Author Topic: Sword Girls Anonymafia - Someone Wins  (Read 55332 times)

W

• Heat Joker
Re: Sword Girls Anonymafia - Day 1 Start
« Reply #60 on: March 17, 2012, 05:15:48 AM »
The accusations of me claiming third party are silly. Obviously, it was the confirmation phase and nobody had Talked to me to convert me from NPC to Town yet. But... yeah, my allegiences are currently with Lord Hector and the town. I just wanted to see if I could make a little profit off to the side, you know? If Sayaka was town, I'd be receiving extra pay for my townie services. It's too bad she most infuriatingly has no ability to recognize a good offer. Oh well! I bet I can go negotiate with Lord Hector about my pay after posting this if I stand adjacent to him for long enough.

Within this post miss Farena states that she suspects miss Hinanawi of attempting to mislynch miss Alburn, yet does not press this point. If I may ask another question; Why? As for why I joined the wagon on miss Martinozzi, as stated before, that  was due entirely to my own carelessness and inability to realize that there had been three votes preceding mine.
Since I can't attack two enemies with my vote in one allied phase, I tossed the two voting possibilities back and forth and decided you were more likely to be an enemy for an early wagon jump which I thought showed a lack of independent thinking, and also for having 0 luck. I didn't agree with Tenshi's vote, but hey, it'd be totally reasonable for a townie to make if they were just really irritated with Maka or something. Tenshi's response would've affected my read on her a lot, so I didn't put her in front of you when picking my target, and as it turns out, she cleaned up just fine. So... I still disagree with her Maka vote, but now I can understand it.

I have been interrupted whilst making my post by this post and I wish to ask a question in regards to it. Miss Farena, you ask why "parroting" is behaviour that ill-befits town, yet you have placed your vote upon me for the same reason. Is this not contradictory?
Your jump on Eclair made me think you were agreeing with a new wagon without putting thought into why Eclair was worth voting, which isn't parroting so much as letting others think for you like a creepy morph hivemind. I don't think Sayaka having the same opinions as others is indicative of her being red-colored like Maka implied, since it was clear what made her think what she thought, even if others thought it first.

So, Eclair, you said that you had a personal policy of "Anyone who claims equal parts anti-Town and Scum is Scum to me", right? I can buy that! But I have a bit more trouble buying that your vote on Irene was ever valid if you're just going to otherwise ignore her completely now that you're off doing business on a different wagon. Hey, were you just voting her while you waited for a good target to pop up? You don't ordinarily brush off people who are Scum to you like that if you're bent on fighting them and reaping the benefits! How little are you getting paid if you don't even have the strength to connect your opinions? Your jump has even less monetary value than Meiya's!!

##Unvote
##Vote Eclair Martinozzi

Also, Meiya's priorities don't irk me as much as they seem to irk everybody else, because... well, she sounded like she's the guarded, paranoid sort who probably believes that I'm a third party while Tenshi is a red who she needs to lynch, and she doesn't seem to be experienced enough of a swordswoman to be wary of unaligned players wasting potential EXP. I don't appreciate being patronized as an incompetent sellsword who can be bought cheap, though! I'm more than worth my fee of 20,000 gold!

(also, Tenshi, I'm enjoying the rp for whatever that's worth. on a related note, I'm not familiar with BlackRose's source, but she makes me sad because her confirm made me think she was going to be entertaining and also what the hell man who drops rp after only one post)

DiEnd

• DiEnd
« Reply #61 on: March 17, 2012, 05:57:17 AM »
I guess I need to specifically highlight the parts of my posts where I describe why I thought Albarn was acting scummy? All right, then. Hopefully all the innocents in this thread can weather the storm of this wall of text.

I know this is all fun and exciting, but pushing people to post because there's four or five hours of silence in ED1? Don't give me your "get in here" nonsense, we celestials lead busy lives. I have family to attend to and rituals to perform and parties to attend! The path to enlightenment isn't so easy that I can spend every waking moment gracing you with my presence. Maybe someday, if you work hard enough for it, you'll follow the path of enlightenment to Heaven, but empty town-posturing about deadlines and activity and 'scum love silence we must galvanize into action' aren't going to start you on that road, especially during ED1. Post #32 is way too early for walls, too.

This was specifically in reference to #33 and generically in reference to Albarn's prevaling attitude at the time (#32 and #34 also had commentary on the alleged lack of activity). Posts like #33 are the exact opposite of effort, by the way, since you kept using that word in regards to your perceptions of my voting reasons.

