Author Topic: Magical Lotus - Mahou Shoujou Byakuren - Episode 4, Part 4  (Read 70602 times)

Re: Magical Lotus - Mahou Shoujou Byakuren - Episode 4, Part 4
« Reply #960 on: September 13, 2016, 02:12:48 AM »
>They need to be watching you dance, I assume? Does it take effect immediately?

>Yes to your first question, a qualified yes to your second. It depends on how strong their will is, and how resistant they are to enchantment-style magics.
>Having not received an answer from you, Breakdown turns and follows Drag Strip up the stairs.

« Reply #961 on: September 13, 2016, 02:28:39 AM »
>Oops, thought she'd already gone
>Well, might as well go survey the damage ourselves

« Reply #962 on: September 13, 2016, 04:55:29 AM »
>Oops, thought she'd already gone
>Well, might as well go survey the damage ourselves

>She had not.
>The five of you follow the blue haired biker up into the snowy wintry air, and as you reach the top of the stairs, you hear the sound of a motorcycle engine turn over. "That's my baby!" you hear Drag Strip exult. The six bikes belonging to the gang aren't in the same place as they were before, but only one of them shows any obvious signs of damage. The orange and black motorcycle in the middle of the group shows signs of scoring along its back half. Most likely the result of one of Motormaster's multi-directional electrical attacks.

« Reply #963 on: September 13, 2016, 05:05:47 AM »
>How badly beat up is the rest of the cemetery, anyway?
>"So I guess they made it out in one piece? Mostly, at least."

« Reply #964 on: September 13, 2016, 05:12:57 AM »
>How badly beat up is the rest of the cemetery, anyway?
>"So I guess they made it out in one piece? Mostly, at least."

>Pretty fragged, actually. It's a miracle that the bikes survived as well as they did.
>"Except for Vice's." Drag Strip replies, giving her engine a couple of experimental revs. "Beh. He had it coming."

« Reply #965 on: September 13, 2016, 05:47:26 AM »
>"Well, I'm glad the rest of them survived. It's rather unfortunate so much damage was done to the rest of the place, but the entity possessing Motormaster was... not particularly concerned about such things."

« Reply #966 on: September 13, 2016, 06:15:04 AM »
>"Well, I'm glad the rest of them survived. It's rather unfortunate so much damage was done to the rest of the place, but the entity possessing Motormaster was... not particularly concerned about such things."

>"And I suppose you never chipped a brick." Drag Strip asks.

« Reply #967 on: September 13, 2016, 06:19:46 AM »
>"I can't guarantee that much, but my magic is far less physically destructive."

« Reply #968 on: September 13, 2016, 06:46:10 AM »
>"I can't guarantee that much, but my magic is far less physically destructive."

>"Neat trick." The yellow clad biker grins a lazy yet challenging grin at you and idly toys with the Red pendant around her neck. "I might wanna see that myself one of these days."

« Reply #969 on: September 13, 2016, 07:00:26 AM »
>"You may get your chance, but I, for one, have had quite enough fighting for today. If there's nothing else you need from us for now...?"
>Assuming things seem peachy enough here, let's bid our farewells, take our leave of the graveyard, and find somewhat safely isolated to change back. Man, have we ever earned some downtime.

« Reply #970 on: September 15, 2016, 09:15:52 AM »
>"You may get your chance, but I, for one, have had quite enough fighting for today. If there's nothing else you need from us for now...?"
>Assuming things seem peachy enough here, let's bid our farewells, take our leave of the graveyard, and find somewhat safely isolated to change back. Man, have we ever earned some downtime.

>Drag Strip assures you that she didn't mean today. Seeing how wounded and drained you all are, there'd be no fun in it. "One day." she says. She then invites Reisen to take a spin with her, but the rabbit refuses. She needs some downtime herself, she claims. And she also chides Drag Strip for trying to see Reisen's skills before the race. Drag Strip takes the reproach with the cocky grin of hers and reiterates the sentiment of looking forward to the race.
>Breakdown, for her part, asks if you have a cell phone and a number that you are willing to share. In the event that you need her form of support should anything else bad cross your path. Which isn't a bad idea, and you also point out that Breakdown, or any the other transformed bikers, can call should you need something themselves, even if it's just someone to talk to. They may now have a chance at the kind of life that was impossible for them before, but you still feel a sense of responsibility towards them.

>After exchanging numbers with the gentle biker, she heads back down into the crypt to check on Wildrider and the others, while Drag Strip peels out of the graveyard for a drive. You and your comrades wearily drag yourselves back to the little stand of trees where you transformed before, finding it still devoid of humanoid life. Only a curious looking raccoon is there now. Once Rin and Kiku have assured you that it is a normal raccoon, not a youkai, the five of you revert back to your civilian forms. And the five of you, nearly to a man, slump with fatigue. You yourself feel your knees buckle and you sway sideways. Rin tries to support you, but she's no more stable than you, and the two of you manage to arrest your velocity enough to sit gently down on the snow-covered grass. Lily goes over herself, but Reisen manages to keep her upright, while Kiku crouches down for a moment before taking a knee.
>"Thanks, Reisen." Lily warbles out. "But I think I'd like to lie down." The bunnygirl assists Lily in getting down to the ground before the winged blonde flops over backwards and splays out on the ground.

