Author Topic: (Skyseas of Gensokyo) Nazrin Quest  (Read 54391 times)

Re: (Skyseas of Gensokyo) Nazrin Quest
« Reply #510 on: April 29, 2011, 12:33:11 PM »
>Allow ourselves a small grin.
>"Well, alright, there's a bit of luck."

« Reply #511 on: April 29, 2011, 12:35:40 PM »
>Allow ourselves a small grin.
>"Well, alright, there's a bit of luck."

>You grin. At least something was simple today.
>"What is?" Orange asks uncertainly, then follows the direction of your gaze over towards the alleyway. "Oh! Is that him over there?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #512 on: April 29, 2011, 12:56:21 PM »
>Approach him, and hope he doesn't run off, pause if he draws back, dash after him if he bolts.
>In a soothing pet-calling voice: "C'mere, Sokrates. Let's get you home and into some real food, alright?"

« Reply #513 on: April 29, 2011, 01:02:44 PM »
>Approach him, and hope he doesn't run off, pause if he draws back, dash after him if he bolts.
>In a soothing pet-calling voice: "C'mere, Sokrates. Let's get you home and into some real food, alright?"

>You walk towards Sokrates. He pauses as he sees you approach, but makes no attempt to withdraw.
>You speak reassuringly to him as you approach. Sokrates continues to regard you passively. He seems calm enough, though.
>"Aww, he's cute," Orange says.

« Reply #514 on: April 29, 2011, 01:09:31 PM »
>Gesture back to Orange with our head.
>"Sokrates, this is Orange; defender of the peace, arrester of oni, and guardian of mice and cats both. And people, too, keeps your owner safe."

« Reply #515 on: April 29, 2011, 01:33:45 PM »
>Gesture back to Orange with our head.
>"Sokrates, this is Orange; defender of the peace, arrester of oni, and guardian of mice and cats both. And people, too, keeps your owner safe."

>"Naz!" Orange says, a little bashfully. "Come on, now..." Sokrates seems unmoved by the accolades.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #516 on: April 29, 2011, 01:35:16 PM »
>Pick him up.

« Reply #517 on: April 29, 2011, 01:37:30 PM »
>Laugh a little at our friends reaction.
>"Ah, come on, Orange. End of the day, we took down a pissed off Oni, saved a guy from considerable bodily harm, came away in fairly good shape to boot, and brought a cat home to his owner. I'd say that's worth a bit of praise, wouldn't you, Sokrates?"

« Reply #518 on: April 29, 2011, 01:43:38 PM »
>Pick him up.

>You pick Sokrates up without any sign of protest from the cat. Orange leans in and gives him a little pet on the head; Sokrates purrs.

>Laugh a little at our friends reaction.
>"Ah, come on, Orange. End of the day, we took down a pissed off Oni, saved a guy from considerable bodily harm, came away in fairly good shape to boot, and brought a cat home to his owner. I'd say that's worth a bit of praise, wouldn't you, Sokrates?"

>You chuckle a little at Orange's consternation.
>"Well... I suppose," she says, looking a little unconvinced. "Actually, I meant to thank you for that. I know it's my job and all, but... well... I don't know that I could have done it without your help." She seems a touch dispirited.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #519 on: April 29, 2011, 01:46:37 PM »
>"Sure you could. You would've just gotten a worse beating."
>...Okay, despite ourselves, pet Sokrates just a bit.
>"You really are the calmest cat I've ever seen."

« Reply #520 on: April 29, 2011, 01:53:03 PM »
"Ah, c'mon, no need for thanks. You'dve done the same for me, job or no. 'sides, now you know to go for the legs first next time, eh."

« Reply #521 on: April 29, 2011, 02:01:09 PM »
>"Sure you could. You would've just gotten a worse beating."
>...Okay, despite ourselves, pet Sokrates just a bit.
>"You really are the calmest cat I've ever seen."

>Orange screws up her face a little. "That's, uh... I suppose that's, uh... thanks?"
>After a few moment's hesitation, you give Sokrates a somewhat reluctant pet yourself. He rubs his head back up against your hand as you do so, purring.
>"I was thinking the same thing," Orange says. "Doesn't seem spooked at all after being in the middle of a fist fight."

"Ah, c'mon, no need for thanks. You'dve done the same for me, job or no. 'sides, now you know to go for the legs first next time, eh."

>"Hey, I was trying..." she protests. "But yeah, of course I would. You know that."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #522 on: April 29, 2011, 02:11:57 PM »
>Resume the path toward Ellen's place.
>If Orange doesn't follow, say, "See you later!"
>if she does: "Speaking of cats...some faeries hired me on to find a few for them."
>speaking of cats, keep watch on the local strays for any that fit the criteria that the faeries gave.

« Reply #523 on: April 29, 2011, 02:26:54 PM »
>Resume the path toward Ellen's place.
>If Orange doesn't follow, say, "See you later!"
>if she does: "Speaking of cats...some faeries hired me on to find a few for them."
>speaking of cats, keep watch on the local strays for any that fit the criteria that the faeries gave.