The large post had some opinions in it, I get that, but they're ED1 opinions, and scum can form ED1 opinions too, so guess how much weight I put in them overall. (Also go read Busy's #37.) More important to me was the pointless chaff. Complaining about activity twice in the span of four hours of presence (and then worrying over a "coherent lynch at the end of the day" when there's still about 60 hours to go) is cluttering up the thread. Period. So is prodding "lurkers" less than 24 hours into the game. One faction is hindered by a cluttered-up thread, one faction benefits from a cluttered-up thread. Guess which faction is which?

I didn't see anything more worthy of my vote at the time, so there it went. Stayed. Whatever.

Bold for emphasis is new, as much as I don't think it should be necessary. Also noteworthy is that "coherent lynch at the end of the day" is pulled straight from one of Albarn's posts (#33, in fact!), which is why it was in quotes, so if anyone still wasn't quite sure what I was trying to reference they could have at least found the Albarn post that contained it to help themselves on their way.

There is also this piece that came right after the end of the last quote.

Hopefully this clears up for the rest of you why the vote was laid down, since people seem to think I voted because Albarn talked about anything or something? I don't really get the nature of most of the rest of the accusations against me, since I thought I made it pretty clear in my voting post which part of Albarn's combo I was focusing on.

This was written partly due to the question(s) you posed and partly due to similar questions from other people, which I will also post here so the comparison is easy to see.

Miss Hinanawi, if I am understanding correctly, your current vote is placed on somebody that you believe to be putting their best efforts into this game solely for that reason? Do you have any other reasoning for voting for miss Alburn?

If you're upset that I didn't include things like "You are not understanding correctly, because that was not the reason for my vote" or "Yes, I have a different reason for voting Albarn", then I don't know what to tell you. I figured me (re)providing my reason for voting for Albarn would have answered your questions enough since it was not the reason you posited.

Why's Albarn peachy now? Because the chaff stopped and I haven't seen Albarn say anything new that I strongly disagree with from an in-game standpoint.

This post is already wider than the gap between Heaven and Gensokyo's surface dwellers, so I'll try to be concise with what I feel are the remaining important points.

* If by "a sizeable portion" you mean "it was the last of four things I listed, the first three of which were, in order, discussing Farina at length and then voting for someone that wasn't Farina with far less explanation, suspecting Farina over what was pretty obviously RP to the point of thinking it was a third party softclaim, and finding Farina suspicious for not pursuing a point against me when you didn't pursue a point against Irene", then yes, "a sizeable portion" of my vote was on you for being inattentive.
* With that said, I will concede the difference in Farina's comments about me and your comments about Irene. I had parsed "questionable" as you finding something suspect with Irene's methods and then simply not following up on it.
* With that said, I'm not happy that I had to requote a large part of my case here, especially given the existing "inattentiveness" accusation. I still don't understand where the multiple misconceptions of my voting reasons came from, and seeing them come from you a second time after I had tried to clear things up really makes me wonder how much of my post you're reading. Nor can I see where you gathered that the inattentiveness was "a sizeable portion" of my original case, as much as your continued behavior has spiked it up.

DiEnd

• DiEnd
« Reply #62 on: March 17, 2012, 05:58:42 AM »
All of the above was in response to Meiya's most recent post, by the way.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #63 on: March 17, 2012, 06:01:59 AM »
Votecount

Eclair Martinozzi: (4) Kaori Kanzaki, Esuna Busy, BlackRose, Farina
Meiya Mitsurugi: (4) Quicksword Irene, Sayaka Miki, Eclair Martinozzi, Tenshi Hinanawi
BlackRose: (2) Maka Albarn,  Yuno Gasai
Tenshi Hinanawi: (1) Meiya Mitsurugi
Sayaka Miki: (1) Uesugi Kenshin

Not voting: Shana

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.
~48.5 hours remaining.
Countdown timer

Kaori Kanzaki received a prod.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 02:07:46 AM by Conqueror »

Punch Hopper

• Punch Hopper
« Reply #64 on: March 17, 2012, 06:40:54 AM »
[6:10:12] Yukkii ran in horror from the computer. D: Don't hide Yukkii! We can tackle these walls of text together!

Kick Hopper

• Kick Hopper
« Reply #65 on: March 17, 2012, 07:06:09 AM »
Miss Hinanawi, I will apologize in regards to the first point. When I had come across those words, I had thought them to be directed towards another. Allow me some time to review and rethink my thoughts.

Faiz

• Faiz
« Reply #66 on: March 17, 2012, 09:42:27 AM »
@Maka Albarn: But I was the first one to vote Yuno in RVS, and the resulting unvote/vote was really due to flavour.  If you really can't understand my feelings, then I guess I'll have to go at it alone.  Do what you want.

