Author Topic: Iku Quest Che'tyrnadsat: A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 53543 times)

Re: Iku Quest Che'tyrnadsat: A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #960 on: May 18, 2011, 01:57:08 AM »
I'm not sure if that seemed longer because I read it while it was ongoing, or if it really was damned long.

All right, I'll ask sillier questions so that Kilga has time to come up with his own thoughts, being the primary player of this game:

> Brocken's/Shuuei's theme song.
> What was it that Trance did to inspire this adventure?
> How much of it did you end up having to make up on the spot?

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #961 on: May 18, 2011, 02:13:53 AM »
Finally, after 14 threads and 8 or 9 months, this quest is done. Unfortunately, after 8 or 9 months, mine is still only on its second thread and doesn't seem to be resolving anytime soon.

>What in this quest was planned from the beginning?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #962 on: May 18, 2011, 02:17:17 AM »
I> Brocken's/Shuuei's theme song.
> What was it that Trance did to inspire this adventure?
> How much of it did you end up having to make up on the spot?

>The Poltergeist's theme: Now you see it, now you don't!
>Inspired the original.
>Not as much as you might think. But a fair amount was "I have about three days to get these ducks in a row". It always is.

>What in this quest was planned from the beginning?

>Absolutely everything. The main incidents, ways to solve them, most of the sidequests.

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #963 on: May 18, 2011, 02:21:16 AM »
Oh no! I accidentally the whole Iku Quest! :ohdear:

Did we ever come close to getting Iku dismissed by The August One?
How would this have happened, if possible?
How did you originally plan for the poltergeist to be dealt with?

What was Alice whittling Purvis? I WANT TO KNOOOOOW

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

GuyYouMetOnline

• Surprisingy not smart for lynch dodging
« Reply #964 on: May 18, 2011, 02:26:29 AM »
>Music: Battle with Tenshi, battle with Shuuei, Nue vs. Aya, Orchid Isle melee, encounter with Sanae

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #965 on: May 18, 2011, 02:48:51 AM »
It's over? It's finally over?  :o

Congrats!

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #966 on: May 18, 2011, 02:53:17 AM »
Finally, after 14 threads and 8 or 9 months, this quest is done. Unfortunately, after 8 or 9 months, mine is still only on its second thread and doesn't seem to be resolving anytime soon.

Hey, I post as frequently as I can. And it's not my fault you're making it hard to figure out what to do next (either that, or I'm missing something obvious).

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #967 on: May 18, 2011, 02:54:04 AM »
Oh no! I accidentally the whole Iku Quest! :ohdear:

Did we ever come close to getting Iku dismissed by The August One?
How would this have happened, if possible?
How did you originally plan for the poltergeist to be dealt with?

What was Alice whittling Purvis? I WANT TO KNOOOOOW

Haw haw.

You did not.
I would not presume to reveal the machinations of such a being.
I had two ideas. One was more or less the path you took, the other would be that she'd be declared an beyond help and taken down the hard way. This would lead to her likely needing to be sealed away, which may have been exploited in future quests.

You should find out!

I'mma do themes and stuff in awhile.

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #968 on: May 18, 2011, 03:59:51 AM »
First of all, a hat tip to Purvis for putting up with my bitching for eight months about something relatively inconsequential in the grand scheme of things.

So my thoughts are hazy on this one, largely because I can barely remember what happened so many months ago. Far be it from me to talk about the "dedication" I put into this game because I'm not the one who was bloody running the thing, but there is a certain degree of a combination of amusement, annoyance, and utter exhaustion from being able to say that I contributed commands to this quest during both a winter season handbell concert and a summer season handbell concert.

The most interesting thing, for me, to be born from this quest is actually a renewal in personal interest in my own church activities. Methodism is fairly big into music in their celebration and praise of the Holy Trinity, and at some point in thread 8 or 9 or so I realized that the best course of action was to play as Jiku of Nagareth. I feel like this quest has gotten me to pay a bit more attention during services and retaining scripture readings a bit longer, as well as paying more attention to the lessons behind the gospel. I do appreciate this quest for the chance to expand my faith, even if it ended up being on such a small scale. (At one point I actually debated entering a command where we browsed our knowledge of the song Lord of the Dance. Don't know why I never did.)

