Author Topic: Fate/Grand Order - Round 3  (Read 208737 times)

Suwako Moriya

• Hey you with the pretty face
  • Welcome to the human race!
Re: Fate/Grand Order - Round 3
« Reply #420 on: July 23, 2019, 03:05:07 PM »
Does the giant boar hoard only throw one giant boar at you at a time? Or do you deal with multiple giant boars at once? I'm trying to decide how I want to approach it (Mash and Support Merlin were guaranteed, only real decision to be made is single-target-NP Jalter or Okita vs. multi-target-NP Tesla).
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.

« Reply #421 on: July 23, 2019, 03:35:55 PM »
You deal first with one wave of three tiny boars, and then from that point you fight three giant boars at once and the new ones hop in to the same wave, I think it was seven or so in total. Each one has more HP than the previous one and the final one has 1M HP

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
« Reply #422 on: July 25, 2019, 04:14:27 AM »
NP3 Squirtoria on a random fuckoff ticket, forty keks
Is this because we're both gluttons? :V

EDIT: After 2 more 10-rolls, I got Arjuna and then FINALLY Tekken Saint.

EDIT2: Decided to do a 10-roll on the part 1 banner for shits and giggles, and Summer Mordred and Anne & Mary came along for the ride. Today has been a fruitful day.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2019, 04:41:00 AM by Leon゠Helsing »

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #423 on: July 25, 2019, 03:33:36 PM »
Okay, so the QP crunch has gotten extremely real, Tamamo's hunger is endless. How do people usually handle this?
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
« Reply #424 on: July 25, 2019, 04:45:33 PM »
QP Hell never truly ends unfortunately, you just have to grab your Mona Lisa if you have it, borrow a friend's MLB Mona Lisa, and grind doors 'til the cows come home

That being said, people usually try to take advantage of half AP doors and lottery events with big QP payouts when they can, so it's more of a matter of foresight

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #425 on: July 25, 2019, 06:46:22 PM »
What's Mona Lisa? Is that a CE? Where do I get that?

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #426 on: July 25, 2019, 10:15:16 PM »
It's a CE where the only way to get it is to unlock being able to buy it using a Rare Prism, and then actually buy it using Mana Prisms.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• Girl from beyond the 7th Dimension
« Reply #427 on: July 25, 2019, 10:44:13 PM »
If you see a CE of Da Vinci on a blue background, that's the Mona Lisa CE. With the exception of right now, it's almost always on Riders; the 1 AP materials quests during the current event is good for QP, so some may be on Archers right now.
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,
So that we may always be at your side.

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
« Reply #428 on: July 26, 2019, 01:12:02 AM »
Heads up, Chaldea Team Racing is coming to NA in the 29th

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #429 on: July 26, 2019, 04:33:13 PM »

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #430 on: July 26, 2019, 06:54:42 PM »
What is a lottery event and is the upcoming event one of them? I have a coworker who keeps saying it is and that's important but I don't know what that is.

I could be done farming both summer events easily but I've been wasting hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of stamina farming Underground Factory trying to get goddamn gold caster gems. I for six in my first dozen or so runs so I figured they dropped fairly consistently but I've done well over twenty runs since then with zero drops. I need two more to get Tamamo's arts buff to level ten but I just can't drop themmmm.

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #431 on: July 26, 2019, 08:08:42 PM »
What is a lottery event and is the upcoming event one of them? I have a coworker who keeps saying it is and that's important but I don't know what that is.

I could be done farming both summer events easily but I've been wasting hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of stamina farming Underground Factory trying to get goddamn gold caster gems. I for six in my first dozen or so runs so I figured they dropped fairly consistently but I've done well over twenty runs since then with zero drops. I need two more to get Tamamo's arts buff to level ten but I just can't drop themmmm.
It should be during NeroFest this year, probably around early-mid September.  It's the best time to collect massive gobs of Gems, XP cards, Apples, and QP as the lottery can be refilled infinitely.

https://fategrandorder.fandom.com/wiki/Nero_Festival_Redux_~2017_Autumn~

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #432 on: July 28, 2019, 05:14:17 AM »
Just a friendly reminder for all to dismantle Part 2's Development 12 and complete the other two options to get two more CL's before the event ends tomorrow.

