Author Topic: (Skyseas of Gensokyo) Nazrin Quest  (Read 54380 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: (Skyseas of Gensokyo) Nazrin Quest
« Reply #420 on: April 27, 2011, 02:01:08 PM »
>Kick her again! Maybe it'll do something about the pain. Or at least give us a way to distract from it.

« Reply #421 on: April 27, 2011, 02:17:35 PM »
>Kick her again! Maybe it'll do something about the pain. Or at least give us a way to distract from it.

>You lash out and kick her again! You don't think you mustered as much force this time, but it was still a satisfying impact. You feel Yuzu's grip on you tighten, then she turns and and hurls you behind her. You collide with something soft.
>"Ack-" you hear Orange cry, as the two of you tumble into a heap on the ground.

« Reply #422 on: April 27, 2011, 02:23:11 PM »
>Lie there for a moment and try to clear the cobwebs from our head, thankful we hit something relatively soft.

« Reply #423 on: April 27, 2011, 02:26:17 PM »
> Do we still have Sokrates?
> Roll off of Orange and try to stand up.

So, yeah. For our trouble it seems like we got a concussion and a broken arm. ... Kind of worth it, to be honest.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #424 on: April 27, 2011, 02:32:43 PM »
That'll just be more hazard pay from Ellen.

>What's Yuzu doing?

« Reply #425 on: April 27, 2011, 02:47:28 PM »
>Lie there for a moment and try to clear the cobwebs from our head, thankful we hit something relatively soft.

>You lie still for a moment, and try to center your focus a little. You still feel pretty dizzy... Orange shifts discontentedly beneath you.

> Do we still have Sokrates?
> Roll off of Orange and try to stand up.

>Wait, the cat! He's definitely not in your arms, anymore. With a start, you glance around for him and spot scampering some distance down the street.
>You roll off of Orange and bring yourself a little unsteadily to your feet. Orange pulls herself off the ground a little more quickly and resumes a fighting stance.
>"You ok, Naz?" she says, keeping her eyes locked on Yuzu.

>What's Yuzu doing?

>Yuzu is standing a few feet away from you in a low stance, glaring primarily at Orange now. You note her breathing seems a little pained. She reaches up and wipes some blood away from her face with the back of her hand.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #426 on: April 27, 2011, 02:54:45 PM »
>Test arm. How is it doing?

« Reply #427 on: April 27, 2011, 02:55:19 PM »
>"I.... I think I miss the hangover."
>Stifle a curse at the thought of having to track Sokrates down again, after all this.
>"What are you doin' here, anyway? What the heck started all this?"

« Reply #428 on: April 27, 2011, 03:14:45 PM »
>Test arm. How is it doing?

>You try moving your arm a little. It's sore, but doesn't seem to be otherwise damaged.

>"I.... I think I miss the hangover."
>Stifle a curse at the thought of having to track Sokrates down again, after all this.
>"What are you doin' here, anyway? What the heck started all this?"

>"Good," Orange says. "Uh, I mean it's good that you're ok. Er, mostly."
>You stifle a curse. That would be just a wonderful way to cap off this expedition, wouldn't it?
>"Your guess is as good as mine," she says. "Someone said there was a fight breaking out at the Iron Rooster. I only got here a few moments before you did."
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 03:22:59 PM by DracoOmega »

GuyYouMetOnline

• Surprisingy not smart for lynch dodging
« Reply #429 on: April 27, 2011, 03:45:10 PM »
>"'Scues me, gotta catch a cat."
>After that cat!

« Reply #430 on: April 27, 2011, 03:53:20 PM »
Now hold on a minute here. I may not have been around when yall picked this fight, but running out in the middle of it doesn't seem right to me. Plus, I'm not about to leave Orange alone with a pissed oni and her buddy. I saw we stay and finish what we started.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #431 on: April 27, 2011, 04:07:49 PM »
Quite so. We didn't come here just to leave Orange high and dry.