Whether or not one person parrots or not is dependent on whether he happens to post first.  I could argue that Maka and Irene 'parroted' Farina in her scumread for Meiya and merely reworded the main point in a roundabout way (which is that she jumped on the Eclair wagon for a miswording without much deliberation), but that's certainly not scummy.  The difference is that Esuna pointed out a small miswording on Eclair's part (which is an RVS point and not as inherently scummy as compared to, say, a bandwagon jump) and Meiya and BlackRose went headlong into it.  Such hopping was more inherently scummier than Tenshi's misguided (in my opinion) vote on Maka and an interesting vote choice by Eclair.  However...

##Unvote
##Vote: Tenshi Hinanawi

Everything's changed now. It's almost like entering a witch's barrier, and I smell scum within this labyrinth of words.  Tenshi spends far more words in defending her now-defunct case on Maka than playing the game, to the point where she does not even comment on the movements regarding the main wagons and the wagons involved, instead going after Meiya for what she feels are wrongful accusations against her (localized scumhunting) and Shana for not posting (token comment, strange in that she even avoids talking about BlackRose who said more or less nothing to).  I'm not feeling too well about her exclusions and her dancing around the main issues.

I also think Yuno is looking too peachy in her evaluations of others; the only real pressure she seems to be giving is on BlackRose, which is an easy target by any means.  Seems like a sideliner, befitting of her wayward morals.

Decade

• Decade
« Reply #67 on: March 17, 2012, 01:20:22 PM »
Just from role implications I would be willing to support a lynch against Yuuno and Irene,
However Yuuno stating she is a miller does not exactly compute as a scum action, considering how early in the game it was said.
On that note, Irene stated that her whole role is anti-town, considering 50% scummy and 50% anti-town, but I shall put this aside for now. Afterall its too early to judge.

@Meiya: Post 59 is hard on the eyes to read.

Running out of time, be back later.

Kabuto

• Kabuto
« Reply #68 on: March 17, 2012, 02:31:01 PM »
Kaori, I do hope you can pull off a post that's better then active lurking sometime in the near future.

...to elaborate, it's fine if she really does have to go now and didn't have time for more and makes up later, but if her later posts are lackluster then she's pretty scummy. And I just woke up so this is about all I can pull out of the game for the moment, but I'll be reading through all these text walls more thoroughly soon!

...dear goodness, on that matter. So many walls, in so little time.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #69 on: March 17, 2012, 04:35:58 PM »
Votecount

Meiya Mitsurugi: (3) Quicksword Irene, Eclair Martinozzi, Tenshi Hinanawi
BlackRose: (2) Maka Albarn,  Yuno Gasai
Tenshi Hinanawi: (2) Meiya Mitsurugi, Sayaka Miki

Not voting: Shana

~38 hours remaining.
Countdown timer

Skull

• Skull
« Reply #70 on: March 17, 2012, 04:53:07 PM »
My claim is 50% scummy 50% anti-townie.
ಠ_ಠ ##Vote: Irene

Jeez also these walls of text, let me try to get a tl;dr version so i dont misunderstand something.
@Tonshi why are you voting Meiya?
@Meiya why are you voting Tenshi?

##unvote
##Vote: Black Rose

I dont like how shes voting someone because eclair is voting someone else. If anything this easily allows black rose to hop onto anyones wagon and count her vote on eclair as a joke vote.

Also ok with lynching kaori, leaving the vote on eclair and saying that shes ok with lynching yuuno and irene. Fence sitting on yuuno even though of the miller claim and said she was ok with the lynch. Basing her reads on peoples roles d1.

Kabuto

• Kabuto
« Reply #71 on: March 17, 2012, 05:54:31 PM »
1.What Irene did (As in, the role-related stuff) was likely bad play, yes. (I don't know what her role actually is so I'll leave it at that.)
2.Bad play does not always equal scummy play
Anyone who seriously proposes Irene is scummy for that reason is being scummier then Irene is. If you explain why it's actually scummy, I can almost guarantee that I'll be able rip your logic to shreds because it's wrong. (Hello, Eclair. Are you having a nice day today? The weather here is lovely.)

Further on the topic of Eclair, some things were pointed out to me by my partner, with a few parenthesis comments by myself; her explanation of her Yuno vote was good enough for an ED1 case, but letting it fall to jump on a supposed ?scum claim? (Irene) looks odd to me. (And it's even weaker when you consider that interpreting what Irene said as a scum claim is terrible, if you really think about it.) But more important is that she let this also fall to vote Meiya. I may be mistaken but it looks like a ?not me over me? thing to me; her case is just some disjointed odd points, and isn't that much stronger than her Yuno case, either.

So how do you explain yourself, Eclair?

