Author Topic: Sakuya Quest 4 - A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 65765 times)

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
Re: Sakuya Quest 4 - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #720 on: July 11, 2016, 02:20:40 AM »
>Let's go with the assumption, and make with that action.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #721 on: July 11, 2016, 07:50:38 AM »
> Also make a mental note that we agreed to tell present-day Shou to not worry about Murasa.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #722 on: July 11, 2016, 01:29:53 PM »
>Let's go with the assumption, and make with that action.

>You press forward. The foliage clears out a little as you press onward, then quickly thickens again as you get to what ought to be about halfway to where the library center should be. You suppose you could push through, but it may be possible to go around.

> Also make a mental note that we agreed to tell present-day Shou to not worry about Murasa.

>You have...
>Promised to tell Tenshi to go for the shoulder, whatever that means.
>Offered to tell Yuuka not to wait before she misses the opportunity to deal with 'her'.
>Offered to tell Futo not to be afraid.
>Taken it upon yourself to deliver a sworn statement to the Taoists and Buddhists.
>Agreed to tell Flandre than things will get better.
>Agreed to deliver Future Alice's research to her present-day self.
>Promised to tell Shou not to worry about Murasa.

>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #723 on: July 11, 2016, 02:29:13 PM »
>Could we just fly over it, or is it too tall/made of trees? If so, do so... otherwise, start making our way around.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #724 on: July 11, 2016, 03:19:51 PM »
>Could we just fly over it, or is it too tall/made of trees? If so, do so... otherwise, start making our way around.

>You could, it does count as going around.

>_

Suwako Moriya

• Hey you with the pretty face
  • Welcome to the human race!
« Reply #725 on: July 11, 2016, 05:05:14 PM »
> Crest the canopy, at least, to see if there is a reasonable place beyond the thickness where we can land.
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #726 on: July 11, 2016, 05:14:34 PM »
> Crest the canopy, at least, to see if there is a reasonable place beyond the thickness where we can land.

>You take to the air and look around. It seems there's a decent clearing to the southwest a little ways, among the thick boughs.

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #727 on: July 11, 2016, 05:24:35 PM »
> How does that direction and distance compare to our knowledge of the center of the library?
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #728 on: July 11, 2016, 05:38:10 PM »
> How does that direction and distance compare to our knowledge of the center of the library?

>You think you'd be a bit to the west of it, roughly. Maybe slightly southwest?

>_

Monarda

• Tactician that has a soft spot for cuteness.
  • Art by Amibazh
« Reply #729 on: July 11, 2016, 08:16:37 PM »
>Can we reach that point without much trouble ? Or are there many obstacles blocking the way ?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #730 on: July 11, 2016, 08:31:54 PM »
>Can we reach that point without much trouble ? Or are there many obstacles blocking the way ?

>There are precious few obstacles in the air here, thankfully.

>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #731 on: July 11, 2016, 11:34:43 PM »
>We wanted to go west after we reach the center anyway. Head over to that clearing and land.
>Check the pearl.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #732 on: July 11, 2016, 11:44:00 PM »
>We wanted to go west after we reach the center anyway. Head over to that clearing and land.
>Check the pearl.

>You land in the small clearing, finding that bushes have taken over practically the whole thing; it is a bit hard to find a good place to stand.
>Checking the pearl, the colors are swirling more wildly.

>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #733 on: July 12, 2016, 12:17:38 AM »
>Goood, goooood.
>From here, we need to head further west... actually, that should be pretty much it, theoretically. Lets resume flying and slowly make our way further west whilst keeping an eye on the pearl. We don't really have a destination in mind this time... if we keep moving west of here sooner or later we should hit about as close to the spot we left as we're likely to get, unless we unexpectedly do find something significant around the area.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #734 on: July 12, 2016, 12:21:51 AM »
>Goood, goooood.
>From here, we need to head further west... actually, that should be pretty much it, theoretically. Lets resume flying and slowly make our way further west whilst keeping an eye on the pearl. We don't really have a destination in mind this time... if we keep moving west of here sooner or later we should hit about as close to the spot we left as we're likely to get, unless we unexpectedly do find something significant around the area.

>At what particular altitude? Above or below the tree line?

>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #735 on: July 12, 2016, 12:27:53 AM »
>Below. We don't want to be too far off from the ground- vertical proximity matters as much as horizontal. The library would have been somewhat higher than the ground anyway, so that's fine... stay just high enough to avoid things blocking our general pathline.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #736 on: July 12, 2016, 01:10:47 AM »
>Below. We don't want to be too far off from the ground- vertical proximity matters as much as horizontal. The library would have been somewhat higher than the ground anyway, so that's fine... stay just high enough to avoid things blocking our general pathline.

