Author Topic: (Skyseas of Gensokyo) Nazrin Quest  (Read 54383 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: (Skyseas of Gensokyo) Nazrin Quest
« Reply #900 on: May 11, 2011, 11:25:22 PM »
>"Whatever people hire us to find, really."

« Reply #901 on: May 11, 2011, 11:33:43 PM »
>"Whatever people hire us to find, really."

>Cirno nods slowly. "So, ever find anything really neat? Like ancient treasure, or magical armor, or some great sealed evil you had to slay?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #902 on: May 11, 2011, 11:41:28 PM »
>Cirno nods slowly. "So, ever find anything really neat? Like ancient treasure, or magical armor, or some great sealed evil you had to slay?"

>"Probably not the last one, we're not usually not fighting stuff. But trouble happens sometimes."

>_

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #903 on: May 11, 2011, 11:44:18 PM »
> "Plus I just started today.  If you wanted stories like that you'd be better off asking my friend or someone who's been in the profession longer.  Hell, my friend mentioned something earlier today about getting rid of ghosts when I talked to her."

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

« Reply #904 on: May 11, 2011, 11:51:44 PM »
>"Probably not the last one, we're not usually not fighting stuff. But trouble happens sometimes."

>"Trouble?" Her eyes light up a little. "Like what?"

> "Plus I just started today.  If you wanted stories like that you'd be better off asking my friend or someone who's been in the profession longer.  Hell, my friend mentioned something earlier today about getting rid of ghosts when I talked to her."

>"Ghosts?" For one fleeting moment, she actually looks a little nervous, but brushes past it quickly enough. "Where's this friend of yours, anyway? She walking this way with you or somethin'?" Cirno looks off down the road.

« Reply #905 on: May 11, 2011, 11:53:56 PM »
> "No, she's back at that big city down the road. But trouble like having to hit oni with signboards, or trying to climb up rotting crates, that sorta thing."

« Reply #906 on: May 12, 2011, 12:18:04 AM »
> "No, she's back at that big city down the road. But trouble like having to hit oni with signboards, or trying to climb up rotting crates, that sorta thing."

>"Bah, that sounds boring." She takes another bite; only a small bit of pie remains.
>"If I were lookin' for stuff," she says thoughtfully, "I'd want to find a legendary sword. You know, like in the stories. Something only the bravest and strongest swordsmen could wield. One that could beat down a hundred fiends in one blow, or fire lightning bolts or something. Yeah, that's what I'd do."

« Reply #907 on: May 12, 2011, 12:19:48 AM »
> "You already have an ice sword there, that's plenty impressive. But yeah, the lightning fiend slaying sword sounds pretty awesome, too."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #908 on: May 12, 2011, 12:22:20 AM »
>"Personally? I want a castle, which moves on its own, so I could go visit people and invite them in. And a fat treasury to go with it."

« Reply #909 on: May 12, 2011, 12:37:22 AM »
> "And a labyrinth to hide my cheese in, so no one else can get at it."
> Wipe the drool off the corner of our mouth.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #910 on: May 12, 2011, 12:43:04 AM »
>"...Not that mice particularly like cheese. Just I do. Another slice?"

« Reply #911 on: May 12, 2011, 01:01:09 AM »
> "You already have an ice sword there, that's plenty impressive. But yeah, the lightning fiend slaying sword sounds pretty awesome, too."

>"It is awesome," she says, nodding. "Yeah, that's totally what I'm gonna do. This sword's just something I found lying around." She grins. "The ice is all me."
>A crystalline sheath of ice crusts over the last bit of pie in her hands; she tosses it up into the air and catches it in her other hand.
>"Just think about it. Ice and lightning bolts. I'll be unstoppable."

>"Personally? I want a castle, which moves on its own, so I could go visit people and invite them in. And a fat treasury to go with it."

>"That sounds kinda cool, too," she says. "Maybe I could go find one of those after I get that sword."

> "And a labyrinth to hide my cheese in, so no one else can get at it."
> Wipe the drool off the corner of our mouth.

>Cirno frowns at you. "Why would you waste an awesome labyrinth on something boring like cheese? They're supposed to have gold and gems and legendary stuff in them. I bet that sword's in a labyrinth somewhere. Yeah, that's totally where it would be."
>You sheepishly wipe away the drool forming in the corner of your mouth. But man, that would be nice.

>"...Not that mice particularly like cheese. Just I do. Another slice?"

>The ice around the last bit of pie dissolves and Cirno pops into her mouth. "Sure," she says between bites.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #912 on: May 12, 2011, 01:26:11 AM »
>Administer another slice. Not too large, though.
>Are there any faeries in the Seekers? And would Rinnosuke get mad at us if we directed one/another there?
>"I don't think you'd find one hanging around a bridge, even though it's a nice bridge."

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #913 on: May 12, 2011, 01:39:10 AM »
So, Here we are, With a sword that can easily go through our flimsy necks at any second -
And we're eating pie. Purvis, How do you do this?

There was something here once. Wonder what...

« Reply #914 on: May 12, 2011, 01:41:33 AM »
>Administer another slice. Not too large, though.
>Are there any faeries in the Seekers? And would Rinnosuke get mad at us if we directed one/another there?
>"I don't think you'd find one hanging around a bridge, even though it's a nice bridge."