Shana:The main thing about BlackRose's vote on Eclair is that it -is- a serious reason. That ain't no jokevote-grade material. I would like her to post more opinions or somesuch soon, however, as her current participation level in the game is admittedly very small.

W

• Heat Joker
« Reply #72 on: March 17, 2012, 08:23:29 PM »
Hey, Sayaka! I'm starting to think it's a good thing you didn't pay me to support your win condition. If Yuno looks bad for attacking BlackRose the easy target from the side, then what does that make you for attacking both BlackRose and Meiya? I wanted to see how you'd respond to Kenshin's pressure... but ignoring her entirely just makes you look spineless. I bet you just switched up your opinions to get her off your back without directly explaining your priorities, huh? Hah! I'm not fooled.

Ryuki

• Dragredder
« Reply #73 on: March 17, 2012, 08:50:12 PM »
So, Eclair, you said that you had a personal policy of "Anyone who claims equal parts anti-Town and Scum is Scum to me", right? I can buy that! But I have a bit more trouble buying that your vote on Irene was ever valid if you're just going to otherwise ignore her completely now that you're off doing business on a different wagon. Hey, were you just voting her while you waited for a good target to pop up? You don't ordinarily brush off people who are Scum to you like that if you're bent on fighting them and reaping the benefits! How little are you getting paid if you don't even have the strength to connect your opinions? Your jump has even less monetary value than Meiya's!!

I'm putting my vote where it has more use: if multiple people don't think someone claiming their role is equal parts anti-Town and Scum is valid enough reason to lynch her, I'd be an idiot to let my vote sit there uselessly. Irina hasn't posted enough to indicate one way or the other, and I for one do not intend to fruitlessly keep my vote on her or lurk out until she's posted enough. No true knight would pay attention to a possible saboteur when a more clear one is dancing in the open!

Irene's first real post is nothing but a wall of reads, at this point in the game entirely useless. But I'd be a fool to press someone's ineptness as some sign that they are scum. It is their own claim to be anti-Town and Scummy (as far as role is concerned) in equal parts that I would cry for her death, but if people find that a useless venture to vote I'm powerless.

Anyone who seriously proposes Irene is scummy for that reason is being scummier then Irene is. If you explain why it's actually scummy, I can almost guarantee that I'll be able rip your logic to shreds because it's wrong.

Do you want some chain with that saw? I have seen Galette spies brazenly claim they are Galette spies and then refuge in audacity. Why is this not the case this time? Why is Irene playing badly by claiming equal parts anti-Town and Scum, rather than Scum?

Further on the topic of Eclair, some things were pointed out to me by my partner, with a few parenthesis comments by myself; her explanation of her Yuno vote was good enough for an ED1 case, but letting it fall to jump on a supposed ?scum claim? (Irene) looks odd to me.
(And it's even weaker when you consider that interpreting what Irene said as a scum claim is terrible, if you really think about it.) But more important is that she let this also fall to vote Meiya. I may be mistaken but it looks like a ?not me over me? thing to me; her case is just some disjointed odd points, and isn't that much stronger than her Yuno case, either.[/quote]

'Not me over me' only works if you're in a serious case of getting lynched, and I don't see the current wagon on me as anything that threatens me and is liable to ride out until end of day and lynch me. If you are seriously going to say my vote on Meiya is only because 'not me over me' (which isn't even anti-Town to begin with) I need to start worrying if Riccotta hasn't been testing her experiments on you!

So how do you explain yourself, Eclair?

Meiya is scummy because she's posturing about how scummy Farina is, then goes off and votes someone she's questioning.
Miss Hinanawi, if I am understanding correctly, your current vote is placed on somebody that you believe to be putting their best efforts into this game solely for that reason? Do you have any other reasoning for voting for miss Alburn?
This isn't enough reason to vote Tenshi over Farina for me and I want her to make that abundantly clear.
This is because I believe that, depending on how miss Farena answers, she can be redeemed in contrast to miss Hinanawi who has done little but throw her vote wildly with very weak reasoning. Having said that, I would like to direct your attention to miss Hinanawi once more and point out that she has failed to answer my question in regards to her reasons for voting miss Alburn. Miss Hinanawi, a sizeable portion of your vote on me stems from myself being inattentive, does it not? Sure you would have noticed that the person you have voted for had a question for you. Why did you refuse to answer?
And I will keep my vote on Meiya, because this paragraph alone makes me want to blast her out of the war! 'Don't look at me look at Tenshi' followed by deflection. She isn't excusing her own behavior, she's trying to say Tenshi is worse than she is. The most hypocritical parts of this were her earlier bandwagon jump and then having the gall to complain Tenshi 'threw her vote wildly' and ignoring my question on why me having a bandwagon would somehow make me not vote-worthy. Her real beef with Tenshi didn't even surface until after she was voted!