>Sokrates safely in hand once more, you resume heading back to Ellen's.
>Orange does indeed follow along, and you mention the fairies' request.
>Orange giggles. "You know, if you keep this up, you're going to convince me you really are a cat person, after all."
>You keep an eye out for any strays matching the criteria the fairies asked for. For the moment you don't actually see any cats at all, however.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #524 on: April 29, 2011, 02:30:08 PM »
>Keep looking while we walk, take note of any we see.
>"I'm thinking of it as a net positive. I get this one out of the streets and where he belongs, and get paid for it. Then I get two more off the streets and into the clutches of some faeries. And overall, the local mice have slightly less to worry about."

« Reply #525 on: April 29, 2011, 03:02:34 PM »
>Keep looking while we walk, take note of any we see.
>"I'm thinking of it as a net positive. I get this one out of the streets and where he belongs, and get paid for it. Then I get two more off the streets and into the clutches of some faeries. And overall, the local mice have slightly less to worry about."

>You continue to keep an eye out for cats as you proceed.
>"Sure, sure," Orange says, smirking.
>A few streets south of the Iron Rooster, you see a black long-haired cat scamper past, following the side of the buildings. On further inspection however, you catch a flash of something bright below his neck; he's probably collared. Beyond that, you see no further sight of cats for a while.
>As you pass into an open commercial square, Orange pauses. "Anyway," she says, "I should probably grab something to eat before I'm supposed to go back on duty, or I'll spend the whole afternoon starving."

« Reply #526 on: April 29, 2011, 03:18:05 PM »
> "Okay, I'm gonna go ahead and take this cat back, then."
> Start heading off, then pause. "Oh, Orange, I got another job lined up, taking me back home. You want me to pass anything along while I'm there?"

« Reply #527 on: April 29, 2011, 03:25:06 PM »
> "Okay, I'm gonna go ahead and take this cat back, then."
> Start heading off, then pause. "Oh, Orange, I got another job lined up, taking me back home. You want me to pass anything along while I'm there?"

>"Sure," Orange says, moving off. "I'll see you around!"
>The two of you part ways, but then you pause and call out to Orange, mentioning the job in Easthaven. "Really?" she says, stepping back towards you. "When are you leaving?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #528 on: April 29, 2011, 03:26:21 PM »
>"Not sure yet."

« Reply #529 on: April 29, 2011, 03:28:49 PM »
>"Not sure yet."

>"Well, like, today? Or just sometime in the near future?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #530 on: April 29, 2011, 03:34:46 PM »
>"Depends on how things go; maybe today but more likely tomorrow at this rate."

« Reply #531 on: April 29, 2011, 03:47:50 PM »
>"Depends on how things go; maybe today but more likely tomorrow at this rate."

>"Oh, ok. I wish I could go with you myself, but, you know, work and all..." She pauses. "If you're not going until tomorrow, I might drop a letter off for you to give to Ichirin. Otherwise, well... just let her let know that I'm doing fine, and that I still miss the place and wish I could tag along; you know how things are."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #532 on: April 29, 2011, 03:52:01 PM »
>"I'll be sure to at least tell her that much."

« Reply #533 on: April 29, 2011, 03:59:23 PM »
>"I'll be sure to at least tell her that much."

>Orange nods. "Well, if I don't see you before then, have a pleasant trip and all!"

« Reply #534 on: April 29, 2011, 04:41:17 PM »
> "All right. You know where to find me for that letter."
> Wave, and head off to the client's place.

« Reply #535 on: April 29, 2011, 05:42:39 PM »
> "All right. You know where to find me for that letter."
> Wave, and head off to the client's place.

>Orange nods. "Yup. See you later, Naz!"
>You wave goodbye to Orange and continue onward, keeping an eye out for cats as you go. For the most part, there isn't really a great many of them to be seen around the streets in general, and most of the trip passes without spotting a single one. However, as reach the edge of the residential areas, you catch sight of a small tabby cat darting behind an isolated cluster of buildings. You think they're workshops of some sort.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #536 on: April 29, 2011, 05:44:55 PM »
>Take note of this one and it's general location. Continue onward to Ellenhearth.

« Reply #537 on: April 29, 2011, 05:55:40 PM »
>Take note of this one and it's general location. Continue onward to Ellenhearth.

>You note the location then continue on your way, passing into the narrow lanes of houses, and the wider ones beyond. Soon enough you arrive at Ellen's door again. Sokrates seems to get a little more active as you draw near.

« Reply #538 on: April 29, 2011, 05:56:19 PM »
> Knock knock knockin' on Ellen's door~

« Reply #539 on: April 29, 2011, 06:04:39 PM »
> Knock knock knockin' on Ellen's door~

>You knock on the door, and a few moments later Ellen opens it. Her reaction is immediate; you're not sure she so much as noticed you.
>"Sokrates!" she cries, her eyes aglow. "You're home!" Sokrates starts to roust himself in your arms.