Author Topic: (Skyseas of Gensokyo) Nazrin Quest  (Read 54378 times)

Re: (Skyseas of Gensokyo) Nazrin Quest
« Reply #660 on: May 06, 2011, 12:16:52 AM »
>Tear off a small piece of jerky and drop it in the box.

>You take some beef jerky out of your pouch, tear off a small piece, then drop it into the box. The cat takes a step towards it, sniffs, then snaps it up and starts gnawing on it.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #661 on: May 06, 2011, 12:21:27 AM »
>Place one hand on the closed part of the box so that the cat can't back out of it, and shut the lid with our other hand.

« Reply #662 on: May 06, 2011, 12:33:33 AM »
>Place one hand on the closed part of the box so that the cat can't back out of it, and shut the lid with our other hand.

>While the cat is distracted with the jerky, you place one hand over the box then quickly fold it closed with the other. The cat looks up as the top starts to block off the light, then tries to bolt through the rapidly narrowing gap, but doesn't make it very far before you shut the box on top of it. It meows pitiably at you from inside.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #663 on: May 06, 2011, 12:34:37 AM »
>"Don't worry, kitty, I'll have you out in no time."
>Hurry toward the Super Secret Hideout X!

« Reply #664 on: May 06, 2011, 12:45:13 AM »
>"Don't worry, kitty, I'll have you out in no time."
>Hurry toward the Super Secret Hideout X!

>You speak comfortingly to the cat. It meows again, sounding not at all reassured by your voice. You hear it scratching at the walls of the box.
>You quickly head towards the fairies' hideout, cat in tow. You do your best not to jostle it too much as you go, although you fear you may be traumatizing it a little anyway. It continues to mewl at you intermittently and prod at the inside of the box. Cat or no, you can't help but feel a little sympathy for it in there.
>The cat's unsettled presence makes the trip seem protracted, but in truth probably no more than 10 minutes pass before you reach the abandoned warehouse again.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #665 on: May 06, 2011, 12:47:52 AM »
>Give a loud whistle.
>"Special delivery!"

« Reply #666 on: May 06, 2011, 12:54:12 AM »
>Give a loud whistle.
>"Special delivery!"

>You give a loud whistle and call out to the fairies. A few moments later, Cloudy Meadow flies out the window towards you.
>"Is that-" she starts, looking at the box. Then the box meows, as if in answers to her unfinished question. She frowns. "He sounds sad."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #667 on: May 06, 2011, 12:56:33 AM »
>"I kinda had to trick him. But I'm sure you'll be able to cheer him up nicely!"
>Does she seem large enough to hold the box? If so, offer it to her. "Be sure to hold both ends so he can't try to pull a runner while you're in midair."

« Reply #668 on: May 06, 2011, 01:03:37 AM »
>"I kinda had to trick him. But I'm sure you'll be able to cheer him up nicely!"
>Does she seem large enough to hold the box? If so, offer it to her. "Be sure to hold both ends so he can't try to pull a runner while you're in midair."

>She smiles slightly. "We'll do our best."
>Cloudy Meadow was the largest of the group, and is fairly large for a fairy on the whole. She should be able to manage the box without difficulty. You offer it to her, with a cautionary note. She nods, and accepts the box.
>"Don't worry," she speaks calmingly to it. "You'll be out soon."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #669 on: May 06, 2011, 01:13:57 AM »
>"Once you do let him out, he'll probably bolt. Just be ready to lure him out with some food or something. And maybe move those boxes from the window, she he can't climb out too too easily."
>"Anyways, your other one will have to wait. I kinda got important business in Easthaven, and I need to go immediately. I'll try to check in when I get back."

« Reply #670 on: May 06, 2011, 01:16:16 AM »
>"He didn't seem too interested in pie, but he took to meat well enough, just so you know."

« Reply #671 on: May 06, 2011, 01:24:01 AM »
>"Once you do let him out, he'll probably bolt. Just be ready to lure him out with some food or something. And maybe move those boxes from the window, she he can't climb out too too easily."
>"Anyways, your other one will have to wait. I kinda got important business in Easthaven, and I need to go immediately. I'll try to check in when I get back."

>Cloudy Meadow nods attentively as you caution her.
>"I understand," she says. "And thanks. I'm sure the others will be very happy to meet him."

>"He didn't seem too interested in pie, but he took to meat well enough, just so you know."

>She frowns slightly. "He doesn't like pie? Hmmm.... well, I'm sure we can find something he'll like."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #672 on: May 06, 2011, 01:35:10 AM »
>"Maybe a butcher shop will let you have some scraps?"

« Reply #673 on: May 06, 2011, 01:41:43 AM »
>"Maybe a butcher shop will let you have some scraps?"

>"Maybe..." she says, nodding slowly. "Surely they wouldn't want to see a cat go hungry." She leans towards the box, trying to take a peak inside through the very tiny gap in the top. Judging by her expression, you're pretty sure it's too dark for her to see much.