On to more relevant things. I have a few major issues with things and one or two pretty minor ones, mostly concerning the ending which I had no control over regardless. Before I get into those, though, I will say that Iku has been, for about three or four threads now, my favorite player character in this series, and at this point it's by a long shot, even over Reisen. In this way I am very sad that Iku is done because I could spend another eight months just picking her brain and generally wandering around being an altruist, and not only will I not have this anymore, but Iku is not exactly the most accessable person in Gensokyo, even with the resolution having gone the way it did. Ikuverbiage has even started spilling over into my normal communication. So, by that metric, this was a fabulous experience, and one that will never be overshadowed (if you'll pardon the pun).

But there are still two big outstanding things.

- This game shat all over logos. I have made no secret when talking about this game that, to this day, I still do not know why Shuuei changed the way she did. As far as I am concerned there was no reasonable conclusion to what was set up other than getting her the information she desired and being rewarded with a shadowsuck for our efforts. It is immensely frustrating to watch everything that logically should work fail, and then have something that logically should not work come along, work, and refuse to reveal why. A good chunk of my interactions with Shuuei were auto-pilot born of "well, this worked, so whatever", but there's zero fun in that approach. I didn't know why I was doing what I was doing, all I knew is that I was climbing all over myself to do it whenever I could. Sneaking in posts from work, rehearsals, concerts, all to walk blindly along a road apparently paved with gold. It wasn't a game. It was obligation, tedium, a long-running chore. This hit a supreme low when Purvis and I were talked about something - I've already forgotten what specifically, but it was one of my many major roadblocks - and the ultimate response was a nicely-worded "You're not smart enough for this, go get someone who is to do it for you." which was incredibly demoralizing after all the effort I felt I had put in at that point. I really don't like trawling for hints because I think it ruins the experience, but I had been completely stonewalled on more than one occasion, and to hear something that amounted to the above hurt a good deal.

- This game also shat all over assumptions. This can certainly work (and probably should be done a fair amount in any game that wants to be worth its weight in salt!) but there was just so much of it that I eventually found myself obligated to work out every last detail of which I could think because it seemed like every time I assumed even a small thing it ended up being wrong. And hey, look at that, it happened again when no one told Byakuren about Aya, and I suspect. When a game runs this long and as a situation presented to be as dire as this was, it is mind-numbing as a player to be foreced to think of every minute detail that has more than a .01% chance of being important. This only furthered the feeling of tedium and doing a shore instead of playing a game that came from this first bullet.

The minor things were just that in comparison to the above. Mostly unhappy that Sameko never got a proper and "honorable" duel to the finish, unhappy that we never got a picture of Koa for Madeliene, and while I am glad the Hatless System was put into use, I will freely admit I was hoping it would lead to Tenshi occasionally seeking emotional advice from us or even just a shoulder to lean against. I guess that she wouldn't need it with her family present, but it would have been nice. Also kinda sad that the theater thing never went anywhere, but honestly I was at a complete loss for how to incorporate that one, since Tenshi does not have the wit for rabbit improv and she seemed uninterested in all the other options.

The ending was pleasing in the sense that I feel it made up for what I felt was a lot of things being almost handed to Iku, perhaps in an effort to just move things along and get to the next event. As much as I complained about the challenge of the poltergeist, it's also not terribly fun to be able to shoehorn the recompense for several things into postgame. It almost feels like a cop-out, that we didn't actually earn it. (The contract signing was the biggest offender in this regard.) I also felt to a degree like I should have had to have planned the exact outcome of the pantyshot escapades in order for it to actually happen that way, for as much as I complained earlier about the perceived requirement to think of absofuckinglutely everything. I'm still not a big fan of this Aya, but a lot of what has happened in the last 1000 posts has heightened my opinion of her. There was enough negativity in the resolution, however, that I feel less about all this, because it feels less like we were indeed not given something for nothing. (The vow of silence thing is very interesting in what it suggests about what behavior was expected of us as players.)