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
« Reply #433 on: July 29, 2019, 07:31:38 AM »
225 SQs in and all I have to my name are SS Nito and NP2 SS Fran (plus some event CEs). I probably burned all my luck on the Summer 1 banners huh?

Ah, whatever. I still have OG Nero and Nero Bride.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2019, 07:34:18 AM by Leon゠Helsing »

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #434 on: July 29, 2019, 08:37:40 AM »
Only burned 60 SQ (so far :D ).  Got a number of event CE's, NP3'd Helena, and a shiny new Saberlot.

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #435 on: July 29, 2019, 09:55:03 AM »
Got spooked by Vlad, but picked up both Kancolle and Buster shirt. No Fran, though; and I've already exhausted my allotted Part 1 Quartz. If I get her, it'll have to be off a ticket or next year.

I want card games on motorcycles, damn the fact that she's kind of terrible (though at least not Arjuna terrible); but I just hope for any one of the Part 2 girls.

(Also, I love how Archer of Shinjuku's entry in that book Fran has reads like a goddamn SCP entry)
« Last Edit: July 29, 2019, 10:06:29 AM by Ionasal kkll Solciel »
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #436 on: July 29, 2019, 10:23:06 AM »
Second battle supporting Team Helena and I land the Event CE as a drop.  Why couldn't my luck happen while rolling the gacha??

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #437 on: July 29, 2019, 10:49:43 AM »
Did four 10-pulls and a ticket and I have a handful of Event CEs and no Event Servants to show for it. Splendid.

The worst part is that I did finally get Medusa Lily, who I've actively wanted for a long time now to round out my Yuu Asakawa group, but now all I'll think about when looking at her is how she wasn't Nero, Nito, or Fran.

At least I got a Little Summer?

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #438 on: July 29, 2019, 02:15:36 PM »
Maaaan the writing for this event is fun! It's made me smile so many times and I haven't even read all of the character intros yet. And a free Ishtar too! What a fun good video game.

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #439 on: July 29, 2019, 02:41:42 PM »
Okay so after getting a Saber out of the GSSR and then getting Medusa Lily out of nowhere I'm suddenly at a loss for how to handle the guaranteed 4*. Do we know if it's coming before or after Shimosa? Because if it's coming after Shimosa that makes everything fall into place really neatly for me - I don't have to throw any SQ at the Shimosa banner if I can grab Tomoe right after it, which will allow me to save for NeroFest Revival and Salem (or just horde everything until Christmas 2020 and pray for Bradamante).
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #440 on: July 29, 2019, 03:56:22 PM »
Okay so after getting a Saber out of the GSSR and then getting Medusa Lily out of nowhere I'm suddenly at a loss for how to handle the guaranteed 4*. Do we know if it's coming before or after Shimosa? Because if it's coming after Shimosa that makes everything fall into place really neatly for me - I don't have to throw any SQ at the Shimosa banner if I can grab Tomoe right after it, which will allow me to save for NeroFest Revival and Salem (or just horde everything until Christmas 2020 and pray for Bradamante).
The free 4* will be before, around end of September or the start of October, and Shimosa should be out just afterward in mid-October.  So Gamer Inferno will not be an option.

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #441 on: July 29, 2019, 05:00:12 PM »
orz

Well, shit, I have some thinking to do, then.