Meiya was clearly not voting Galette spies when she voted me, and it feels more like a blatant votepark considering how she says she never would have voted me if she had noticed there was a wagon on me. Saying I'm voting her because 'not me over me' is ridiculous scaremongering and ignorance, we're not even close to a lynch.

Ryuki

• Dragredder
« Reply #74 on: March 17, 2012, 08:56:34 PM »
Hey Esuna, I know you're Busy but how about you say why you think I'm a Galette spy?! We've gone quite a way and I don't know what you think about anyone but me. You first voted me because I wasn't entirely clear what I meant with my Gasai vote, why are you still voting me now? Because you think I'm voting Meiya as 'not me over me' or what?

W

• Heat Joker
« Reply #75 on: March 17, 2012, 09:19:05 PM »
I'm putting my vote where it has more use: if multiple people don't think someone claiming their role is equal parts anti-Town and Scum is valid enough reason to lynch her, I'd be an idiot to let my vote sit there uselessly. Irina hasn't posted enough to indicate one way or the other, and I for one do not intend to fruitlessly keep my vote on her or lurk out until she's posted enough. No true knight would pay attention to a possible saboteur when a more clear one is dancing in the open!

Irene's first real post is nothing but a wall of reads, at this point in the game entirely useless. But I'd be a fool to press someone's ineptness as some sign that they are scum. It is their own claim to be anti-Town and Scummy (as far as role is concerned) in equal parts that I would cry for her death, but if people find that a useless venture to vote I'm powerless.
So... how does this excuse just leaving Irene alone? It's not pro-town to just ignore the player you think is an enemy. Well, I guess you have low movement on account of being a Knight, but if you think she's scummy, you still should be trying to get out there and show her a good fight! If her post was lackluster, why aren't you pressing her for more in her lackluster areas? That's like letting a chance to get a raise slip through your fingers. Enemies are less likely to mess up if nobody's attacking them.

Your Irene and JYuno votes have been more policy voteparks than anything else, and I know your type! You're acting concerned with policy out of hopes you can blend in with other policy voters, but not pursuing beyond this because you're short-sighted. Why else would you want to contribute to an expected miller wagon, huh?

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #76 on: March 17, 2012, 11:02:37 PM »
Counting Votes Like a Boss

Meiya Mitsurugi: (3) Quicksword Irene, Eclair Martinozzi, Tenshi Hinanawi
BlackRose: (3) Maka Albarn,  Yuno Gasai, Shana
Tenshi Hinanawi: (2) Meiya Mitsurugi, Sayaka Miki

~31.5 hours remaining.
Countdown timer

BlackRose received a prod.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 02:07:56 AM by Conqueror »

W

• Heat Joker
« Reply #77 on: March 17, 2012, 11:06:37 PM »
Can we get a prod on BlackRose?

Sasword

• Sasword
« Reply #78 on: March 18, 2012, 12:20:02 AM »
Hellooo again everyone! ^-^
##Unvote

BlackRose isn't going anywhere and there are more constructive places for me to put my vote.
I'm going to need to take away some toys if people won't play with us. ;_;
Shana and Kaori are hardly worth a mention. The latter being head-boggling flaky in any conviction. It looks more like bad play, but I will look her over with greater scrutiny in the future.

Uesugi, I glazed over as uninteresting yesterday, but a new look at her only post shows me that her stances are rather weak and even possibly has some scum motivation behind them. Her tidbit on Meiya and BlackRose is fencesitting-y and she does no follow up on them at all. It's basically saying they are bad and giving her room to switch onto them in the future, which I don't like due to the wishywashyness. Even her vote onto Sayaka is weak as it is only saying that she seems "odd" and that her vote is weak or bad. It's not true hunting, it's condemning for weird wording and wondering why she chose the person she did. The whole post is weak and doesn't show active hunting for scum, but rather a place to put her vote for a single reason. Your actions and vote seem scummy to me and I would like it if you got in here again.

I would like to see you hunt and give definitive statements instead of the wishy washy "on the other hand" blurbs on people.

Yuno's vote on BlackRose is weak and she doesn't give any opinions on people that are actively posting and it reads as a votepark for now on an easy target. I want to know who is scum by virtue of their scumminess. Again, it looks like condemnation for one line when there are many other people in the game that are just ignored. Yuno, who else is scum for doing scummy things and why? My stance on you right now is teetering towards negative since I hardly know what you think of other people.