I think I had a million more things to say about this but I'm exhausted and can't remember any of them so I'll just skip to the questions, which is maybe 10% of all the questions of which I thought throughout the course of the game. Ultimately, though, I will miss this sucker a lot. (Especially given who the central character of the next game is. >_>)

Major Questions

> Did you actually expect us to be as tolerant of Tenshi's demeanor as we were?
> Why was/is Tenshi so uncomfortable with physical intimacy?
> Was it possible to get the IkuTen 'ship sailing, or was Tenshi too uninterested/scarred by past experiences?

> How were we supposed to get out of the shadow void without the screwdriver?
> What would have happened to Tenshi had we left her the book when Pocky and Brocky told us to?
> What was the solution that literally everyone missed in the first actual meaningful dialogue with Pocky and Brocky, when you made reference to "the first half of the conversation"?

> Did we miss any shadow theft victims, animate or otherwise?
> Were the paler-than-normal fairies significant somehow?
> Is that vow of silence still on-going?
> If we had accidentally wandered near a satori (very possible with Koishi being in superstealth mode), would Yukari have found out, regardless of whether or not we ever learned we did?
> Why were Reimu, Marisa and Yukari (to a degree, when playing Devil's Advocate) so determined to ignore common-sense evidence that worked against their pre-conceived biases toward who was responsible for everything?
> With all our paranoia, was Gensokyo ever really in any major danger? Or would the major powers have simply pulled tag-team cleanup duty if Pocky and Brocky started really overstepping her bounds?

> BGM: Momizi Down Mystia's Dress

Minor Questions

> What did Tenshi think we were implying when we were getting Renko and Maribel to guess about the identity of the shadow thief?
> When we tried to get Tenshi to guess that Meiling needed to be distracted so Feisty Geist could sneak in, is that actually what she guessed?
> So why did Tenshi steal Kisume's bucket way back when? It never came up.
> How could we have reasonably passed by Sameko without pissing her off?
> What would have happened if someone braved the SDM wall?
> Where did Sunny go?
> Where was Star?
> Byakuren aside, how many people did we encounter throughout the quest that were taller than we are, and who were they?
> What was Reisen's reaction to the Construct coming back, since we never saw her to learn?
> Speaking of, with how important almost every other player character was in this quest, will we ever see Reisen in a meaningful role again? ;_;
« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 04:14:44 AM by Kilgamayan »
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #969 on: May 18, 2011, 04:22:08 AM »
>Would it have been possible to convince Shuuei to go along with the idea of entering Iku's mind, and if so, what would the result have been?
>Were their other ways to compensate Nue for the Seed of Non-Identification?
>What was the 'need' we felt Shuuei had when we prayed to the August One during our second encounter with her? Was indeed the need for people to think about her in order to continue existing?
>What is the average flight speed of a swallow carrying a five-pound note?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #970 on: May 18, 2011, 05:17:20 AM »
General statements.

I helped a man get into his religion~

As for the major issues, they are largely one and the same. Part of the trouble with logic is that it's based on assumptions. Shuuei's problem was much deeper than logic. She was, not to put to fine a point on it, on the brink of insanity. Part of this is due to her own world-view, and part of it due to drawing too heavily on the shadow; Patchouli was quite right in pointing out it was too much her. On top of this, she had her own world view. By and large, you were arguing with someone on the edge of paranoid delusions, which is where pathos is quite a bit more important and logos is almost worthless. Part of this was by design; I wanted talking her down to be the hard way. But, once you started to work to reassure her, and break some of her own assumptions, progress was made. The reason she bonded with you wasn't really within her power to explain due to being alien: She never complained to anyone before, and she never had anyone really care about her before. Despite her protests to the contrary, it did reach her. As well, you managed to distract her from drawing on the shadow as much as she was; one of the reasons her danmaku was so destructive was because of that, for instance. You managed to talk her down from it long enough that she wasn't using it so strongly, which eased the mental stress she was feeling and kept it from aggravating other problems so much. The hint toward this was in the vast differences between how she acted toward Suika, and how she acted later. (I am surprised how long it took people to really consider visiting Suika; I felt it was an obvious step).

