Author Topic: (Skyseas of Gensokyo) Nazrin Quest  (Read 54378 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: (Skyseas of Gensokyo) Nazrin Quest
« Reply #390 on: April 26, 2011, 09:39:59 PM »
>"Hey! What're you choking that guy for!"

« Reply #391 on: April 26, 2011, 09:45:55 PM »
>"Hey! What're you choking that guy for!"

>You call out the oni. Almost immediately, you see some of the people near you draw away.
>"None 'a your business," she barks back, without looking at you. You can see the man trying to pry her hands off him, but they're simply not budging.
>The other oni looks back over her shoulder. "Stay out of this," she says coolly.
>"Naz?" Orange says, letting her stance slacken a little. "What're you doing here?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #392 on: April 26, 2011, 10:01:10 PM »
>"Has he come some kind of weird neck condition? Are you two doctors or something? Because that doesn't look like any kind of treatment I've ever seen. What's the problem, huh?"

« Reply #393 on: April 26, 2011, 10:09:56 PM »
>"Has he come some kind of weird neck condition? Are you two doctors or something? Because that doesn't look like any kind of treatment I've ever seen. What's the problem, huh?"

>"Betcha' think you're funny," she snaps back. "Why don't you try saying that where I can reach ya?"
>"Just walk away," the other oni says.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #394 on: April 26, 2011, 10:21:09 PM »
>"Why don't you try saying something when you don't have your hands around the neck of someone who's way weaker than you? What'd he do, to have you making a scene in the middle of the daylight like this?"
>What do we know about non-Orange law enforcement, and keeping oni and the like in line?

« Reply #395 on: April 26, 2011, 10:48:10 PM »
>"Why don't you try saying something when you don't have your hands around the neck of someone who's way weaker than you? What'd he do, to have you making a scene in the middle of the daylight like this?"

>The shorter oni laughs. "See? Even she says so. Think you're so hot now?" She slugs him in the side, and the man grimaces, his gasp stifled by the hand around his neck.
>"Hey!" Orange cries. "I meant it the first time! Let him go, or I will be forced to intervene."
>The oni cackles. "Just try it, I dare ya."
>The other oni lets out a frustrated sigh.

>What do we know about non-Orange law enforcement, and keeping oni and the like in line?

>There is a small city watch, predominantly human, who police most the city and deal with the usual problems: bylaw violations, petty theft, the occasional act of violence. For the most part, Braston is not an unusually rough place. Although the oni have a reputation for getting into fist fights and otherwise causing disturbances, in practice they do so almost exclusively among themselves. There's something of an informal leadership among them, and you think they keep a fairly tight rein on oni causing problems outside their own quarter. While the city still ultimately has jurisdiction over them, in practice the oni police themselves. The public generally accepts that the north end of town has more than its fair share of brawling, and are content that it stays there. An incident like this is quite unusual, and your first instinct is to think that the man pinned against the wall did something very unwise.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #396 on: April 26, 2011, 10:52:53 PM »
>"Yeah, you're sure going to look like a big girl around all the other oni, beating up on a human.'Oh look at her,' they'll says. 'maybe she'll wrestle a moderate-sized dog into submission next. Why, maybe she'll even aim high and try her luck against a healthy colt!'"

« Reply #397 on: April 26, 2011, 11:03:53 PM »
>"Yeah, you're sure going to look like a big girl around all the other oni, beating up on a human.'Oh look at her,' they'll says. 'maybe she'll wrestle a moderate-sized dog into submission next. Why, maybe she'll even aim high and try her luck against a healthy colt!'"

>"You're just askin' for me to pound your face into a wall, ain't ya?" She gives the man a sharp knee in in the gut, then hurls him back towards the restaurant, bowling over a chair and knocking down another table. He groans feebly. Orange rushes over to him. Then the oni starts moving towards you.
>"Gonna run, mousy?" She is wearing a distinctly unpleasant cross between a scowl and a grin on her face.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #398 on: April 26, 2011, 11:10:25 PM »
>"Oh look, now you're going to pick on a mouse with her hands full of half-asleep cat for pointing out the facts. Is that really going to do much for your reputation? Nice job beating on a guy who wasn't even swing at you, by the way."
>Be ready to leap back and to the side.

