Author Topic: Reitaisai 9 has begun (Your general purpose Reitaisai 9 Thread)  (Read 12953 times)

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
Sound cue.

Reitaisai 9 has begun at Tokyo Big Sight, though I'm not sure if the public is getting in yet (I suck at reading Japanese).  Though, I'm fairly sure the various attending circles and whatnot has been let in to set up and get ready.

Official link: http://reitaisai.com/index.html

So...
About how long before details about the TH 14 demo (if there is one) spreads?
What doujins are in your sight?
Are you one of the lucky few actually there?

Re: Reitaisai 9 has begun (Your general purpose Reitaisai 9 Thread)
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2012, 02:27:54 AM »
ZUN isn't going to be at Reitaisai. He's getting married, remember? So, uh, no TH14.

Totaku

• The Traveling Otaku of Gensokyo
  • I want to be a little NEET moon princess
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2012, 05:23:43 AM »
Yup, ZUN's marriage is today. He will not be attending Reitaisai and did mention before he probably wouldn't have a Touhou 14 demo either. Though he mentioned there would be a surprise....which is unclear, but I think the surprise was the re-release of the music CD Unknown Flower, Mesmerizing Journey which was sold only during the earthquake event back last year.

Course then again, we don't know if ZUN has something cooked up in some form or not.

I will point out that one thing we need to watch for is.... the wedding song that'll be sung for ZUN's wedding. And maybe possible photos or wedding footage from ZUN's wedding.

Course doesn't mean ZUN may have something else cooked up.... cause we never know. I just look forward to the results.

Also want to remind you that Helepolis, Neitz, N-Forza and Blargel are currently attending Reitaisai 9 also. So expect coverage from them!
Also those over at Reitaisa, don't forget to pay a visit to Silver Forest since this maybe thier last time they'll be doing something in this circle together.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 05:31:10 AM by Totaku »
That's one small step for man, one giant leap for Otaku Kind.
Tsunami Channel Home of  Japanese webcomics Artist Akira Hasegawa.
My Deviant Art site gallery
Now I Twitter

Lepetit89

• Deranged Collector
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2012, 05:36:21 AM »
What doujins are in your sight?

In my sight? More than I'd care to count. Able to buy? Apparently, not even a dozen thanks to the WhiteCanvas mess earlier this year. Well, at least I've managed to get a new goal in life due to that unfortunate setback.

Guess I'll have to be happy with CDs for the most part now.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2012, 12:59:32 PM »
ZUN wasn't there. There was no ZUN-booth or anything either. Either summer Ket we get something or winter ket. Either way, Reitaisai 9 was just Reitaisai 9. For my coverage/report, see Letty's Journal.

@ Toutaku, Silver Forest had a major huge line. Though I think Urameshiya got some stuff from them. I don't know them so I could skip :V

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2012, 02:50:41 PM »
In the same spirit as the new Fantasy Kaleidoscope PV released at Reitaisai 9 (as seen in its own topic), it appears a new PV for Touhou Musou Kakyou Episode 2 was released too.

Everyone still has the same face lol. And it seems Youmu and Yuyuko won't be the only new characters (
Spoiler:
Eientei cast
anyone? :V). I'm curious to see how they depict Youmu's sword techniques, if that fight scene is anything to go by.

A little help translating the text would be great too. I've been neglecting my studies too much. ::)
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

Totaku

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2012, 03:25:32 PM »
ZUN wasn't there. There was no ZUN-booth or anything either. Either summer Ket we get something or winter ket. Either way, Reitaisai 9 was just Reitaisai 9. For my coverage/report, see Letty's Journal.

@ Toutaku, Silver Forest had a major huge line. Though I think Urameshiya got some stuff from them. I don't know them so I could skip :V

I figured that, thought I'm surprise no ZUN-booth, but whatever I guess, But yeah after what happen to Sayuri, this would be Silver Forest's final hurrah as a group before they moved their separate ways (still aim to do Touhou stuff, just in different groups) so they deserved the attnetion they got over at Reitaisai.

Also read your journal, all have to say is... your adventure reeks of awesomeness on many levels.
Now I Twitter

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2012, 06:51:05 PM »
So, is there any footage of Reitaisai 9 yet?

Paper Conan

• Productivity, all day 'erry day
  • NOPE, just kidding~
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2012, 07:34:28 PM »
Likewise, are there any photos or videos of ZUN's wedding already?  I really want to see how everything went for him.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 07:36:42 PM by Paper Conan »

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2012, 05:48:16 AM »
Likewise, are there any photos or videos of ZUN's wedding already?  I really want to see how everything went for him.
No idea about this. Where ever his wedding was, it wasn't at Reitaisai. I wouldn't be surprised if he escaped to a mountain/hill hidden shrine to get married officially there. I guess we need to keep our eyes open for sources who were officially at the wedding.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 08:44:01 AM by Helepolis »

[Y]oukai [J]esus

• "MotK's 1%" (?)
  • Idiot Deity 2013 - 2014 RIP
    • Muh Writings
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2012, 10:17:47 AM »
No idea about this. Where ever his wedding was, it wasn't at Reitaisai. I wouldn't be surprised if he escaped to a mountain/hill hidden shrine to get married officially there. I guess we need to keep our eyes open for sources who were officially at the wedding.