Eclair, oh boy this is kinda weird. I can say I understand her thought processes, which I really like. But the scope is very limited to Irene and Meiya, who she's voted and voting. I would hazard to say that it's a case of minor tunnel vision as she mostly only talks about those who she's voting. I am pleased seeing scumhunting in her posts, its just that it's only about one person at a time and I would like for her to talk about others, if only for a general opinion of them.

Tenshi and Meiya got really wordy really fast. The latter needing to break up paragraphs more. @_@
As far as I can tell, it just looks like some headbutting which I'm not very interested in. What I would like are words on other people instead of this intense 1v1.

Finally Sayaka, who is uninteresting, if not a bit quiet in her hunting. I guess my main concern is wanting to see more words since her cases are a little short, if not brief. I see thought processes, which is nice, but I want a little more presence and conviction from her I guess. I get the fly on the wall, in the background feel.

Out of all of these, I see scum intent more in Uesugi right now and am confident in putting my vote on her. I would gladly like to see her lynched today.
##Vote Uesugi

Kiva-la

• Kiva-la
« Reply #79 on: March 18, 2012, 12:35:28 AM »
Hrm.  The Meiya VS Tenshi stuff smacks of town beating up on town.  We do not benefit from singleminded duels - only as a unit can we crush our enemies.

I'm not satisfied with Irene's absence and lack of response to my query.  I'm even less satisfied with Sayaka's flip-flop off Meiya's wagon as soon as she's called out on her weak vote, and then piggybacking onto Meiya's case on Tenshi for little discernable reason.  This blade named "vote" will remain pointed in her direction, as opportunistic actions are rarely those of town.

It would be fantastic if Kaori and BlackRose would show up, and Shana/Yuno to exist more (she said, again confirming that the kettle is black).  I dislike the case on Eclair, but I think both her and Farina are looking good (despite the latter voting the former).

Cut by a scythe-mistress.  Maka, my original vote on Sayaka was for my stated reasons at the time - namely, a convenient jump onto a wagon building steam with no reasoning behind it.  If you look at the Sayaka quote I posted, she only mentioned Meiya offhandedly and had more to say about Tenshi and Eclair, but wound up voting Meiya instead.  As you can see, I plan on standing by my findings.

That said, thank you for at least acknowledging my existence.  It appears that you and Farina are the only ones to do so. :|  If you have any specific questions for me, please let me know and I will address them.

Faiz

• Faiz
« Reply #80 on: March 18, 2012, 12:41:27 AM »
@Farina: It is indeed fine to go attack the likes of Shana and BlackRose, but her post seems to pat Tenshi on the back for having a silly case rather than for doing something scummy.  I guess it comes down to her not playing an active part in the pressure against others and being content with going after the easy ones which casts ill dread upon me, despite the abundance of content to pick out (unlike my case before).  Also, with Meiya's original two-pronged attacks against you and Tenshi (the latter of which I agree with), Tenshi's OMGUS-like (in my opinion) Meiya vote, and Eclair's pressure on Meiya, the battlefield has really changed.  Harping on what my priorities were before these events beyond my explanation above amounts to nothing but a foolish attachment to the past, which has done me in many times.  But I'm stronger now.

For Eclair, are you implying that Farina and Meiya are somehow scumbuddies?  I understand the 'posturing' point but I can't seem to put it in the context of why it is scummy unless the above condition is fulfilled.  And Tenshi, are you seriously saying that you now find Meiya scummy here solely because you did not understand how she could have misconceptions about your posts?

Uesugi, what about my Tenshi vote is 'indiscernable' to you?  Meiya had put forward cases which exceeded the scope of my accusations back then, which I had agreed with no less, rendering my earlier vote for her invalid.

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #81 on: March 18, 2012, 01:02:18 AM »
Quicksword Irene has been prodded

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

Kiva-la

• Kiva-la
« Reply #82 on: March 18, 2012, 01:23:11 AM »
Uesugi, what about my Tenshi vote is 'indiscernable' to you?  Meiya had put forward cases which exceeded the scope of my accusations back then, which I had agreed with no less, rendering my earlier vote for her invalid.

The "scope of your accusations" didn't exist with your Meiya vote, that was my issue - one you still have not addressed.  Your response to Farina earlier in that same post is outright handwaving the issue.  I will rephrase and ask again - why did you initially vote Meiya when her wagon was building steam, despite only mentioning her in passing alongside opinions on Tenshi/Eclair?

As for the discernability of your Tenshi vote, I will happily elaborate.