« Reply #399 on: April 26, 2011, 11:31:54 PM »
>"Oh look, now you're going to pick on a mouse with her hands full of half-asleep cat for pointing out the facts. Is that really going to do much for your reputation? Nice job beating on a guy who wasn't even swing at you, by the way."
>Be ready to leap back and to the side.

>"He would if he could; that's the point, see?" She keeps closing. "And if you don't wanna swing back either, well... they're your bruises."
>She takes a sharp swing at you, and you quickly leap back and to the side. Almost immediately the oni shifts her weight and follows through for another swing.
>"Yuzu..." the other oni breathes.
>"Don't gimme that!" she retorts.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #400 on: April 26, 2011, 11:37:03 PM »
>Back away.
>"Nice job humiliating your friend! I can just hear all the rumors you're causing right now, making all the oni look bad! Why don't you think about that!"
>Is she swinging high or low?

« Reply #401 on: April 26, 2011, 11:42:38 PM »
>Back away.
>"Nice job humiliating your friend! I can just hear all the rumors you're causing right now, making all the oni look bad! Why don't you think about that!"
>Is she swinging high or low?

>You back away, evading another blow. Holding Sokrates as you are is impinging your mobility somewhat, though. And you think he's starting to get a bit fidgety...
>"They can fend for themselves," she says. "The one you gotta worry about right now is me." She cracks her knuckles.
>First swing was high; the second was a little lower, as she shifted towards you.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #402 on: April 26, 2011, 11:59:51 PM »
>Leap back. And hope to whatever god chooses to listen that Orange is making good use of this distraction.
>"You really are desperate, aren't you? I didn't even challenge you to anything, I just pointed out what an embarrassment you're being to oni everywhere! Are you that afraid of the truth you can't answer it with words or deeds like a someone with an ounce of self respect? You just start swinging like an idiot!"

« Reply #403 on: April 27, 2011, 12:51:01 AM »
>Leap back. And hope to whatever god chooses to listen that Orange is making good use of this distraction.
>"You really are desperate, aren't you? I didn't even challenge you to anything, I just pointed out what an embarrassment you're being to oni everywhere! Are you that afraid of the truth you can't answer it with words or deeds like a someone with an ounce of self respect? You just start swinging like an idiot!"

>You leap back to open some distance and Yuzu rushes you. Beyond her, you see Orange stand up from examining the fallen man, the run towards some nearby bystanders, vigorously gesturing something or other to them.
>"I don't have to take shit from you," she yells, taking another swing followed immediately by a sharp left jab. That last one was close... "If you can't fight back, you ain't worth respect. That's how it's supposed to be." You narrowly leap away from another blow. You can hear the crowd moving away, behind you. Sokrates meows discontentedly and squirms in your arms. You think he's trying to get free.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #404 on: April 27, 2011, 01:01:15 AM »
>Keep moving back. And, if we can, try to pet Sokrates a bit and hopefully calm him down. Or at least grip him better.
>"Keep swinging! Do it again! Do it again! Maybe if you give up all your dignity, it'll all magically come back! Hit someone telling the facts to your face, that'll sure won't make the reputation for sincerity look fake! What do you even do, anyways? Beat up children and resell their candy?"
>Is she at least getting sloppier?

« Reply #405 on: April 27, 2011, 01:15:28 AM »
>Keep moving back. And, if we can, try to pet Sokrates a bit and hopefully calm him down. Or at least grip him better.
>"Keep swinging! Do it again! Do it again! Maybe if you give up all your dignity, it'll all magically come back! Hit someone telling the facts to your face, that'll sure won't make the reputation for sincerity look fake! What do you even do, anyways? Beat up children and resell their candy?"
>Is she at least getting sloppier?

>You keep moving backwards, gripping Sokrates more firmly. He protests vocally, and keeps trying to shift awkwardly in your arms.
>Yuzu doesn't bother to respond with words, instead simply charging you. You can't match her speed while moving backwards, and certainly not with a squirming bundle of cat in your arms.
>She certainly seem to be getting more pissed at you; most any traces of that smile are gone from her face now. Unfortunately, you think that may only be making her faster.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #406 on: April 27, 2011, 01:24:25 AM »
Well. I see two options here. The first is that we step dodging and dare her to hit someone who's not going to fight back and see if it changes anything at all. The other is we take advantage of that charge and try to headbutt her right in the nose. Which, given velocity, should splatter the thing nicely. Whachu think, Sect? Kasu?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 01:27:29 AM by Purvissimo »