>You lift off and make your way forward.
>The trees here are fairly dense, sometimes you have to make awkward sideways turns to slip through them. Looking around, you don't see anything that stands out in terms of nature. just trees growing like any other part of the Forest of Magic. There doesn't even seem to be any funny plants that might signify this was once a site of some magical significance. What you do see of interest, however, are a few holes excavated in seemingly random places. Presumably Juza's work.
>The pearl's iridescence swirls at varying speeds, feeling random more than anything.

>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #737 on: July 12, 2016, 01:19:13 AM »
>Land and sigh after awhile, continuing to eye the pearl. Of course it wouldn't be that easy, would it?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #738 on: July 12, 2016, 01:22:06 AM »
>Land and sigh after awhile, continuing to eye the pearl. Of course it wouldn't be that easy, would it?

>You find a place to land and eye the pearl. It's shine continues to swirl. Alice quietly lands behind you.

>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #739 on: July 12, 2016, 01:41:49 AM »
>"Hrm. This might be harder than I thought. I've gone back to... about as close to the area where I was thrown through time as I think I'll be able to guess from, but it doesn't seem I've gotten quite close enough. Unless I just need to continue moving in this direction a bit further..."
>Experimentally, stop time and look around- not like a search, just... turn around and look about. Does anything seem... different from what we would normally expect? Peek at the pearl too.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #740 on: July 12, 2016, 01:52:42 AM »
>"Hrm. This might be harder than I thought. I've gone back to... about as close to the area where I was thrown through time as I think I'll be able to guess from, but it doesn't seem I've gotten quite close enough. Unless I just need to continue moving in this direction a bit further..."
>Experimentally, stop time and look around- not like a search, just... turn around and look about. Does anything seem... different from what we would normally expect? Peek at the pearl too.

>"How long is it expected to take?" Alice says, before you freeze time on her.
>Looking around, you don't see any thing unusual. The pearl is frozen in time, along with everything else.

>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #741 on: July 12, 2016, 02:01:18 AM »
Okay, yeah, that was probably sort of rude. XD

>Resume time after trying to reassume whatever pose we stopped it in. She may notice still, but, it'll be less jarring.
>"Hmm. Ran did say it could take a few minutes, if I remember correctly. While we wait and see on that... you wished for me to take a tome of your research back with me, yes? Is there somewhere we'll need to stop to retrieve one from?"
>Omit the last two sentences if we already got such a tome, but I don't recall that happening.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #742 on: July 12, 2016, 11:55:33 AM »
>Resume time after trying to reassume whatever pose we stopped it in. She may notice still, but, it'll be less jarring.
>"Hmm. Ran did say it could take a few minutes, if I remember correctly. While we wait and see on that... you wished for me to take a tome of your research back with me, yes? Is there somewhere we'll need to stop to retrieve one from?"
>Omit the last two sentences if we already got such a tome, but I don't recall that happening.

>You resume time.  And she did give you a volume of her research, it is in the bag you are carrying.
>"Perhaps patience is the best course?" says Alice.

>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #743 on: July 12, 2016, 02:24:22 PM »
>"Yes, we can wait for a bit. Mmn... whilst we wait, anything come to mind for conversation topics you'd be interested in?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #744 on: July 12, 2016, 03:12:26 PM »
>"Yes, we can wait for a bit. Mmn... whilst we wait, anything come to mind for conversation topics you'd be interested in?"

>"You mentioned something about Eientei, earlier," says Alice.

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #745 on: July 12, 2016, 03:19:17 PM »
> Did we ever find out why Alice was behind Renko's fairy-based assault on our home?
> "Are you interested in trying to find it? I'm aware that there is some sort of rock-based path in my time, though I have no idea if that has survived the years."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #746 on: July 12, 2016, 03:26:01 PM »
> Did we ever find out why Alice was behind Renko's fairy-based assault on our home?
> "Are you interested in trying to find it? I'm aware that there is some sort of rock-based path in my time, though I have no idea if that has survived the years."

>You understand she was raiding for the sake of wealth, presumably to further her own ends. You don't really know more than that.
>"I imagine it has not survived," says Alice.

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #747 on: July 12, 2016, 03:54:17 PM »
> "I wonder if there is another way to find it, then."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #748 on: July 12, 2016, 03:58:33 PM »
> "I wonder if there is another way to find it, then."

>"I imagine you would need to ask someone who knows the way there," says Alice.

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #749 on: July 12, 2016, 04:09:58 PM »
> "Indeed. Unfortunately, if the Lunarians are hiding there, the list of people who know the way and are accessible to outsiders is exceedingly short."