>You cut off another smaller slice of pie and hand it to Cirno.
>You've certainly never heard of such a thing. It's possible some have tried - you're not sure on that front - but fairies are almost universally too flighty to stand a real chance of making it through. You doubt Rinnosuke would be mad at you for sending an interested person his way, though. As long as she didn't end up causing a scene somehow...
>"I was just looking for someone strong to fight. That's what swordsmen are supposed to do, see? The fairies back home can't put up a fight anymore, not even if they all come at me at once. It's boring now. So I came here. But you had to go and be boring, too," she mutters, then takes a bite of the pie.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #915 on: May 12, 2011, 02:20:52 AM »
>"How can a nice lemon pie be boring? And no, that's just brutes that do that. People who think they have something to prove and don't care who they hurt to do it. No one likes those people."

« Reply #916 on: May 12, 2011, 11:52:38 PM »
>"How can a nice lemon pie be boring? And no, that's just brutes that do that. People who think they have something to prove and don't care who they hurt to do it. No one likes those people."

>"Dunno what you're talking about," she says. "Swordsmen are awesome. Y'know, slaying monsters and rescuing princesses and being heroes. But they always gotta keep working to get stronger: looking for other strong people to fight, training years in the mountains to master some secret technique,  that kind of thing."
>"Someday, I'm gonna invent my own secret technique," she adds thoughtfully. "And it's gonna be awesome."

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #917 on: May 12, 2011, 11:54:53 PM »
>"Well, Ya kinda got ice. Think of all the things you could do. Maybe you could freeze an arrow midair, or stop a slash at you with your icy sword. Maybe even an ice-spear. There's really no limits for what a hero can do, right?"

« Reply #918 on: May 13, 2011, 12:01:19 AM »
>"Well, Ya kinda got ice. Think of all the things you could do. Maybe you could freeze an arrow midair, or stop a slash at you with your icy sword. Maybe even an ice-spear. There's really no limits for what a hero can do, right?"

>"That's right!" she says, nodding enthusiastically. "Just you watch. I'm gonna be one of the strongest heroes ever, some day."

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #919 on: May 13, 2011, 12:04:42 AM »
>"Hmmm... Ever think about joining the seekers? There's a whole variety of people there, people like me who do small stuff and people like my friend who's kicking ghosts around like a can. Besides, You said you're much stronger then other fae, and I can see that. So, What say you? Wanna be one of the first few faeries in the Seekers Guild?"

Welp, If I'm dropping the " U WAN JOIN PLZ?" bomb a bit too soon, interrupt me now or forever hold yee peace.

« Reply #920 on: May 13, 2011, 12:22:17 AM »
>"Hmmm... Ever think about joining the seekers? There's a whole variety of people there, people like me who do small stuff and people like my friend who's kicking ghosts around like a can. Besides, You said you're much stronger then other fae, and I can see that. So, What say you? Wanna be one of the first few faeries in the Seekers Guild?"

>"A swordsman's gotta follow their own path," she says sagely, then grins. "But if there's a bunch of strong people there, maybe I should check it out."

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #921 on: May 13, 2011, 12:24:18 AM »
>"No harm done if ya do, right? Say, If you ever do drop by, Tell em you're a friend of Nazrin's."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #922 on: May 13, 2011, 12:27:52 AM »
>"Just don't cause any trouble, okay?"
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

« Reply #923 on: May 13, 2011, 12:37:25 AM »
>"No harm done if ya do, right? Say, If you ever do drop by, Tell em you're a friend of Nazrin's."

>She nods. "Got it."

>"Just don't cause any trouble, okay?"

>She smirks. "People like me are the ones who end trouble."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #924 on: May 13, 2011, 02:25:43 AM »
>"Speaking of ending trouble, it's time for me to be on my way. Easthaven's probably not going to fix itself."

« Reply #925 on: May 13, 2011, 02:37:02 AM »
>"Speaking of ending trouble, it's time for me to be on my way. Easthaven's probably not going to fix itself."

>Cirno nods, taking another bite of pie. "Go kick its ass! But if we see each other again, you owe me a real fight, got it?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #926 on: May 13, 2011, 02:39:10 AM »
>"You've defeated two slices of pie, isn't that enough?"
>Get back on the road!

« Reply #927 on: May 13, 2011, 02:52:44 AM »
>"You've defeated two slices of pie, isn't that enough?"
>Get back on the road!

>"Heh." She grins. "Pie's easy."
>You start to head back on your way. Cirno pops in the last bit of the pie and gives you a little wave, then gets up and pulls her sword free of the ice gripping it. With a little flourish, she resheaths it on her back, then flies back up and flops down on the bridge ledge, letting her feet dangle over the side. You make it to the other side of river without being accosted further.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #928 on: May 13, 2011, 02:55:49 AM »
>Keep going!

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #929 on: May 13, 2011, 03:05:59 AM »
Quick recap.
I don't know what doublethink means!

>Walk and enjoy the scenery. Make a note to self to ask Rinnosuke when you get back if a certain fae applied.
>We never got her last name did we... Do most people not have last names?
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 03:50:10 AM by Mezzo Purvo »