« Reply #674 on: May 06, 2011, 09:51:24 PM »
>"Surely not. Anyways, I must be off. Hopefully I'll have another one for you next time you see me."
>If she doesn't object, make our way to the town exit we need.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #675 on: May 07, 2011, 06:12:39 AM »
>Before we leave, do we feel confident in our provisions? Or are there establishments along the way that would provide at prices we could afford?

« Reply #676 on: May 07, 2011, 04:46:26 PM »
>"Surely not. Anyways, I must be off. Hopefully I'll have another one for you next time you see me."
>If she doesn't object, make our way to the town exit we need.

>Cloudy Meadow nods, still peering into the box. "Have a safe trip!"
>You leave and head southeast towards the road out of town. As you pass Eastmarket and start to enter the outskirts, you hear a minor commotion among the crowd behind you.

>Before we leave, do we feel confident in our provisions? Or are there establishments along the way that would provide at prices we could afford?

>There isn't much settlement to speak of along the way; you think there are a couple small fairy communities a little off the beaten path, and you might be able to find a mining camp if you were desperate, but there's no dedicated inn or restaurant along the main road. In either case, you are well-provisioned, enough for at least a couple day's journey without stringent rationing.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #677 on: May 07, 2011, 04:50:08 PM »
> Check out the commotion against our better judgement.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

« Reply #678 on: May 07, 2011, 05:03:17 PM »
> Check out the commotion against our better judgement.

>You turn around to see what the issue is this time... One punch-up with an oni is quite enough for an afternoon. Looking back at the crowd in the market, you see a bunch of people hastily scrambling out of the way of... wait, is that what you think it is? Another moment confirms your suspicion, as the crowd thins enough to clearly make out a familiar black hatted figure barreling through the bustle at a frankly unsafe speed.
>"Hey, Naz!" Marisa calls out, waving to you as she flies towards you. "Hold up."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #679 on: May 07, 2011, 05:09:22 PM »
>Brace self.
>"Oh, hey there."

« Reply #680 on: May 07, 2011, 05:22:00 PM »
>Brace self.
>"Oh, hey there."

>Bracing yourself, you say hi back. Frankly, her asking you to wait up was totally superfluous. It's not like you could outrun her even if you tried. In another couple seconds, she closes the gap and dismounts with a little flourish of her broom. She seems to be carrying something long wrapped in cloth under her other arm.
>Marisa grins at you, then pokes the Seeker's badge on your chest. "So, how's it feel?"
« Last Edit: May 07, 2011, 05:33:13 PM by DracoOmega »

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #681 on: May 07, 2011, 05:35:07 PM »
>"Like a bad hangover."
>Is she a full member yet?

« Reply #682 on: May 07, 2011, 05:45:30 PM »
>"Like a bad hangover."
>Is she a full member yet?

>Marisa laughs. "I heard last night was pretty good. Sorry I missed it. Your graduation, too. I only got into Braston early this morning or you know I'd have been there for it."
>Marisa is quite a bit your senior in the Seekers, and one of the most (in)famous members at large at the moment. You were partnered with her a few times during your apprenticeship as her subordinate. In theory, the senior is suppose to teach the junior the ropes, but you think the most valuable lesson you may have learned in your time together is that 'in front of Marisa' is a very bad place to stand when she's set her mind on something.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #683 on: May 07, 2011, 05:52:16 PM »
>"Oh, where were you at?"

« Reply #684 on: May 07, 2011, 06:03:11 PM »
>"Oh, where were you at?"

>"A job," she says. "Small cargo ship got wrecked on a little islet way off to the northwest. Seems it wasn't the first time that happened, either. The place was apparently haunted." You see a little gleam in her eye. "Was."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #685 on: May 07, 2011, 06:09:38 PM »
>"Does that mean there also was an islet? Was?"

« Reply #686 on: May 07, 2011, 06:16:44 PM »
>"Does that mean there also was an islet? Was?"

>"Naz!" she says, sounding just a little wounded. Then she laughs again. "Not much point in blowing up the rock your pay is sitting on, now is there? It's just less inhabited than it was a couple days ago."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #687 on: May 07, 2011, 06:25:41 PM »
>"Oh you walked right into that one. So, what'd it pay, and what've you got lined up next?"

« Reply #688 on: May 07, 2011, 06:47:55 PM »
>"Oh you walked right into that one. So, what'd it pay, and what've you got lined up next?"

>"What'd it pay?" She chuckles. "How about we just say 'lots'. Had to track down where the ship crashed in the first place and then exterminate a whole crew of old ghosts who'd moved in on it. There were some pretty expensive goods on that ship, and the owners paid a hefty price to get them all back again." She grins impishly. "And I even found a couple things in the old wreck worth keeping for myself. As for now, well... I'm thinking I may take a little time off, actually. Not like there's anything else good posted with the guild at the moment, and this'll last me a nice while. Might work on a few... other things."

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #689 on: May 07, 2011, 06:49:19 PM »
>What do we know of Marisa's personal life?
There was something here once. Wonder what...