Though I was slightly thinking he might pop up at Reitaisai as SURPRISE! but that didn't happen either.

The night before Reitaisai, the real Hakurei Shrine was rebuilt. ZUN's wedding was held there.

(wry :V

<Nietz> Anyway, sex toys alone won't come up to 11k.
[18:48] <Warma> There must have been a new depth, where you've sunk as a person. Then you dug through that.

Nietz

• NEETz
  • Normal Person
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2012, 12:39:29 PM »
Well, I didn't have an experience as nearly as epic as Helepolis', but it was fun, as all doujin events tend to be. Though this time I was really trying not to spend too much, with only moderate success.
As I mentioned in [url http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,12673.msg835795.html#msg835795]his thread[/url], I couldn't find Hele there, but went by Forza's booth to say hi. 

Silver Forest was selling a two volume "best of" collection. I'm not sure, but they probably put it together as the group's last release. They were also selling their latest TD-themed album.
As Helepolis said, the line for their booth was huge. I didn't get in line because even though I like some of their works, I'm not that much of a fan. But I did get in line for signed copies of Sekkenya's Shuzou and Cool & Create Amane's CDs later. :D Kishida Kyoudan also had a huge line, so I decided to come back later but they had sold out already.  :ohdear:

Unfortunately, Stripe Pattern wasn't participating in this one. I had gotten I signed book from them last time, I was wanting to at least say hi.
Speaking of which, WiZ-GARAGE was again absent. He's pretty much dropped from view since December, with even his homepage and Twitter going offline or silent. Lack of updates on 30 notwithstanding, this is kinda worrying even...

I went to Mizuki's booth later, asked how was his trip to the US&A and told him about the Karakasa festival we have at Tsuchiura. He said he wouldn't be able to go, it being on the day of Comiket, but I checked later and noticed he probably was thinking of last year's Summer Comiket, this one will be a different date. Oh well...

Chuckolator

• ex-perfecter, good times
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2012, 02:02:55 AM »
Hoping for some sort of news about a new game, don't really care about the other stuff. <_<
Aiming to perfect every stage in Touhou. loljk don't care anymore You can find my perfects here or here.
Best perfects so far include UFO 6, MoF 4 and IN 6A.

formerly known as Seiga Kaku

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2012, 06:01:56 AM »
Hoping for some sort of news about a new game, don't really care about the other stuff. <_<

I'd be very surprised if there were a new game released at all this year. Between SoPM, TGA, and the wedding, ZUN probably has no time for making a whole game, even a smaller one like Fairy Wars.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Totaku

« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2012, 06:33:12 AM »
I'd be very surprised if there were a new game released at all this year. Between SoPM, TGA, and the wedding, ZUN probably has no time for making a whole game, even a smaller one like Fairy Wars.

I would think so to, but you want to know my opinion on the matter? Even though ZUN's did all this stuff, it also wouldn't surprise me if he somehow manages to pull out one game (likely a mini one) this year. But I have feeling he's holding out on it ATM moment...

Why? Because of Wild and Horned Hermit is my best guess ... I know not all the chapters have been translated yet but if any of you gotten up to chapter 12 with the comic, then you know tensions are starting to begin to form.

Anyone notice how Kasen Ibara's gotten SO POPULAR over the last year? ZUN's been building up her character alot, she's got something special to her that almost makes me think he wants to put her in the game, but yet not until the story is complete. (He almost did back in TD if we heard correctly. But opted out and stuck with Mamizou)

Now how tensions beginning to form possibly in WaHH? Because we're now past the TD events and now Kasen has met face to face with
Spoiler:
Seiga Kaku
and it's already getting to Kasen to some extent. Have to wait till the next chapters (and translations of the rest for the full story)

Interesting timing since I noticed alot of folks bought books on these hermits at Reitaisai. But if my speculations are correct, ZUN may holding off on a game due to honeymooning (ATM) and wait for WaHH to be completed because we're likely going to have hermits appear somewhere in a game somewhere down the road. (and I'm not talking about TD, I mean something new)

Yes, I'm being optimistic here, he may take off for a year for all I know, but I just somehow get this impression that the manga has some significant importance to the Touhou series as a whole. So take it with a grain of salt if you wish.
Now I Twitter