As for the suggestion to seek advice, please accept my apologies. I didn't mean it to be an insult to your intelligence. Rather, it was that I would have preferred you worked with others who have different viewpoints, rather than give hints.

Major Questions

> Did you actually expect us to be as tolerant of Tenshi's demeanor as we were?
> Why was/is Tenshi so uncomfortable with physical intimacy?
> Was it possible to get the IkuTen 'ship sailing, or was Tenshi too uninterested/scarred by past experiences?

> How were we supposed to get out of the shadow void without the screwdriver?
> What would have happened to Tenshi had we left her the book when Pocky and Brocky told us to?
> What was the solution that literally everyone missed in the first actual meaningful dialogue with Pocky and Brocky, when you made reference to "the first half of the conversation"?

> Did we miss any shadow theft victims, animate or otherwise?
> Were the paler-than-normal fairies significant somehow?
> Is that vow of silence still on-going?
> If we had accidentally wandered near a satori (very possible with Koishi being in superstealth mode), would Yukari have found out, regardless of whether or not we ever learned we did?
> Why were Reimu, Marisa and Yukari (to a degree, when playing Devil's Advocate) so determined to ignore common-sense evidence that worked against their pre-conceived biases toward who was responsible for everything?
> With all our paranoia, was Gensokyo ever really in any major danger? Or would the major powers have simply pulled tag-team cleanup duty if Pocky and Brocky started really overstepping her bounds?

Minor Questions

> What did Tenshi think we were implying when we were getting Renko and Maribel to guess about the identity of the shadow thief?
> When we tried to get Tenshi to guess that Meiling needed to be distracted so Feisty Geist could sneak in, is that actually what she guessed?
> So why did Tenshi steal Kisume's bucket way back when? It never came up.
> How could we have reasonably passed by Sameko without pissing her off?
> What would have happened if someone braved the SDM wall?
> Where did Sunny go?
> Where was Star?
> Byakuren aside, how many people did we encounter throughout the quest that were taller than we are, and who were they?
> What was Reisen's reaction to the Construct coming back, since we never saw her to learn?
> Speaking of, with how important almost every other player character was in this quest, will we ever see Reisen in a meaningful role again? ;_;

>I really did expect you to be harder on Tenshi, initially.
>It's not that Tenshi was uncomfortable with physical intimacy, it that she was uncomfortable with Iku. Tenshi is a known and unrepentant felon, Iku is the Sheriff. If you, say, drug running, wouldn't you be very suspicious and uncomfortable if the sheriff suddenly started being buddy buddy with you?
>It was possible, you would have had to have been more open and aggressive. And she would have flipped out and run away at first, before setting into the idea.
>Two ways out of the void. Yukari hinted at one; finding the part where the void "looped" and probing at it. Essentially testing the paradox.You would have found the open part sooner or later. The other way was to pray to The Dragon; particularly within the shadow altar.
>I don't remember the situation exactly, anymore. Give me some more details?
>The solution, so to speak, relates to the what I said above. The conversation largely trying to disprove her, and backing her further into a corner, as well as threats about what would happen if she tried taking aggressive actions.
>You found all the people; there were other objections; trees and rocks and such.
>They were faeries from a place heavy with curses. They have a bit more in common with the Makai breed than the Gensokyo breed.
>The  vow is a secret.
>She likely wouldn't have found out; if Satori read that, she would have already read how critically secret it was and said nothing.
>They were considering common sense, as far as they were concerned. Their viewpoints weren't your own, you have to recall. Also, you are being a little hard on Reimu, given she did nothing to you other than warnings and such.
>It was entirely possible that Shuuei could have drained the shadow so badly that restoring it would not have fixed the problem. This means that Gensokyo would have subsumed Bhava-Agra, which would have lead to significant planar issues.

