Author Topic: A Balanced Game of Mafia (Over; town wins)  (Read 65796 times)

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
Re: A Balanced Game of Mafia (DAY 1)
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2011, 03:48:13 PM »
Votecount - Early Day 1, Breakfast & Lunch Edition

Hanged Hourai (1) - Action Dan
Sect (1) - Hanged Hourai
Edible (1) - UncertainKitten
Bardiche (1) - Bardiche
Shadoweh (1) - Dormio

« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2011, 03:49:48 PM »
...?

##Vote Roukanken

« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2011, 03:50:23 PM »
Edible  (1) - UncertainKitten
I smiled.

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2011, 03:58:22 PM »
Am amused at the votecount name.

##Unvote
##Vote: UncertainKitten

Admitting what you're doing is anti-town doesn't make it pro-town. Srs bsns vote with srs bsns face.

Kiro

• Drinks: Everything
  • Sleeps: Anywhere
« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2011, 03:58:59 PM »
##Vote Sect

ActionDan

• Teaching old dogs new tricks
« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2011, 04:10:55 PM »
Well, Dan is town. I'm going to now be manifestly anti town and refuse to answer his question. Sorry guy ^-^.

To be honest, it's really hard to resist posting!  Opinions come to me fast and furious :)  Anyway I like your response UK, mostly because you called me town. I'm so flattered Scum!UK might be a little more hesitant. I expect to be NKed night 2 or 3. NK1 goes to that town lurker who makes good sense while keeping some distance (i.e. likely town PR role), but ObvTown needs to die eventually, and D1 is a good place to look for connections to ObvTown.  Scum!UK might want to buddy up for this eventuallity, but I seriously doubt scum would risk it this quickly.

Anyone else care to indulge me?

Don't lynch me.

ActionDan

« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2011, 04:16:27 PM »
...?

##Vote Roukanken
:fail:

Am amused at the votecount name.

##Unvote
##Vote: UncertainKitten

Admitting what you're doing is anti-town doesn't make it pro-town. Srs bsns vote with srs bsns face.

I think that was an obvious null tell. Making something seem scummy that isn't is anti-town or scummy.

##Unvote
##Vote Bardiche

Don't lynch me.

« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2011, 04:19:34 PM »
Action: I was just curious if Edible was counting all votes, even if the target was invalid. Forgot to ask him to do a vote count, though.

@Edible: vote count?

« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2011, 04:22:39 PM »
Sect-
Fooling around with votes on non-players. Prolonging RVS, and thus, hunting. Happier with my vote on him.

also, now my avatar tags work on both colors. \o/

Kiro

• Drinks: Everything
  • Sleeps: Anywhere
« Reply #39 on: April 20, 2011, 04:25:00 PM »
Anyone else care to indulge me?

Not really. Half the game hasn't reported in. Guessing on one player's motivation when half the other players haven't posted feels foolhardy. You definitely look overeager, I'll decide what to make of it later.

Edible

« Reply #40 on: April 20, 2011, 04:30:14 PM »
@Edible: vote count?

Quote from: Edible
Votecount - Early Day 1, Breakfast & Lunch Edition

Bardiche (1) - Action Dan
Sect (2) - Hanged Hourai, Kiro
Shadoweh (1) - Dormio
UncertainKitten (1) - Bardiche

Bardiche

« Reply #41 on: April 20, 2011, 04:31:26 PM »
A repeat.

Dan, point me to the scummiest thing to vote for instead then. Or would you rather I continue RVS shenanigans until everyone's comfortable to put their gamefaces on? You don't.

Or, hey, I could vote you if you like for engaging in WIFOM this early! Seriously bro, what up with that?

ActionDan

« Reply #42 on: April 20, 2011, 04:45:31 PM »
Bard,
I am perhaps, like Kiro suggested, a bit over eager.  Still I found that remark a little strange when UK point blank declared me town. To me that is far more interesting and thrilling! than some silly meta (sorry UK).  I am glad, however, that you skipped over the Sect scene which I feel is worthless atm. 

So.. besides you, the other people to look at atm are kiro and HH for scuminess.  HH is scumier because of tunnel vision and because of how inane her statement was. Of course it's quite hard to damn ppl at this point and in no way do I want to go to war with you bard over something as silly as WIFOM over a silly meta (sorry UK).

Don't lynch me.

ActionDan

« Reply #43 on: April 20, 2011, 05:01:36 PM »
Damn! I just noticed Edible crumbing his role, maybe we should all bandwaggon to pressure him into serving us pancakes :V

Don't lynch me.