« Reply #407 on: April 27, 2011, 01:30:59 AM »
Not so keen on the headbutt idea, but trying to trip her up by charging into her legs is all right by me. The other option is get out of dodge.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #408 on: April 27, 2011, 01:44:25 AM »
I'm not liking the trip idea, just because it's got a way higher chance of us being kicked in leg and possibly have it broken. Skulls, on the other hand, and made to take abuse. As well, one recovers from a trip pretty easily. A splattered nose takes some time. Also, it's a whole lot more shocking.

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #409 on: April 27, 2011, 01:50:21 AM »
And a more lasting personal embarrassment for her among the oni.

That said I was never certain about provoking her in the first place but :V
There was something here once. Wonder what...

« Reply #410 on: April 27, 2011, 01:52:45 AM »
Fair enough. Have fun headbutting the angry oni.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #411 on: April 27, 2011, 01:54:47 AM »
Mus: No other way to get her off the guy, really. If you're angry enough to heft someone by the neck, you're not going to be reasonable about anything.

GuyYouMetOnline

• Surprisingy not smart for lynch dodging
« Reply #412 on: April 27, 2011, 01:57:05 AM »
Hmm... I'd prefer a craftier approach, but I can't really think of one.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #413 on: April 27, 2011, 02:09:55 AM »
Yeah. Time and hands full of cat didn't really allow for anything crafty. AS SUCH!

>Let her charge right into a headbutt. Get up on our tiptoes if we have to, draw out head back, and snap it forward so the upper bits snap right into her nose.

« Reply #414 on: April 27, 2011, 02:54:28 AM »
>Let her charge right into a headbutt. Get up on our tiptoes if we have to, draw out head back, and snap it forward so the upper bits snap right into her nose.

>You hold your ground against the charging oni, draw your head back and get ready to deliver the hardest headbutt you can muster as soon as she's in range. She's taller than you, but not by so much that you can't reach. Yuzu closes the gap quickly, reaching out an arm. You strike! You catch a flicker of surprise in Yuzu's eyes before your collide solidly with her nose. She makes an incoherent grunt. The impact resonates through your own head, leaving you feeling a little dazed. Are oni skulls made of rock or something? Before you have time for any more thoughts, you feel a hand clamp down vice-like around your upper arm. Yuzu glares at you, a thin trickle of blood running from her nose. Her breathing seethes with something almost animalistic. Sokrates meows plaintively.

GuyYouMetOnline

• Surprisingy not smart for lynch dodging
« Reply #415 on: April 27, 2011, 03:21:27 AM »
>Eye poke attack! Hold Sokrates in one arm while doing so.

Should we run, or try to fight?

« Reply #416 on: April 27, 2011, 04:03:00 AM »
>Eye poke attack! Hold Sokrates in one arm while doing so.

>You extricate your other arm from Sokrates, and move to jab Yuzu in the eyes. Unfortunately, the cumbersomeness of shifting Sokrates rather telegraphs the maneuver, and Yuzu thrusts her own arm out and grabs yours firmly by the wrist before you reach her face. And twists. You wince.
>Yuzu grins darkly. "At least you've got more fight than he did."
>Over Yuzu's shoulder, you see Orange running towards you. Yuzu draws her own head back...

« Reply #417 on: April 27, 2011, 04:08:19 AM »
> Kick at her in between her legs!

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #418 on: April 27, 2011, 10:49:59 AM »
>How useful is our tail, anyways?

« Reply #419 on: April 27, 2011, 01:56:01 PM »
> Kick at her in between her legs!

>You launch a kick between Yuzu's legs, and are rewarded with a sharp grunt of pain as you feel your foot meet flesh. However, this does little to stop her head from snapping forward into yours with a stupefying crack. Your vision swims, and for a moment you lose track of where you are. Your awareness is subsumed by the explosion of pain in your skull. Dimly, you feel motion along your left arm, and hear... yelling? Then you hear another sharp crack, though oddly no more pain accompanies it.

>How useful is our tail, anyways?

>It is prehensile, with a wide range of motion. While neither its grip strength nor its subtle dexterity are as good as your hands, you're fully capable of manipulating objects with it or holding onto things.