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
« Reply #442 on: July 30, 2019, 04:08:49 AM »
Me: *plan to save up to 600 bucks for next year's rerun for another shot at SS Nero*
Game: whoa, hey, don't actually do that. here's your SS Nero

Kiro

• Drinks: Everything
  • Sleeps: Anywhere
« Reply #443 on: July 30, 2019, 04:18:06 AM »
I managed to make my previous quartz purchase last for 1 whole year. But alas, I knew I would finish it all up by the Summer 1 rerun and bought the next $80 purchase for Summer 2. And promptly spent 150 of that new SQ. At least I got NP2 Summer Fran and 1 Summer Little CE which is exactly what I wanted. Leaves me with about 60 SQ to roll on Banner 2 when it arrives. Now to pledge myself from buying quartz until the New Year GSSR and Hokusai. Trying to squeak through Brynhildr, Shimosa, and Ereshkigal is gonna hurt.

Maaaan the writing for this event is fun! It's made me smile so many times and I haven't even read all of the character intros yet. And a free Ishtar too! What a fun good video game.

Indeed. But the start of the event was a pain because it took over 2 hours to read all of it before we could meaningfully spend AP. And many of us did it in the dead of the night. But the part where
Spoiler:
Moriarty made Babbage into a Transformer and hypnotized him to forget about it
was fucking amazing. And also servants randomly forcing their own class changes. The face cut-ins are really cool and I'm a bit surprised I haven't seen them before on Reddit. I'm sure we'll get to see them more as the event goes on. These nodes bloody suck though (they say the rerun adjusted the nodes to be more player friendly at least).

Me: *plan to save up to 600 bucks for next year's rerun for another shot at SS Nero*
Game: whoa, hey, don't actually do that. here's your SS Nero

Woo, grats! That might be me next year with regards to Caster Nero. But checking right now, I've got 15 friends with Caster Nero (around 20%) of my friendlist. It's like when Jalter first came out. Tis' a popular banner to roll hard on.

Edit: Make that 22 friends with Caster Nero. Forgot to check the All Tab. 30% of my friendlist. Damn...
« Last Edit: July 30, 2019, 04:31:21 AM by Kiro »

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #444 on: July 30, 2019, 04:44:28 AM »
Didn't get any Summer servants from my 10-pull, but I did manage to nab one copy each of the 4* and 5* CEs and although I was gunning for Nitocris, I finally got spooked by Jack.

I've been waiting so long for Jack.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

« Reply #445 on: July 30, 2019, 04:59:04 AM »
I really want Nobu, but the gacha is cruel (not that I failed to get her, I just have no funds to even try yet in the first place lol)

It keeps putting the two servants I want only on separate banners! Same deal with Archuria and SurfMo, now if I scrounge up some quartz I will have to choose between Nobbu or MAlter

why does it always have to turn out this wayyyyyyyy

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #446 on: July 30, 2019, 11:27:04 AM »
I'm so proud of Desert Beauty holding onto third place so far, I had pegged them as the likely last place team because I didn't think they'd be popular enough ;-;

(Never mind that they're probably only not in last place because they're the primary Mag Wheel farming spot)

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #447 on: July 30, 2019, 12:32:41 PM »
People like the chocos. That or the Medjed sheet.

Move eternally forward,

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #448 on: July 30, 2019, 03:56:02 PM »
I know Assassin Nito is good for a laugh and some arousal but honestly I had figured the love/memetic appeal was stronger with every other team. Clauturia taking #1 was piss easy to see coming, but I figured 2 through 4 would be some combination of Nobunaga, Fran, and Raikou, with Helena at 5 and Nito at 6.

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #449 on: July 30, 2019, 04:21:24 PM »
I'm so proud of Desert Beauty holding onto third place so far, I had pegged them as the likely last place team because I didn't think they'd be popular enough ;-;

(Never mind that they're probably only not in last place because they're the primary Mag Wheel farming spot)
Oh, there's an easy explanation.  They're one of three teams with a single Event Currency (Mag Wheel) as a drop.  The others are Team Nero&SAlter (Titanium Plate) and Team Helena (Junk Parts), who are 1st and 2nd places respectively. 
Expect Nero/SAlter to drop out of the top 3 and Team Fran to move up for Round 2.

edit -

Oh yeah, Round 2 has started.  Don't forget to rearrange your CE's in your Support line-up.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2019, 05:09:52 PM by Aya Reiko »