Bardiche

« Reply #44 on: April 20, 2011, 05:08:39 PM »
Vanilla Mentor Mafier's looking fun already.

The WIFOM I talk of is that you began to discuss when you would die and how a scum!UK could benefit from actions at this point. However, this is early Day 1; speculation on scum-motivated actions are few and far between, or at least semi-accurate speculation.

Early Day 1 Cases have much akin with magic. There is nothing at first, but with sleight of hand, shazam! Make something out of nothing. The key point at this juncture is to stimulate discussion, whereupon we can root out the scum among us based on the produce of said discussion. Accusations like "tunnel vision" and "inane statements" are likely to be the best thing you can find right now.

How is Kiro on your list of people to watch? What is bad about attacking UK over how she says "I'm going to be anti-town and do x", which is in itself not necessarily pro-town just because she self-diagnoses it?

The first step is the push. Vote your heart, we'll infer whether you're right later.

ActionDan

« Reply #45 on: April 20, 2011, 06:00:26 PM »
The WIFOM I talk of is that you began to discuss when you would die and how a scum!UK could benefit from actions at this point. However, this is early Day 1; speculation on scum-motivated actions are few and far between, or at least semi-accurate speculation.

point taken; it's hard for me to think like scum!me (although I realize this is in itself a WIFOM). Still if me and UK were both scum, I'd have to assume UK to be out of her mind to declare me town.  Other than that my speculation is, IMHO, pretty much what goes on in a typical mafia game.

How is Kiro on your list of people to watch? What is bad about attacking UK over how she says "I'm going to be anti-town and do x", which is in itself not necessarily pro-town just because she self-diagnoses it?

The first step is the push. Vote your heart, we'll infer whether you're right later.

Sorry if my post was worded ambiguously.  By "watch" I meant "look at the people who have bothered to even post".  That list consists of Kiro, Sect, HH, you, UK, and me.  I have nothing to go on with Kiro, except that I feel her vote is misplaced and that she is ignoring some of the juicier stuff, so I have no feelings either way towards her. Sect seems to have no ill motives besides the ones HH created for her. Hope I put that all the right way this time.  ANYWAY, bard, its fine to attack UK, but you ignore her town declaration of me!  If you truly advocate pushing UK, push her for that. You need only ask her one question: "Why?" ( ;) ;):hint:hint: UK answer plz).  You haven't answered me convincingly bard, and frankly I'm the one doing the pushing around here.

Don't lynch me.

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #46 on: April 20, 2011, 06:02:03 PM »
Did I sleep through the RVS stage for once? WHOO! Just as well since Zak isn't here to give me my chocofix :ohdear:
Dan is so cute! Don't get your hopes up about dying till the day ends though. Sect, be more cute like Dan and actually vote for someone in the game. Hourai, attacking newbies for fooling around isn't cool. So what do you think of the conversations between Dan, Bard and UK that you're ignoring?

##Vote: Hanged Hourai

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

Bardiche

« Reply #47 on: April 20, 2011, 06:11:56 PM »
Townie: me.

Dan, I'm attacking her because she refused to answer that question. :V What use would asking it again be?

Shadoweeeeh <3

ActionDan

« Reply #48 on: April 20, 2011, 06:14:54 PM »
EBWOP:  I just realized I didn't use the word "watch" in my 2nd to last post, I think its more or less clear if you read between the lines

cut by Shadoweh,  you know, I might subconsciencously be fighting with bard for your affections (if that sounded creepy..well..ignore it!)

Don't lynch me.

Bardiche

« Reply #49 on: April 20, 2011, 06:16:15 PM »
Losing battle there, Dan. You're not implying I'd cheat on my girlfriend with a guy, right?

ActionDan

« Reply #50 on: April 20, 2011, 06:24:18 PM »
Townie: me.

Dan, I'm attacking her because she refused to answer that question. :V What use would asking it again be?

Shadoweeeeh </3

I'm refering to this kind of exchange:

UK: Dan is town
anyone else (aka bard and me): Why?

You are attacking her because she refused to explain her meta vote on the Mod and self-diagnoses it as anti-town behavior.

I think: ok UK, not a big deal
Bard thinks: ATTACK!! man your battlestations!! (*overdramatization*)

See why this strikes me oddly?

Losing battle there, Dan. You're not implying I'd cheat on my girlfriend with a guy, right?
What??? I don't even...

Don't lynch me.