>Belay that last bit.
>What's the terrain here like, particularly in ways of escape, obstacles, and improvised things to smash over an oni's soft bits.

« Reply #432 on: April 27, 2011, 04:49:47 PM »
>"'Scues me, gotta catch a cat."
>After that cat!
>Belay that last bit.
>What's the terrain here like, particularly in ways of escape, obstacles, and improvised things to smash over an oni's soft bits.

>As vexing as it is to see Sokrates running off, you decide you've got other priorities at the moment.
>The group of you are along a fairly narrow road, framed by row buildings on either side. The intersection with the larger market street you were on when you heard the commotion is ahead of you; Yuzu is between you and it. The moderately irregular contour of the buildings makes the road somewhat angular, but not so much so that you can't see the main street from here. The restaurant is a little ways behind you, with its chairs, tables, and broken pieces thereof, and the road continues a short distance past it, before curving up and out of sight; you think it heads back in the direction of the warehouse district. Many of the other buildings along the road are nondescript, although you note a small pawnshop and a paint and plaster merchant, with a brightly striped awning over the entrance. A couple of the unmarked doors along the right wall look to be rear entrances to buildings that front on a neighboring street. You spy a narrow alleyway next to one of them, about halfway between you and the restaurant. You can't tell if it's a dead-end from here.
>The road itself is fairly clear of obstacles, aside from the onlookers clustered a safe distance in either direction of you and Yuzu, although you rather suspect they'd move themselves out of the way, if you need to duck past them quickly. There's a wrought iron trash can against the other side of the street from Yuzu's position and a small easel-style signboard by the pawnshop.

GuyYouMetOnline

• Surprisingy not smart for lynch dodging
« Reply #433 on: April 27, 2011, 05:02:01 PM »
Now hold on a minute here. I may not have been around when yall picked this fight, but running out in the middle of it doesn't seem right to me. Plus, I'm not about to leave Orange alone with a pissed oni and her buddy. I saw we stay and finish what we started.

I wasn't around when people picked the fight either, and I'd have avoided it (or found some clever way to go about it; Nazrin vs. an oni in direct combat isn't likely to end well).

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #434 on: April 27, 2011, 05:25:41 PM »
>Where is the pawn shop in relation to us?

« Reply #435 on: April 27, 2011, 05:37:17 PM »
>Where is the pawn shop in relation to us?

>On the left side of the street (which you are nearest to), and just a little behind you.

« Reply #436 on: April 27, 2011, 05:38:35 PM »
I wasn't around when people picked the fight either, and I'd have avoided it (or found some clever way to go about it; Nazrin vs. an oni in direct combat isn't likely to end well).

I agree. Going blow against blow with any oni is hardly a good idea. Gotta think like a cruiserweight here.
>Where is the trash can in relation to our location?

« Reply #437 on: April 27, 2011, 05:42:01 PM »
>Where is the trash can in relation to our location?

>On the opposite side of the street, and a few feet forward, nearly parallel with Yuzu; perhaps 15 to 20 feet away.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #438 on: April 27, 2011, 08:06:47 PM »
>And for finallys, what is Yuzu doing?

« Reply #439 on: April 27, 2011, 09:06:03 PM »
>And for finallys, what is Yuzu doing?

>She is in a low combat stance. Having finished wiping aside the blood, she seems to be either deciding her next move, or waiting to receive your own. She subtly shifts her stance forward, closing another few inches. There's very little distance between you, and she's poised such that she could be on top of either one of you as soon as you try anything.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #440 on: April 27, 2011, 09:09:55 PM »
>Move back quickly
>When she tries to strike, put the pawn shop's sign between us and use that to mess up her action.

« Reply #441 on: April 27, 2011, 09:29:41 PM »
>Move back quickly
>When she tries to strike, put the pawn shop's sign between us and use that to mess up her action.