« Reply #971 on: September 15, 2016, 06:23:40 PM »
>Are we feeling more exhausted now that we're back to our normal form?
>"Well... we did a good deed."

« Reply #972 on: September 16, 2016, 05:59:32 AM »
>Are we feeling more exhausted now that we're back to our normal form?
>"Well... we did a good deed."

>Partly yes. But there was also the sensation of release as well. Things have a way of not really feeling 'over' until you get your civvies back on.
>"Several." agrees Kiku. She sounds weary, but quite satisfied. "We have truly made our city a safer place today."
>"Well... I hope." Reisen adds. "I'm sorry, girls, I hate to be a wet blanket. But I still don't know if just letting those bikers walk around town is entirely safe."

« Reply #973 on: September 16, 2016, 06:07:15 AM »
>"You knew their old selves better than any of us did, so I can understand, but did Breakdown really seem like a public menace at this point?"

« Reply #974 on: September 16, 2016, 06:27:47 AM »
>"You knew their old selves better than any of us did, so I can understand, but did Breakdown really seem like a public menace at this point?"

>"Outwardly, no. But he... Well, she, was never the most stable of them. But it's still Vice that worries me the most. He was a drug dealer and a rapist. I don't like the idea of him walking the streets, even changed as she is."

« Reply #975 on: September 16, 2016, 06:56:20 AM »
>"No, I suppose not. Maybe I should have spent more time to get to know them better as they are now, but... well... we're all exhausted, I think."

« Reply #976 on: September 16, 2016, 07:19:16 AM »
>"No, I suppose not. Maybe I should have spent more time to get to know them better as they are now, but... well... we're all exhausted, I think."

>"She's right, Reisen." Rin says to her. "Even if Vice or any of them wanted to cause more trouble, none of us are in any shape to fight them. That goes for you, too. I think you took more hits from Motormaster than anyone else."
>"And as you discovered, there's at least one Brightblood on the police force." Kiku reminds her. "Vice only wears the Green. She can be dealt with by one who wears the Jade."
>"Or Grey." Lily offers. "Breakdown can handle her."
>Reisen looks around. "I can see I'm outnumbered." she mutters wryly, grinning slightly. "Well, I suppose if Vice DOES go back to his old habits, I know where to find her."
« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 07:23:48 AM by Oldmansour »

« Reply #977 on: September 16, 2016, 07:24:21 AM »
>"That we do."

« Reply #978 on: September 16, 2016, 07:35:57 AM »
>"That we do."

>"In the meantime, should I see about finding some transport for you all?" Reisen asks. "Getting all of you home on my bike would be a bit of a challenge."
>"Shouldn't you relax a bit too?" Rin asks her.
>"I'm not as drained as the rest of you. I only helped in transforming Offroad, and she was the weakest of the bunch."

« Reply #979 on: September 16, 2016, 08:00:37 AM »
>"Did you have something in mind?"

« Reply #980 on: September 16, 2016, 08:29:41 AM »
>"Did you have something in mind?"

>"There's a bike racer that lives not too far from here. We call him Old Man Winter. He's a friend of mine. If he's home, I could see about borrowing his car."

« Reply #981 on: September 16, 2016, 08:45:42 AM »
>"Well, I mean we could just call a taxi. But I suppose if you are friends, it mightn't be such an imposition...."

« Reply #982 on: September 16, 2016, 08:52:12 AM »
>"Well, I mean we could just call a taxi. But I suppose if you are friends, it mightn't be such an imposition...."

>"He owes me a favor, anyway." Then she smiles. "Besides, this'll be a much better ride than some van."

« Reply #983 on: September 16, 2016, 09:02:17 AM »
>"Well, in that case, be my guest."

« Reply #984 on: September 16, 2016, 09:11:06 AM »
>"Well, in that case, be my guest."

>She nods. "Just hang out here, girls, I won't be long." And with that, she transforms back into Magical Poppy, Glider Spectrum, and takes off into the air.
>"You have chosen a very resilient new ally, Byakuren." Kiku remarks approvingly. "The damage Motormaster inflicted on that rabbit was signifigant."
>"She's tougher than she looks." Rin says. "She's had to be."

« Reply #985 on: September 16, 2016, 09:18:13 AM »
>"Never again in her own home, so long as I have a say in it."

« Reply #986 on: September 16, 2016, 09:49:24 AM »
>"Never again in her own home, so long as I have a say in it."

>"I hope so." Kiku says cautiously. "But, and forgive me for saying so, you are now in possession of one of the rarest slaves in the world. It's only a matter of time before word travels of that fact, and you start to draw attention for it. And if she has been owned by Jewelled Blood in the past, they may well want her back."

« Reply #987 on: September 16, 2016, 09:53:58 AM »
>"If that day comes, we can handle them. I will not let her liberty be threatened again."

« Reply #988 on: September 16, 2016, 10:13:03 AM »
>"If that day comes, we can handle them. I will not let her liberty be threatened again."

>"I fear that the threatening may be inevitable. But, at least this time, you won't have to fight for someone you care about alone, as you did with the Oni Konngara."
>"Damn right." Rin answers instantly.

« Reply #989 on: September 16, 2016, 10:48:42 AM »
>Give Rin's hand a squeeze
>"Thank you."
>"Thank you everyone, truly. None of this would have been possible with you."