graphics card control panel it does show a tab for settings for 3D

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2012, 07:49:25 PM »
Unless you can get some settings to work there, it might not be the 3D that Touhou needs, could just possibly be very small 3D integration, I suppose. A new graphics card is in order for this otherwise. Intel cards aren't really that great for graphics, you'll want to stick with nVidia or AMD.
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>