>You quickly dash backwards, moving to put the pawn shop's sign between you and Yuzu. You see Orange glance in your direction as you retreat, and then Yuzu rushes her, sweeping out with a wide overhead, almost as if to swat her. Orange catches sight of the attack almost at the last moment, hastily raising her baton to block Yuzu's arm crosswise. Orange seems almost as surprised as Yuzu at the successful parry, but wastes no time using the point of contact to follow up, shifting the baton and herself under Yuzu's arm and thrusting it into her abdomen. Yuzu grimaces.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #442 on: April 27, 2011, 09:54:33 PM »
>Is the sign small enough we can pick it up and swing it around?

« Reply #443 on: April 27, 2011, 10:01:38 PM »
>Is the sign small enough we can pick it up and swing it around?

>It's a little large to swing with much finesse, but you can certainly pick it up and hit someone with it.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #444 on: April 27, 2011, 10:10:21 PM »
>Pick it up while she's hassling Orange, take it in both hands, and try to smack her in the head with whatever we declare to be the business end of it. Try not to do so in a manner that would endanger Orange, if possible try to move so we're not in Orange's way at all and Yuzu has to watch the both of us.

« Reply #445 on: April 28, 2011, 07:00:35 AM »
>Pick it up while she's hassling Orange, take it in both hands, and try to smack her in the head with whatever we declare to be the business end of it. Try not to do so in a manner that would endanger Orange, if possible try to move so we're not in Orange's way at all and Yuzu has to watch the both of us.

>You pick up the sign and get a firm grip on it with both hands, then dash towards Yuzu.
>Orange shifts the rear of her baton up and smacks Yuzu in the face, then pivots to strike at the side of her head with the other end. Yuzu clamps a hand firmly around the baton before it makes contact and pulls on it sharply. Orange manages to keep her grip on her weapon, but the pull makes her tumble face-first to the ground with an awkward yelp. Yuzu turns and kicks her sharply in the ribs, a look of grim satisfaction on her face as Orange cries out.
>Seizing the moment, you swing the signboard against the side of Yuzu's head while she's facing away from you. It connects with a splintering crack and the oni staggers. She rounds on you, lashing out with a backhand, but the swing is clumsy and you easily duck away from it.
>"Are either of you people gonna try that when I'm lookin' at you for once?" she breathes, looking rather less composed than when this started.

« Reply #446 on: April 28, 2011, 07:57:43 AM »
>"Want me to take another swing at that nose of yours, suits me just fine. If I was in your boots, though, I'd start to wonder if all this was worth it."
>Spare a glance at Orange. "You okay?"
>Keep our ears tuned for the sound of a charging oni and be ready to dodge-roll away.

« Reply #447 on: April 28, 2011, 08:16:10 AM »
>"Want me to take another swing at that nose of yours, suits me just fine. If I was in your boots, though, I'd start to wonder if all this was worth it."
>Spare a glance at Orange. "You okay?"
>Keep our ears tuned for the sound of a charging oni and be ready to dodge-roll away.

>Yuzu sneers. "Heh, think I care about this?" She wipes aside another thin trickle of blood from her nose. "I've had worse on a good night out. 'sides," she grins darkly, "I'm startin' to enjoy myself."
>"Yeah..." she groans, holding a hand against her side as she pushes herself off the ground. Yuzu rounds on her, launching another boot to the ribs. Orange shifts away from the blow, but not quickly enough to avoid it entirely and gets knocked over onto her back.

« Reply #448 on: April 28, 2011, 08:46:20 AM »
>Take a swing at the back of her leg, try to take her in the knee.

« Reply #449 on: April 28, 2011, 09:12:05 AM »
>Take a swing at the back of her leg, try to take her in the knee.

>You take a swing at the back of Yuzu's legs while she's partially turned from you, however she seems to see the blow coming and turns to swat you as you strike. The sign misses its target, but still impacts solidly against the side of her leg. Yuzu staggers a little but follows through with her blow, nailing you in the side of your jaw. She immediately thrusts her other fist at your face, but Orange rolls to the side and sweeps out with her baton, catching Yuzu in the back of both knees. She topples forward towards you.