Tenshi spends far more words in defending her now-defunct case on Maka than playing the game, to the point where she does not even comment on the movements regarding the main wagons and the wagons involved, instead going after Meiya for what she feels are wrongful accusations against her

Problem - how is Tenshi "not commenting" on the "main wagons" when Meiya is/was one of, if not the, main wagon at the time?  She had a vote on Meiya at the time of your post.

and Shana for not posting (token comment, strange in that she even avoids talking about BlackRose who said more or less nothing to).

BlackRose had posted her thoughts (brief though they were) only a few hours before Tenshi's mention of Shana.  At this time, Shana had only posted a one-liner that didn't even have any opinions attached.  A cursory glance at the timestamps reveals this information.

In short, a quick look at the reasons behind your vote reveal that there is nothing to it whatsoever.  This is what I meant by "little discernable reason"; your flimsy logic is like air upon even a token examination.

Skull

• Skull
« Reply #83 on: March 18, 2012, 01:31:46 AM »
Sayaka it isnt cool to tell other people to go after 3 other targets when shes already on eclair. Why should farina go after me black rose and yuno and not yourself? Your @Farina seems to be nothing but what has gone on in mafia.
instead going after Meiya for what she feels are wrongful accusations against her (localized scumhunting) and Shana for not posting (token comment, strange in that she even avoids talking about BlackRose who said more or less nothing to)
Also what changed between your two posts that made it ok for farina to go after me and black rose? You seem to want to lead other people into your targets rather then yourself.
##Unvote
##Vote: Sayaka

Black rose and kaori are still on my scum list but sayaka just upped herself on her recent post.

Faiz

• Faiz
« Reply #84 on: March 18, 2012, 01:42:50 AM »
@Kenshin: Not quite getting you; you accused me of parroting others for my vote on Meiya, and I plainly did say at that time that I voted her for jumping on the Eclair bandwagon.  She has since went more admirably for Farina and Tenshi; how does this not exceed the scope of my previous accusations?

Problem - how is Tenshi "not commenting" on the "main wagons" when Meiya is/was one of, if not the, main wagon at the time?  She had a vote on Meiya at the time of your post.

I said movements regarding the main wagons; the majority of votes on Meiya at the time was due to the fact that she went onto Eclair.  Tenshi's vote on Meiya seems to be independent of these accusations, at the moment of her latest post is seemingly more focused on the fact that Meiya had misconceptions regarding her case on Tenshi, which are far weaker.  I need elaboration from her to confirm.  You seem to be avoiding the main point of my case.

For BlackRose, I would not think that voting people voting for claimed millers counts as an opinion.  You should not be answering points directed to others, in any case.

@Shana: I was responding to Farina's post on me.  I certainly think that her accusations against me are fair, and I don't claim to want to influence people not to look at me or anything like that.

Skull

• Skull
« Reply #85 on: March 18, 2012, 02:05:02 AM »
Everything's changed now. It's almost like entering a witch's barrier, and I smell scum within this labyrinth of words.  Tenshi spends far more words in defending her now-defunct case on Maka than playing the game, to the point where she does not even comment on the movements regarding the main wagons and the wagons involved, instead going after Meiya for what she feels are wrongful accusations against her (localized scumhunting) and Shana for not posting (token comment, strange in that she even avoids talking about BlackRose who said more or less nothing to).  I'm not feeling too well about her exclusions and her dancing around the main issues.

I also think Yuno is looking too peachy in her evaluations of others; the only real pressure she seems to be giving is on BlackRose, which is an easy target by any means.  Seems like a sideliner, befitting of her wayward morals.
@Farina: It is indeed fine to go attack the likes of Shana and BlackRose, but her post seems to pat Tenshi on the back for having a silly case rather than for doing something scummy.  I guess it comes down to her not playing an active part in the pressure against others and being content with going after the easy ones which casts ill dread upon me, despite the abundance of content to pick out (unlike my case before).  Also, with Meiya's original two-pronged attacks against you and Tenshi (the latter of which I agree with), Tenshi's OMGUS-like (in my opinion) Meiya vote, and Eclair's pressure on Meiya, the battlefield has really changed.  Harping on what my priorities were before these events beyond my explanation above amounts to nothing but a foolish attachment to the past, which has done me in many times.  But I'm stronger now.

Makes no sense then, you seem to have flip flopped both me black rose and yuno. You vote tenshi for not actually going after me and black rose but instead mentioning us. You do the exact same thing in your post. explain how mine black roses and yunos status changed between your two post? If anything id like you to give reads on everyone since your reads seem to change quickly.

Faiz

• Faiz
« Reply #86 on: March 18, 2012, 02:56:30 AM »
I'm not able to parse your above post.  How I have I flipped-flopped on Yuno?  Also, I never voted tenshi for not going after you and black rose; where in the quotes did I ever suggest that?