>I don't remember that scene with Tenshi and Renko offhand.
>Same, remind me; it was probably something very Tenshi-ish.
>Because Tenshi found it and figured it was valuable.
>Yes. In fact, I actually expected you to get by Sameko without problems.
>I prefer not to answer the wall question. But it was possible to get over it.
>Sunny vanished when you gave her the idea of making shadows disappear. The tree line with missing shadows was her work. If you had searched for her later, she would have turned up.
>Star was elsewhere doing other things. Probably helping out the tree.
>Just Byakuren and Marisa. And technically The Dragon.
>Reisen's reaction was quite a bit of consternation, until she investigated the event herself. She was satisfied with what Maribel and Renko did with it. She has grown distrustful of Alice. Still, she's afraid some aspect of it might be out there somewhere.
>You saw all the other past playables; Patchouli was probably most vital; but had Okuu and friends not been at Turtle House that night, there was a fair chance Shuuei would have attacked. Ran largely wanted little to do with the events; she was busy preparing for Yukari's hibernation, and was faintly annoyed that the incident delayed it. Reisen may have a meaningful role in the future.

>Would it have been possible to convince Shuuei to go along with the idea of entering Iku's mind, and if so, what would the result have been?
>Were their other ways to compensate Nue for the Seed of Non-Identification?
>What was the 'need' we felt Shuuei had when we prayed to the August One during our second encounter with her? Was indeed the need for people to think about her in order to continue existing?
>What is the average flight speed of a swallow carrying a five-pound note?

>Probably not. The idea of exposing someone to that degree was akin to asking her to prostitute herself.
>You could have dug up some interesting magical doodads with more looking around or different paths, or offered to let her cause trouble with the negotiations.
>It was that she needed some way to sustain herself, which she hadn't admitted at that point. In short, it was a hint toward trying to divine what she needed, and why she had done what she had.
>Five dense.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #971 on: May 18, 2011, 05:22:57 AM »
> So Shuuei was drawing on it the entire time, despite not being in direct contact with it?
> How did she get up there in the first place, anyway?
> Why did it take so long for her to grab our shadow when it seems like Nitori and Kogasa got bit in an instant? Or was she just trying to kill us outright instead?
> Why were there shadow objects in the void, if Shuuei didn't think they were supposed to be there? The Dragon's work?

Also Reimu did stab us a bit. <_<
« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 05:25:58 AM by Kilgamayan »

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

« Reply #972 on: May 18, 2011, 05:47:22 AM »
>Given that the shadow realm wrapped around, this means there was essentially no risk in trying to find Guest Island after all, right?
>What would have happened if Iku had failed to prevent Shuuei from stealing her shadow in their first confrontation?
>What would have been required to move past Sameko without fighting her?
>If we hadn't avoided Marisa the first time, and ended up speaking with her before Eirin had fully convinced her of our guilt, would we have been able to protest are innocence to at least the degree where she wouldn't open fire on us?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #973 on: May 18, 2011, 06:08:05 AM »
> So Shuuei was drawing on it the entire time, despite not being in direct contact with it?
> How did she get up there in the first place, anyway?
> Why did it take so long for her to grab our shadow when it seems like Nitori and Kogasa got bit in an instant? Or was she just trying to kill us outright instead?
> Why were there shadow objects in the void, if Shuuei didn't think they were supposed to be there? The Dragon's work?

>Yes.
>One of the abilities she never really demonstrated due to her tendency toward secretiveness; she can make shape shadows into quasi-physical objects. It's not a fact process (It took her about half an hour, in this case), but she used it to fashion a shadow she took into a set of wings.
>You never saw either of those theft. It wasn't a quick process so much as they were less able to resist than you were.
>Because the shadows are conceptual things; Bhava Agra's shadow held the concepts of its civilization, too. They weren't really the shadows of the things themselves so much as copies.

...Oh yeah, she did that first time. To be fair, pretty much everyone was bickering.

>Given that the shadow realm wrapped around, this means there was essentially no risk in trying to find Guest Island after all, right?
>What would have happened if Iku had failed to prevent Shuuei from stealing her shadow in their first confrontation?
>What would have been required to move past Sameko without fighting her?
>If we hadn't avoided Marisa the first time, and ended up speaking with her before Eirin had fully convinced her of our guilt, would we have been able to protest are innocence to at least the degree where she wouldn't open fire on us?