Edible

« Reply #51 on: April 20, 2011, 06:26:59 PM »
*tweeeeeeet*

Friendly reminder that there's a wordcount limitation per post of 400 words.  No one's exceeded it yet, of course - just remindin'.

Additionally, I have updated the OP with the game's role PMs.  They should preemptively answer any questions anyone has about the roles.

*tweeeeeeet*

Shadoweh

« Reply #52 on: April 20, 2011, 06:29:07 PM »
Ahaha, you're allowed to be cute but today everyone starts over, it's a townie race to be the townest! That Bardiche might have a headstart in cuteness. <3  Dan, instead of imagining things from if you were scum, if your alignment says town think of how people benefit from saying you're town. I can guess the answer but it'll be good for UK to answer the townliness question herself. And no, just because Edible is counting himself doesn't mean we want people actually voting for him.

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

ActionDan

« Reply #53 on: April 20, 2011, 06:36:38 PM »
Edible making sure only he can crumb

Shadoweh, I understand, but I agree that before I give you a better opinion than my last speculation, it would be wise to wait until UK chimes in. This is purely so I don't feed her an answer, so to speak.  She's pro though, so I ain't worrying

Don't lynch me.

« Reply #54 on: April 20, 2011, 06:37:40 PM »
##Vote: Bardiche

PS: I'm lying, lynch me for that!
I was going to make a hilariously ironic post voting you and saying "Come on guys, let's lynch Bard, onto day 1" but I guess that isn't happening. Oh well.

Dan's overeagerness is pretty silly but it's not scummy. Half the cases that have popped up so far are uninteresting to me, as in not worth voting for the way I see it.

##Vote Shadoweh
You're trying too hard. What is there to really say on the 3-way Dan/Bard/UK discussion that hasn't already been said by one of them? You yourself barely had anything interesting to say about it in the post where you voted, so I strongly disagree that Hourai's actions are scummy or even deserve a vote. Forced scum case imo. Also, my gut says you finally rolled scum and I'm going to go with it for now, so deal.

Kiro, is your vote on Sect serious or not? After all, you never explained it.

« Reply #55 on: April 20, 2011, 06:38:40 PM »
Onto day 2, not day 1.

Making mafia posts first thing after waking up is sure a good idea for me. <_<

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
« Reply #56 on: April 20, 2011, 06:46:18 PM »
Wellp, first, ##Vote Huh what, full stop.

That was, like, seriously, the worst thing.

Secondly, you CAN ask me why I declared Dan town (and still think he is), but I'm not answering that either. And that's NOT me being anti town. Making cases on why people are town tends to give scum pesky ideas we don't want them having. I'd rather say why people are scum, myself.

Or maybe just watch them squirm as they tell me themselves. In fact, I think I'll let Huh What do that.

I was waiting for more reactions to my answer to Dan but I guess I can't have everything. Bard started out bad, but fixed it. Oh, Hourai and Sect also aren't great, but HW is more unequivocally scummy. There are at least three people not getting lynched today.

Bardiche

« Reply #57 on: April 20, 2011, 06:50:47 PM »
You're trying too hard. What is there to really say on the 3-way Dan/Bard/UK that hasn't already been said by one of them?

You're disgusting and should wash your mouth with soup!

Also, what's with the chainsaw defence of Hourai, bro?

Shadoweh

« Reply #58 on: April 20, 2011, 06:56:45 PM »
##Vote Shadoweh
You're trying too hard. What is there to really say on the 3-way Dan/Bard/UK discussion that hasn't already been said by one of them? You yourself barely had anything interesting to say about it in the post where you voted, so I strongly disagree that Hourai's actions are scummy or even deserve a vote. Forced scum case imo. Also, my gut says you finally rolled scum and I'm going to go with it for now, so deal.
There's always something to say about a discussion, I'm sure if you look hard enough even you can find a comment to make on it. Don't use 'Shadoweh is trying too hard' like it's an excuse to ignore it either, I want to see your opinions. Actually, on a scale of pushes through the RVS, thanks to Dan I barely have to at all so I'm not sure why you would even accuse me of that. Guts shouldn't make odds based on probability, there are people that have rolled town more times then I've played. I think PX is an example. I'm more interested in what Hourai thinks of it then you, but your opinion is noted.

Shadoweh

« Reply #59 on: April 20, 2011, 06:58:38 PM »
EBWOM: Uh, I think 'odds' is suposed to be calls. Making mafia posts first thing after waking u(ry