DiEnd

• DiEnd
« Reply #87 on: March 18, 2012, 03:07:10 AM »
Gonna try to keep this shorter than the last thing, since I've already exceeded my Day 1 Wall quota. (Post-writeup edit: Not gonna succeed, it seems. I'll at least label each half of the post so people can choose how to prioritize reading it.)

Responses to things directed at me

Shana: Read the bullet points at the bottom of #61 for my Mitsurugi case. They summarize the original reasoning from #58 and show how the case evolved after Mitsurugi's response in #59.

Miki: I had nothing worth saying about Blackrose at the time, so I didn't say anything. I don't like talking for the sake of talking. I mentioned Shana because I was specifically annoyed at her saying one thing when that one thing was a question with a pretty easy answer (at a point where there was slightly more to work with than the point at which BlackRose's last post was made, to boot). Also it made for a neat little segue into my Martinozzi question.

In regards to the "mutliple misconceptions" thing, that was said in regard to multiple people missing the reasons for my vote. Mitsurugi continuing to posit incorrect reasons for my vote after I explained it again is, as far as I'm concerned, either inattentiveness or intentional misrepresentation, both of which are scummy. This also isn't the "sole" reason I find her scummy and you'd do well to read the first bullet point in #61 again since I only concede one of those things in the second bullet point. Especially since one of the things I didn't concede, the first thing I listed regarding the incongruity with her post focus and her vote, was something other people brought up about her, most notably Albarn in #55 and Martinozzi in #56. So there you go, not all my ideas on the case were original. Which is something I never thought I'd say in my defense in a Mafia game.

This is all ignoring the fact that I spent time discussing my Albarn vote because someone was voting for me based on a pretty blatantly incorrect interpretation of my reasons for that vote. Taking marks off me for that is just plain rude. What was I supposed to do, sit there and let Mitsurugi make stuff up about my intentions?

Ultimately I don't begrudge you irritation with my previous wordiness, but that's about it.

Opinions on other immediate or semi-immediate issues

I have no interest in the Martinozzi wagon as I have no immediate problem with her votes or other opinions. I am disappointed in Farina for the follow-up response (how is Martinozzi supposed to further pressure someone that flat-out isn't here?), especially given Farina knows all too well the limits of only having one vote. I am only disappointed and not anything worse because I, like (I imagine) many others, am otherwise happy with her game so far.

I have no interest in a BlackRose wagon because any case on her would be a case on an ED1 vote and surely there are more important things to be focusing on now. Voting BlackRose is probably the laziest action possible at this point in the game.

I could probably get behind a Miki wagon but that opinion may be colored by personal irritance. I would like to see her response to this post before I cast proper judgment here.

I have no immediate problem with Albarn but I don't buy her case on Kenshin. In general terms, "Meiya and BlackRose are bad" is not fencesitting. "Meiya and BlackRose did this bad thing and that bad thing but maybe they were just newbie mistakes but I'm going to keep an eye on them for the time being anyway" would be fencesitting. (Or just look at Kanzaki's most recent/only meaningful post for another example.) Making up a convenient opinion on the two of them is a lot easier after saying the second thing than it is after saying the first. I think Kenshin has adequately defended herself from the rest of the case.

Since that's all a bunch of "not interested/want to see more", one non-Mitsurugi wagon I could get behind, should one pick up, is one on Kanzaki. Low volume is ignorable when the content is good, but that's very much not the case here. The fencesitting's been mentioned, and you couldn't even be bothered to switch your joke vote onto one of the two people whose lynches you said you'd be willing to support (however fencesitty the rest of your post may have been)?

Den-O

• Plat Form
« Reply #88 on: March 18, 2012, 03:10:02 AM »
Sorry guys I'm in a bit of a funk. 

I'm weak to walls... and holy-shit that's a lot of them O_O. 

Well I'll get too it then!

Faiz

• Faiz
« Reply #89 on: March 18, 2012, 03:29:58 AM »
@Tenshi:

Alright on the BlackRose thing.  The only opinions you seemed to have on who were scum as of #58 was a vote on Meiya and what I saw as an ineffectual prod on Eclair and Shana, which worried me.

I am certainly fine with you pointing out the flaws in Meiya's case against you (though I don't think they were blatantly incorrect), but labelling her as scum for a flawed case alone through your defence is insufficient, since town is capable of making mistakes too.  What in Meiya's 'multiple misconceptions' makes her look scum to you, really?  That's why I thought your vote looked like an OMGUS

Also, if you are feeling a kindred spirit in Eclair regarding Meiya's incongruity of voting priorities, are you suggesting that Farina and Meiya are somehow scum together?  Sure, it's there, but how does it point towards scum intent, exactly?