>There was the risk of getting lost in the void, and tired. You could have lost a great deal of time in there.
>You would have been banished within the Bhava-Agra's shadow like Nitori and Kogasa were, but from their perspective. You would have been on the Palace Island. However, in taking three intelligent shadows and Bhava-Agra's, Shuuei would have passed her limit, and you would have been able to put enough pressure on her after awhile to free yourself.
>You would have had to back off and apologize, and try to distract her away from the subject at hand and befriend her. She would have been pretty sympathetic once the issue of trespassing was set aside, especially once learning that Iku is a cloud dweller as well.
>Marisa would have almost certainly engaged you the first time, given she has the history of loopy theories. But afterward, she would have more willing to be sympathetic.

>_

« Reply #974 on: May 18, 2011, 06:10:48 AM »
>You would have been banished within the Bhava-Agra's shadow like Nitori and Kogasa were, but from their perspective. You would have been on the Palace Island. However, in taking three intelligent shadows and Bhava-Agra's, Shuuei would have passed her limit, and you would have been able to put enough pressure on her after awhile to free yourself.

>Put pressure on her how?
>And would this have actually caused further harm to her in some way?

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #975 on: May 18, 2011, 06:39:11 AM »
>Five dense.

>FAILURE[/smashbros] You get thrown off the bridge.

>Also, when are the themes coming?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #976 on: May 18, 2011, 07:06:30 AM »
>Put pressure on her how?
>And would this have actually caused further harm to her in some way?

>You would have had the opportunity when she tried to draw upon your shadow, or if you really focused on trying to free yourself while in the shadow of Bhava-Agra, you might have been able to force it.
>I hadn't decided yet. Likely it would depend on how you approached it.

Shadoweh

« Reply #977 on: May 18, 2011, 10:31:35 AM »
OH!
Why did Tenshi take the Sword of Hisou in the first place?
AND
Did Tenshi really kick those flowers in the face?
Is that why Yuuka was hanging around the Celestial Palace?

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

Solais

• Developer fairy
  • is working for a game developer now.
« Reply #978 on: May 18, 2011, 10:49:32 AM »
Well, what a fine adventure tis have been. It was so long it was become norm for me to read this every day, and so I'll probably miss it. Or maybe the next quest will replace it.

A few concerns towards the players:

Main thing is, many many past readers said this before, but with the main players going meta and planning the whole game made other players to stop playing and even reading at all. I'm still reading it, as I'm a great fan, but really, I had almost no chance to somehow reply to this. True, I'm not an Iku person, and my skills are too bare to make her sound like you did, but maybe it would be easier even on yourself if you should have asked others how to solve some of the problems. I like the idea that there's one main player who replies to the game, but I think it would be better if when planning all these things, you'd involve other players and readers as well, here in this topic, and not in private. Just as I commented on it on IRC, I've actually noticed that how Tenshi is acting like a genuinely pedagogical definition of a teenager, and just when I wanted to give some advice, as it's the major I'm studying, I couldn't because there were already 2-3 new pages due to me living in a different timezone. Same with Shuuei, she was very "my type" of a girl, and could understood easily. Of course, I don't want to say that I'm so better, it just have been a little better, if the planning of the courses of action would have involved other players as well; other points of view as Purvis said.

'nuff said. I'm curious how Nue Quest will play out.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #979 on: May 18, 2011, 02:09:39 PM »
> Is it possible for the IkuTen 'ship to sail naturally given what we've done with both of them, or would Player!Iku have had to take the initiative for it to ever have a chance?

Shadoweh

« Reply #980 on: May 18, 2011, 02:17:50 PM »
You could have stolen the bus a little >.> It's fun to drive Iku around when Kilga isn't looking!
I will love anyone that draws an Iku-bus with Rrr Kilga driving and a bunch of passengers yelling out commands. <3

Solais

• Developer fairy
  • is working for a game developer now.
« Reply #981 on: May 18, 2011, 02:49:53 PM »
Well seeing how different type of character Nue is, I'm hoping that a lot more fooling around will there be by some other drivers.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #982 on: May 18, 2011, 04:49:03 PM »
I tried to be as open about any and all plays that came up as I possibly could when I thought to do so. I will admit it's certainly possible I was doing less and less as the game wore on simply because I had been driving the bus for so long that it just became easier to not tell people that weren't inputting anyway. I already had enough stress trying to think of every last in-game detail. >_> But I try to make it a rule not to override outside input from players that don't input that often anyway if I've been driving the bus for a long time unless there's a damn good reason to do so. either there isn't a plan and thus no harm is being done, or there is a plan and I'll just work with or around the suggestion as necessary. (Sometimes outside inputs even yield solutions to plans I hadn't thought of before! I don't think I would ever have gone to Nue if Guy hadn't been so hell-bent on talking to her, for example.)

tl;dr Don't be afraid to interrupt. More often than not there is not an extreme gravity to whatever situation is currently taking place, so a potentially conflicting command isn't going to do much harm if any.

> Why did The Dragon not notice Shuuei before it was too late?
> Did Tenshi keep her sword, or did she eventually put it back (however grudgingly)? This was another loose end I meant to tie up - I was probably going to see Lady Hinanai again after the bar visit but OH WELL
> Whatever happened to the Jet Program?

EDIT: Also I would gladly marry Iku if Tenshi didn't want her so I endorse any and all prospective fanart with the two of us together <3 <3 <3
« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 04:56:59 PM by Kilgamayan »

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #983 on: May 18, 2011, 09:05:04 PM »
Congrats on the completion~

I might not've posted a lot, but I lurked every day. :3

BGM: Makai
BGM: The Sky Falls
BGM: Shadowstuck
BGM: The August One
BGM: Chasing Tenshi

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #984 on: May 18, 2011, 09:14:53 PM »
OH!
Why did Tenshi take the Sword of Hisou in the first place?
AND
Did Tenshi really kick those flowers in the face?
Is that why Yuuka was hanging around the Celestial Palace?

She thought it was hers.

That is a secret.
Would it surprise you?

> Is it possible for the IkuTen 'ship to sail naturally given what we've done with both of them, or would Player!Iku have had to take the initiative for it to ever have a chance?

>It's plausible.

> Why did The Dragon not notice Shuuei before it was too late?
> Did Tenshi keep her sword, or did she eventually put it back (however grudgingly)? This was another loose end I meant to tie up - I was probably going to see Lady Hinanai again after the bar visit but OH WELL
> Whatever happened to the Jet Program?

>The same reason it didn't notice Yuyuko disrupting the seasons or Remilia causing a nuclear winter.
>Carp, I knew I forgot to add something to the ending. You managed to get in with her well enough that she eventually put it back, with the declaration she was done with it for now.
>It was sidetrekked by Nitori being out of action. But if you look closely, there have been hints toward it.

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #985 on: May 20, 2011, 02:12:37 AM »
>BGMs?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #986 on: May 21, 2011, 04:47:46 AM »
>Music: Battle with Tenshi, battle with Shuuei, Nue vs. Aya, Orchid Isle melee, encounter with Sanae

Congrats on the completion~

I might not've posted a lot, but I lurked every day. :3

BGM: Makai
BGM: The Sky Falls
BGM: Shadowstuck
BGM: The August One
BGM: Chasing Tenshi

>Vs Tenshi: Who remembers which round this is?
>Vs Shuuei: Now you see it, Now you don't!
>Nue Vs Aya: Not the fight is seems
>Orchard Isle Battle: Free For All
>Encounter with Sanae: Proof or else.
>Momizi Down Mystia's Dress: Like a TARDIS
>Makai: Realm of Preta
>The Sky Falls: Meet the Ceiling.
>Shadowstuck: A Prisoner In Your Own Home
>The August One: Strange Benevolence
>Chasing Tenshi: Can you make the top 3 times?
« Last Edit: May 21, 2011, 05:19:10 AM by Kilgamayan »

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #987 on: May 21, 2011, 05:43:36 AM »
>Are we allowed to make our own BGM suggestions?

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #988 on: May 21, 2011, 11:30:23 AM »
Ah~

Thank you very much for the BGMs Purvis!

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.